Avicus Archive

Getting Points by iiDarudePvP November 12, 2014 at 11:11 PM UTC

Hello! I am here with my first post.  A couple days ago, I wa splaying a Tetris map and I hade the op flame bow. I shot people, and the ran around and died of fire, and I didn't get points. Post a comment telling if you think that You should get points if u shot someone and died of fire or not. bye! 
From,
DarkNigh1002

MLGtino November 13, 2014 at 12:11 AM UTC

Tetris?

PokerFace November 13, 2014 at 12:11 AM UTC

Tetris?

xD was that you playing?
If it was you need some work to do...

SnowSX3 November 13, 2014 at 12:11 AM UTC

Welcome to the forums!
Make sure you know the forum rules. You can find them here!

If someone dies because of fire you don't get the point beacuse you weren't the person to get the killing shot on them.
Personally I think you should get a point for it but it might be a bit hard to put in the game because I think it's a vanilla thing too.

Mooch24 November 13, 2014 at 2:11 AM UTC

Tetris?

the placement of the light green piece third from the bottom is just awful.

when you make bad choices in tetris, that will lead you to gateway drugs which then means you are getting hooked on heroin sub 3 weeks

JKawesome November 13, 2014 at 2:11 AM UTC

Welcome to the forums!
Make sure you know the forum rules. You can find them here!

If someone dies because of fire you don't get the point beacuse you weren't the person to get the killing shot on them.
Personally I think you should get a point for it but it might be a bit hard to put in the game because I think it's a vanilla thing too.
What about death messages that say "JKawesome was burnt to a crisp whilst fighting FrostedNubcakez"? They could just do the same thing, since it works in nebula. However, sometimes it says "JKawesome went up in flames"

Phobiaxx November 13, 2014 at 2:11 AM UTC

You do get a point from it, it should say:
Player burned to death whilst fighting Player,
unless he didn't die from the flames, but something else. ^-^

build_high November 13, 2014 at 10:11 AM UTC

When the person you have attacked have been taking fire damage for "x" amount of seconds the cause of death will simply be fire as it did a reasonable amount to finish it off. It is a vanilla thing and probably wont be changed as its bot that big a deal - try go for another sgot next time. Oh and, welcome to tha forums ~ where avicus is avicus .-.

iiDarudePvP November 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM UTC

You do get a point from it, it should say:
Player burned to death whilst fighting Player,
unless he didn't die from the flames, but something else. ^-^
Is shot them, and then a few second alter they died of fire and I got nu points

iiDarudePvP November 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM UTC

Tetris?

The Tetris swamp in walls

SnowSX3 November 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM UTC

What about death messages that say "JKawesome was burnt to a crisp whilst fighting FrostedNubcakez"? They could just do the same thing, since it works in nebula. However, sometimes it says "JKawesome went up in flames"
Yea.. I think it's all determind on how long you were hit before you went up in flames if you know what I mean.
If you're fighting someone and you knock them into lava while still hittin them and they burn up. Then you'll get the kill.

But if you hit someone into lava and the lava does all the work then you don't get the kill. 

Considering that's it's also in the vanilla game I'm not sure how easy it'll be to code it so that you get the kill each time.

JKawesome November 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM UTC

Yea.. I think it's all determind on how long you were hit before you went up in flames if you know what I mean.
If you're fighting someone and you knock them into lava while still hittin them and they burn up. Then you'll get the kill.

But if you hit someone into lava and the lava does all the work then you don't get the kill. 

Considering that's it's also in the vanilla game I'm not sure how easy it'll be to code it so that you get the kill each time.
Yeah, that makes sense

iiDarudePvP December 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM UTC

It said the 2nd one

iiDarudePvP December 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM UTC

It was usually under a few seconds...

Coco_stag December 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM UTC

If You Shoot Someone With A Flame Bow And Then 1 Secound They Die When You Are Still Shooting Them It Was Say Player Was Burned To Death While Fighting Player
If You Shoot Him Once And Then 5 Secounds Later He Dies He Burns To Death Because Fire Killed Him More Then You Did