Avicus Archive

Rust? by DaFrozenBlaze July 11, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

I don't know how so many of you do it, you go off for like a month and come back still a god. I go off for two weeks, I come back becoming shit. It hurts, my playing style is suddenly different, I can't get my old one back, which is the one I like. Don't know if I should be worrying about this lol, but doesn't hurt asking

lordteddey July 11, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

so many clients out there just bursting to be downloaded

DaFrozenBlaze July 11, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

so many clients out there just bursting to be downloaded
What

keller183 July 11, 2016 at 11:07 PM UTC

im always shit so i dont have to worry !!

BanEden July 12, 2016 at 1:07 AM UTC

You probably just have to consistently play...then you should get back to your old playing style

Sevoo July 12, 2016 at 2:07 AM UTC

My skill is a lot less consistent. I can be at home on my PC not playing MC for a day then start playing at 8 PM and I'm still shit after 2 hour of Kohi. I have to start playing before a certain time and get good sleep and not be hungry to be good. That's why I can be really bad one day and be a g0d the next.

Numberz_ July 12, 2016 at 2:07 AM UTC

lmao try stopping for 5 months bow spam becomes your friend. but ye, I have this issue too. I tried fighting mobs in survival to regain my skills that doesn't work, I guess you just gotta keep at it.

hasl July 12, 2016 at 5:07 AM UTC

I went away for two weeks last summer and it took me a mere 3 days of 2 hours of practise to get back into my play style.

ImRaging July 12, 2016 at 6:07 AM UTC

I didnt play for a week and i sucked but when i came back after a month of summer holidays i was better

DaFrozenBlaze July 12, 2016 at 4:07 PM UTC

I didnt play for a week and i sucked but when i came back after a month of summer holidays i was better
a month :x

DaFrozenBlaze July 12, 2016 at 4:07 PM UTC

lmao try stopping for 5 months bow spam becomes your friend. but ye, I have this issue too. I tried fighting mobs in survival to regain my skills that doesn't work, I guess you just gotta keep at it.
I've suddenly improved with the bow after coming back from my break so idk lol

BmB July 12, 2016 at 5:07 PM UTC

I went away for four months came back and wasn't too much worse, thing is i remember the exact movement and way I pvped because before I left I was so focused on it I just didn't forget it. Maybe put like a conscious effort into remembering and being aware of how you play. When I was at the peak of my pvp, back in 1.7 there was a period of time where I would consider myself the best on the server and that was purely from effort and time analyzing my own pvp style.

If I put effort into minecraft I'm sure I could pick it back up but I really cannot be bothered if I'm honest.

In short know how you play, remember how you play and improve on how you play and rust becomes irrelevant especially on a fairly low skill ceiling game like minecraft.

Speeded July 12, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

Sometimes me having a small gap (2 days) between my previous playing time to the one im about to do, i end up being abit meh but as much as possible i instinctively remember basic movement (just like what BmB mentioned) and ofc bridging

lactify July 12, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

Best is to practice until you known you are at a point where you are good to play again. Best not to ruin your stats (if you care about them a lot)

MLGtino July 12, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

is basically what happens when iron oxidizes

awesome_apricot July 12, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

i still havent recovered from when i was half decent