Avicus Archive

Think twice, at least. by XxZalphinoxX February 1, 2016 at 8:02 AM UTC

Dear Avicans, or anyone reading this.

This post is only meant to share an opinion, and not meant to offend any group of people or an individual. Dear Staff, please excuse any racial slurs that might be posted in this, as it is only meant to be an example.

So i'd like to ask you.

Why should you think twice?
Surely we all have different opinions about this don't we.

I'd like to give an example

"Player1: Bruv let's go play some Nebula"
"Player 2: Fuck off, fuck no n*gga"
"Player1: Wanna suck me off before that?"
"Player 2: I'll fuck your mum"

So, why did this player respond like this?

1) He's 5 years old
2) He's immature
3) He wants to be rude
4) He's a troll

These are the common reasons someone must be rude to you, or else the person actually has a valuable excuse to show such behaviour  for acting in such a way, offensive and immature.

Usually not.

Why did this happen in the first place?

1) He wanted to break the rules
2) He wanted to piss staff off
3) He wants to waste time
4) He's a troll

These are some of the most irritating reasons as to why the person has responded in such a way.

But you must think twice before you answer back. Why? because it starts flame wars.
Who wants flame wars? No one. Who wants to belong? Everyone.

So before you answer or question someone, think it through and don't be a jerk about it.

The only reason I made this is because no one in Avicus, and I mean no one has yet shown the maturity to think about what they're doing before they do it.

Gracias,
-Zal.

SnowSX3 February 1, 2016 at 9:02 AM UTC

"no one has yet shown the maturity to think about what they're doing before they do it."

That's quite the assumption.

zero9178 February 1, 2016 at 9:02 AM UTC

If only it would work like that :/

Robin_DD_J February 1, 2016 at 9:02 AM UTC

I usually express anger by doing sarcastic responses, however I don't go that far lmfao.

XxZalphinoxX February 1, 2016 at 9:02 AM UTC

"no one has yet shown the maturity to think about what they're doing before they do it."

That's quite the assumption.
How do you define an assumption?

"A thing that is accepted as true or certain to happen, without proof"
Your meaning must be different, if not.

But, as I said in the post, I haven't actually come across anyone with such a profile honestly.

FrozenSolstice February 1, 2016 at 10:02 AM UTC

But, as I said in the post, I haven't actually come across anyone with such a profile honestly.
Snow's comment is correct.

Plenty of people have. I think about what I say or do before I open my mouth or go to do something. Generalising everyone is quite ignorant.

That sounded harsh, but oh well. I mean no harm.

On the other hand, this post is nice. Thanks for creating it, I hope people read this.

Zedther February 1, 2016 at 10:02 AM UTC

Just because you haven't found anyone who acted as the bigger man, doesn't attribute that behavior to everyone else. 

In regards to the OP, myself and the whole staff team highly encourage this behavior, but as Zero said, it doesn't and can't ever work that way.

XxZalphinoxX February 1, 2016 at 11:02 AM UTC

Guys I think the message I tried to imply wasn't understood as it was meant to.

I'm not saying a certain individual, this is the general committee of the server.

And to me saying that I haven't seen anyone with such maturity just is me saying that it should be shown more and by more people.

Because the people that are abruptly rude, need to be dealt with.

FrozenSolstice February 1, 2016 at 11:02 AM UTC

I'm not saying a certain individual, this is the general committee of the server.

And to me saying that I haven't seen anyone with such maturity just is me saying that it should be shown more and by more people.

As a Moderator, I can say that I am able to kick, tempban, warn and ban players. I am not able, nor is it my place, to try change players how to act. It'd be nice if the world worked in a way in which someone makes a mistake, is told the right thing, then never acts up again. I'm sorry to say that, no matter how many players are punished, there will still be repeat offenders and even new players that continue to act immaturely.

Sadly, it's human nature. I'm unable to change someone else's actions, only you are able to change you. If everyone was taught or knew how to act, as I said, that'd be awesome.

"I'm not saying a certain individual, this is the general committee of the server."

Really? I thought the number of mature players outnumbered the immature here. Maybe that's because I come on at different timezones to you, though.

XxZalphinoxX February 1, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

May it be timezone, or being outnumbered. There are more immature people on the server, at least in my view. Every second word is fuck you, asshole, or bitch.

Zeusy February 1, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

its the internet, get used to it lmao

DaFrozenBlaze February 1, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

Hasty generalization, and that ^^

BoldAndBrash February 1, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

As stated already, that statement IS an assumption and a ridiculous one, too.

Also, all the people who do this hardly even know of the forums existence. They won't see it.

kycrafft February 1, 2016 at 3:02 PM UTC

Or maybe the player is tired of being mature all day and decides to be immature in the place where it arguably has the least impact. I've seen it a lot

ElementalAssasin February 1, 2016 at 3:02 PM UTC

I'm just saying i never met anyone rude or trying to be though there was this one time on badlion someone wanted to duel me and kept spamming me so i said stop talking to me and then he started saying duel me bitch and i did not talk smack but just said "I pvp for fun not to brag or make fun of them of how they pvp" and he stopped talking just like that

Thomas_Shoes February 1, 2016 at 4:02 PM UTC

Lmfao

ImRaging February 1, 2016 at 5:02 PM UTC

You can't stop people doing it. It's the internet.

Irl if someone was pissing you off by saying things like that, you'd walk away and just ignore the situation right? So why not the same here? Just ignore them or turn chat off.

AtditC February 1, 2016 at 6:02 PM UTC

omfg

Glitchaye February 1, 2016 at 7:02 PM UTC

May it be timezone, or being outnumbered. There are more immature people on the server, at least in my view. Every second word is fuck you, asshole, or bitch.
fuck

JDKL February 1, 2016 at 8:02 PM UTC

Why can't there be a plugin that blocks inappropriate messages and everything. It is quite simple.

OriginaI February 1, 2016 at 9:02 PM UTC

fuck
me

SnowSX3 February 1, 2016 at 9:02 PM UTC

You said that you've seen no one on Avicus think before they act.
So yes, I did call you out for making an assumption because what you said was incorrect.

AtditC February 1, 2016 at 9:02 PM UTC

Why can't there be a plugin that blocks inappropriate messages and everything. It is quite simple.
I heard from Mods "It's easy to bypass"

Don't know if this is the real reason (but imo it is)

DaFrozenBlaze February 1, 2016 at 10:02 PM UTC

I heard from Mods "It's easy to bypass"

Don't know if this is the real reason (but imo it is)
"F u c k"

AtditC February 1, 2016 at 11:02 PM UTC

"F u c k"
Please stop saying words like ****, it's not ******** good, okay?

DaFrozenBlaze February 1, 2016 at 11:02 PM UTC

Please stop saying words like ****, it's not ******** good, okay?
Ok

ImNotYourTiger February 1, 2016 at 11:02 PM UTC

Most of this is because of gamers. Before anyone tries to be "funny" and say we're all gamers because we play games, I mean serious gamers. The reason is because they take a block game so seriously and they rage. An example (no hate <redacted>i:P) 

This occurred on teamspeak

<redacted>: I'm so much better than you *kills me as I'm typing*
Me: Lel type kill ftw
<redacted>: HAH excuses kid don't even try and say your better than me I can rek you ez kid.
Me: Ok
<redacted>: Badlion I rekt you Tiger.
Me: Yeah but Imma little bit rusty I didn't play mc for 2 days xD
<redacted>: Stfu your ez
Me: *Starts getting frustrated*
(At this time I realized that they really take this game seriously and they didn't realize I was joking. And I knew they weren't because they kept trying to piss me off) 
Me: Hey <redacted> at least I can play a sport
Someome else in teamspeak (forgot his name lol): You don't play a sport <redacted>
<redacted>: Fuck off you can barley throw a basketball

Then shortly after, everyone left. See I'm saying this not because I wanna make <redacted> and <redacted> feel bad, but to show how stupid you feel after arguing over a stupid block game. Aren't we here to have fun? Why does it always have to be "your ez" or "I can rek you". Why does there always have to be someone who spoils the game for you with threats? (DDOS, False hackusation/Banning threats, etc) I'm sorry but I really want everyone to know from this post that overall, this is a game that people want to enjoy, not to feel bad from a simple game.  

I want everyone to know that this is not a salty nor hateful post. Just trying to give a message 

kycrafft February 2, 2016 at 4:02 AM UTC

Trust me, it was terrible.

JDKL February 2, 2016 at 8:02 AM UTC

Trust me, it was terrible.
Then the Devs can spend more time creating a decent one?

Iron February 2, 2016 at 11:02 AM UTC

Then the Devs can spend more time creating a decent one?
At the moment the devs need to allocate their resources into projects of higher priority.

JDKL February 2, 2016 at 4:02 PM UTC

At the moment the devs need to allocate their resources into projects of higher priority.
Like what? We don't hear these other projects. Resources? They just use a computer..