Avicus Archive

Little update for the community! by badgg January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Hey!

Small message
Lately it has come to my attention that we are being disrespected. Whether it is in game or on the forums, we won't be tolerating it. We are here for you guys, to make your experience a better and more enjoyable one. However we're sick of joining games where we get nothing but hate. And it is not just me, it is other staff as well, and what is even worse is that staff are getting harassed because of their gender. We could walk out, and step down at any time, but we don't because we enjoy what we do. It could be me, it could be the server, but one thing I know for sure is that it is because of what is happening in game.
Punishing doesn't always help, because they'll come back and do it again. People make differences between the Forum community and the Game community, but in the end we are one big server, with one big community. We as a staff team have things that we can improve on, but if we never get credit for what we do, what is the point? What is the point when we only get pointed out for things we're not so good at?

Issues regarding /report
As you may have noticed, a number of the in-game commands are broken. This has been going on for a while now and it’s causing a few issues with reports too. Multiple players have been timing out or crashing after using the /report command. There are also other commands that are causing issues such as /hub and /where.
IvyCode has been informed and is working on the problem. If you find any rule breakers, please file an online report with sufficient evidence. The staff team will do their best to deal with them as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Map development
The map development team has been working harder than ever before! Their work goes unnoticed, and we should all owe them respect for keeping the rotations updated and as fun as possible! Thanks :D

Junior Moderator Mentoring
For this round of staff applications, the senior staff team has made the decision to make all the moderators mentors. This essentially means that every single moderator will be offering their time to guide and assist the junior moderators. If you pass the interview and are given a Junior Mod trial, one of the current staff members will introduce you to the team and show you everything you need to know.
It is important to note that as a Junior Mod you’re not expected to know everything straight away, so it will be in your best interest to ask as many questions as you need. Feel free to approach any of the moderators, as we’re all here to help!

Staff training
I know many of you have been ranting on how you've been punished "unfairly". However, I plan to host a staff training program, which will essentially go for ~1 week. The senior staff will get together and one by one, we'll train the moderator in depth in what team griefing, spawnkilling and hacking truly is. 

Results from the meeting held couple days ago
As you may know, a survey created by Sulorak and myself was posted on the Forums not too long ago. We gathered the results into one spreadsheet, and I essentially spoke to the senior staff with the issues the community has with them. Same went for Moderators. Hopefully you will notice a difference...
If you still believe a staff member is slacking off or not doing their job correctly, please contact me.

This has been a little update notifying the community what has been done to improve the staff team as a whole. Keep updated with my twitter (@Fluenza_) for further sneak peeks on what I have planned!

Joltz_ January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Thanks Fluey!

MidnightBeats January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Thanks for the update, Fluey! :)

DJ_Barnsey January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Well said, Thanks Flu.

Da_Baus January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Thanks Flue someone needed to say that.

AutoHit January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Great to know about this update! Hopefully people will start appreciating the Staff teams hard work on the server.

Numberz_ January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Thanks for the update!

Porkyyy January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Thank you for the update. I also noticed that some players are being very disrespectful, and I think that it is really ungrateful.

lactify January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Thanks for the update!

JKawesome January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Thanks for the "little" update! It's time people start noticing the staff and map team's hard work and effort.

Emmaye January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Thank you.

Solux January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Thank-you, t'was needed.

Lavish January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Thumbs up

FrostedCupcakez January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Thank you :)

chaibrit1 January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Thanks for this update Flu! (: And thank you, to all the mods for mentoring the next batch of Jr. mods, the map devs and IvyCode for working hard and not getting all the credit I think they deserve, and the Sr. Staff for a whole bunch of things. x) *round of applause*

MLGtino January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Hopefully this bit gets sorted out :)
Im sure we all appreciate the news.

PieZ January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

I honestly hope this makes it so people can take others opinions

mustafa January 13, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Preach!

FrozenSolstice January 13, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

Thanks Fluey. This needed to be addressed.

JUBBINATOR January 13, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

"little update"
implying that there is a big update? c:

JKawesome January 13, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

"little update"
implying that there is a big update? c:
Hype?

BoldAndBrash January 13, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

Thanks for this. 

I am gonna go ahead and say what I said on the poll. We need to make bullying & disrespect more seriously. They need to be a lot more strict. First, verbally warn them not to bully. Then comes a kick. Again equals a 7 day temp an. Something like this. XD

JKawesome January 13, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

Thanks for this. 

I am gonna go ahead and say what I said on the poll. We need to make bullying & disrespect more seriously. They need to be a lot more strict. First, verbally warn them not to bully. Then comes a kick. Again equals a 7 day temp an. Something like this. XD
Basically the same thing as other chat punishments.

OPTOBAT January 13, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

Thanks for the update Staff,
my sincere respect - OPTOBAT

MissCarmel January 13, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

adopt a jr mod round 2 :^)

Tarheelkiwi January 13, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

Thank you Flu.  But I have one concern, we know this (the Forums Community) but what about the Game Community?  How are they to know about this?  Other then that, well said <3

MLGtino January 13, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

Thank you Flu.  But I have one concern, we know this (the Forums Community) but what about the Game Community?  How are they to know about this?  Other then that, well said <3
Word of mouth from my best guess.

RefuseToSink January 13, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

"And it is not just me, it is other staff as well, and what is even worse is that staff are getting harassed because of their gender." 
Thank you to whoever added that, it's been a serious issue lately.
And also, thanks Jozz for putting together this thread.

Bluecichlid January 13, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

Thanks for that, updates like this are always great.

Oh a side note....
Jozz plz fix:

Wat... I don't even.

MajestysDream January 13, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

Thank you for making this, Fluey.

Atheyna January 13, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

Thanks for this wonderful, and well needed update.

Dyspa January 13, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

Who is going to make the staff training? Because you make mistakes too. 
Example: HunterGamer_99's ban.

kycrafft January 13, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

I do say his ban was kind of disappointing.

RightSide January 13, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

Please contact Avicus about a ban appeal !

Questions about staff applications.

1. What's the deadline to sending the applications in and what's the deadline for having a reply/secondreply on your application.

2.And say if you did become Mod would the like "training up"
take place on TeamSpeak.

Thanks.

Dyspa January 13, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

Please contact Avicus about a ban appeal !
He is already unbanned but the fact that he got banned for "hacks" pisses me off.

He is already unbanned but the fact that he got banned for "hacks" pisses me off.
Oh right ok sorry :)

SnowSX3 January 13, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

Nice thread.
Well said Fluey.

Doppelganger_ January 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM UTC

Everyone makes mistakes. Even mods.

S3M3L January 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM UTC

No offence, but ... I do think you will need to change the guidelines regarding your staff and the punishments you are giving out. You can't expect people to stay when they are constantly being harassed, if you want to maintain a good atmosphere you clearly need to do something about it quite soon. It shouldn't take five pages of infractions until a player gets banned, do you realize how stupid that sounds? You as staff are able to prevent people from attacking and harassing each other, instead of what you are doing right now and giving out a second chance after another, until they are at five+ pages of infractions.

SnowSX3 January 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM UTC

No offence, but ... I do think you will need to change the guidelines regarding your staff and the punishments you are giving out. You can't expect people to stay when they are constantly being harassed, if you want to maintain a good atmosphere you clearly need to do something about it quite soon. It shouldn't take five pages of infractions until a player gets banned, do you realize how stupid that sounds? You as staff are able to prevent people from attacking and harassing each other, instead of what you are doing right now and giving out a second chance after another, until they are at five+ pages of infractions.
It's actually three pages but I completely agree with you.
Every point you make is correct.

_Stormz January 13, 2015 at 12:01 PM UTC

Thank you for the update, Fluey!

Pelpelajax January 13, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

Thanks Jozz, this was needed.

EinfachNalor January 13, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

thanks a lot. I really wonder why some people should harass then staff? They work their ass of to keep the community happy and then that? O.O

PictureFrames January 13, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

I'll be bringing this up very soon, considering it has caught my attention multiple times in the past as well. Things will be done about this, as you make many clear, valid points. 

However back on the original topic, thank you for bringing this up, Jozz. It's nice to see one of these topics, all of these words definitely needed to be said at some point.

S3M3L January 13, 2015 at 3:01 PM UTC

I'll be bringing this up very soon, considering it has caught my attention multiple times in the past as well. Things will be done about this, as you make many clear, valid points. 

However back on the original topic, thank you for bringing this up, Jozz. It's nice to see one of these topics, all of these words definitely needed to be said at some point.
If it's true, I'm happy that you will bring it up for once, as this has been told so many times but nothing is done about it. (I've been talking with Jozz about it many times too).

As I said in my post, you as staff are able to prevent the harassment and maintain a good atmosphere if you really want to, but it seems like this isn't anything that really matters. I played on Avicus a while, like two - three months? and I would say I did NOT get a good first impression of this server at all. I was constantly attacked by players, even your well-known players, but nothing was done about it, even though I reported it. "You only care about your KD, KD means nothing", "You are worthless", "M*therfucker", "Bowspamming f*cker", bla bla bla.

You can keep coding and developing maps and gamemodes but who will be playing these when you're not even able to keep your players? I'm happy I got to know some people who I still talk to on a regular basis but what about the great majority who actually attacked me in-game? At the end of the day, it's the bad people who give your server the bad reputation, not the good people who actually care for you.

StewieFG January 13, 2015 at 3:01 PM UTC

Thanks Fluey :D

Notalgicular January 13, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

ty for update

lithp January 13, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

Dnt wrry babes, i luv all moduraturs and them. Also who is Aversively? Alt? or New guy since I've been gone?

Iron January 13, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

Dnt wrry babes, i luv all moduraturs and them. Also who is Aversively? Alt? or New guy since I've been gone?
Aversively is Jake's new account.

tel6331 January 13, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

OOOHH BOI!!!! Does that mean I will have to use aimbot on avikush? :O jks I wouldn't do that <3 #avistaff2k15

Joao_Victor January 13, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Thanks for the message Jozz, it was needed.

His small message is completely true, staff put a ton of hard work and time into the server, show them some appreciation.

Mr_BossMan_1 January 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

i totally agree i have seen it too!

Dyspa January 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

Everyone makes mistakes. Even mods.
That's what I'm saying.
If everyone makes mistakes, then who is going to train the Moderators?

SnowSX3 January 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

That's what I'm saying.
The Sr.Staff.

No-one is perfect.

hpux January 13, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

That's what I'm saying.
Well, yes, you're completely right. However, typically, emphasis on typically, the Sr. Staff are more experienced and knowledgable than the Moderator/Junior Moderator team, so they tend to make less mistakes.

Stimulating January 13, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

Well, yes, you're completely right. However, typically, emphasis on typically, the Sr. Staff are more experienced and knowledgable than the Moderator/Junior Moderator team, so they tend to make less mistakes.
This may seem like a weird suggestion, but maybe some of the staff could spectate top PvPers fight and record them and get staff to watch them. I find a lot of false bans are PvP related. I find people being banned for aimbot when aimbot is where you aim at the head.

For example: http://youtu.be/SLTVk3W7RIk StanMPL's Kit PvP montage. 

His aim is so good it looks like aimbot, but here's how I can tell he's not using it: 

1. He's aiming on the chin/right below it, Aimbot is looking straight on the center of their head for as long as it's active when they're within max hit range.

2. His aim doesn't stay locked in the center always, it will veer off sometimes.

3. When people circle him he turns the opposite way so he can intercept them.

My point is to get staff to watch stuff like this and show them why it's legit and the details of the hacks, etc. 

It looks ridiculously sketchy, but the small points come together to show that he's legit.

badgg January 14, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

You know what I hate? When people think they were there at the time. The ban is only between myself, and HunterGamer_99. In my defence, the hacks were quite blatant.

badgg January 14, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

From my knowledge, I mentioned three pages in the recent meeting. Things do change behind the scenes. Maybe you should catch up on what's been happening, and yes it has been stated numerous times on multiple different threads! :)

JKawesome January 14, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

This may seem like a weird suggestion, but maybe some of the staff could spectate top PvPers fight and record them and get staff to watch them. I find a lot of false bans are PvP related. I find people being banned for aimbot when aimbot is where you aim at the head.

His aim is so good it looks like aimbot, but here's how I can tell he's not using it: 

1. He's aiming on the chin/right below it, Aimbot is looking straight on the center of their head for as long as it's active when they're within max hit range.

2. His aim doesn't stay locked in the center always, it will veer off sometimes.

My point is to get staff to watch stuff like this and show them why it's legit and the details of the hacks, etc. 

It looks ridiculously sketchy, but the small points come together to show that he's legit.
Well, when a moderator is spectating someone, it's not like they can tell if the player is aiming at the center of the opponent's head.

Dyspa January 14, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

Ghost clients work.
Oh and by the way, he was banned for AutoClicker with 5K VL so he was blatantly autoclicking (This happened in BL).

Dyspa January 14, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

You know what I hate? When people think they were there at the time. The ban is only between myself, and HunterGamer_99. In my defence, the hacks were quite blatant.
You should discuss about the player with another mod, hopefully a Sr or +before banning him so you can have some feedback about him hacking or not, then you decide if he deserves a ban or not.
Hacks don't work if you're using PvP mods like he was.. and how do I know? Simple, I saw the appeal he made in the forums before it was locked and archived.

FlufflesSub January 14, 2015 at 7:01 AM UTC

Thanks for the awesome update! Was needed.

RCMP_Mountie January 14, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

I appreciate the update, this was needed :)

badgg January 14, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

You should discuss about the player with another mod, hopefully a Sr or +before banning him so you can have some feedback about him hacking or not, then you decide if he deserves a ban or not.
Hacks don't work if you're using PvP mods like he was.. and how do I know? Simple, I saw the appeal he made in the forums before it was locked and archived.
No need to discuss it with other staff when it's quite blatant. Just because someone appeals on the forums, doesn't mean they're legit. 
You have no evidence to support your claim, and those screenshots in the OP showed nothing but his GUI interface. 

Case closed, back on topic.

SnowSX3 January 14, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

The staff deserve so much more respect than they're getting.
And yes, the amount of harassment the staff are facing these days is pathetic.

On a lighter note,
/report works now which is good.
I reported myself three times just to make sure that it was working xD

BoldAndBrash January 14, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

The staff deserve so much more respect than they're getting.
And yes, the amount of harassment the staff are facing these days is pathetic.

On a lighter note,
/report works now which is good.
I reported myself three times just to make sure that it was working xD
Aren't selfie reports not allowed? XD

JorgeMC January 14, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

Thanks so much for all you have Done for this wonderful community,avicus .