Avicus Archive

Shooting yourself in the void by DaFrozenBlaze December 29, 2015 at 7:12 PM UTC

Shooting yourself in the void when you get shot/knocked off to prevent that person from getting the kill. One source tells me that is it not allowed, the other source tells me that it is allowed. Can I get an official confirmation on this?

ImNotYourTiger December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

How is it not allowed? It might happen but who cares tbh. I've never heard of that rule myself and I'm sure no one will rage over a block game for not getting a kill :P

ApolloIsFunky December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

How is it not allowed? It might happen but who cares tbh. I've never heard of that rule myself and I'm sure no one will rage over a block game for not getting a kill :P
Mate, it's cheating. If you do it then there team will get a point. It's basically like if you had a game and your team was racking up points and others didn't know what the hell was going on, they would think that you were hacking. It just goes to show that it's wrong. Also i boost's your KD up, trust me, if it's under 1, then your KD will go up...

arsalankiller December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

Guys Guys he asked for a official confirmation so please let one of the staff members handle this thanks!

~Wouter

lil_greg15 December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

Why would it not be allowed?

arsalankiller December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

Why would it not be allowed?
Maybe your K/D?
Or when you play the "Nebula" with points

ImNotYourTiger December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

Mate, it's cheating. If you do it then there team will get a point. It's basically like if you had a game and your team was racking up points and others didn't know what the hell was going on, they would think that you were hacking. It just goes to show that it's wrong. Also i boost's your KD up, trust me, if it's under 1, then your KD will go up...
It's a game amigo. 
I didnt know it boosts ur KD but u don't always hit yourself in the void. Let them think you hack so what? What are they gonna do call you "ez"? It doesn't happen often anyway

Coco_stag December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

It's a game amigo. 
I didnt know it boosts ur KD but u don't always hit yourself in the void. Let them think you hack so what? What are they gonna do call you "ez"? It doesn't happen often anyway
"its a game"

You can't say that to everything, my friend. Yes, this is all a game. Team killing, spawn killing its all a game, But that doesn't mean it's allowed. So don't say it's a game, srsly...

dilpickel December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

Not an official answer but in my opinion this is abusing a glitch. Its like void logging you knocked the player into the void you should get the kill but if they logged or shoot them selves you get nothing. I already punish if I see people doing it.

pope_panda December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

how about we just make it so you cant shoot yourself

SnowSX3 December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

It's allowed. It's just a dick move.

This is the same as running into the void when getting chased by someone.
Technically it's allowed but it shows poor sportsmanship.

rinn December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

I don't think it's too much of a big deal because there aren't a lot of people who use it/know about it, but if there's a way to fix it, that'd be good.

Robin_DD_J December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

It's just a prank bro

ProfessorUtonium December 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

It's the same thing as when you pvp someone, you run away, and you jump into the void, "stealing" the enemy kill. Shooting yourself is "stealing" the enemy kill. Plus it's hard to do.

imryaan December 29, 2015 at 9:12 PM UTC

i guess if you were on half a heart kfing on Senex II and you  suddenly got SWARMED by the other team i guess its pretty smart so that they dont get your armor

iTerraCubist December 29, 2015 at 9:12 PM UTC

i guess if you were on half a heart kfing on Senex II and you  suddenly got SWARMED by the other team i guess its pretty smart so that they dont get your armor
Exactly, i do that all the time
(Not the "Shoot yousef w/ the arrow" thing, just jumping off like when bae says shes home alone)

BmB December 29, 2015 at 10:12 PM UTC

why are we even able to shoot ourselves? And not shoot through team mates while we're on the topic

_DipperPines December 29, 2015 at 10:12 PM UTC

I hate it when it happens. The devs I think really should fix it. Like once I decided to take a shot before destroying the monument. That was a mistake.

ApolloIsFunky December 29, 2015 at 10:12 PM UTC

That's the thing, it has been aroblem for a long time now, and no one really know how to "fix" it. It's has something to do with the yml or XML or whatever they use, but they can't just fix it with a snap of a finger

Loo December 29, 2015 at 10:12 PM UTC

"its a game"

You can't say that to everything, my friend. Yes, this is all a game. Team killing, spawn killing its all a game, But that doesn't mean it's allowed. So don't say it's a game, srsly...
It's a game

kycrafft December 29, 2015 at 10:12 PM UTC

It's just a prank bro
Woah woah it's on camera! It's on camera, man!

But to address the main issue I think that being able to shoot yourself should not be able to happen. It's really annoying.

Deezi December 29, 2015 at 10:12 PM UTC

i do it all the time :c

kycrafft December 29, 2015 at 11:12 PM UTC

Yeah but why would you shoot yourself off? Would it be easier to jump off?

ApolloIsFunky December 30, 2015 at 12:12 AM UTC

Yeah but why would you shoot yourself off? Would it be easier to jump off?
Probably to raise KD or to prevent the other person to get the kill. I mean, there is a 5 second delay when you jump in the void ON PURPOSE. Like if you get hit and you run away and jump in the void, they'll still get the kill. But if you shoot yourself off, then it will count as you kill, if I'm making any sense?

steven5703 December 30, 2015 at 12:12 AM UTC

It's a game
Its not a game. Lego pvp is a serious matter.

piratewithgun December 30, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

why are we even able to shoot ourselves? And not shoot through team mates while we're on the topic
1. Boosting yourself when running, especially with the punch bows

2. We are not ocn

piratewithgun December 30, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

It's the same thing as when you pvp someone, you run away, and you jump into the void, "stealing" the enemy kill. Shooting yourself is "stealing" the enemy kill. Plus it's hard to do.
I agree with this. Tbh I never knew that this was a thing before I read the post

ProfessorUtonium December 30, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

Probably to raise KD or to prevent the other person to get the kill. I mean, there is a 5 second delay when you jump in the void ON PURPOSE. Like if you get hit and you run away and jump in the void, they'll still get the kill. But if you shoot yourself off, then it will count as you kill, if I'm making any sense?
How would you raise your KD?
You're still dying by killing yourself which lowers your KD. Plus, if you shoot yourself and kill yourself, it doesn't add points to the scoreboard. The only reason why I shoot myself is to get out of the void quicker so I can respawn. Plus on scrim servers and official servers, it doesn't keep track of your kills/death on your stats page. This is still the same thing as running away from a guy who just lowered you to 2 hearts, then you jump into the void and they don't get the kill.

Jahaj December 30, 2015 at 2:12 AM UTC

The only problem I have on this is TDM where people can shoot themselves instead of being killed by the other team, and it steals the point. On other gamemodes it really doesn't matter in my opinion.

kycrafft December 30, 2015 at 2:12 AM UTC

I understand that, but in his post, his concern was the other team getting the armor, not about his KD. In that situation, it's much easier to jump.

Posighdun December 30, 2015 at 2:12 AM UTC

Official Response

We have decided it is allowed.

DaFrozenBlaze December 30, 2015 at 3:12 AM UTC

Official Response

We have decided it is allowed.
Thanks

felipu_feliu December 30, 2015 at 3:12 AM UTC

Wait how you do dis

Obliviowner December 30, 2015 at 3:12 AM UTC

i love falling into the void

Sevoo December 30, 2015 at 5:12 AM UTC

Not an official answer but in my opinion this is abusing a glitch. Its like void logging you knocked the player into the void you should get the kill but if they logged or shoot them selves you get nothing. I already punish if I see people doing it.
Well then, the solution is simple.

Fix the glitch.

Glitchaye December 30, 2015 at 5:12 AM UTC

Well then, the solution is simple.

Fix the glitch.
Its a vanilla glitch. have fun patching it

ApolloIsFunky December 30, 2015 at 5:12 AM UTC

How would you raise your KD?
You're still dying by killing yourself which lowers your KD. Plus, if you shoot yourself and kill yourself, it doesn't add points to the scoreboard. The only reason why I shoot myself is to get out of the void quicker so I can respawn. Plus on scrim servers and official servers, it doesn't keep track of your kills/death on your stats page. This is still the same thing as running away from a guy who just lowered you to 2 hearts, then you jump into the void and they don't get the kill.
I've tried and it actually has, it was leaked on OCN for about a day and it rose your kd. I don't know the logic of it, I didn't invent kd

ProfessorUtonium December 30, 2015 at 5:12 AM UTC

I've tried and it actually has, it was leaked on OCN for about a day and it rose your kd. I don't know the logic of it, I didn't invent kd
OCN Avicus

It doesn't raise your KD on avicus.

ApolloIsFunky December 30, 2015 at 5:12 AM UTC

Oh, even if it's under one? Because if it's higher then it doesnt .

ProfessorUtonium December 30, 2015 at 5:12 AM UTC

Oh, even if it's under one? Because if it's higher then it doesnt .
You can answer your question using the math to Kill/Death ratios.

Say you have
20k kills
23k deaths

20/23 = 0.86956522

Say you get 23.1k deaths from killing yourself with a bow.

20/23.1 = 0.86580087 which is lower than the 20/23 result.

To see it in a bigger scale, compare 20/23 to 20k kills to 30k deaths which you gained from killing yourself in the void.

20/30 = 0.66666667 (wayless than the target 20/23).

It would never raise your KD as you don't get the kill (you would gain credits of You actually did) but you still gain the death.

ApolloIsFunky December 30, 2015 at 6:12 AM UTC

Ok

DaFrozenBlaze December 30, 2015 at 6:12 AM UTC

Say you have
20k kills
23k deaths

20/23 = 0.86956522

To see it in a bigger scale, compare 20/23 to 20k kills to 30k deaths which you gained from killing yourself in the void.

It would never raise your KD as you don't get the kill (you would gain credits of You actually did) but you still gain the death.
all it does it prevent your kd from going down

AIDSquirt December 30, 2015 at 6:12 AM UTC

Say you have
20k kills
23k deaths

20/23 = 0.86956522

I just tested it on Avicus in-game, it counts as both a death and a kill. So it doesn't do anything really

DaFrozenBlaze December 30, 2015 at 6:12 AM UTC

I just tested it on Avicus in-game, it counts as both a death and a kill. So it doesn't do anything really
People do it to protect their kd

Sevoo December 30, 2015 at 6:12 AM UTC

Its a vanilla glitch. have fun patching it
It wasn't there before the Omega Update. Why is it now?

AtditC December 30, 2015 at 7:12 AM UTC

Lol if this is allowed, block spamming on not editable regions should then be allowed too

AIDSquirt December 30, 2015 at 7:12 AM UTC

People do it to protect their kd
I realize that :P Zerk was stating it as if when you shoot yourself in the void, it only counts as a death.

JustBudah December 30, 2015 at 9:12 AM UTC

It's just a prank bro
(Gone sexual)

BmB December 30, 2015 at 10:12 AM UTC

1. Boosting yourself when running, especially with the punch bows

2. We are not ocn
jesus christ it's a broken game mechanic...

ImRaging December 30, 2015 at 9:12 PM UTC

Say you have
20k kills
23k deaths

20/23 = 0.86956522

it will maintain your PvP k/d but not your overall k/d

DaFrozenBlaze December 31, 2015 at 3:12 AM UTC

it will maintain your PvP k/d but not your overall k/d
Doesn't it maintain both?

Mr_BossMan_1 January 1, 2016 at 7:01 PM UTC

MLGporky told me it was legal when he was still a mod.

DaFrozenBlaze January 1, 2016 at 7:01 PM UTC

MLGporky told me it was legal when he was still a mod.
It's already confirmed as allowed now.

Mr_BossMan_1 January 2, 2016 at 2:01 AM UTC

It's already confirmed as allowed now.

yay

DaFrozenBlaze February 15, 2016 at 5:02 AM UTC

Bump
I would just like to ask if this is allowed in TDM, especially official matches, where kills are important. Only map with a problem is Actrix, since it has void.

Legoche February 15, 2016 at 9:02 AM UTC

Just thought I would put this out there....
https://avicus.net/fatme#stats

look at his recent kills
LEGIT BRUV

Coco_stag February 15, 2016 at 10:02 AM UTC

look at his recent kills
LEGIT BRUV
"his" wow wow wow

DaFrozenBlaze February 15, 2016 at 11:02 AM UTC

look at his recent kills
LEGIT BRUV
Her
That's Ashley
She could have shot herself, shot herself off, spleefed herself, maybe others idek.

AtditC February 15, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

My opinion: If there is a bug where you can shoot yourself, you should also be able to shoot yourself into the void to prevent getting killed from person x. It's an Avicus bug, and it's Avicus' fault, if people use this.

DaFrozenBlaze February 15, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

My opinion: If there is a bug where you can shoot yourself, you should also be able to shoot yourself into the void to prevent getting killed from person x. It's an Avicus bug, and it's Avicus' fault, if people use this.
I mean shooting yourself, not shooting yourself off.
Same thing still though.

DaFrozenBlaze June 20, 2016 at 11:06 AM UTC

https://avicus.net/punishments/650812
uh wat
So many people have been doing it, this is like the first punishment I've seen in a while

EDJM9 June 20, 2016 at 11:06 AM UTC

It happens. I tried to do it before but never worked. It's accidental

DaFrozenBlaze June 20, 2016 at 11:06 AM UTC

It happens. I tried to do it before but never worked. It's accidental
No most of them are intentional

ALM June 20, 2016 at 3:06 PM UTC

This glitch has been fixed.

Okiba June 20, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

dangit

Sevoo June 20, 2016 at 6:06 PM UTC

youre a g0d

Numberz_ June 27, 2016 at 4:06 AM UTC

Uh?https://avicus.net/punishments/651213

Crimson_Aught June 27, 2016 at 7:06 AM UTC

No, it hasn't

DaFrozenBlaze June 27, 2016 at 1:06 PM UTC

Lol

Emmylou June 28, 2016 at 4:06 AM UTC

Lol
YUP not allowed apparently lol.

Numberz_ June 28, 2016 at 4:06 AM UTC

YUP not allowed apparently lol.
or staff didn't like you? ;c

ImRaging June 28, 2016 at 7:06 AM UTC

Cant the ability to shoot yourself just be removed

Zeusy June 28, 2016 at 11:06 AM UTC

Cant the ability to shoot yourself just be removed
+1
You also shoot yourself if a teammate gets infront of you while shooting.

Emmylou June 28, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

or staff didn't like you? ;c
That could be it. I gave them a lot of trouble for it so that could've been why. But is it actually officially against the rules??

DaFrozenBlaze July 16, 2016 at 9:07 AM UTC

So is this allowed or not allowed?

cellish July 21, 2016 at 4:07 PM UTC

Comeon guys! 

I do it sometimes, nothing happens... :P
It's just a game, what could happen?

Junr July 21, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

So is this allowed or not allowed?
Not allowed.

vladthegreat100 July 21, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

Not allowed.
You guys should clarify this stuff. Jeez. One second y'all saying it's not allowed, don't do it, other second it's fixed and the rule is off of the rules page. Should just not be punished until added back onto the rules and made an official answer on a thread tbh.

You guys should clarify this stuff. Jeez. One second y'all saying it's not allowed, don't do it, other second it's fixed and the rule is off of the rules page. Should just not be punished until added back onto the rules and made an official answer on a thread tbh.

I was confused too, but I had a talk to Posighdun about it and he was saying that we officially punish for it since it's  against the rules. Shooting yourself in the void is against the rules.

vladthegreat100 July 21, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

I was confused too, but I had a talk to Posighdun about it and he was saying that we officially punish for it since it's  against the rules. Shooting yourself in the void is against the rules.
Oh I know it's punishable, but people are being told it's been fixed, and I know I have a habit of shooting myself anyway even if it doesn't work (I always do it on OCN). Knowing it's not fixed means that people will actually try to not shoot themselves, if it's told it's fixed then if people make a habit like I did, and is told that it's been fixed with no one being told in a place where everyone will look saying it's no longer fixed or it never was fixed, then is getting punished for the screw-ups of others

Oh I know it's punishable, but people are being told it's been fixed, and I know I have a habit of shooting myself anyway even if it doesn't work (I always do it on OCN). Knowing it's not fixed means that people will actually try to not shoot themselves, if it's told it's fixed then if people make a habit like I did, and is told that it's been fixed with no one being told in a place where everyone will look saying it's no longer fixed or it never was fixed, then is getting punished for the screw-ups of others
I know, I even told ALM himself that it wasn't fixed :L, but you can't even do it in Atlas, (I tried it in the beta testing).

ImRaging July 21, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

I know, I even told ALM himself that it wasn't fixed :L, but you can't even do it in Atlas, (I tried it in the beta testing).
YOU CANT SHOOT URSLEF?!?!!?

Junr July 21, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

YOU CANT SHOOT URSLEF?!?!!?
You can't.