Avicus Archive

Is this punishable in anyway? by lactify January 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

So, I wanted to know if this is punishable. As in punishable I mean a kick, maybe even a temp-ban (although I don't think it's possible)

Is saying things like "Omg, sky is in hub 1, go out there before he goes punishable? Because your spreading lies and it is sort of advertising and your trying to make players leave forcefully. Is it /report able?

Thanks

Cyclops January 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

This is very well considered "scamming" by lying to players.
So yes, this may be punishable.

_Avy January 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

Yes! It definitely is. Its known as Scamming :D

SnowSX3 January 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

Misleading (or Scamming) others is against the rules and depending on the situation can lead to the offender being kicked or banned.

lactify January 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

Ok thanks! Also, is it better to take a screenshot of when they are scamming because once they join (if they do eventually join) they won't do it again? Or is /report fine?

Numberz_ January 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

Yeah this the same as someone spams "Press alt F4 for free diamonds!!!!"

SnowSX3 January 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

Ok thanks! Also, is it better to take a screenshot of when they are scamming because once they join (if they do eventually join) they won't do it again? Or is /report fine?
Always take screenshots.
You will definately have proof that way.

But if they're persistant, you can /report.

lactify January 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

Always take screenshots.
You will definately have proof that way.

But if they're persistant, you can /report.
Will do! Thanks for the help!

_Avy January 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

Yeah, feel free to then report them online. If the player is continuously doing it /Report should work just fine

kycrafft January 7, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

God I hate when this happens.

SnowSX3 January 7, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

God I hate when this happens.
Was the bump necessary?

Doppelganger_ January 7, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

Was the bump necessary?
Was your first post necessary as the question had already been answered by 2 people including a mod.

SnowSX3 January 7, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

Was your first post necessary as the question had already been answered by 2 people including a mod.
When I wrote my response, (to me) no-one had responded yet.
Unfortunately, I was doing other things and by the time I had posted it, two people did it before me.

RightSide January 7, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

Yes it is !

MidnightBeats January 7, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

Since the question has been answered, I'm going to lock this thread to prevent further spam.