Avicus Archive

Staff and tryharding for Senior Moderator by benaye January 16, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

What are your thoughts on sweating a rank that allows you to control other peoples decisions in online lego?

Personally I don't think that people like a sweaty mod and if the admins/current seniors do, it doesn't stop the people actually keeping this server alive from hating you.

So don't be a sweaty moderator. Take a long, hard think; are you being a little over the top with the punishments? Are you locking forum posts which shouldn't be locked? If yes, you should just calm down a bit and relax, it's just a game after all. If no, either you rate yourself too highly or you are actually pretty chill, congratulations, you are one of the only staff here who do their "job" and put a little, even the very minimum amount, but still a little bit of humour into doing it.

N.B. 95% chance this will get locked without reason and if so then you are exactly the reason I am making this topic.

PieZ January 16, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

ClubberNugget January 16, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

You know, I'd rather have Mods that you call,"Tryharding" than to have mods who dont care at all.  If they want senior mod, good for them, go for it.  I'd rather that than a lack of devoted mods

Crimson_Aught January 16, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

Everyone, who get new job, do it according employer rules and requests, and they are tryhards in the begining.
The best example is one of new mods :>
Just compair, what player does and says before and after, and you will see

Zeusy January 16, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

Lol

Passively January 16, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

xd

Jiloker January 16, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

O.o

benaye January 16, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

You know, I'd rather have Mods that you call,"Tryharding" than to have mods who dont care at all.  If they want senior mod, good for them, go for it.  I'd rather that than a lack of devoted mods
My shoutout here goes to the one and only  Myworld6 because he was one of the moderators that actually looked like he enjoyed his job because of the humour he brought with it and not did it for either the "feel". Most mods will say that they help the server and while shutting down spam or related forum posts and banning the occasional hacker is helping, it's not entire dedication. What he did was not sweaty at all and if all of Avicus' mods could be that way it would be very enjoyable.

Junr January 16, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

My shoutout here goes to the one and only  Myworld6 because he was one of the moderators that actually looked like he enjoyed his job because of the humour he brought with it and not did it for either the "feel". Most mods will say that they help the server and while shutting down spam or related forum posts and banning the occasional hacker is helping, it's not entire dedication. What he did was not sweaty at all and if all of Avicus' mods could be that way it would be very enjoyable.
Are you making this thread cause you're still salty from your ban? O.o

I wouldn't say that I am salty from my ban at all seeing as I just laughed it off. No, I made this thread because I care about this server and when I do appeal I want some changes made.

They of course do not have to be made but I am making this post for the thought of consideration and the hope that one day they might.

TheColdCrafter January 16, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

^^ yes

Everyone, who get new job, do it according employer rules and requests, and they are tryhards in the begining.
The best example is one of new mods :>
Just compair, what player does and says before and after, and you will see
Anyone below the rank of Senior Moderator tryhards at least in some ways. As soon as they get Senior it all relaxes a bit.

XtraMajestical January 16, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

Well people have lives aswell xd but i see where you coming from

Junr January 16, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

I wouldn't say that I am salty from my ban at all seeing as I just laughed it off. No, I made this thread because I care about this server and when I do appeal I want some changes made.

They of course do not have to be made but I am making this post for the thought of consideration and the hope that one day they might.
Hmmmmmmmm

benaye January 16, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

Well people have lives aswell xd but i see where you coming from
Sure, we all have lives. My life at the moment is as busy as it can get. You don't need to be on actively to be non sweaty or sweaty at all. Just when people do get time to play some Minecraft and more directly the Avicus Network remember these words.

Everyones lives could use a little more fun in any way!

hasl January 16, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

you deserve a medal ben

benaye January 16, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

you deserve a medal ben
Only for the fact that it is 5am, I'm tired and I'm still replying to these posts...

kycrafft January 16, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

Anyone below the rank of Senior Moderator tryhards at least in some ways. As soon as they get Senior it all relaxes a bit.
I mean, shit, at least it means that they are trying.

rinn January 16, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

lmfao been waiting years for someone to make this thread

Myworld6 January 16, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

I think you've tagged the wrong guy.

Clijmart January 16, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

May I ask what is wrong with tryharding?
Yes, I tryhard everything I do, when I want something, I want to do it right.

Mods that follow the punishment lists are doing good.
What you are saying: ''Take a long, hard think; are you being a little over the top with the punishments? Are you locking forum posts which shouldn't be locked? If yes, you should just calm down a bit and relax, it's just a game after all.'' Does not make sense... Yes, it may be a game, but what is the goal of a game? Right, to have fun, to be able to play and enjoy it.
Maybe you enjoy breaking rules, but it ruins the fun for others. Think about others too when doing that?

Of course, you can overdo stuff. Which may not be the best thing to do. But they show they are trying their best to keep it fair and nice for everyone, instead only for 1 group of players.

Verybadsorry January 16, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

lmao typical kid that's been banned, one minute your all over being a mod and "helping the server". But, once you know your banned  its all "OHHHHHHHH THIS SERVERS FUCKING SHIT AND ALL THE SWEATYTRHARD MODS OMG AHHHHHHHHHH" your not even allowed on the server so stop complaining about it LMFAO

Verybadsorry January 16, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

I think you've tagged the wrong guy.
ROFL

Iron January 16, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

I have dreamt of this day.

Mods trying to justify their shittyness through tryharding
People who argue for no reason and no context

Its a match made in heaven

rinn  Zeusy

aagrant99 January 16, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

It looks like you were the sweaty one when you were caught.  Why would they be sweaty they weren't doing anything bad like you at that moment of capture and they are in minecraft they don't have pores?  Best roast of 2017; 10/10.  But really I have no comment on this that was just a roast that I wanted to add.

Xuph January 16, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

rinn  Zeusy
hello I'm admin xuph nice to meet you sr mod iron!

TooSweetSki January 16, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

wtf is 'sweaty' 
what does that mean?

_DISTRACTION_ January 16, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

wtf is 'sweaty' 
what does that mean?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sweaty

Sevoo January 16, 2017 at 10:01 PM UTC

@vladthegreat100

Sevoo January 16, 2017 at 10:01 PM UTC

lmao typical kid that's been banned, one minute your all over being a mod and "helping the server". But, once you know your banned  its all "OHHHHHHHH THIS SERVERS FUCKING SHIT AND ALL THE SWEATYTRHARD MODS OMG AHHHHHHHHHH" your not even allowed on the server so stop complaining about it LMFAO
im really sorry but the your and you're shit is screwing with my head xd

Crazy_ January 16, 2017 at 10:01 PM UTC

I mean, there's a difference between a sweaty try-hard, and someone who tries hard to do their job to the best degree they can.

dev_revs January 16, 2017 at 11:01 PM UTC

Especially the ones who back stab you to earn brownie points, could name a few but I'll refrain

benaye January 17, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

Some 12 year old complaining about how I'm saying how shit the server is, maybe you should look deeper into it and you'll find what I'm finding.

rinn  Zeusy
You need to fix your mistakes in this but thank you for actually agreeing.

Acceqted January 17, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

Okay, being one of the most called out people for this act, here's my opinion.

It's hard to tell the difference between tryharding and just trying to be helpful and friendly to players. I will admit, I used to be a tryhard during my early days, but later in my staff history it just felt nice to help others out. 

As a former mod, it definitely helps to keep you motivated when you know there's a higher rank you can achieve. It makes you work to your fullest extent and pushes you to do the best you can.

But this isn't the only perspective of my thoughts on this.

A senior staff member and I were talking after retirement and they were telling me how I shouldn't focus on whether I was close to senior or not, I should of focused on,"Did I make the server a better place?" "Did I make a change in the community?". Not everything you do has to be about a promotion, others passion comes from their peers, some comes from the community. It's not wrong to work for senior, and I think the community gives those guys to much shit for just trying to work the best they can.

Okay, being one of the most called out people for this act, here's my opinion.

It's hard to tell the difference between tryharding and just trying to be helpful and friendly to players. I will admit, I used to be a tryhard during my early days, but later in my staff history it just felt nice to help others out. 

As a former mod, it definitely helps to keep you motivated when you know there's a higher rank you can achieve. It makes you work to your fullest extent and pushes you to do the best you can.

But this isn't the only perspective of my thoughts on this.

A senior staff member and I were talking after retirement and they were telling me how I shouldn't focus on whether I was close to senior or not, I should of focused on,"Did I make the server a better place?" "Did I make a change in the community?". Not everything you do has to be about a promotion, others passion comes from their peers, some comes from the community. It's not wrong to work for senior, and I think the community gives those guys to much shit for just trying to work the best they can.
I see you haven't read my replies or original thread already because I'm this was brought up somewhere.

From what I have read here you seem to agree that you were one of the "sweaty" bunch, which is perfectly fine. Yes, I agree, not everything is about a promotion which is one of things that I said in the original post. You're talking about "making the server happy", and while yes, it makes the server happy to have active (not a "sweaty" trait) mods that do their job it doesn't need ones that are strict to the point that people dislike them; they are the ones keeping this server alive by playing it after all.

You can and are welcome to have your own opinion, but this is mine and a lot of people seem to agree with it.

BoldAndBrash January 17, 2017 at 4:01 AM UTC

I agree with most of this. I especially hate whenever people are average, toxic community members and then all of a sudden when apps open they become good noodles. I believe if someone simply wants to achieve a higher rank though, good for them, just be careful how you do so.

Goodnighht January 17, 2017 at 4:01 AM UTC

I'm confused. Why is this a bad thing? If you are want to achieve something in life, you have to try. If that means putting all your work into getting Senior Moderator on a server, then go for it! There's nothing wrong with trying to do your best. If anything I would rather have a staff member that is try-harding for Senior that one that is practically trying to be demoted. 

When I get older I plan to go to collage and become a Preschool Teacher. If I didn't try to get to this goal then I would never get there, and overall I would end up complaining about all the things I did wrong, or should have done to get to the end goal. If I decide that I will do anything to get there, then I will go over the top to get there, and eventually when I go to get a job I will be more then qualified and I will most likely get the job, and enjoy my life more, because the better you are at what you do the more you get paid, Which in turn gives you a better life overall, not because money creates your life, but because you have the ability to take a vacation, live in a nice home, and pay for whatever you need to and still have some left over for enjoying your free time. 

I see nothing wrong with a Moderator trying to get Senior Moderator and punishing for things against the rules consistently. If someone is breaking the rules, well that's why we are here... That's the whole point of this rank, to punish rule breakers.

Jotrexwitz January 17, 2017 at 4:01 AM UTC

i don't think mods really want to help the server, i mean  a lot of time there are no mods.
and its fine if the mods don't have enough time to play, but in my opinion mods should care more about the server and not the rank, in the moment you apply for mods you know you need to me super active on the server and forums, but a lot of them they just get the rank and don't even join for a day , and if they do they are afk, mods need to change for good to make a good community

profbananaslug January 17, 2017 at 5:01 AM UTC

I'm confused. Why is this a bad thing? If you are want to achieve something in life, you have to try. If that means putting all your work into getting Senior Moderator on a server, then go for it! There's nothing wrong with trying to do your best. If anything I would rather have a staff member that is try-harding for Senior that one that is practically trying to be demoted. 

When I get older I plan to go to collage and become a Preschool Teacher. If I didn't try to get to this goal then I would never get there, and overall I would end up complaining about all the things I did wrong, or should have done to get to the end goal. If I decide that I will do anything to get there, then I will go over the top to get there, and eventually when I go to get a job I will be more then qualified and I will most likely get the job, and enjoy my life more, because the better you are at what you do the more you get paid, Which in turn gives you a better life overall, not because money creates your life, but because you have the ability to take a vacation, live in a nice home, and pay for whatever you need to and still have some left over for enjoying your free time. 

I see nothing wrong with a Moderator trying to get Senior Moderator and punishing for things against the rules consistently. If someone is breaking the rules, well that's why we are here... That's the whole point of this rank, to punish rule breakers.
the problem with tryharding mods is that they tend to go overboard, kind've like all that police brutality stuff everyone is getting all hot and bothered about these days.

anyhow, i think mods should care more about moderating and less about getting senior mod. in fact, i don't really see why there even is a senior mod position, and if it's making all the mods go crazy then it should just be removed (although i suspect if you ask any mods or senior mods they'll be against removing it for reasons which i hope are obvious)

dev_revs January 17, 2017 at 5:01 AM UTC

I agree with most of this. I especially hate whenever people are average, toxic community members and then all of a sudden when apps open they become good noodles. I believe if someone simply wants to achieve a higher rank though, good for them, just be careful how you do so.

Jotrexwitz January 17, 2017 at 5:01 AM UTC

thats the main problem the mods should be focus on helping the server and the community and not on being promoted to sr mod, i bet u don't put on your application i want to me sr mod and i and gonna me tryharding to get it.

TooSweetSki January 17, 2017 at 7:01 AM UTC

Where did this sudden mindset come from?
I can't keep up with these trends xD

Who tryhards?

Numberz_ January 17, 2017 at 7:01 AM UTC

Tryharding for senior mod on Avicus doesn't accomplish a lot. (speaking from experience)

Iron January 17, 2017 at 11:01 AM UTC

You need to fix your mistakes in this but thank you for actually agreeing.
who even are you and what mistakes do you speak of. BALDERDASH I SAY

Crazy_ January 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM UTC

the problem with tryharding mods is that they tend to go overboard, kind've like all that police brutality stuff everyone is getting all hot and bothered about these days.

anyhow, i think mods should care more about moderating and less about getting senior mod. in fact, i don't really see why there even is a senior mod position, and if it's making all the mods go crazy then it should just be removed (although i suspect if you ask any mods or senior mods they'll be against removing it for reasons which i hope are obvious)
From a simple stand point of being able to get things done, a Sr mod rank is great. They can do stuff normal mods cannot (ip checks, more internal work), and stuff the admins are too busy to do.

And I mean sure, you can give normal mods these perms, but not all of them are mature enough to handle them.

Myworld6 January 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM UTC

thats the main problem the mods should be focus on helping the server and the community and not on being promoted to sr mod, i bet u don't put on your application i want to me sr mod and i and gonna me tryharding to get it.
That's what they do, at least the senior ones (i.e. myself, Badger, Rese, etc.) did. I can't speak for all of the mods, but I know that a respectable amount of them don't care about senior.

benaye January 17, 2017 at 2:01 PM UTC

I'm going to come out and say this now, when I first made this post, you were one of the moderators that I was thinking of, and while your reasons are perfectly legitimate, tryharding is not a good thing.

Sadly, most of them don't understand what the server needs or are not willing to do it.

Tryharding for senior mod on Avicus doesn't accomplish a lot. (speaking from experience)
Exactly my point, and yet countless mods would rather be on the edge trying lowkey to get a rank that in my opinion not many of them deserve at the current moment.

Numberz_ January 17, 2017 at 2:01 PM UTC

Exactly my point, and yet countless mods would rather be on the edge trying lowkey to get a rank that in my opinion not many of them deserve at the current moment.
As Peachy told me at the time when I applied for Senior mod (idk if this has changed much since then) that senior staff have already decided who is going to get accepted long before the interviewing process is done.

Who tryhards?
This is not a sudden mindset, as now that I have posted this I've already seen a few posts about this same topic.

As Peachy told me at the time when I applied for Senior mod (idk if this has changed much since then) that senior staff have already decided who is going to get accepted long before the interviewing process is done.
Well, if what you said is true then the Avicus staff team have been biased for a number of years now.

From a simple stand point of being able to get things done, a Sr mod rank is great. They can do stuff normal mods cannot (ip checks, more internal work), and stuff the admins are too busy to do.

And I mean sure, you can give normal mods these perms, but not all of them are mature enough to handle them.
If a moderator is not capable of handling these permissions, then they should be demoted because most moderators need actual maturity. I see now why Hypixel has an age minimum of 16 before someone can apply for helper.

It looks like you were the sweaty one when you were caught.  Why would they be sweaty they weren't doing anything bad like you at that moment of capture and they are in minecraft they don't have pores?  Best roast of 2017; 10/10.  But really I have no comment on this that was just a roast that I wanted to add.
I don't know who you roasted but thanks for the interesting piece of information you just provided.

May I ask what is wrong with tryharding?
Yes, I tryhard everything I do, when I want something, I want to do it right.

Mods that follow the punishment lists are doing good.
What you are saying: ''Take a long, hard think; are you being a little over the top with the punishments? Are you locking forum posts which shouldn't be locked? If yes, you should just calm down a bit and relax, it's just a game after all.'' Does not make sense... Yes, it may be a game, but what is the goal of a game? Right, to have fun, to be able to play and enjoy it.
Maybe you enjoy breaking rules, but it ruins the fun for others. Think about others too when doing that?

Of course, you can overdo stuff. Which may not be the best thing to do. But they show they are trying their best to keep it fair and nice for everyone, instead only for 1 group of players.
May I ask what you are trying to point out?

Breaking rules is never good and all staff members will deal appropriate punishments which I am fine with.

Locking forum posts which shouldn't be locked is what 9/10 of the staff members do and it shouldn't happen.

And what are these "one group of players"?

Crazy_ January 17, 2017 at 2:01 PM UTC

If a moderator is not capable of handling these permissions, then they should be demoted because most moderators need actual maturity. I see now why Hypixel has an age minimum of 16 before someone can apply for helper.
Eh. I wasn't saying that the moderators completely lack the maturity to handle being a moderator

Each rank has more responsibilities, and for each there are higher expectations in the people in those ranks (for a few reasons; seniors represent the server more - an immature sr looks worst than an immature mod, have access to more info that needs to be kept private among the staff team, etc.) This is why not every single mod gets senior.

Same sort of deal for admin. We don't demote everyone who can't fit into the admin role, and we don't promote everyone either.

Crimson_Aught January 17, 2017 at 3:01 PM UTC

Who tryhards?
Oh, hi
How is your new old job :)

ClubberNugget January 17, 2017 at 3:01 PM UTC

I'm failing to see the problem here lol

From what I've read in this thread, the gist is, you're bitter about locked forum topics?

benaye January 17, 2017 at 3:01 PM UTC

I'm failing to see the problem here lol

From what I've read in this thread, the gist is, you're bitter about locked forum topics?
What I'm "bitter" about is mods spending no time on the server > instead devoting more time into getting a senior moderator rank.

ClubberNugget January 17, 2017 at 3:01 PM UTC

What I'm "bitter" about is mods spending no time on the server > instead devoting more time into getting a senior moderator rank.
How on earth do you think they are going to get Senior Mod without being active...

benaye January 17, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

How on earth do you think they are going to get Senior Mod without being active...
Before you start making accusations actually read the replies because you'll find I've already stated that activeness isn't a sweaty trait.

ClubberNugget January 17, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

Before you start making accusations actually read the replies because you'll find I've already stated that activeness isn't a sweaty trait.
That's not the point im trying to make.  
"What I'm "bitter" about is mods spending no time on the server"
Mods not spending time on the server is a problem, they should be active when possible.  When no moderators are present on a saturday (I've seen it), there is a problem.  Its the second part of your statement that makes no sense.
"instead devoting more time into getting a senior moderator rank."
How are they spending more time into getting SR. Mod if they are not active?  You are saying that instead of being active on the server, they are working for sr. mod, what is it they are doing if not being active on the server in order to get sr mod?

That's not the point im trying to make.  
"What I'm "bitter" about is mods spending no time on the server"
Mods not spending time on the server is a problem, they should be active when possible.  When no moderators are present on a saturday (I've seen it), there is a problem.  Its the second part of your statement that makes no sense.
"instead devoting more time into getting a senior moderator rank."
How are they spending more time into getting SR. Mod if they are not active?  You are saying that instead of being active on the server, they are working for sr. mod, what is it they are doing if not being active on the server in order to get sr mod?

Why stick up for a job that you have never had before and most likely never will if you continue to act this way.

1. When I say "Spending no time on the server" I mean through updates and providing new content, not activeness.
2. Seeing as the first part of this sums up your second enquiry you should probably just suck up to the staff team some more you pathetic twit. (Not trying to put staff down in any way here)

ClubberNugget January 17, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

Why stick up for a job that you have never had before and most likely never will if you continue to act this way.

1. When I say "Spending no time on the server" I mean through updates and providing new content, not activeness.
2. Seeing as the first part of this sums up your second enquiry you should probably just suck up to the staff team some more you pathetic twit. (Not trying to put staff down in any way here)
Now you're the one assuming things.  I've been a Jr mod before and I quit because I knew I was unable to maintain the level activity required for the position.  But that doesn't matter in this discussion anyway

You realize mods don't develop the server right?  They don't make maps, they don't code the server.  Their job is to moderate...ya know...just like their title states... (This of course is excluding mods who are developers and map devs IN ADDITION to being mods.)

Throwing insults doesnt prove a point and I find alot of problems with the staff, but this thread is not one of those problems...

Now you're the one assuming things.  I've been a Jr mod before and I quit because I knew I was unable to maintain the level activity required for the position.  But that doesn't matter in this discussion anyway

You realize mods don't develop the server right?  They don't make maps, they don't code the server.  Their job is to moderate...ya know...just like their title states... (This of course is excluding mods who are developers and map devs IN ADDITION to being mods.)

Throwing insults doesnt prove a point and I find alot of problems with the staff, but this thread is not one of those problems...
The only problem here is you constantly debating me.

Now, let's get back on topic before one of those sweaty mods locks this for constant arguments.

Iron January 17, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

can confirm

p.s they have thrown out the biasbiasbiasbiasbiasbiasbiasbiasbiasbiasbiasbias card without justification

Crazy_ January 17, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

The only problem here is you constantly debating me.

Now, let's get back on topic before one of those sweaty mods locks this for constant arguments.
We're not going to lock a thread because to people don't agree on something.

I mean, if it starts to flame or gets out of hand, then that's a different story....

Goodnighht January 17, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

I'm going to come out and say this now, when I first made this post, you were one of the moderators that I was thinking of, and while your reasons are perfectly legitimate, tryharding is not a good thing.
I respect that, but just to clear anything, I'm not even thinking about Senior right now. I've only been a Moderator for a few months, it's much too early for that. I mean if they asked me then sure, but it's not even on my radar right now. Even if I wanted to try-hard to get Senior it would do next to nothing at this point. 

When I applied for Mod, the reason had nothing to do with the rank. I applied because I enjoy Avicus and I was starting to lose interest, I needed something to keep me here. And at the time, I felt like if I had a cool chance to help change the server in a good way, then it would give me incentive to stay online, as well as help the server as much as I can. 

Any feedback as to how to help me as a staff member or the staff team as a whole is always appreciated. We all have things we should work on, but if you can think of some of those things, then that would be really helpful. It would also help to avoid these types of topics that are basically made to create hate against the staff team.

Midnightstorm January 17, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

one of the reasons why i left lol
too many sweaty mineman babysitters

kycrafft January 17, 2017 at 10:01 PM UTC

"Why stick up for a job that you have never had before and most likely never will if you continue to act this way."

And by the same token, why are you representing our community on this issue? Is it because you're a fucking paragon of light who can do no wrong? No, it's because you want your opinion heard. Don't shut him down because you don't share his opinion, and stop being so toxic, it doesn't make you credible. 

I mean, I don't care how you act, but don't get on such a high horse when there's other things that you should address. 

rinn January 17, 2017 at 10:01 PM UTC

LOL

SnowSX3 January 17, 2017 at 11:01 PM UTC

"and providing new content"
How does a Moderator provide new content?
Moderators moderate the server.
Providing new content is what Developers do...

benaye January 18, 2017 at 7:01 AM UTC

I really don't understand why people are sticking up for the staff team here when this server is as close to dead as it can get and is relying on tournaments to actually up the player count.

hasl January 18, 2017 at 7:01 AM UTC

I really don't understand why people are sticking up for the staff team here when this server is as close to dead as it can get and is relying on tournaments to actually up the player count.
We appreciate your feedback! Thank you very much benaye. :)

benaye January 18, 2017 at 7:01 AM UTC

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you very much benaye. :)
Ho ho the boy called Jack what a god mod

hasl January 18, 2017 at 7:01 AM UTC

Ho ho the boy called Jack what a god mod
O thank you wise one.

TooSweetSki January 18, 2017 at 7:01 AM UTC

People have been saying stuff like that for over a year now
hmm

kycrafft January 18, 2017 at 7:01 AM UTC

Thanks for helping our player count by getting yourself banned

benaye January 18, 2017 at 10:01 AM UTC

Thanks for helping our player count by getting yourself banned
The server was going lower and lower ever since we changed into Omega. Unless we bring some hope back into the community the fear of losing what once was a great server will be over.

"Hope is the only thing that is greater than fear." President Coriolanus Snow. The staff team is currently not giving any hope to the server.

SmokeJamo January 18, 2017 at 10:01 AM UTC

If they wanted to type hard for senior mod they would log public alts on VPNS and warn them and kick them a lot ban them for a Bit and then perm them lol

Myworld6 January 18, 2017 at 11:01 AM UTC

If they wanted to type hard for senior mod they would log public alts on VPNS and warn them and kick them a lot ban them for a Bit and then perm them lol
Damnit, why didn't I think of that? Eurgh!

On a serious note, the seniors are rarely chosen based on the number of punishments that have been dealt out.

SmokeJamo January 18, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

On a serious note, the seniors are rarely chosen based on the number of punishments that have been dealt out.
Only know that because someone did it on a server I was staff on.

promotions are always biased so who cares lol

Myworld6 January 18, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

Only know that because someone did it on a server I was staff on.

promotions are always biased so who cares lol
I'm not going to say whether that's true or not. ;)

SmokeJamo January 19, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

I'm not going to say whether that's true or not. ;)
Which part?

yummys January 19, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

Is that a bad thing? Tryharding is a good thing especially if staff do it. They just want to ban hackers and make the server a better place. That's a great thing.

Goodnighht January 19, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

The server was going lower and lower ever since we changed into Omega. Unless we bring some hope back into the community the fear of losing what once was a great server will be over.

"Hope is the only thing that is greater than fear." President Coriolanus Snow. The staff team is currently not giving any hope to the server.
Can I correct this? The Omega update had a lot of glitches and problems with it at first. Overall it was an amazing update for Avicus and has come to prove that it is much better then Avicore. If you want to blame an update for losing players, the Omega update isn't it.

The Omega update brought us better map options, easier coding for the Developers, which means updates can be released faster and more efficiently. It also added a new feel to Avicus, which as much as I liked the old Avicus feel, this one is much more professional and seems much more open to new players.

Avicore on the other hand got rid of Prestiges (A bit after, but it was part of the update), which made over half our player base leave, brought a lot of lag with it, and created a very weird environment between new and old players, causing new players to not stay. Not even going to mention the update to full 1.8.x a bit later on. 

Also I would like to point out that the staff team right now is looking more promising then it has been in the past year to year and a half. We are working on fixing communication between the The Admins and Seniors, as well as between the Senior staff and Moderators. A lot of the new Moderators may not be the best, but they are learning as they go, I being one of them. There is still a lot that we need to learn and get better at, but this next year is looking very good for the staff team. As long as we keep with our goals and don't quit on them the next few months will be much better. 

Also like Snow pointed out. the Moderators don't develop anything, you seem to be putting a lot of blame on the moderation staff because things aren't being fixed, such as the lag or some update that you wanted. We have no control over that at all. If you want something to be updated or fixed then post it on Github. That's where you will find the most progress, not making a forum post talking about how bad the staff team is, especially when half of your points aren't even logical.

benaye January 19, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

Then how did it drop the count from 100 to 50.

Then how did it drop the count from 100 to 50.
It dropped at the beginning of the Omega update, when there were glitches. Overall the Omega update has started to get us players, and keep them.

benaye January 19, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

It dropped at the beginning of the Omega update, when there were glitches. Overall the Omega update has started to get us players, and keep them.
Although it was in my opinion a fantastic update dispite the block lag at the start, your only conpensation would be that it gained the players that it lost, and I'll give you that. Except it certainly didn't increase :(

Although it was in my opinion a fantastic update dispite the block lag at the start, your only conpensation would be that it gained the players that it lost, and I'll give you that. Except it certainly didn't increase :(
True, but Omega along with Atlas had lost players at first, but it's not done gaining players. There are still updates to come, and with the new Dev (Kashike) and ALM doing a very good job Avicus is coming back, if anything, not dying. Sure, it's slow, but it's not dying.

GrapeSmoothie January 19, 2017 at 6:01 AM UTC

now I lowkey wanna sweat for a red tag

profbananaslug January 19, 2017 at 6:01 AM UTC

avicus mods

Iron January 19, 2017 at 9:01 AM UTC

now I lowkey wanna sweat for a red tag
resistance v6, sweating for that sweet red.

hasl January 19, 2017 at 9:01 AM UTC

make senior a disgusting colour, nobody will want it

benaye January 19, 2017 at 2:01 PM UTC

make senior a disgusting colour, nobody will want it
Should make it poo brown.

ImRaging January 19, 2017 at 3:01 PM UTC

yeah Zeusy is the biggest tryhard of them alllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

benaye January 19, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

yeah Zeusy is the biggest tryhard of them alllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't mention the obvious.

hasl January 19, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

sounds good

profbananaslug January 19, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

here's a mockup
Senior Moderator

lactify January 19, 2017 at 11:01 PM UTC

I used to tryhard the shuck out of getting mod. Now Ik that I am wasting my time and I have school to focus on.

anyway, let them tryhard for it. Lol, whatever makes people happy eh,

Acceqted January 20, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

FrostedCupcakez begs to differ

PieZ January 20, 2017 at 2:01 AM UTC

here's a mockup
Senior Moderator
Needs more pink.

kycrafft January 20, 2017 at 2:01 AM UTC

here's a mockup
Senior Moderator
Changed the "Senior Moderator" to "Biased Corrupt Sweaty Power-Hungry Inefficient Butthurt No-Life Incompetent Asshole Suck-up Moderator" 

That way, no one will want to get the rank, so there will be no more Senior Mods. Without Senior Mods, there new ones will have to be chosen from regular Moderators. Then, no one will want to be staff because they all fear to be promoted, and there will be no staff. Without staff, there will be no corruption and the power will go to the people! It's a flawless system!

profbananaslug January 20, 2017 at 2:01 AM UTC

ok i incorporated both suggestions

Biased Corrupt Sweaty Power-Hubgry Inefficient Butthurt No-Life Incompetent Asshole Suck-up Moderator

PieZ January 20, 2017 at 2:01 AM UTC

Changed the "Senior Moderator" to "Biased Corrupt Sweaty Power-Hungry Inefficient Butthurt No-Life Incompetent Asshole Suck-up Moderator" 

That way, no one will want to get the rank, so there will be no more Senior Mods. Without Senior Mods, there new ones will have to be chosen from regular Moderators. Then, no one will want to be staff because they all fear to be promoted, and there will be no staff. Without staff, there will be no corruption and the power will go to the people! It's a flawless system!
"That way, no one will want to get the rank"
Obviously you haven't met someone like me yet ;)

kycrafft January 20, 2017 at 2:01 AM UTC

ok i incorporated both suggestions

Biased Corrupt Sweaty Power-Hubgry Inefficient Butthurt No-Life Incompetent Asshole Suck-up Moderator
Actually now that I see that, I wouldn't mind having it. I love the pink color.

emilizzle January 20, 2017 at 8:01 AM UTC

lol

rememes January 20, 2017 at 8:01 AM UTC

Image result for yee

Eklip_Z January 20, 2017 at 9:01 AM UTC

I've always found Avicus Mods to be pretty chilled out and usually pretty lenient in comparison to Mods from other networks. Of course there are a few robots who seem to find it difficult to take a joke.

Myworld6 January 20, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

I've always found Avicus Mods to be pretty chilled out and usually pretty lenient in comparison to Mods from other networks. Of course there are a few robots who seem to find it difficult to take a joke.
Raises a hand. I confess to the latter!

kycrafft January 20, 2017 at 3:01 PM UTC

Raises a hand. I confess to the latter!
Turning gears can be heard

faht January 20, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

i remember tryharding for jr
good old times.

JDKL January 20, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

Yeah, so what

FrostedCupcakez January 20, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

FrostedCupcakez begs to differ
What.

Myworld6 January 20, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

What.
Don't be too harsh on him, he's drunk.

kycrafft January 21, 2017 at 12:01 AM UTC

I can name some other drunk ex-staff members

benaye January 21, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

You'd have to be drunk to even apply for staff and yes I was drunk when I did.

felipu_feliu January 22, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

Mods have to act as community members, not as cops

obviously they have to keep control of the situation but they should mostly try to stick with the community other than creating their own "staff bubble"

profbananaslug January 22, 2017 at 4:01 AM UTC

essentially i think that the staff are way too "cliquey" , isolating them from the community. a possible solution would be to break up the staff into two groups that hate each other's guts. the groups can be assigned with a pseudo-random number generator when the staff are hired, and then the new staff member must be constantly hit with propaganda denouncing the other side. this way, the staff will get angry at each other and that'll humanize them in the community's eyes since they are having emotions like normal people. eventually, maybe even community members will take part in the staff feud, and then it can turn into a great community event with big matches between the two groups every so often.

kycrafft January 22, 2017 at 5:01 AM UTC

essentially i think that the staff are way too "cliquey" , isolating them from the community. a possible solution would be to break up the staff into two groups that hate each other's guts. the groups can be assigned with a pseudo-random number generator when the staff are hired, and then the new staff member must be constantly hit with propaganda denouncing the other side. this way, the staff will get angry at each other and that'll humanize them in the community's eyes since they are having emotions like normal people. eventually, maybe even community members will take part in the staff feud, and then it can turn into a great community event with big matches between the two groups every so often.
So tell me why donald trump got elected and you didn't

profbananaslug January 22, 2017 at 5:01 AM UTC

So tell me why donald trump got elected and you didn't
well technically i was not born in the us

kycrafft January 22, 2017 at 5:01 AM UTC

well technically i was not born in the us
neither was obama

profbananaslug January 22, 2017 at 5:01 AM UTC

neither was obama
unfortunately i can't play the race card, though

Myworld6 January 22, 2017 at 2:01 PM UTC

'this way, the staff will get angry at each other and that'll humanize them in the community's eyes since they are having emotions like normal people'.

Sure, just ignore the staff protest against Zac becoming TS dev, the annoyance at the seniors and admins for not doing anything to stop him, etc etc.

benaye January 22, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

'this way, the staff will get angry at each other and that'll humanize them in the community's eyes since they are having emotions like normal people'.

Sure, just ignore the staff protest against Zac becoming TS dev, the annoyance at the seniors and admins for not doing anything to stop him, etc etc.

Why stop someone expressing opinions?

Iron January 22, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

He's not stopping anyone from expressing their opinions, he is rebutting a point that was made.

Myworld6 January 22, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

Refer to Iron. What he is suggesting has happened time and time again. As a matter of fact, that Zac becoming TS dev drama divided the staff team.

benaye January 22, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

Oh I only paid attention to the part that no one stopped Zac. Sorry about that simple error.

profbananaslug January 22, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

oh excellent idea, if we bring back zac then we can split the staff without having to rely on arbitrary groups

Colecrc January 23, 2017 at 6:01 AM UTC

oh excellent idea, if we bring back zac then we can split the staff without having to rely on arbitrary groups
lets do it

Goodnighht January 23, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

The staff team is already split up. Seniors and Moderators. That's half the reason this post was made, because there is no communication between the community and the staff team. The problem is that there is no communication between the staff team. We are working to fix that problem, but without the communication factor, as bad as it is right now, you guys would have a lot more to complain about.

Myworld6 January 23, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

The staff team is already split up. Seniors and Moderators. That's half the reason this post was made, because there is no communication between the community and the staff team. The problem is that there is no communication between the staff team. We are working to fix that problem, but without the communication factor, as bad as it is right now, you guys would have a lot more to complain about.
I'm sorry that I have to say this, but the seniors and admins have been going on about improving communication within the staff team and between the staff team and the community for over a year now, and little has changed. If I'm honest, that was one of the reasons why I left the server, albeit a rather minor one in comparison to the others. =(

Goodnighht January 23, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

I'm sorry that I have to say this, but the seniors and admins have been going on about improving communication within the staff team and between the staff team and the community for over a year now, and little has changed. If I'm honest, that was one of the reasons why I left the server, albeit a rather minor one in comparison to the others. =(
But now we have PieZ as a Senior. ;p

But now we have PieZ as a Senior. ;p
Yes, because he's completely honest with his actions too. Regardless, he's only one senior. You have seven of those for a reason that only the Gods know, even though at least one of them is incredibly in-active.

Acceqted January 23, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

seniors are fine imo. They're active and decent and doing their job.

but mods need to start working together instead of going behind each others backs

seniors are fine imo. They're active and decent and doing their job.

but mods need to start working together instead of going behind each others backs
Arigenn?

Jahaj January 23, 2017 at 11:01 PM UTC

If you think its bad now you should have been here at the beginning of 2016. now that was some bad communication.

Myworld6 January 23, 2017 at 11:01 PM UTC

If you think its bad now you should have been here at the beginning of 2016. now that was some bad communication.
Agreed.

ImRaging January 27, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

was alright before some dumb promotions

srs, mods and admins got along fine at the end of 2015

Myworld6 January 27, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

I can confirm this.

joelous January 27, 2017 at 10:01 PM UTC

I don't really think internal communication is an issue anymore...

Iron January 28, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

wtf I thought I got senior last year but I didnt,

i can confirm that we were all pretty tight.