Avicus Archive

Please, for your own health!!! by Itsameekizzii October 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

Guys please get a flu shot, I know this isn't avicus related but since you are human playing on avicus I want to spread the word, PLEASE get a flu shot if you can because it is really bad this year and someone I know's son landed in the hospital on his way to death because he got hit badly with different flu types, thanks for reading, stay safe/healthy!

ViceTechnicolour October 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

Some interesting articles:

http://kdvr.com/2015/10/02/health-experts-promise-flu-shot-is-more-effective-now-than-in-years-past/
http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/2015-flu-vaccine-better/2015/09/21/id/692488/
http://gizmodo.com/this-is-why-you-need-a-flu-shot-1734598883

Itsameekizzii October 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

Thank you!

FrozenSolstice October 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

Sorry to hear about the someone you know's son.

Though I believe if you have a healthy immune system, and are just generally healthy overall. (That includes mental health and psychical health.) There isn't really a need for the flu shot.

Personally, I've never taken it because I'm hardly affected by the flu. But if you think you NEED to have the shot, go ahead.

AyyJake October 6, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

I get the flu spray...

_Phyre October 6, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

Already? Damn, best of luck man! 
I really hate how "viruses" and diseases exist. I guess we do need some more obstacles to over come in life. Compare our technology right now, and diseases. Cancer, we can still barely prevent it, some make it out alive, some don't. Honestly, this will probably never end, we will never catch up to what might kill us. 

But as said in the post, please please do get a flu shot. I've already been sick with 2 colds in the past 2 months (1 per month). So I'm definitely getting the shot when I'm better.

Itsameekizzii October 6, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

Already? Damn, best of luck man! 
I really hate how "viruses" and diseases exist. I guess we do need some more obstacles to over come in life. Compare our technology right now, and diseases. Cancer, we can still barely prevent it, some make it out alive, some don't. Honestly, this will probably never end, we will never catch up to what might kill us. 

But as said in the post, please please do get a flu shot. I've already been sick with 2 colds in the past 2 months (1 per month). So I'm definitely getting the shot when I'm better.
I hope you get better! I know some people are against getting flu shots and what ever but okay, that's their plan but I really do not want to see anyone land in the hospital because they got pneumonia and other sicknesses following it, it's not fun I have had pneumonia as a child and its seriously hell.

Arigenn October 6, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

Yes, I completely agree with this thread!

Although needles are nasty and nerve-wracking, it is important to get them to ensure that you are decently healthy :P

PokerFace October 6, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

I completely agree as well! Although, if you aren't a fan of shots, at least get the nasal spray.

I used to get them at school, but I had an allergic reaction to the flu shot so I can't get them unless I'm at the doctor's office. I've lucked out of getting the shots d:^)

Midnightstorm October 6, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

I never get the shot because I'm afraid of needles because like, it's a pointy thing getting stuck into you and it freaks me tf out, but I usually get the spray !!

Spartemex October 6, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Sorry to hear about the someone you know's son.

Though I believe if you have a healthy immune system, and are just generally healthy overall. (That includes mental health and psychical health.) There isn't really a need for the flu shot.

Personally, I've never taken it because I'm hardly affected by the flu. But if you think you NEED to have the shot, go ahead.
Not true...

FrozenSolstice October 6, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Not true...
Reasoning?

Spartemex October 7, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

Reasoning?
I've been very healthy my whole life, yet I still get a flu shot. Each year, it takes a different form, and the flu shot is for the most common form. Anyone can get it. But hey, I'm not a doctor :P Ask yours next time you see them, but flu shots are still a good idea.

_Gill October 7, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

My reasoning: Humans survived for millions of years without antibiotics, antivirals, or flu shots. Honestly, I believe we can persist through most things nature throws at us without problem. Viruses and bacteria help us grow our immune system. So I won't get it unless its a shot for a life threatening disease.

Thank you for the request though

IviFetita October 7, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

My reasoning: Humans survived for millions of years without antibiotics, antivirals, or flu shots. Honestly, I believe we can persist through most things nature throws at us without problem. Viruses and bacteria help us grow our immune system. So I won't get it unless its a shot for a life threatening disease.

Thank you for the request though
We can, and we can go through horrible things, even if we don't care humans will survive. But what changes is the probability of getting influenza becoming smaller. We need a long and quality life, not just the survival of the Homo Sapiens itself. You could even die by getting influenza or any related disease.

FrozenSolstice October 7, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

I've been very healthy my whole life, yet I still get a flu shot. Each year, it takes a different form, and the flu shot is for the most common form. Anyone can get it. But hey, I'm not a doctor :P Ask yours next time you see them, but flu shots are still a good idea.
I think flu shots do more harm than good, to be honest.

The flu does always mutate, which is why flu shots don't always work.

Ah well, opinions.

SnowSX3 October 7, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

"The flu does always mutate"
Over time, yes. But the flu doesn't mutate at a rapid pace. It takes a long time for flus and viruses to become immune to the current vaccines that are 
available.

One of the reasons why flu shots don't always work is because the vaccine that they inject you with contains a very small amount of the flu itself. This is so that your immune system can recognise and combat it more efficently in the future.
The reason why flu shots don't always work is because if you're currently sick and have a flu shot (for example) it can make your sickness a bit worse.

Milki October 7, 2015 at 1:10 AM UTC

I'll be honest: when I read the title I thought this post had to do with either vision problems from staring at screens or RSI from playing too intensely.

Itsameekizzii October 7, 2015 at 1:10 AM UTC

I'll be honest: when I read the title I thought this post had to do with either vision problems from staring at screens or RSI from playing too intensely.
 LOL! It's probably because of how many times news talk about it.

DonaldMyTrump October 7, 2015 at 5:10 AM UTC

Flu shots aim to prevent the flu as a whole not just the most common type. While I believe they are useful as children due to childrens immature immune system it becomes much less useful past childhood and it can relativley easily backfire, accidental injections of still harmful viruses are more common than you think.

Eklip_Z October 7, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

I always hear about the flu but as far as I know little to no people in my school have gotten it. It may not be as big of a thing in New Zealand perhaps my city especially now that we have passed winter. I have never gotten a vaccination for the flu but I have gotten vaccinations for tetanus etc.

AtditC October 7, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

Someone explain me what that is? I don't want to read

Loo October 7, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

Fluenza is quite a threat amirite

FrozenSolstice October 7, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Someone explain me what that is? I don't want to read
Basically, Kizzy is prompting everyone to get the flu shot. Because, you know, the flu can be dangerous if left untreated.

AtditC October 7, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Basically, Kizzy is prompting everyone to get the flu shot. Because, you know, the flu can be dangerous if left untreated.
wtf is a flu shot

wtf is a flu shot
A sort of vaccination that prevents/protects against the year/season's current strain of the flu.

Petlas October 7, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

I never get the shot because I'm afraid of needles because like, it's a pointy thing getting stuck into you and it freaks me tf out, but I usually get the spray !!
I've had 14 needles within the last 10 months (I'll list out what each of them were for if you want uwu), and it's honestly not that bad. Obviously I still hate them, but..

Trust me kids, just get the shot.

I've had 14 needles within the last 10 months (I'll list out what each of them were for if you want uwu), and it's honestly not that bad. Obviously I still hate them, but..

I realise I'm sort of ranting on about this. But...

At my school, a child just today had the flu shot and suffered severe adverse reactions that sent him to hospital.

Remember, take the flu shot if you like, but just be aware of the pros and cons! Sorry if I scared anyone with this post, but it's good to be informed I guess.

xNemoII October 7, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

Flew shot/jab doesn't really hurt! It just feels like someone is giving you a light pinch for one second!

Petlas October 7, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

I realise I'm sort of ranting on about this. But...

At my school, a child just today had the flu shot and suffered severe adverse reactions that sent him to hospital.

Remember, take the flu shot if you like, but just be aware of the pros and cons! Sorry if I scared anyone with this post, but it's good to be informed I guess.
I understand that there can be the possibility of a backfired reaction to the shot, but it's generally a risk that we may have to take. He likely had a weak immune system, which caused him to suffer severe affects from the shot. 

On the other hand, I hope he recovers well. Must be pretty devastating for his family to have to go through such a shock.

Iron October 7, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

After about 300 needles I am proud to say I am not afraid of shots! Or blood tests....

Pavlo October 7, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

Never had a flu shot in my life, don't see why I'd need to.
I'm about as healthy as healthy can be :P

Itsameekizzii October 7, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

After about 300 needles I am proud to say I am not afraid of shots! Or blood tests....
needles dont scare me either sine age 7 i stopped being scared of them and when i got my blood drawn i looked at them do it and it was so cool!!!

Itsameekizzii October 7, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

I'm warning people about what's going around I mean, if you don't want to get it, it's fine but because you guys are here and I don't want to see anyone sick and land in the hospital I'm just giving a shout out.

FrozenThorn October 7, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

I don't get the Flu shot because I am not entitled to it but my sister is.

Itsameekizzii October 7, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

I don't get the Flu shot because I am not entitled to it but my sister is.
Oh, that's  okay!

Midnightstorm October 7, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope ive gotten blood work done and never again nope

Midnightstorm October 7, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

Flew shot/jab doesn't really hurt! It just feels like someone is giving you a light pinch for one second!
i work myself up and needles are pointy and scary so nty

vladthegreat100 October 7, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

Nope. No thanks. Took it until I was 12 and for the past 3 years I haven't taken it.
A flu shot is to assist your body to temporarily grow your immune system.
Best if you just grow it yourself and then it becomes permanent.
Don't think it's temporary? Than why take it each year?

All you do is inject one of the safer chemicals into your body which are still chemicals.
I get sick like once a year, nothing more unless I go into a foreign country where I don't usually go, then I get sick pretty easily since my body isn't used to that type of bacteria/germs

Iron October 7, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

You really should get flu shots guys.. I mean if you disagree arguing would make me look like an asshole, so Im just going to go ahead and say not taking flu shots makes your immune system a lot more open to viral attacks.

And yes..  I do have more experience regarding diseases than most of you...

(Just ask o.o)

GrapeSmoothie October 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

I've never taken a flu shot and never got it .-.

BoldAndBrash October 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

I'm not sure why people are scared of shots. I mean, I use to cry my eyes out when I was really young, till I learned to relax your arm, look away, and blow softly when the shot went in. It really doesn't hurt at all, it's a few minutes after the shot where you get a dull pain. :p

Eklip_Z October 7, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

I'm not sure why people are scared of shots. I mean, I use to cry my eyes out when I was really young, till I learned to relax your arm, look away, and blow softly when the shot went in. It really doesn't hurt at all, it's a few minutes after the shot where you get a dull pain. :p
It's because when people get their injections it usually causes pain. When people see needles again they remember pain, so it's like a mental warning to stay away from them otherwise you will get hurt.

Itsameekizzii October 7, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

Okay guys you dont need to get the shot but because I have a 2 yr old nephew whose parents wont get him vaccinated he seriously suffers from sickness so fast! Poor kid, horrible parents(cause of other reasons).

SnowSX3 October 7, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

My brother and I normally get a flu shot each year.
This year we both didn't get it.

I was fine but my brother got the flu, he was home sick for weeks, missing a lot of assignment deadlines and other projects while I just developed a cough for a few weeks.

There's nothing wrong wih having a flu shot because it's designed to help you. Yes it mutates and evoles to become resistant to he medicine but that process realistically takes years if not decades.

Yes, some people don't respond well to flu shots but that's generally because they might already be sick.

If you're currently sick and get a flu shot it'll make it worse because vaccines contain a small amount of the flu so your body can recognise and fight against it and a faster rate if you get it next time, that's how shots work.

If you don't get flu shots then you risk getting seriously sick for days if not weeks, regardless if you have a strong immune system or not.

Just my two cents.

AsianPear October 8, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

I haven't gotten a flu shot since I was in second grade XD I'm a HS sophomore now

Petlas October 8, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

The risk of catching the flu, either from everyday productivity or the shot itself, varies quite a bit throughout each individual. Some are more prone to catching it than others, leaving us torn between the choice of getting the shot or not despite the stories we've heard. The more efficient option is to get the injection. If things turn for the worst, just remember that it's not your fault, or rather that you were just on the bad luck side of things. It's either that or high risk of the flu. Your choice.