Avicus Archive

Fanfiction [A Glimpse of Hope Itself] by FrozenSolstice January 14, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

Players so far:
Fluenza

Sulorak

IvyCode/KyloCode

Heatless

MasterProX

FrozenSolstice

Aslan29

Seth

Ingigo

Badger

Spookeh

Well, this story was made a while ago, and I only decided to post first bit now. Since it seems to be trending at the moment.
Behold, the prologue!

The battle had taken it’s toll on Avicus.

Warriors lay across the ground, unconscious. The bridge they had been fighting on was burning, the acidic smell of smoke choked the air. The opposing side that Avicus had been fighting against stood triumphant over Avicus’ warriors. All was silent. Some of the Avicadians began to stir, watching with defiant eyes the enemy.

The enemy was a force to be reckoned with. They weren’t just a rowdy group, they were an organised army, capable of wiping out nations, as they had done before. The leader, or so it seemed, sneered at an Avicadian. None other than Ivy. Ivy stood crookedly, a hand his torso which was bleeding. The leader opened his mouth to speak. “It seems as if Avicus isn’t really such a powerful group after all.” The leader said, staring at Ivy with eyes that could pierce anyone’s soul. Ivy returned the stare. “You haven’t seen the last of us. We’ll come back, and we will have our revenge.”

The enemy’s leader only smirked. Raising his blade, he struck Ivy in the side. Ivy’s armour blocked any severe wounding, but the force of the blow sent him toppling off the bridge and into the water.

Ivy clutched at the water’s surface as he started to sink. The heavy diamond armour prevented him from swimming back up. Bubbles blew out his nose in panic, only hindering him. Through the water, Ivy could see the opposing army leave, and a figure break through the water, swimming hard towards him. Ivy closed his eyes, and felt hands close around his arm and pull him back up to the surface.

Chapter 1

Sulorak watched intently as Fluenza dived beneath the inky black surface after their leader. The rest of the Avicadians had stood up to watch as well. The surface of the water was still for a moment. Until bubbles exploded through, Fluenza's head broke the surface, followed shortly after by an unconscious Ivy. Sulorak felt himself sigh with relief as Ivy began to cough and splutter.
Sulorak quickly ran to the end of the bridge to retrieve his horse, whom of which had not been injured. With the help of Fluenza, they hefted Ivy onto the horse.

Avicadians took the silent cue and mounted their own horses as well. Snow looked at Ivy, worry bubbling in his chest. Fluenza nodded his head. "I shall see everyone back at the castle. Where we can discuss our next plan of action." With that, he and the horse rode off into the night, followed shortly after by Sulorak, then Snow, eventually the rest of Avicus.

Chapter 2
At the castle...

Most of Avicus were waiting anxiously outside the castle, pacing back and forth in worry for their leader. A glimpse of silver glittered at the balcony of the castle, it was Fluenza. He still wore his armour in a display of dominance. "Warriors of Avicus! I have come to inform you that Ivy is recovering well, he has only minor wounds." He stopped as a cheer broke through the crowd. He waited until every calmed down, then he spoke again. "I have gathered more information on the enemy, they are known as the "Hatch" (I tried, ok?) They have conquered several nations with ease, they kill innocents without a second thought. They take children from parents. Hatch is not a mere gang. We were lucky to escape with only minor injuries."

The crowd stood silently for a moment, as the words sank in. Then, one by one, as if told to, they all lifted their heads. "We must train!" A defiant roar came from none other than Aslan. Quickly, the rest of the crowd pitched in.
"We will defeat them!"
"We shall show them the meaning of power!"

A grin spread across Fluenza's face as Avicus started to cheer.
"It's settled, training starts tomorrow. Rest up Avicus, the time is coming."

Chapter 3

All was peaceful at night. Darkness had come over the Avicus Kingdom. Dim white light from the stars illuminated the Castle's courtyard. Two guards were on watch. They wore shining iron armour and brandished sharp iron swords. They paced back and forth along the Castle's gates. Upon closer inspection, their identities were revealed. The taller of the two was none other than Andrew, one of the best fighters in the kingdom. The second was Heat. 

"Excited for training tomorrow?" Heat asked Andrew, keen to distract himself sleep.

"Very. We'll show these 'Hatch' guys who's boss." Andrew replied, grinning.

Heat nodded and resumed his pacing. Unknown to the two guards, a mysterious figure was watching them, and had listened to their conversation. The figure was male, his outline just distinguishable from the starlight. He was at the base of a tree. Smiling to himself, the spy clutched his sword tighter and began to make his way towards the Castle gates.

Chapter 4

Ingigo was standing vigilantly at Ivy's balcony. His bow was at the ready, in case of any intruders. He spotted something in the darkness, moving slowly. The figure seemed to be crouching.

Ingigo's eyes widened as the figure stepped out of the forest, and his identity was revealed. It was none other than Seth, one of the most skilled warriors in Hatch. His sharp dagger glittered in the low light as he pulled it out. Seth suddenly put on a burst of speed, running at Andrew and Heat. Ingigo jumped off the balcony and landed with a roll. "Heat, Andrew, MOVEI!" He screeched, letting loose an arrow.

Andrew swivelled around at the sound of a strangled cry. Seth had pulled a chain around Heat's neck, crushing his throat. Heatless gurgled in pain, twisting from left and right to try and shake him off. Andrew lurched forward with his sword unsheathed, ready to help his friend. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his hip. Ingigo's arrow had missed Seth entirely and instead shot Andrew. Falling to his knees, he could only watch in utter terror as Heatless began to grow weaker and weaker. 

Chapter 5

Spookz was asleep in his section of the castle when he heard the strangled cry of Heatless. Taking his armour off his armour stand, he equipped his sword and donned his armour. He ran as fast as he could, screaming. "Attack! Surprise attack!"

Spookz burst out the castle, jumped down the layered gardens. His long sword glittered in the rising moonlight as he reached down for his throwing knife. He grasped it in his hands and threw it at Seth. Before the dagger could hit Seth, another figure caught the blade.

"Now now boys, no need for violence."

Chapter 6

Spookz's expression switched from anger to fear in a second.

A somewhat tall, slim female figure stood infront of him, clutching Spookz' dagger in her hand. "Why not let Seth do his job?" Spookz recognised the voice, it was FrozenSolstice. One of Hatch's stealth soldiers. Gritting his teeth, Spookz held his longsword tighter. He saw Heatless' legs crumple beneath him as Heat began to lose his grip on reality. Spookz snarled in anger and ran at Seth, swinging his sword wildly. He jumped, aiming the sword at Seth's throat. Spookz squeaked as he felt something grip the hilt of his sword from behind. Looking behind him, he saw Badger. There was a bone jarring thud, and Spookz felt a dagger pierce his spine. He cried out in pain as his legs failed to work. He felt Badger's other hand grip his head and crack his neck.

Very faintly, Spookz could make out Frozen's voice.

"Leave Andrew to die, but I plan on interrogating Heat."

To be continued...

(If you'd like to be in the story, comment below and I'll see what I can do.)

sweeeper January 14, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

Awesome, please do more! :D

BoldAndBrash January 14, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

*reads this* *reads his* *sigh*

aslan73 January 14, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

*reads this* *reads his* *sigh*
Not sure what the intention of your *sigh* was but...Sky said that she made this a while ago, and that she isn't copying anyone else's idea of making a fan-fiction. I love both of y'alls, and hope more come out, they're really exciting, interesting, and well-written! Keep it up! :)

Porkyyy January 14, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

I really love it! Sounds like the start to a very good story. Please continue!

BoldAndBrash January 14, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

Not sure what the intention of your *sigh* was but...Sky said that she made this a while ago, and that she isn't copying anyone else's idea of making a fan-fiction. I love both of y'alls, and hope more come out, they're really exciting, interesting, and well-written! Keep it up! :)
I meant it as in hers has much more detail than mine. Sky's is much better ;)

FrozenSolstice January 14, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

I love your story :D

The concept is a good one :) Don't be discouraged!

aslan73 January 14, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

Oh..sorry for my misunderstanding! :/

cinammoncroc000 January 14, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

Mmmm, I love this!

What really excites me is how descriptive you were able to make this, without having it be overly complicated and tedious to read. It's all really well structured and overall a lovely read :)

I can't wait for more to come :D
Also, if you need help, I'd be happy to write some things as well (though it'll be hard to match your level :P)

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA January 14, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

I'll be in it cuz stories r cool n stuf

cinammoncroc000 January 14, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

I'll be in it cuz stories r cool n stuf
Sir Sulorak the Savior???

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA January 14, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

Sir Sulorak the Savior???
YEAH M8 I SAVE STUFF

aslan73 January 14, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

King Aslan :o Jk, we don't want this turning into a Narnia fan fiction..plus I'm trash at pvp, so I wouldn't fit the "King" title very well.

FrozenSolstice January 14, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Mmmm, I love this!

What really excites me is how descriptive you were able to make this, without having it be overly complicated and tedious to read. It's all really well structured and overall a lovely read :)

I can't wait for more to come :D
Also, if you need help, I'd be happy to write some things as well (though it'll be hard to match your level :P)
Thanks for the feedback!
I read alot at home... like... I have 5 bookshelves...

FrozenSolstice January 14, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Next part out!

Featuring Fluey and Sulorak!

SnowSX3 January 14, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

What an awesome read!
Subscribed to the topic, can't wait to read more!

FrozenSolstice January 14, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

What an awesome read!
Subscribed to the topic, can't wait to read more!
Thanks Snow!

_Avy January 14, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

Sounds good! Cant wait to read more :D

FrozenSolstice January 14, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

Next chapter out :D

Sphrynax January 15, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

Moar moar pl0x

Make me the snake god or something.

chaibrit1 January 15, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

You're a great writer Sky, It's an awesome story so far! :)

FrostedCupcakez January 15, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

:OO You're such a good writer! Nice job, I'd love to see more :D

_Jupiter January 15, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

Cool! Looking forward to the next chapter!

JKawesome January 15, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Subbed :D

Atheyna January 15, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Awesome fan fiction! Love this, thanks for taking time to make it!

source_route January 15, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

and the source_route nuked the map and every 1 died

FrozenSolstice August 8, 2015 at 3:08 AM UTC

Please don't lock this, I'm aware it was quite a large bump.

Chapter three is out! Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

SnowSX3 August 8, 2015 at 9:08 AM UTC

Please don't lock this, I'm aware it was quite a large bump.

Chapter three is out! Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
Considering your comment was on topic, you've got nothing to worry about :)

FrozenSolstice August 8, 2015 at 9:08 AM UTC

Considering your comment was on topic, you've got nothing to worry about :)
Cool!

Ingigo August 8, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

Hmm, seems good so far ^.^ Great to see Avicadians being interested in literacy ^.^ You need me in them stories +1 xD jkjkjk

FrozenSolstice August 8, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

Hmm, seems good so far ^.^ Great to see Avicadians being interested in literacy ^.^ You need me in them stories +1 xD jkjkjk
YOU SHALL BE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

YOU SHALL BE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.
Lemme be the one to kill EVERYONE XD

FrozenSolstice August 8, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

Lemme be the one to kill EVERYONE XD
You will kill people, oh yes.

You will kill people, oh yes.
*Rubs hands together and gets his Popcorn out* oh yeee

FrozenSolstice August 8, 2015 at 11:08 AM UTC

Chapter 4 has been released! Sorry for the different font. :P

Ingigo August 8, 2015 at 12:08 PM UTC

Holy...
I am terrible at bow, so I would do that anyway xD

Spoookeh August 8, 2015 at 12:08 PM UTC

Awesome! Can I be in it??

FrozenSolstice August 8, 2015 at 12:08 PM UTC

Awesome! Can I be in it??
Sure!

FrozenSolstice August 9, 2015 at 12:08 AM UTC

Next chapter out! :)

I need more players though...

BoldAndBrash August 9, 2015 at 12:08 AM UTC

Next chapter out! :)

I need more players though...
Me! Oh oh oh pick me! Meee! :D

Me! Oh oh oh pick me! Meee! :D
Done!

Since I'm bored and have time to kill, chapter 6 is out!

Pavlo August 9, 2015 at 1:08 AM UTC

Pick me please :D

BoldAndBrash August 9, 2015 at 1:08 AM UTC

Yey!

Spartemex August 29, 2015 at 1:08 PM UTC

This is intense!

HotAndCrunch August 29, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

Add plz ily <3

FrozenSolstice August 29, 2015 at 7:08 PM UTC

Add plz ily <3
Will do!