Avicus Archive

A Tiny Suggestion: Kill Assists by paulna January 26, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

I'm not 100% positive where to make this thread so I'm putting it on "Off Topic"

This is a small suggestion having to do with kills and credits, as I've played Avicus throughout the years, pvping has always been fun, however trying to get a kill and then having it stolen by someone isn't very fun :( so here's my small suggestion... Also, I dont know if this has been suggested or talked about before so please let me know if it's been said.

Suggestion: Add " kill assists"

I'm sure it's self explanatory but here's a quick run down

Whenever you hit a player, but aren't the one that kills them, there should be an "Assist", so you, and anyone else that helped kill the player can get (half?) credits for helping kill the enemy. 

Also, If you hit a player but after a certain amount of time (s)he doesn't die, the assist goes away so you don't get credits for helping to kill them, that way no one taps every single enemy and just waits for other people to kill them.

I'm not sure what else to say about it, it's pretty simple to understand, this just helps even out fights and stuff IMO...

PS, Maybe the assists don't affect K/D stats??

Let me know what you guys think, opinions are welcomed!!!!!!!!

Okiba January 26, 2017 at 8:01 PM UTC

It could work, if they made it so you get like 1 credit when you deal 33% or less of the damage done, or you get 2 credits for dealing 34%-66% of the damage done. This could help with killstealing and leeching off of people :p

lactify January 26, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

+1

Great idea, especially for kill steals :p

KojaCola January 26, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

+1 This would be great!

Zintenka January 26, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

Awesome suggestion! I believe that credit distribution should be based off of who did the most damage.

If Player A did 85% of the damage then he gets the most of the credits and the person who helped gets less even though they did the last hit.

If Player A and Player B did approximately an equal amount of damage then they both get the kill or an assist even though either one may have actually did the last hit. (If a length of time has passed then whoever killed the player gets the kill instead)

I also believe that many factors should come into play as well:
These should all be factors.

profbananaslug January 26, 2017 at 10:01 PM UTC

Awesome suggestion! I believe that credit distribution should be based off of who did the most damage.

If Player A did 85% of the damage then he gets the most of the credits and the person who helped gets less even though they did the last hit.

If Player A and Player B did approximately an equal amount of damage then they both get the kill or an assist even though either one may have actually did the last hit. (If a length of time has passed then whoever killed the player gets the kill instead)

• Alpha: Person who hit the victim first. 10% of the credit distribution.
  •  DPS: Person who damaged the player most often. 30% of the credit distribution.
  • Damage: Person who did the most damage. 60% 0f the credit distribution.
  • Environmental: Whether shot in the void, exploded by TNT or was knocked off a high place. Just an addition factor. If added, it can account for 40% of the credit distribution and Damage accounts for 30%
can we have a system that you don't have to be a mathmagician to understand?

DaFrozenBlaze January 26, 2017 at 11:01 PM UTC

Has been suggested before
It's too unnecessarily complicated for what it does, not worth the time tbh

kycrafft January 26, 2017 at 11:01 PM UTC

• Alpha: Person who hit the victim first. 10% of the credit distribution.
  •  DPS: Person who damaged the player most often. 30% of the credit distribution.
  • Damage: Person who did the most damage. 60% 0f the credit distribution.
  • Environmental: Whether shot in the void, exploded by TNT or was knocked off a high place. Just an addition factor. If added, it can account for 40% of the credit distribution and Damage accounts for 30%
Keeping track of time and damage tags to this extent would probably be a bit stressful and complicated...

joelous January 27, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

It has been suggested before and it is quite an awesome proposal but it will unlikely happen. It would cause too much stress on the server. Just imagine tracking every single hit on the server, and the many different players - especially with the different conditions (see Zintenka's post)

paulna January 27, 2017 at 4:01 AM UTC

It has been suggested before and it is quite an awesome proposal but it will unlikely happen. It would cause too much stress on the server. Just imagine tracking every single hit on the server, and the many different players - especially with the different conditions (see Zintenka's post)
I suppose right now isn't the best time to add something like this, I really didn't pay much attention to the math and coding it would take, however it's still a suggestion and something I'd love to see on the server, :)

Zintenka January 27, 2017 at 4:01 AM UTC

Keeping track of time and damage tags to this extent would probably be a bit stressful and complicated...
But it can be done though and can potentially increase credit income as well as distribute it fairly.

Many games do this to avoid kill thieves. .

profbananaslug January 27, 2017 at 4:01 AM UTC

But it can be done though and can potentially increase credit income as well as distribute it fairly.

oh yes with the increased credit income maybe i can finally afford the down payment on a house exclamation point

Zintenka January 27, 2017 at 4:01 AM UTC

can we have a system that you don't have to be a mathmagician to understand?
It's easy to understand the percentages and the math is up to the developers, my friend.

EDIT: In response to your other comment, there's no reason to be sarcastic when no one here is fighting. I'm not gonna take a bite of your bait so you better pack up and go home before you get eaten by a shark.

kycrafft January 27, 2017 at 6:01 AM UTC

Yeah I understand that it helps distribute credits fairly, but as much as I want it (and I do want to have assists), I think it's simply not worth the effort to implement a system to fix fair distribution that should, theoretically, fix itself as more and more kills are made

profbananaslug January 27, 2017 at 6:01 AM UTC

It's easy to understand the percentages and the math is up to the developers, my friend.

EDIT: In response to your other comment, there's no reason to be sarcastic when no one here is fighting. I'm not gonna take a bite of your bait so you better pack up and go home before you get eaten by a shark.
so in this situation comma are you saying that i'm using myself as bait comma because otherwise how the hell would i get eaten by a shark question mark

also if there are any sharks comma bring it

kycrafft January 27, 2017 at 7:01 AM UTC

so in this situation comma are you saying that i'm using myself as bait comma because otherwise how the hell would i get eaten by a shark question mark

also if there are any sharks comma bring it

hasl January 27, 2017 at 7:01 AM UTC

Refer to Joel.

This was asked a year ago and a dev explained the database present records every kill, imagine how much stress it would add on top counting every single hit.

It's a great suggestion, just not feasible currently.

profbananaslug January 27, 2017 at 7:01 AM UTC

Rombeyy January 27, 2017 at 11:01 AM UTC

+1 but I'm pretty sure that it's not going to happen since it's a rlly hard thing to do and the server ( I think ) I would lag so idk about this sugg but I like it ^^

Lasuz January 27, 2017 at 9:01 PM UTC

Has been suggested before
It's too unnecessarily complicated for what it does, not worth the time tbh
^^

Zintenka January 28, 2017 at 8:01 AM UTC

Refer to Joel.

This was asked a year ago and a dev explained the database present records every kill, imagine how much stress it would add on top counting every single hit.

It's a great suggestion, just not feasible currently.
Ah, yes I see...