Avicus Archive

Goodbye / Thank You / I need your help by Rainstruck May 28, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

Hello Everyone. In case you don't know me my name is Riley and I have played on the Avicus network for almost two years now. I have enjoyed seeing the players come and go and making many friends along the way. However, I only joined the forums last December and soon after that I became a mod in January's Staff Batch which many have come to know as the "rookie batch." I was absolutely loving my time as a mod and everyone said I was really nice and all that, and then I got demoted. However I don't want to talk about that, cause there isn't really a point to anyways. Now let's talk about the main point of this article.

I'm leaving Avicus and Minecraft in general. Recently I was helping a friend with a project that was focused on virtual awareness. Now virtual awareness is defined as, raising awareness against people who are constantly on technology. This caused me to sit back and look at my life and see everything I was missing out on. I lost friends, trust from family, and lots of other things. I think that my friend, even though he didn't mean to, made the video for me. Within the last two weeks I have accomplished so many things in real life and I want to make sure I focus on things, that in the long term, will allow me to change who and I am and determine what I will become. Now this goodbye will be quite long so I split it up into sections. Here is an index of what is what.

Section 1: Why I'm leaving

Section 2: Thank yous to certain individuals

Section 3: Thank you's to certain groups

Section 4: Final Words and your videos/help

Recently I meet a girl who I thought was everything to me. We went on a couple of dates and now we are BF and GF. We went to prom together and we do everything together. We do so much stuff together that our parents also meet each other and now do things together every weekend.

I also started a project about a month ago. This project was showcased a nearby convention where a lot of employers came to look at projects that they wanted their companies to pursue. And one of the big companies that was there was Twitter. Yes, the twitter. The man who talked to me seemed very interested in it, and now I am working as an intern for Twitter. I'm 18, and I'm working for one of the biggest companies in the world. Its a dream come true.

Some of you may know that I am big into things like algorithms and that is also another thing that I am working on. I came across a site called squidboards that is based around an upcoming game called Splatoon. I am working with a good friend on an algorithm that allows evenly distributed ranks among teams to make sure that they are given the rank they deserve. I have also sought out a job in marketing for a home design service and I love the job so far.

Now another thing that I want to work on is college. I am attending college to earn a degree in computer engineering and computer science.

I guess this is the part that everyone wants to know about. I just wanted to say thank you to many of you for being some of my closest friends when I didn't have any. I know many of you might've not even thought of it, but you guys were my second family. And there are those people that I really need to say thank you to. I have a huge list that I want to thank, however I’ll be doing my four biggest thanks yous here. So lets get started.

-Michael/Straightened/Sulorak: Alright so this is kind of a big one to me. He basically changed my life in person and managed to make me look at things with a whole different viewpoint. He was also the one who added a new song to my playlist after he sung my favorite song in the teamspeak. It is by far one of if not the best parody of Uptown Funk that I have ever heard of. I just wanted to say thanks, great friend.

-MidnightBeats/Midnite: I can honestly say that if you want to talk about deep concepts that mess with the mind, space, and time all at the same time, this is the guy to go to. When I was a staff member I can remember all of the conversations that we had about Interstellar and Inception. We constantly showed and taught each other new things that allowed both of us to look at the movies from completely different viewpoints. He was also one of the persons who helped me get through the tough time of my father losing his job. I can’t thank you enough for the constant support of being there and also being able to talk about things only nerd would talk about. <3

-MajestysDream/CrafterPete1013: When a certain person was demoted from the staff team who also happened to be my best friend, I needed someone else to talk to. I had no-one to constantly just talk about my personal feelings and also the problems that are going on IRL. You helped me get through so many rough things including: My Fathers Job, a current friend situation, girl problems, and also many more things. I don’t know what I would do without you man! <3

- Cal/Lavish/Calwhovian: People say that you aren't supposed to trust strangers. Well if we didn't, how would we get anything done. If you look at it, the world is based around doing new things and meeting new people. Heck, if you don't talk to strangers, you will never get a job. Cal, when I first joined teamspeak as a randy, You were the first person person that I talked to. I didn't know anybody, never knew who I would meet, but in the sight of me being alone, you stepped up and actually talked to me. I remember the first conversation that we had together and what we talked about even to this day. We applied for staff together, we served as mods together, we got demoted (not at the same time but still together), we made a build team together, we had conversations on end with each other. I don't have a brother, and the closest thing I had since I meet you was a dog named Toby. I mean my dog is great company, but you helped me define who I want to become. I dont want to trade the last five months of minecraft for any other gaming experience, in the world, all because of one person, you. Ever since Day 1 we have been friends. We have always been together and I don't ever want to lose contact with you, and I want you to be the brother that I wish I could always have. You are, my Ravish Brother. I love you bro! <3

I would love to thank every single one of you for everything that you have given me, but I cannot do it due to the limited space in the Avicus Text Box. So thank you everyone for taking me in as a family member in your community.

Alright now we get to another big section, the groups I have been a part of. These three groups have been so much fun to be a part of and I hope that we will be able to stay in touch after I leave.

My Mod Batch: Oh Boi... Ladies and gentlemen I present to you, the most controversial Batch of Jr. Mods that ever came out of Avicus. No in all seriousness, this batch was so much fun to be around. Almost all of us worked so well together and we could do many great tasks when we put our minds to it. Sure we had our faults and maybe we made mistakes, but you guys were sure to make it seem like we were having fun.

The Avicus Revolution Group: I'm guessing about only 15 People actually know about this group. However, it was super fun to do this. So back in the days of the last Staff Reassessment day, there formed a group. A group that decided to change the staff team for the better. We had roles, jobs, and other responsibilities to fulfill. We even had a document for the whole process and it turned out to seem pretty successful at the time. We gathered tons of information against some of the staff members and we put it all together. I was literally about to go to kylos door and have a chat with him about this. (He lives one hour away.) Here is a link to our main document if you would like to view it. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/12MasevVPcri0AtktnruN3-KbYsEsdWh9eHHKrd-02f0/edit?usp=docslist_ap...) There were some things removed from the document due to confidentiality reasons, but most of it is still there. I was considered the mockingjay of the group, since I was the one no one though would be demoted. However I am not here to talk about that. I'm just here to remember all of the fun we had planning this attack and to some extent, even though we died off, it worked. It worked super successfully as well. The people in these groups I would trust them with my life and I will make sure to always remember this.

Ravish Build Team: I will talk about this a lot more before I leave in chat, but thank you so much guys for always being there and being super fun to build with. You guys were great and I don't know what I would do without you guys!

Well guys I guess this is it. I don't know what I can say. I remember get my first laptop that could run Minecraft at 60fps and could also run teamspeak at the same time. This community is among the finest in Minecraft and gaming in general. In case some of you don't know today is my birthday and I want to leave with a bang. I don't want to just leave with this. I will be building one more map with my bud cal. You can expect the map in the coming weeks, but if there is one thing that I want to leave here with, it is with your love and compassion. Hopefully this map will show my love for you guys and will ultimately be able to show how much I will miss you all.

I am also going to do one more thing. I want to make an Avicus Promo. I already have the idea, I just need the clips. Upload them to YouTube and send me the link via email @ [email protected]. THEY HAVE TO HAVE SHADERS OR A GOOD LOOKING TEXTURE PACK. I'm looking for gameplay and just some cool flyby shots. I will try to incorporate as many of them as I can, but I need tons of clips.

Thank you for everything guys. I will miss you with all of my heart.

RileGuy

Riley

Vobaseball12 May 28, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

No Riley :(

You were literally like the first person I talked to (kinda) when I joined Avicus. Good luck with the GF ;)

ClubberNugget May 28, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

Bai dude, you seemed like a nice guy, didn't know you very well, but good luck in life!!

Rainstruck May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

No Riley :(

You were literally like the first person I talked to (kinda) when I joined Avicus. Good luck with the GF ;)
Thanks man! I will miss a lot of people here but I have decided to move on for better reasons. I will still be here in spirit, but I will be doing a lot of background work. It was really nice to get to know you.

Porkyyy May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

I hate to see you go Rile, but I understand that it's for the better. You were a great friend, I hope to still see you on the forums!

MidnightBeats May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

Though I'm sad about you leaving, I'm also absolutely happy for you, with all the success you've gained. To be given the chance to work at Twitter and get the girl that you love should be the greatest thing for you. I couldn't be happier for a friend like you.

This isn't a goodbye, but a see you later, cause I know I'm always going to be able to talk to you again sometime later in life.

So see you later buddy

Dyspa May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

Thanks man! I will miss a lot of people here but I have decided to move on for better reasons. I will still be here in spirit, but I will be doing a lot of background work. It was really nice to get to know you.
You were always so positive.. I'll miss that from you.
Good luck in life man, take care :')

JUBBINATOR May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

Yo, that revolution shit sounds like it's straight outta watergate
you even got missing information

PokerFace May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

Our paths will cross some day again. Until then, farewell.

BoldAndBrash May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

One of the nicest people on Avicus. Thanks for everything, Riley. <3

MajestysDream May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

Goodbye Riley. I'm very happy I got to know you and work alongside you on the staff team. You are a really nice and awesome friend! If you ever need anything, please message me on Skype. Good luck with everything man! :)

Though I'm sad about you leaving, I'm also absolutely happy for you, with all the success you've gained. To be given the chance to work at Twitter and get the girl that you love should be the greatest thing for you. I couldn't be happier for a friend like you.

This isn't a goodbye, but a see you later, cause I know I'm always going to be able to talk to you again sometime later in life.

So see you later buddy
<3 this is just like interstellar. I'll be gone for a short time but it will seem like an eternity.

Love ya man! <3

alexanderjoe May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

I never really got to know you that much Riley, but I knew you were a good person. <3

I hate to see you go Rile, but I understand that it's for the better. You were a great friend, I hope to still see you on the forums!
Kind of sad we never got to make a video together, but I will miss you man!

Cya later!

You were always so positive.. I'll miss that from you.
Good luck in life man, take care :')
Thanks man! I'll always remember the 500ms conversation we had! xD

Goodbye Riley. I'm very happy I got to know you and work alongside you on the staff team. You are a really nice and awesome friend! If you ever need anything, please message me on Skype. Good luck with everything man! :)
I said most of the stuff I needed to say in the OP but you will always be considered my best friend. I will always remember you!

<3

I never really got to know you that much Riley, but I knew you were a good person. <3
Thanks a ton for hosting the build server. Even though none of my maps were ever added to the rots, I will always remember the time on the build server. Thank you so much Alex.

UmbreonMessiah May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

Can't say you knew me, but I'd say I knew you a good bit based on posts. You seem like an awesome guy, and I wish you the best of luck in your journeys!

Tarheelkiwi May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

Wow.  Wonderful leaving post.  Really unique.  Anyways... sad to hear you go.  It was fun playing with you.  Good luck in the future!

RefuseToSink May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

Bye Riley! It was great getting to meet you and watch you grow from a Jr Mod to a Mod :') Good luck to you in all your future endeavors!^-^

One of the nicest people on Avicus. Thanks for everything, Riley. <3
I'm glad that I could be a good friend to you.

Hopefully we will all be able to meet again sometime.

Rainstruck May 28, 2015 at 2:05 AM UTC

Wow.  Wonderful leaving post.  Really unique.  Anyways... sad to hear you go.  It was fun playing with you.  Good luck in the future!
Thanks for the wonderful comment TarHeel. It was always a pleasure to play CTH with you!

alexanderjoe May 28, 2015 at 2:05 AM UTC

Thanks a ton for hosting the build server. Even though none of my maps were ever added to the rots, I will always remember the time on the build server. Thank you so much Alex.
<3

Ogrey May 28, 2015 at 2:05 AM UTC

Riley, it was great knowing you! I wish you the best of luck in life and this just proves you can make your dreams true, continue thriving in life! Will miss ya :')

_Stormz May 28, 2015 at 2:05 AM UTC

As much as you don't want to see me, I'll still be with you in Splatoon. >:D Good luck, man!

Aerosmith May 28, 2015 at 2:05 AM UTC

You're a great guy and will be missed. Our time talking together was short, but it was still great.

Good luck in your future endeavors!

Sevoo May 28, 2015 at 2:05 AM UTC

Gimme your rank so I can upgrade to Emerald.

Or I could just say goodbye, gl in the real life and I'm happy to hear you were lucky enough to get a job and a GF. Bestest hopes in you succeeding :3

Riley, it was great knowing you! I wish you the best of luck in life and this just proves you can make your dreams true, continue thriving in life! Will miss ya :')
Thanks man! Will always miss the conversations we had.

You're a great guy and will be missed. Our time talking together was short, but it was still great.

Good luck in your future endeavors!
It was always fantastic to me new people are you are one of the greatest. Thanks a lot!!

Zintenka May 28, 2015 at 3:05 AM UTC

:( Dont go.

Lavish May 28, 2015 at 3:05 AM UTC

Fuckin love you bro.

VenomousViper May 28, 2015 at 3:05 AM UTC

Great knowing you Riley. I will miss our random conversations in ts.

kycrafft May 28, 2015 at 3:05 AM UTC

I'm sorry that I didn't get to now you for that long of a time. I know that you are a really great guy, though and I'll miss you.

Fuseh May 28, 2015 at 4:05 AM UTC

I will miss you man! :(

JJTheGuy May 28, 2015 at 4:05 AM UTC

Ah, the January batch. Didn't make it to Jr. Mods, but I remember the skype chat. Now THAT group of sexy people knew how to party. xD Good times, good times. Sad to see you leave, but OI! Twitter n Grilfriends?!?!?! ATTA BOY!!!!

RightSide May 28, 2015 at 5:05 AM UTC

Aw bye and thanks for you help on skype and helping me!

Mehrp May 28, 2015 at 5:05 AM UTC

Good. Bye.

piratewithgun May 28, 2015 at 9:05 AM UTC

byeeeee

Atdit May 28, 2015 at 9:05 AM UTC

Good choice

ImRaging May 28, 2015 at 10:05 AM UTC

Bye Mr.Riley. This was a really nice leaving post and I wish you good luck for the future.

Rainstruck May 28, 2015 at 10:05 AM UTC

:( Dont go.
Don't worry. I will always remember your terraforming lessons! :]

Rainstruck May 28, 2015 at 10:05 AM UTC

Great knowing you Riley. I will miss our random conversations in ts.
Lol yeah. This isnt really a full goodbye, more like just cya later alligator.

Trexychan May 28, 2015 at 1:05 PM UTC

*salutes* o>

faht May 28, 2015 at 1:05 PM UTC

Sad to see you go :c
Good luck in life. <3

shahmi May 28, 2015 at 1:05 PM UTC

No... Rile I will miss you the first time I ever actually talked to you was when you were streaming. I will always remember that day as the first day I met you. Hope you come back bai....

Rainstruck May 28, 2015 at 3:05 PM UTC

*salutes* o>
*salutes back* o7

Lakitue May 28, 2015 at 3:05 PM UTC

check skype

Galrandir May 28, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

Nuuuuu Riley!!! Hv fun IRL, and good luck ;D

Javipepe May 28, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

I have not really got the pleasure to meet you, but you really seem like a fun and chill guy. You are also very lucky for the environment you're in.

Enjoy your life, and have fun Riley.

(also the images and the post formatting look awesome!)

Okiba May 28, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

Dang, so many people leaving. I wish you the best in all your future endeavours! Cya man.

Btw what will happen to the Ravish bros build team?

Spartemex May 28, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Goodbye! Sad to see you go :'( And thanks for showing me how to make that amazing TNT cannon! Its till my fav ;)

Oraporo May 28, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Never talked to you once I'm game.. Wish I did at least once. Seem like a great guy and have a lot going for yourself. Good luck on your job(s) and your girl. Remember to get your tongue in the action when making out. XD

TheMasterClock May 28, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Goodbye Riley,  I am glad that we became friends because you are one of the most nicest people I ever known. You always make me have a smile on my face. See you later buddy. <3

steven5703 May 29, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

I never really got the chance to meet you personally, but you seem pretty cool and nice c:

Good luck :)

Rainstruck May 29, 2015 at 4:05 AM UTC

Goodbye! Sad to see you go :'( And thanks for showing me how to make that amazing TNT cannon! Its till my fav ;)
Your very welcome! Glad I could help!

Zedther May 29, 2015 at 4:05 AM UTC

Sure miss the good times of the revolution :o

FrozenSolstice May 29, 2015 at 6:05 AM UTC

See you Rile :c

Thanks for every bit of fun we had together! Even the Avicus Revolution group brought us to know eachother better. Have an awesome life mate :)

MangoSmoothie_ May 29, 2015 at 6:05 AM UTC

I never got to know you well, but you were an amazing staff member and map builder :) Good luck with future endeavours :)

Rainstruck May 29, 2015 at 10:05 AM UTC

Goodbye Riley,  I am glad that we became friends because you are one of the most nicest people I ever known. You always make me have a smile on my face. See you later buddy. <3
Thanks man! Oh, BTW I deleted the URL for the picture I took of you.