Avicus Archive

Cyberbullying. by ballzi January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

A percentage of people are doing on Avicus. I was with a player on avicus who has been getting shit talk behind his back. I don't fucken care how it happened. Stop before you kill some one. I will be happy watching you rot in jail.  The player nearly commited suicide. I hope moderators take it into their hands to control this.

SnowSX3 January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

Bullying is not tolerated on Avicus.
Report the players next time. 
If no-one reports players who are harassing others, nothing can be done.

finleyhau1 January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

If its that Out of Control we need to stop it ill talk to some close staff friends about this hope they can do something but bullying may be one thing we HAVE to live with - Jess

ballzi January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

Bullying is not tolerated on Avicus.
Report the players next time. 
If no-one reports players who are harassing others, nothing can be done.
Snow. More hate would be generated. These so called trolls will not stop. Report it?? Whats that going to do?

Doppelganger_ January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

Is another one of these posts necessary. Consider the people who are on the forums and compare them to the in-game population. Pretty much all of the people that do this aren't on the forums. Also is the language necessary. You can convey the same message without the language. /report is your best bet and online reporting is your best. I'm also afraid to say that this is the internet and you have to be able to ignore such messages or not take it personally. But this behaviour is still un-tolerable and should be reported.

_Avy January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

Were the harsh words really needed? 
As for bullying we punish and do the best we can to stop it. Moderators aren't available to be on all the time the best thing you can do use /Report or file one online.

Were the harsh words really needed? 
As for bullying we punish and do the best we can to stop it. Moderators aren't available to be on all the time the best thing you can do use /Report or file one online.
Yes they were. I am furious. As for reporting. Its going to generate more hate.

Pelpelajax January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

If you don't want to do anything about, don't complain. If you want it dealt with, report it.

As for reporting. Its going to generate more hate.
Explain.

Explain.
A group of people say 3-4 is like a drop of water. One them gets banned they shit talk more. sparking others too. More and more. The target is overwhelmed and alone. Sometimes people lie.

A group of people say 3-4 is like a drop of water. One them gets banned they shit talk more. sparking others too. More and more. The target is overwhelmed and alone. Sometimes people lie.
Then report them all? I don't get it.

Emmaye January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

That's why staff will give out bigger punishes, like from kicks to tempbans if it continues.

It wont generate more hate, the only people aware of it will be the staff team. If they are banned they can't return.

It wont generate more hate, the only people aware of it will be the staff team. If they are banned they can't return.
You are aware of skype and sometimes people aren't caught? Sometimes I can't be there to report them all. I recommend starting with teamspeak.

Zedther January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

When you report you're incognito..
I honestly don't see the problem in reporting friends

Stimulating January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

Explain.
Basically people are going to stir up shite with them b/c they reported them, because it was weak or they were (to use lighter language) being a "wimp" or whatever. People will only laugh, "can you believe they reported me?!?? Lmao, they need to chill". That generates hate from the people who see this so-called " sign of weakness" and they will take advantage of that and they will show no mercy. The thing that really gets me is I know some staff trash talk on TS, but I'd only get hated on for reporting them. And I know that there's been s**t talked behind my back, I care less than the average person I'd say, but most people are really affected by this. How would you feel if I was to spread an awful rumour about any of you reading this? You'd probably feel pretty bad, so please consider others first. 

Add-on: and I have no clue how anyone could go on living their life after causing someone to almost kill themselves/legitimately consider it. Imagine the weight on your shoulders knowing you made someone so lost, sad and depressed that they felt the only way to escape was through killing themselves.

When you report you're incognito..
I honestly don't see the problem in reporting friends
I honestly don't see the point of even trying when you haven't been in a situation where you are too scared to report.

Basically people are going to stir up shite with them b/c they reported them, because it was weak or they were (to use lighter language) being a "wimp" or whatever. People will only laugh, "can you believe they reported me?!?? Lmao, they need to chill". That generates hate from the people who see this so-called " sign of weakness" and they will take advantage of that and they will show no mercy. The thing that really gets me is I know some staff trash talk on TS, but I'd only get hated on for reporting them. And I know that there's been s**t talked behind my back, I care less than the average person I'd say, but most people are really affected by this. How would you feel if I was to spread an awful rumour about any of you reading this? You'd probably feel pretty bad, so please consider others first. 

Add-on: and I have no clue how anyone could go on living their life after causing someone to almost kill themselves/legitimately consider it. Imagine the weight on your shoulders knowing you made someone so lost, sad and depressed that they felt the only way to escape was through killing themselves.
Shadow. Thank you.

You are aware of skype and sometimes people aren't caught? Sometimes I can't be there to report them all. I recommend starting with teamspeak.
^ TS can be really cool, or a disgusting mess of dissing and trashtalking.

I want to watch this being locked.

Shadow. Thank you.
Np man, I've gone through the same situation and have seen this kind of thing happen too many times.

SnowSX3 January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

I want to watch this being locked.
You can archive your own thread

In Skype there's a block function or on any social media for that matter. In TS there is also a mute button.

In Skype there's a block function or on any social media for that matter. In TS there is also a mute button.
In your own mind please read shadow's post

Anyone can report not just you. If they were smart they wouldn't give out their info, or Skype. There also is an option of blocking contacts. As for Team Speak the player can report, use the mute button or leave if it gets too harsh.

And Shadow you wouldn't get hate if you are doing the right thing, in the future contact Sr Mods+ Or the support emails if you have any problems

Anyone can report not just you. If they were smart they wouldn't give out their info, or Skype. There also is an option of blocking contacts. As for Team Speak the player can report, use the mute button or leave if it gets too harsh.

And Shadow you wouldn't get hate if you are doing the right thing, in the future contact Sr Mods+ Or the support emails if you have any problems
Even if you block them, this still doesn't make it go away, it doesn't make it stop, it's just hiding from the issue and not confronting it. Only making it worse. People will find out, and I will get hate, don't pretend like it won't happen, because it will, and a lot of the time this goes around and isn't dealt with anyways.

Even if you block them, this still doesn't make it go away, it doesn't make it stop, it's just hiding from the issue and not confronting it. Only making it worse. People will find out, and I will get hate, don't pretend like it won't happen, because it will, and a lot of the time this goes around and isn't dealt with anyways.
Hey! You decide what to do, at the moment this thread isn't achieving anything. If you don't want to try and stop it go ahead. If its getting that bad contact the police. 

Mate, I cant do much but come to me if there are any issues alright? My Skype is on my profile page. I will do the best to stop it from leaking and stopping it.

Zedther January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

Whether you report the player or not, they probably already know because of this thread.
Which would you rather.
Having someone bug you because you reported them
Or
This cyberbullying persisting and the player in question committing something as drastic as suicide
You can do the right thing.

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA January 1, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

I understand that cyber-bullying is an issue, but this thread went out of hand way too fast and this is completely unnecessary.  If you want to deal with someone who is being so rude, we created a way to report for a reason.  Please refrain from making threads such as this.

Locking...