Avicus Archive

Any tips on getting rid of my lag? by Numberz_ June 28, 2015 at 10:06 PM UTC

Please help I can't get anymore than 5 fps in pvp fights and I'm sick of randies rekting me.

smitdaIt June 28, 2015 at 10:06 PM UTC

you should probably buy more 

Numberz_ June 28, 2015 at 10:06 PM UTC

you should probably buy more 
where?

on steam or something

owaityoumeantframespersecondoヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノsorryithoughtyoumeantfirstpersonshooter

PokerFace June 28, 2015 at 11:06 PM UTC

99, at this point, our computers can't get any faster. Time for an upgrade.

badgg June 28, 2015 at 11:06 PM UTC

Regedit

But, it is a dog move.

Numberz_ June 29, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

99, at this point, our computers can't get any faster. Time for an upgrade.
:/ I'm hopefully getting a new school computer, but I wanted to make this one run a bit longer. ;-;

Numberz_ June 29, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

Regedit

But, it is a dog move.
Eh, I don't know how to run that well enough. I'd probably mess something up.

Zintenka June 29, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

If you guys don't wish to buy new computers then buy components. Like CPU, Nvidia, more RAM... etc. Intel i7 CPU recommended.

Lag is also map based. Is the map too high from the void layer?

Also, did you accidentally set the max FPS to 10 or 20?

mr_penguin_12 June 29, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

How do you reduce lag spikes? :P

Dyspa June 29, 2015 at 1:06 AM UTC

Regedit

But, it is a dog move.
Regedit improves your latency, not your FPS.

kycrafft June 29, 2015 at 1:06 AM UTC

Reduce render distance, turn off clouds and set your particles to minimal or decreased. It looks crappier but at least it kills some lag.

Numberz_ June 29, 2015 at 1:06 AM UTC

If you guys don't wish to buy new computers then buy components. Like CPU, Nvidia, more RAM... etc. Intel i7 CPU recommended.

Nope, I have the fps set to 60, I lag on pretty much all the maps. Does the amount of players in a game effect it? Cause I get more lag in bigger games.

Numberz_ June 29, 2015 at 1:06 AM UTC

Reduce render distance, turn off clouds and set your particles to minimal or decreased. It looks crappier but at least it kills some lag.
Already did that a few months ago. :/

Zintenka June 29, 2015 at 2:06 AM UTC

Nope, I have the fps set to 60, I lag on pretty much all the maps. Does the amount of players in a game effect it? Cause I get more lag in bigger games.
Then try getting updated components in the 2010s. Getting 8GB of RAM is 79.99 in Staples and a graphics card and Intel i7 should be around that price range.
All together it might come out to 300-400 dollars compared to a computer with comparable stuff that costs $1000 dollars plus.

_Phyre June 29, 2015 at 2:06 AM UTC

i7 Recommended? Lol, you make me laugh
I7's are useful in Workstation and Streaming workloads, any i5 can take as much of a beating as an i7 can in gaming without barely any difference in performance, However, if you are doing media creation and streaming, the i7 will come in handy. 
Nvidia? Omfg... 1) You mean graphics card, 2) AMD makes really good GPU's as well...

OP: Really you can't do much about it, if its like a 3-4 year old laptop, it will definitely not run minecraft at a smooth framerate (Unless its a gaming notebook, in which case can still hold up).

If you're on a tight budget lets say $400, here's a PC that will run MC at 60+ fps, but won't do that hot for recording and other media creation:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/wrre/saved/zZR8TW

The APU will do just fine 120+ fps on minecraft at medium settings. At the most, this build will do for any game. Yes its an AMD APU, don't underestimate it... This runs BF4 at Medium settings and really good 30-40 fps, really playable (1080p). No Graphics card needed.
And if I were to chose an Athlon and a GPU, it would be worse and it would cost more :/

Savage: 
Hard Disk (Save $60)
OS (Save $90)
Total ($150 off the build)

So really, this is a really good performance for the money PC :)

But if you're looking for a beefier build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/wrre/saved/kjyBD3
(Again, savage an OS or HDD and save about $150)

PokerFace June 29, 2015 at 2:06 AM UTC

99 has a laptop btw.

Zintenka June 29, 2015 at 2:06 AM UTC

i7 Recommended? Lol, you make me laugh
I7's are useful in Workstation and Streaming workloads, any i5 can take as much of a beating as an i7 can in gaming without barely any difference in performance, However, if you are doing media creation and streaming, the i7 will come in handy. 
Nvidia? Omfg... 1) You mean graphics card, 2) AMD makes really good GPU's as well...

OP: Really you can't do much about it, if its like a 3-4 year old laptop, it will definitely not run minecraft at a smooth framerate (Unless its a gaming notebook, in which case can still hold up).

If you're on a tight budget lets say $400, here's a PC that will run MC at 60+ fps, but won't do that hot for recording and other media creation:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/wrre/saved/zZR8TW

The APU will do just fine 120+ fps on minecraft at medium settings. At the most, this build will do for any game. Yes its an AMD APU, don't underestimate it... This runs BF4 at Medium settings and really good 30-40 fps, really playable (1080p). No Graphics card needed.
And if I were to chose an Athlon and a GPU, it would be worse and it would cost more :/

Savage: 
Hard Disk (Save $60)
OS (Save $90)
Total ($150 off the build)

So really, this is a really good performance for the money PC :)

But if you're looking for a beefier build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/wrre/saved/kjyBD3
(Again, savage an OS or HDD and save about $150)
You have it wrong, there are many versions of i7 CPUs. 

I have an intel i7 870 with 2.93 Ghz out of 3.33Ghz. I can run minecraft just fine (Provided that a large crap load of TNT doesn't explode) and play Planetside 2 at medium fairly well. As well as most other games.

I have an Nvidia GPU. 

And I have 8GB of RAM

I can tell you from experience that AMD isnt as powerful as intel (Previously had a Toshiba laptop... ugh...). With the best intel i7 being the 4770k (From my knowledge).

_Phyre June 29, 2015 at 3:06 AM UTC

You have it wrong, there are many versions of i7 CPUs. 

I have an intel i7 870 with 2.93 Ghz out of 3.33Ghz. I can run minecraft just fine (Provided that a large crap load of TNT doesn't explode) and play Planetside 2 at medium fairly well. As well as most other games.

I have an Nvidia GPU. 

And I have 8GB of RAM

I can tell you from experience that AMD isnt as powerful as intel (Previously had a Toshiba laptop... ugh...). With the best intel i7 being the 4770k (From my knowledge).
There is no point of arguing, if you don't have enough knowledge.
Yes there are many versions of an i7, so there are i5's, i3's, Pentium's, Athlon's, AhtlonII's, FX-8350, 9590, 8320... SO MANY.

a laptop i5 can do just as much as a laptop i7 can, considering AMD also makes good processors that destroy intel in some ways.

Good that you have an Nvidia GPU.

Cool, 8GB of ram.

No no no no no.. So wrong. And the i7-4770k is shit compared to the most powerful Xeon-2699V3 @2.3GHz Per each core, having 18 CORES.... and 36 THREADS.

ProfessorUtonium June 29, 2015 at 3:06 AM UTC

close skype

Chief_Hacks June 29, 2015 at 3:06 AM UTC

This video really helped me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC8IWTB2h4s

Numberz_ June 29, 2015 at 4:06 AM UTC

Question if I want to add more ram to Minecraft how much can I?

Here is my laptop specs. Acer Aspire7750G RAM 5.98 GB

smitdalt June 29, 2015 at 4:06 AM UTC

Regedit

But, it is a dog move.
Regedit is latency not fps

Loo June 29, 2015 at 5:06 AM UTC

Question if I want to add more ram to Minecraft how much can I?

Here is my laptop specs. Acer Aspire7750G RAM 5.98 GB
Where it says "2" change it to the number of GB you want to allocate. Don't allocate all of it though, the rest of your computer also needs RAM. Allocating more than 2GB won't make a big difference anyway.

RightSide June 29, 2015 at 5:06 AM UTC

You guys are work about you don't need a I7 you need to get a balanced CPU and Graphics Becauae the cpu has to handle the Graphics cards information and if it can't because your Cpu isn't good enough to handle the Graohics data it will make the Graphics not perfrom at its best potential.

RightSide June 29, 2015 at 5:06 AM UTC

Where it says "2" change it to the number of GB you want to allocate. Don't allocate all of it though, the rest of your computer also needs RAM. Allocating more than 2GB won't make a big difference anyway.
You need 64Bit Java to perform this!

Zintenka June 29, 2015 at 6:06 AM UTC

There is no point of arguing, if you don't have enough knowledge.
Yes there are many versions of an i7, so there are i5's, i3's, Pentium's, Athlon's, AhtlonII's, FX-8350, 9590, 8320... SO MANY.

a laptop i5 can do just as much as a laptop i7 can, considering AMD also makes good processors that destroy intel in some ways.

Good that you have an Nvidia GPU.

Cool, 8GB of ram.

No no no no no.. So wrong. And the i7-4770k is shit compared to the most powerful Xeon-2699V3 @2.3GHz Per each core, having 18 CORES.... and 36 THREADS.
I do have enough knowledge, besides I figured that we weren't arguing. I thought we were two computer nuts who were debating?

For your info, I have a desktop not a laptop. And I for one can tell you that an i5 and an i7 laptop are not one in the same. 

My lil' bro has an HP pavillion laptop with an i5 and my older bro has a Lenovo with an i7. My older brother's laptop 
performs even better than my little brother's. With a screen rez of 1900x... something. 

As long as your CPU can play some great games at medium or high at +25 FPS and its fairly affordable then I think its worth it.

ImRaging June 29, 2015 at 6:06 AM UTC

My laptop runs minecraft at around 80+ on avicus. It's £400

Zintenka June 29, 2015 at 6:06 AM UTC

My laptop runs minecraft at around 80+ on avicus. It's £400
Specs?

badgg June 29, 2015 at 6:06 AM UTC

Regedit is latency not fps
Yes I know. I mis read the OP.

ImRaging June 29, 2015 at 6:06 AM UTC

Specs?
http://gyazo.com/aa097c874ec9e42e146a5c7b60bae5dd

Here's a link to it: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/toshiba-satellite-l50-b-235-15-6-laptop-whit...
When I say 80+, that's usually the lowest it ever goes on Avicus. On alot of maps, the Rendezvous series as an example, most of the time i get 100-130.

dilpickel June 29, 2015 at 6:06 AM UTC

Open task manager and kill the things that are taking up ram and upu.

_Phyre June 29, 2015 at 5:06 PM UTC

I do have enough knowledge, besides I figured that we weren't arguing. I thought we were two computer nuts who were debating?

For your info, I have a desktop not a laptop. And I for one can tell you that an i5 and an i7 laptop are not one in the same. 

My lil' bro has an HP pavillion laptop with an i5 and my older bro has a Lenovo with an i7. My older brother's laptop 
performs even better than my little brother's. With a screen rez of 1900x... something. 

As long as your CPU can play some great games at medium or high at +25 FPS and its fairly affordable then I think its worth it.
You still make 0 sense what so ever.
It doesn't matter what processor you have.
If you have the SAME rig, but you have an i5 in one, and an i7 in another. They will BOTH perform equally in games.
BUT NOT IN workstation loads.
I don't understand what you mean by "My older brother's laptop 
performs even better than my little brother's"

What tasks is he performing? Rendering, Editing videos?
Probably, because you would have the same performance with an i5 as you do with an i7. 

You never even mentioned a THING about their specs. Idk what GPU your brothers have, Idk how much Ram they both have, speed of it. Nothing.

SURE you can judge a PC by ALL of its components. Not by the CPU. I would be surprised if you can come up with another response for this other than telling PC specs of both, in which case, the laptop has a better GPU than the the desktop, that either has a bad GPU or No GPU at all.

Here's an example:
I have a laptop 2 laptops:

Intel i7-4720HQ @ 3.0Ghz
16GB RAM
GTX 970m 
225 Watt TDP for the whole system
Benchmarks:
 - Rendering in Sony Vegas: 34 seconds
 - Photoshop Rendering (1080p): 2 seconds
 - Crysis 1 @ 720p: 48 fps Average
 - Far Cry 4 @ 1080p: 62 fps Average
 - Bioshock Infinite @ 1080p:  49 fps Average
 - BF4 @ 1080p Medium: 40 fps Average

Intel i5-4500U @2.7GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 970m
200 Watt TDP for the whole system
Benchmarks:

- Rendering in Sony Vegas: 1m13s
 - Photoshop Rendering (1080p): 13 seconds
 - Crysis 1 @ 720p: 43 fps Average
 - Far Cry 4 @ 1080p: 57 fps Average
 - Bioshock Infinite @ 1080p:  50 fps Average
 - BF4 @ 1080p Medium: 36 fps Average

Zintenka June 29, 2015 at 7:06 PM UTC

If you have the SAME rig, but you have an i5 in one, and an i7 in another. They will BOTH perform equally in games.

Probably, because you would have the same performance with an i5 as you do with an i7. 

You never even mentioned a THING about their specs. Idk what GPU your brothers have, Idk how much Ram they both have, speed of it. Nothing.

SURE you can judge a PC by ALL of its components. Not by the CPU. I would be surprised if you can come up with another response for this other than telling PC specs of both, in which case, the laptop has a better GPU than the the desktop, that either has a bad GPU or No GPU at all.

Here's an example:

Intel i7-4720HQ @ 3.0Ghz
16GB RAM
GTX 970m 
Benchmarks:

Intel i5-4500U @2.7GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 970m
Benchmarks:

Anyone who understands standard english can understand that clearly im saying that my brother's laptop performs very good. 

And what operations does he need to perform? Clearly their gamers not youtubers or programers. They have laptops... unfortunately they have no GPU's... well actually I dont know about my older brother but not my little brother.

And bro, how are you telling me what performs equally and what doesn't perform equally in gaming... I live with two other people who have the two mentioned CPU's I've seen them play games and I've played games on their computers.

My little brother cannot play Planetside 2 for sh** but my older brother's can, quite nicely in fact. Besides, from this detail alone this can tell you that my older brother's laptop clearly outperforms my little brother's.

And from your laptop specs and with the different games, the i7 and the i5 do not compete equally with the i7 doing slightly better in gaming and killing the i5 in rendering. The point of the matter is that i7 is better and the i5 is not.

Now, I think we're going a bit off topic xD

Lucifist June 29, 2015 at 7:06 PM UTC

Here's an example:

Intel i7-4720HQ @ 3.0Ghz
16GB RAM
GTX 970m 
Benchmarks:

Intel i5-4500U @2.7GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 970m
Benchmarks:

Alright, both of you calm down. You aren't helping OP whatsoever and things are heating up. Just calm down, go do some Yoga, eat a nice organic meal and relax.

_Phyre June 29, 2015 at 7:06 PM UTC

Alright, both of you calm down. You aren't helping OP whatsoever and things are heating up. Just calm down, go do some Yoga, eat a nice organic meal and relax.
Just ate some crabs and I feel fat :P

OP: As Zintenka said way back, if you tried everything, basically you need a new computer / upgrade, otherwise there is no other way of fixing lag... m9

Numberz_ July 2, 2015 at 11:07 PM UTC

I added more RAM to my game and it lags more now. Any other easy to do tips?

Lance2000XD July 3, 2015 at 4:07 AM UTC

Don't get DDoSed or Backdoored

Synchrome July 4, 2015 at 2:07 AM UTC

Did you download optifine yet? Try downloading 64-bit java as well if you haven't yet.

smitdalt July 4, 2015 at 2:07 AM UTC

Fair warning about 64 bit java - Forge Mod Loader isn't compatible with it, so if you use any mods that use forge then MC won't start

steven5703 July 4, 2015 at 2:07 AM UTC

Fair warning about 64 bit java - Forge Mod Loader isn't compatible with it, so if you use any mods that use forge then MC won't start
Oh... thats why...

Numberz_ July 4, 2015 at 2:07 AM UTC

Did you download optifine yet? Try downloading 64-bit java as well if you haven't yet.
Yes I don't think I would get any fps without it.

FrozenSolstice July 4, 2015 at 12:07 PM UTC

Uhh. I just close all my browser windows and Skype, I still lag but much less considering how much it lags when everything is open.

Funny thing is this lag happened after the Omega Update, it used to run smoothly before. :/