Avicus Archive

What happened? by XxZalphinoxX January 10, 2016 at 2:01 AM UTC

Dear Avicus Members,
This post is in no way trying to start a flame war, offending an individual or targeting a group of people in any way.

What happened?

Well, i'll first start out by pointing out that I was banned for two years, so I have no idea what happened in that time. I have no idea why, so many people have left Avicus and it seems like the server is dying out? Before in 2013 and 14 the server was so big, I remember at a point we used to have over 600 people on the server, and today.. sometimes it's down to 10 players or even 60 to the most.

Did Avicus get a downgrade? Did Avicore effect Avicus? 

And here is the part I need you to be considerate and keep an open mind about, how is the server 10x more laggy, many people are making posts about the server sucking (I still love it the way it is). So.. what happened in that time? Today, there's a constant spectator flying over my head. Tomorrow i'll be teleported into the monument? What's happening?

Please, do not start a flame war or think this comment is meant to offend an individual.

Thank you for your attention.

-Zal

DaFrozenBlaze January 10, 2016 at 2:01 AM UTC

Stuff happened, idk what stuff.
Avicus went downhill, it had its prime
Omega Update changed a lot, making block lag appear again

XxZalphinoxX January 10, 2016 at 2:01 AM UTC

Omega Update? Sorry I don't know anything but before Avicore.

DaFrozenBlaze January 10, 2016 at 2:01 AM UTC

You gotta find someone else to explain :/

BoldAndBrash January 10, 2016 at 2:01 AM UTC

Omega Update: Most recent major update (happens long ago actually)

Added badges, credits, got rid of elimination, got rid of prestiges, numerous bugs, some bug fixes, new kits for some games, etc.

JJTheGuy January 10, 2016 at 2:01 AM UTC

Avicus is at an all time low.

NovaLikesPvP January 10, 2016 at 2:01 AM UTC

Avicus with +600 people? Umad

Goodnighht January 10, 2016 at 3:01 AM UTC

Used to be that way, before Avicore, and many, many glitches, bugs, and issues. :(

vladthegreat100 January 10, 2016 at 3:01 AM UTC

We had updates and updates bring glitches. And those take time to fix. We got new devs lately so that helps.
Staff changed, and the way the servers were being ran changed a lot.
A lot of bad changes happened but changes are changes, some were fixed, some weren't yet :|
We gotta live with it if we want to continue playing, or else we leave.
Some chose to stay, live with it, some couldn't take it and left.

Goodnighht January 10, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

We had updates and updates bring glitches. And those take time to fix. We got new devs lately so that helps.
Staff changed, and the way the servers were being ran changed a lot.
A lot of bad changes happened but changes are changes, some were fixed, some weren't yet :|
We gotta live with it if we want to continue playing, or else we leave.
Some chose to stay, live with it, some couldn't take it and left.
Most* couldn't take it and left. ;(

Legoche January 10, 2016 at 10:01 AM UTC

There wasn't enough advertising between MCZone and Avicore.
Also there are too many bugs right now for people to enjoy playing.

XxZalphinoxX January 10, 2016 at 10:01 AM UTC

I'm talking 2013 and 14

DaFrozenBlaze January 10, 2016 at 11:01 AM UTC

There used to be way more than what is is now

Myworld6 January 12, 2016 at 5:01 PM UTC

I'm not sure whether it ever reached 600+, but I know that about 2 years ago there were easily more than 100 people on each day.

imryaan January 12, 2016 at 6:01 PM UTC

things change bro 

i really miss elimination :(

Myv January 12, 2016 at 7:01 PM UTC

Oh my god.

You've got a lot to learn xd

DaFrozenBlaze January 12, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

things change bro 

i really miss elimination :(
I want Avicade back lol

iiDarudePvP January 13, 2016 at 12:01 AM UTC

A little before the Omega Update, Avicus was at its best.

iiDarudePvP January 13, 2016 at 12:01 AM UTC

easily. was watching JK's videos, sometime there where DTM maps with 35+ people and like 7 servers running.

zaidms0987 January 13, 2016 at 12:01 AM UTC

If I'm not mistaken, at 1 point we were getting around 1K players for a while. 

50 player senex matches were fun

Jahaj January 13, 2016 at 12:01 AM UTC

I'm not sure whether it ever reached 600+, but I know that about 2 years ago there were easily more than 100 people on each day.
I remember back in the days when we had 1-2k people on.

BoldAndBrash January 13, 2016 at 12:01 AM UTC

It use to reach 1000.

DaFrozenBlaze January 13, 2016 at 2:01 AM UTC

A little before the Omega Update, Avicus was at its best.
I know

Thomas_Shoes January 13, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

It use to reach 1000.
wake up you're dreaming

Glitchaye January 13, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

It use to reach 1000.
april 2014 i swear

DaFrozenBlaze January 13, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

wake up you're dreaming
It happened

BoldAndBrash January 13, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

wake up you're dreaming
No, it was like that in early 2014 and 2013

XxZalphinoxX January 13, 2016 at 1:01 PM UTC

If everyone misses the old avicus so much then why don't we request our dev's to revert back? I mean we didn't have the spectator glitches in Avicade and our hub was HUGE. If you miss it so much why don't you ask the dev's?

Anyone? or is everyone gonna say "Someone else will ask, it doesn't matter"

SmokeJamo January 13, 2016 at 2:01 PM UTC

The admins hardly listen to us so no point

XxZalphinoxX January 13, 2016 at 2:01 PM UTC

Well then, that's showing you something.

(No offence any staff member)

DaFrozenBlaze January 13, 2016 at 2:01 PM UTC

The admins hardly listen to us so no point
Stop with the hate comments, if it''s not helping anything don't comment.

Myworld6 January 13, 2016 at 6:01 PM UTC

I remember back in the days when we had 1-2k people on.
I must be getting forgetful in my old age then. My mistake. =)

AtditC January 13, 2016 at 6:01 PM UTC

The omega update was the biggest self-**** of Avicus' entire life.

SmokeJamo January 13, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

Stop with the hate comments, if it''s not helping anything don't comment.
It's not a hate comment it's my opinion, remember free country?

and if you think I'm bad when I speak about staff should see half of the server lmao

CocoaLatteSauce January 13, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Mczone used to have a decent amount of people before they switched to Avicus.

DaFrozenBlaze January 13, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

It's not a hate comment it's my opinion, remember free country?

and if you think I'm bad when I speak about staff should see half of the server lmao
Your negativity isn't going to help anything. Maybe if you could elaborate that would be more helpful.

Thomas_Shoes January 13, 2016 at 11:01 PM UTC

No, it was like that in early 2014 and 2013
I remember 600 people being on and people saying it was going downhill lol

DaFrozenBlaze January 13, 2016 at 11:01 PM UTC

I remember 600 people being on and people saying it was going downhill lol
Because it was

XxZalphinoxX January 14, 2016 at 9:01 AM UTC

Well the issue is no one is making a difference, we're in a bloody loop don't you see? Hate posts= recommendations that are never spoken or agreed on.

? Anyone

FrozenSolstice January 14, 2016 at 9:01 AM UTC

https://avicus.net/forums/445fcbeb8

Bam.

This whole dispute is two-sided. Players and staff need to lift their game with providing help. Negative posts with no meaning are not helpful at all. We need constructive criticism, like the thread I linked above. I'm glad that we have some players making a huge effort with providing recommendations regarding the server. I've done my best to forward your messages to Admins, but, I honestly can't be bothered to decode some hate messages and find any reasoning behind them.

The thread above is for constructive criticism, if you wish for changes within Avicus, I encourage you to click the link and take some time out of your day to write a few dot points.

Thanks. :)

XxZalphinoxX January 14, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

https://avicus.net/forums/445fcbeb8

Bam.

This whole dispute is two-sided. Players and staff need to lift their game with providing help. Negative posts with no meaning are not helpful at all. We need constructive criticism, like the thread I linked above. I'm glad that we have some players making a huge effort with providing recommendations regarding the server. I've done my best to forward your messages to Admins, but, I honestly can't be bothered to decode some hate messages and find any reasoning behind them.

The thread above is for constructive criticism, if you wish for changes within Avicus, I encourage you to click the link and take some time out of your day to write a few dot points.

Thanks. :)
Dear Solstice,

Thank you for recommendation, as you mentioned there are millions of posts that just are providing hate, and some that provide constructive criticism. But my question to you is, by asking the public (around 80 players) about what they want on the server, how will that result in anything? 

I agree that you guys are trying to help us but the issue is some recommendations for the server (EG. Bring back prestiges). Those discussions are either declined, ignored or simply just hated.

I'd like to at least have a fair vote on some recommendations that have been rejected.
Please, if you will request the higher admins to allow us to make a voting post, allowing us to vote on what needs to be added and removed.

Warm Regards,

-Zal

FrozenSolstice January 14, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

Dear Solstice,

Thank you for recommendation, as you mentioned there are millions of posts that just are providing hate, and some that provide constructive criticism. But my question to you is, by asking the public (around 80 players) about what they want on the server, how will that result in anything? 

I agree that you guys are trying to help us but the issue is some recommendations for the server (EG. Bring back prestiges). Those discussions are either declined, ignored or simply just hated.

I'd like to at least have a fair vote on some recommendations that have been rejected.
Please, if you will request the higher admins to allow us to make a voting post, allowing us to vote on what needs to be added and removed.

Warm Regards,

-Zal
I will ask, and hopefully try arrange something regarding voting.

In response to your "bring back prestiges" point, it has been declined a number of times for quite vague reasons. I fully agree with the fact they need to be brought back.

Thanks for replying and keeping a great attitude!

Regards,
Frozen

XxZalphinoxX January 14, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

Hello again,

Thank you for your commitment towards this post, the "bring back prestiges" point was just an example.

Thanks,

Zal.

Huam January 14, 2016 at 7:01 PM UTC

Easy answer, server died.
Why? 1 person leaves, 20 people leave with him.
But the main reason is because people are getting in love with the more tough pvp servers such as: Kohi, Badlion, MCSG, Hive, and more.
And nothing more surprising Hypixel and Mineplex get more than 1500 new people on the server each day.
Also, Minecraft is getting boring for alot of people such as me, they moved to other games either console or pc.

SmokeJamo January 14, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

Your negativity isn't going to help anything. Maybe if you could elaborate that would be more helpful.
I said before not negativity or a hate comment my opinion.

Sevoo January 14, 2016 at 11:01 PM UTC

There was a time when SG Servers were almost impossible to join.

XxZalphinoxX January 15, 2016 at 11:01 AM UTC

My point being, you know why we have lost players? Look at Hive, look at Hypixel. (not mineplex, it's just squeakers no offence). What are they doing? They have one thing in common. That is being unique. Why did Avicus get up to 600 players? Uniqueness of the server. Nebula was an all new gamemode to me when I first logged on, I was shocked to see the things you could do. So how about take away something like SG with 0 players and put a new gamemode on? Easier said than done huh? But it takes work.

Abide by Minecraft, you'll get what you want out of the game.

DaFrozenBlaze January 15, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

My point being, you know why we have lost players? Look at Hive, look at Hypixel. (not mineplex, it's just squeakers no offence). What are they doing? They have one thing in common. That is being unique. Why did Avicus get up to 600 players? Uniqueness of the server. Nebula was an all new gamemode to me when I first logged on, I was shocked to see the things you could do. So how about take away something like SG with 0 players and put a new gamemode on? Easier said than done huh? But it takes work.

Abide by Minecraft, you'll get what you want out of the game.
New and unique gamemodes are not easy to implement.
And for Hypixel and Hive, they had advertisement. YouTubers play those servers, that's a huge form of advertisement.

XxZalphinoxX January 15, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

So what stops YouTubers from coming here? Ghosts? Spirits? Nothing but uniquivity. <-- not a real word
But how did they get their advertisement? They started somewhere for sure.

DaFrozenBlaze January 15, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

So what stops YouTubers from coming here? Ghosts? Spirits? Nothing but uniquivity. <-- not a real word
But how did they get their advertisement? They started somewhere for sure.
One thing is Money, they do it for money. Kylo can't afford

Eteh January 15, 2016 at 12:01 PM UTC

Kylo driving around with his Mustang

XxZalphinoxX January 15, 2016 at 3:01 PM UTC

Please try not to go off topic but if Money is the matter, and no one is coming on, why isn't the server shut? Make it or lose it? true or false?

XtraMajestical January 15, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

Avicus needs to add some more game modes and increase advertising. Its mostly the same people (Which is good) and most new people come on and dont really come back online, maybe because of the lack of games. EG: Oh i dont like decay, ill go on a different game mode or map oh wait, there is none running even if there's two they maybe maps they dont like and then they may go on a different server.

jracer15 January 16, 2016 at 1:01 AM UTC

Avicus needs to add some more game modes and increase advertising. Its mostly the same people (Which is good) and most new people come on and dont really come back online, maybe because of the lack of games. EG: Oh i dont like decay, ill go on a different game mode or map oh wait, there is none running even if there's two they maybe maps they dont like and then they may go on a different server.
Exactly, it's not an enticing place for new players