Avicus Archive

Help- London by StewieFG March 25, 2015 at 12:03 PM UTC

Hello! :)

I really need your all help. In a week I'm flying to London for a week, and I barely have any places to visit in. I'll  be more than happy if you people from London or anyone that knows good museums or fun places to visit will tell me them and explain me a bit. I really need it. 
Thanks, Electra :D

Porkyyy March 25, 2015 at 12:03 PM UTC

Personally, I've always wanted to visit the Natural History Museum in London. I've heard that it's really fascinating, so I would really recommend seeing it if you'll be in London!

voidloop March 25, 2015 at 1:03 PM UTC

Hi mate! Im english so yeah:
- Natural History Museum- As Porky said, very fascinating!
-London Eye-Probobaly one of the best sightseeing in London.
- Football match!-Dont go to see a very expensive one
-The Crown jewelery on the Tower of london! Really exciting and you can find out a LOT of history about them.
-Madamme Tusard museum(A.K.A Wax museum)
- The Pound Museum- A lot of info about pounds(Boring but Interesting :P)
- Royal Gardens-Hang around the Queens garden for about 15 pounds.

See you :D

Trexychan March 25, 2015 at 1:03 PM UTC

I got scared shitless when I rode the London eye.

I was literally facedown on the floor in the center of the pod, I didnt even wanna look at out.

Still fun tho :) Its a giant ferris wheel.

rememes March 25, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

I'll see u there m8

flyofff March 25, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

I went England for 6 times, London. That is amazing. You should visit the National History Museum, London Eye, Big Ben,Travalgar Square (whatever) and Apple Store. Subways are amazing, not like USA's... And finally, of course Hyde Park! If you need something about there you can ask me 'cuz as I said I went there for 6 times ;)

flyofff March 25, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

And try to see English soldiers. I did... They change their duties. Go to concert of Phantom of the Opera! I went it and I'm still thinking 'bout it!

ImRaging March 25, 2015 at 4:03 PM UTC

Trafalgar square and Buckingham Palace.

zdq March 25, 2015 at 4:03 PM UTC

ghetto is noice

Jerseys March 25, 2015 at 4:03 PM UTC

taco bell, oh shit they dont have it here

Notalgicular March 25, 2015 at 4:03 PM UTC

taco bell, oh shit they dont have it here
and if you go to america, check out some history, oh shit, they dont have that there..

XtraMajestical March 25, 2015 at 5:03 PM UTC

I live a bit close there-
Places-
SeaWorld
London Eye
Queens Palace
National History / Geography museum
Harrods (Huge epic superly expensive posh shop)
Shopping....
Look around....

StewieFG March 25, 2015 at 5:03 PM UTC

Thanks everyone :)

@XtraMajestical: What SeaWorld is? Could you tell me a bit about it?

RightSide March 25, 2015 at 5:03 PM UTC

I link near London got to the eye :)

Pelpelajax March 25, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

Thanks everyone :)

@XtraMajestical: What SeaWorld is? Could you tell me a bit about it?
It's a big Aquarium by the London Eye. I recommened it, totally worth it. On a side note, try and visit Windsor Castle. It's around 20-30 minutes by train from London Waterloo.

Notalgicular March 25, 2015 at 7:03 PM UTC

ehh i live pretty near london so i dont go to many of the tourest attractions there, but for someone who hasnt been to london much, go to the olympic stadium grounds. its pretty cool

smitdaIt March 25, 2015 at 7:03 PM UTC

It's a big Aquarium by the London Eye. I recommened it, totally worth it. On a side note, try and visit Windsor Castle. It's around 20-30 minutes by train from London Waterloo.
lamaow

voidloop March 25, 2015 at 7:03 PM UTC

I live just on the front of the london eye. And as Armarni said, you should go there.

Jahaj March 25, 2015 at 10:03 PM UTC

I saw The Lion King there when I was younger. :p

Mooch24 March 25, 2015 at 11:03 PM UTC

and if you go to america, check out some history, oh shit, they dont have that there..
if you go to london, check out some freedom, oh shit, they dont have that there..

Dyspa March 26, 2015 at 3:03 AM UTC

Hi mate! Im english so yeah:
- Natural History Museum- As Porky said, very fascinating!
-London Eye-Probobaly one of the best sightseeing in London.
- Football match!-Dont go to see a very expensive one
-The Crown jewelery on the Tower of london! Really exciting and you can find out a LOT of history about them.
-Madamme Tusard museum(A.K.A Wax museum)
- The Pound Museum- A lot of info about pounds(Boring but Interesting :P)
- Royal Gardens-Hang around the Queens garden for about 15 pounds.

See you :D
Stop being a liar lol, you live in Spain + you told me you were american. Also, nice Google search and please be honest with your nationality.
@OP: Visit Avicus players.

smitdaIt March 26, 2015 at 3:03 AM UTC

if you go to london, check out some freedom, oh shit, they dont have that there..

BourbonBonobo March 26, 2015 at 4:03 AM UTC

As a person who has lived in europe, and has travelled to London numerous, times, I would recommend,  the following:

Hope this list helps <3

StewieFG March 26, 2015 at 5:03 AM UTC

As a person who has lived in europe, and has travelled to London numerous, times, I would recommend,  the following:

• The tower of London: This is a must buddy. there is so much history, and beauty to this castle. I would seriously try and get your spot to go on one of the tours with the beefeaters! It is really cool! 
  • the British Museum: This museum is pretty awesome. I would say that you'll need good walking shoes.. The museum is pretty big!
  • Tower Bridge: This magnificent treasure of england, is truly amazing. Just walking across it is really cool!
  • Go to the London EYE. Personally, I hate touristy places, but this one is truly awesome. Nothing beats a 360 view of London from above right?
  • I would strongly recommend, going out and seeing the Imperial War Museum!
  • Hamleys Toystore: Ok, you might not be into toys anymore, but this toy store is freaking huge! I mean 6 stories tall of toys, candy, giant teddy bears, and Lego
  • Here's a good tip for london: Get an oyster card (transportation card) This thing will take you anywhere, you can take the tube, or the busses, or anything that goes on wheels and requires the oyster car! 
Hope this list helps <3
Thanks :) Could you explain me a bit more about the Oyster card? I think transportation is the most Important part if I want to get anywhere.

BourbonBonobo March 26, 2015 at 5:03 AM UTC

Ok the oyster card is basically like a bus pass, where you scan it, and you are free to enter the bus. The card is prepaid, and is rechargeable. I would recommend, researching on the london tube website, to find out more! I haven't been to london in two years, so things may have changed so yeah! Just check the website, or ask your parents buddy. I'm pretty sure they could help

Out2Kill March 26, 2015 at 6:03 AM UTC

Visit Pizza and egg his house.

Notalgicular March 26, 2015 at 7:03 AM UTC

we have exactly the same freedom as you apart from we don't need guns to defend ourselves :^)

StewieFG March 30, 2015 at 5:03 AM UTC

I am flying today to London, I will try to visit every single one of the places you recommended to me, thanks so much for the help. <3
Since I am flying today, this topic is useless, please lock.

BourbonBonobo March 30, 2015 at 6:03 AM UTC

Electra, have lots of fun man! The city of London is one of the most memorable places that iv'e been too! Enjoy your time! Oh, and don't forget about that oyster card I mentioned <3

voidloop March 30, 2015 at 9:03 AM UTC

Stop being a liar lol, you live in Spain + you told me you were american. Also, nice Google search and please be honest with your nationality.
@OP: Visit Avicus players.
And you stop trying to think you are better than anyone else. I have never ever told you that I´m American, And I can´t really get the point that you STILL don´t undestand the point that I Downloaded Teamspeak while living in Spain, And I can be Honest About that, I have lived in Spain for a couple of years, But my nacionality is English. Once again, if you have any doubts about this, we can talk on Teamspeak whenever you want, just so you see that im English, Not spanish.

And Could we please stop having these Conversations on Avicus Forums? If you want to talk, contact me over skype, but don´t crush the forums by Crap.

Derumisis March 30, 2015 at 10:03 AM UTC

As I have been living in London for all my life, let me tell you what to visit.

Portobello Market, a place of all cultures.
The Shard, huge flippin building.
London Eye, See all of London in a ferris wheel
Camden Town
Science Musem
Natural History Museum
London Zoo is pretty cool to.

Dyspa March 30, 2015 at 10:03 AM UTC

And you stop trying to think you are better than anyone else. I have never ever told you that I´m American, And I can´t really get the point that you STILL don´t undestand the point that I Downloaded Teamspeak while living in Spain, And I can be Honest About that, I have lived in Spain for a couple of years, But my nacionality is English. Once again, if you have any doubts about this, we can talk on Teamspeak whenever you want, just so you see that im English, Not spanish.

And Could we please stop having these Conversations on Avicus Forums? If you want to talk, contact me over skype, but don´t crush the forums by Crap.
1. When did I say I'm the best at everything? Dude, this is a block game.
2. It just annoys me because you clearly live in Spain as flags in TS are set from your current location and you don't want to admit it.
3. Then you say you live in front of the London eye (lol) when you apparently live in America.
4. I'm pretty sure Badger/Xiphias remembers that moment when you said you were american.
5. Le grammar.

@OP: Try making a cruise over Europe, I heard there are really good ones over there.

Nebbsy March 30, 2015 at 10:03 AM UTC

I'm surprised that no one has said "Me" yet.

I don't live on London but as people have mentioned: London eye, Big Ben (Neb). If I were to go there I would want to see those. 

PS: For Big Ben bring a bathing suit, you'll be able to go down a water slide in a tire! (Only phinies and Ferb watchers will understand that.:P

voidloop March 30, 2015 at 10:03 AM UTC

1. When did I say I'm the best at everything? Dude, this is a block game.
2. It just annoys me because you clearly live in Spain as flags in TS are set from your current location and you don't want to admit it.
3. Then you say you live in front of the London eye (lol) when you apparently live in America.
4. I'm pretty sure Badger/Xiphias remembers that moment when you said you were american.
5. Le grammar.

@OP: Try making a cruise over Europe, I heard there are really good ones over there.
Le grammar? Look, I´m pretty sure that Nova didn´t DDos you, but i am going to take a risk here and believe in you. If you still don´t believe my location, that´s ok, but I really don´t want to Get on badly with no one on this server, so could we please stop this discussion? Let´s just get on well.

voidloop March 30, 2015 at 11:03 AM UTC

Le grammar? Look, I´m pretty sure that Nova didn´t DDos you, but i am going to take a risk here and believe in you. If you still don´t believe my location, that´s ok, but I really don´t want to Get on badly with no one on this server, so could we please stop this discussion? Let´s just get on well.
And who the actual f*** cares about our location on a Fuc***** block game, we should just have fun all together. So lets just get on well, talk about normal things, like I like this map or so, and i am going to be honest here: Yes, Im spanish: Ive been living near the London Eye, but know im not. So please forgive me on the act of trying to be a person that im not.