Avicus Archive

I think a Factions... by XtraMajestical January 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

I think a Factions server on Avicus would be such a good idea. At the moment we have no server that's like survival type game mode. In survival type i mean have your own house ,have stuff and all sorts! I believe the Avicus Network guys are easily capable of this and it would make this server so cool! Also some where you can hang around with no real game objective and chat while gathering resources say? Is this a good idea? Also a place to show off your buildings and your skills or what ever you would like. All in all is this a good idea comment if you think this is a good idea>
-If you do read this please dont yell at but hope you understand this type of concept!
--Thanks 7788james

BoldAndBrash January 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

Factions*

And no, factions has god awful communities. I don't want Noahcraft fans infesting this place, no offense.

XtraMajestical January 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

lol just realized

Legoche January 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

No... I hate factions, and there would be to much grief.

Glitchaye January 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

No... I hate factions, and there would be to much grief.
Griefing is kinda the point of factions :/

But I'd love to see factions, I enjoy it with friends.

StewieFG January 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

Me too, But hey. not on Avicus..

BoldAndBrash January 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

thing is, the community will turn to trash

factions has awful people..Scammers, hackusaters, etc

XtraMajestical January 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

OK i see

HentieSenpai January 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

Lol? 
The funny thing is every community is bad. You can't really find a big server without a hacker or rule breakers.
I know this Avicus community isn't that bad, but when people say it's the best and really good, just image those people to hack,  swear, bully, or be rude. Everyone sees them everywhere.

Factions would either make a better community or worse, there's pros and cons towards it.. uhh let's see
allies/faction members= friendship 

If a faction destroys another faction , the destroyed faction could hate the attacker.

edit: Ranks would actually mean  something in factions because of perks.

MLGtino January 21, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

You forgot ddosers.

BoldAndBrash January 21, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Lol? 
The funny thing is every community is bad. You can't really find a big server without a hacker or rule breakers.
I know this Avicus community isn't that bad, but when people say it's the best and really good, just image those people to hack,  swear, bully, or be rude. Everyone sees them everywhere.

Factions would either make a better community or worse, there's pros and cons towards it.. uhh let's see

If a faction destroys another faction , the destroyed faction could hate the attacker.

The last few words made me cringe...

Perks? Ye, cuz people who give some money should get full diamond armour with protetion 10 when non donors get leather armour. xd Just what i think

IcyCode January 21, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Like to bring to your attention the Avicus Homepage. We have the tagline: "A minecraft network providing you with the minigames you love and a community you'll love even more!" Factions isn't really a minigame, doesnt really fit into our category.

c4ooo January 21, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Probably not factions, but some sort of survival (with anti grief plugins) woud be nice.

Trexychan January 21, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Yea, I hate factions. Every time I play on a factions server, my base gets raided by x-rayers and yea...

Plus, some of my worst minecraft experiences stem from those. So no, I dislike every concept of 'factions' on avicus.

toketrain January 21, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

i would love a better area to hang out in than a hub, maybe a survival world without griefing that players can hang out in and build with each other. would actually grow the community and strengthen it rather than screw it up like a factions world would.

also +1000 to dabader's comment:
"Perks? Ye, cuz people who give some money should get full diamond armour with protetion 10 when non donors get leather armour. xd Just what i think"

people who have money shouldn't be given more power just because they have money, while people who don't have money and are poor in real life don't ever get that kind of stuff.

Hola January 21, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

Perks? Ye, cuz people who give some money should get full diamond armour with protetion 10 when non donors get leather armour. xd Just what i think
Ever played HCF?

HentieSenpai January 21, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

i would love a better area to hang out in than a hub, maybe a survival world without griefing that players can hang out in and build with each other. would actually grow the community and strengthen it rather than screw it up like a factions world would.

also +1000 to dabader's comment:
"Perks? Ye, cuz people who give some money should get full diamond armour with protetion 10 when non donors get leather armour. xd Just what i think"

people who have money shouldn't be given more power just because they have money, while people who don't have money and are poor in real life don't ever get that kind of stuff.
It's more like saying "thanks for donating" and the kits should be placed on what normal players can get, such as emerald rank players having a kit that had diamond armor, protection 1 which isn't as op.
And honestly it's not that hard to get either.

I don't appreciate "pay to win" things, but its better than donating and getting nothing. Plus it can be set really weak, like better tools not always armor. 
 Plus there's also something called sharing, friends or generous players can share their stuff :^)

SavageAmericans January 21, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

I don't think we should have factions because like subzero said "A minecraft network providing you with the minigames you love and a community you'll love even more!"
I do think it would be intersting to add a survival type game into Avicus. Let's just wait to see what the winter update brings.

RightSide January 21, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

People will grief and attractions bad community like someone said!

kycrafft January 21, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

Faction servers give donators a big benefit, yes, but in the end it is usually easy to get P4, god apples, ect in Faction if you know what you are doing. Yes the community is trash, but what did you expect from the gamemode. To be honest, factions is one of the best gamemodes in minecraft, but it's how servers attempt to incorperate it is where it fails. No offense but I don't see Avicus factions being very good. There are a lot of different plugins, rules and commands that can make or break factions.

Rainstruck January 21, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

I wasn't thinking factions but maybe clans for like all of the gamemodes? So you could keep track of like who is in what group.

Fouled January 21, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

There used to be factions on here, as it was called "Volmaria". I think the reason it was taken out is because barely no one played it. Meaning most times, there were about 3-5 players online. The same type of situation might occur, and no one would play it (most likely). If i'm wrong, correct me please.

IviFetita January 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

There used to be factions on here, as it was called "Volmaria". I think the reason it was taken out is because barely no one played it. Meaning most times, there were about 3-5 players online. The same type of situation might occur, and no one would play it (most likely). If i'm wrong, correct me please.
There weren't 3-5 players online. There was NO ONE online. Exact point.

Da_Baus January 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

Donors wouldn't get protect 10 it would only be like p1 -p3 and in factions it is very easy to get diamond. Gold p1 emerald p2 diamond p3

HentieSenpai January 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

That time and this time is different, since it wasn't literally factions then I see why it wasn't popular.  

-I help servers sometimes there was a faction server that I set like this= since not everyone can afford ranks, I set it so that people can use in-game money to upgrade into a donor rank, for that one server.

Spartemex January 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

Avicus is a PvP minigame server. I dont think Factions would fit.

kycrafft January 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

That time and this time is different, since it wasn't literally factions then I see why it wasn't popular.  

-I help servers sometimes there was a faction server that I set like this= since not everyone can afford ranks, I set it so that people can use in-game money to upgrade into a donor rank, for that one server.
There was a servers do played on where people could vote enough times per month for buy craft vouchers.

Tarheelkiwi January 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!

JJTheGuy January 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!
+1 Can't wait for Survival Games to be added soon.

And even though I love factions... Hackers take the fun away.

kycrafft January 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

+1 Can't wait for Survival Games to be added soon.

And even though I love factions... Hackers take the fun away.
There are always hackers, m8

JJTheGuy January 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

There are always hackers, m8
Yeah, but Avi is good at dealing with them. And what with all these new, smart people possibly becoming Jr. Mod... You never know.

toketrain January 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

some sort of tournament with sg that lasts a couple weeks might be awesome, actually. here's what i mean:
a survival games tournament starts out just like any other sg game would. building is turned on (maybe) but pvp isn't. the map is huge, not quite a full minecraft map though, restricted by a smaller world border from 1.8. the map would be large enough that players could build their own fortresses and create large teams, etc. this would last a very long time because the map should be large enough so that people can go far out of spawn to build their bases. during the time it goes on, you could log on to the map whenever you want and spectate or, if you're in it, play. it'd be cool if people could join only within 2 days of it starting, otherwise player amounts would build up and people would just have to keep going around killing all the new players. (plus it wouldn't be fair). there could be a new seed every time and community members and map devs could volunteer to go out into the seed and build little structures/chests/etc and then it could all get checked by the map devs to make sure the gameplay/aesthetics are ok.
a whole world that is static and never changes and is factions would maybe break up the community, but this would be so amazing...

Emmaye January 21, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

I'd like to see factions if it comes :D

ViolentBoo January 21, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

lol no.

BourbonBonobo January 22, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

Please no.....

_Gill January 22, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

I think it'd be good because it would greatly expand the player base on Avicus. It would bring in a completely different group of users, which could be a good thing for Avicus. Its what we need to grow and expand. The only downside would be the community, and I believe that the staff are capable of having a tight leash on the subject manner. Also, I doubt donors would be given anything over-powered (kinda against EULA).

cinammoncroc000 January 22, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

I've seen this idea been brought up several times.

Honestly, I don't want to see factions on Avicus. I came to Avicus because of the mini games that revolved around a single concept, (breaking monuments, getting kills, etc.) and that idea kept me here. I don't think factions would really fit into a server like Avicus.

Also because of the fact that I flat out don't like factions... ;3

Puysegur January 22, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

Factions is different from plain survival right? I've never been able to find a server that just lets people play in a game like single player survival but with people to interact with. I would love that if it could be done

Porkyyy January 22, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

I don't like the idea of factions.

TheMasterClock January 22, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

If Factions and Avicus were right in front of each other, Avicus will walk away. See if factions is added on Avicus, the community is over. Right now Avicus is a wonderful community but when there's factions everyone would be rude, not polite and there will be lots of hackusations. I know factions is pretty fun but we don't want Avicus to have it.

kycrafft January 22, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

If Factions and Avicus were right in front of each other, Avicus will walk away. See if factions is added on Avicus, the community is over. Right now Avicus is a wonderful community but when there's factions everyone would be rude, not polite and there will be lots of hackusations. I know factions is pretty fun but we don't want Avicus to have it.
The in-game community isn't the greatest already, m8.

OPTOBAT January 22, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

For factions:
Some form of survival
Independent gameplay
Popular gamemode (attracts people)
Adds variety to server
Friends/Community can team up
Would be the first/only long version game on the server
ANYONE can play it (can't be one particular winner/OP player)
Against:
With all the plugins, add-ons, etc. would cause A LOT of early lag
May form enemies/poor sportsmanship
May diminish other gamemode populations
Griefing, broken trust, betrayal, etc.

Overall, i think the benefits of adding factions slightly outweighs the detriments (bad possibilities) and may work, but a lot of the factors of adding it include rolling the dice on whether it will turn out a success or not..Therefore my conclusion is that i don't really care if we add it or not XD
Have a good one yo!

Doppelganger_ January 22, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

It's more like saying "thanks for donating" and the kits should be placed on what normal players can get, such as emerald rank players having a kit that had diamond armor, protection 1 which isn't as op.
And honestly it's not that hard to get either.

I don't appreciate "pay to win" things, but its better than donating and getting nothing. Plus it can be set really weak, like better tools not always armor. 
 Plus there's also something called sharing, friends or generous players can share their stuff :^)
You aren't supposed to donate because of the perks you donate because you love the server and want to keep it running. If you donate for the perks you are doing for the wrong intentions entirely.

Thomas_Shoes January 22, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

You aren't supposed to donate because of the perks you donate because you love the server and want to keep it running. If you donate for the perks you are doing for the wrong intentions entirely.
Uh, I disagree in some cases yes to help out the server.  

But, if I were to donate it would be 80% for the perks 20% to help the server out

HentieSenpai January 22, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

That's funny. If got were able to buy a perk to op yourself then you would buy it. Well if you were able to.

donating isn't always because they love the server. Some people donate for extra stuff. Here's a question, why do kids buy candy? For their own pleasure, because they want it. They don't need it but they want it. Same goes to donating. (Not always, but it doesn't mean it's wrong)

also I'd like to add just because the community turns bad doesn't mean faction is bad, it's a video game to have fun, so technically a game mode not a real life city. But yeah I won't disagree that a bad community is bad.

JKawesome January 22, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

This is why I don't like to call it donating. You're buying premium ranks at a virtual shop, not donating money.

Doppelganger_ January 22, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

That's funny. If got were able to buy a perk to op yourself then you would buy it. Well if you were able to.

donating isn't always because they love the server. Some people donate for extra stuff. Here's a question, why do kids buy candy? For their own pleasure, because they want it. They don't need it but they want it. Same goes to donating. (Not always, but it doesn't mean it's wrong)

also I'd like to add just because the community turns bad doesn't mean faction is bad, it's a video game to have fun, so technically a game mode not a real life city. But yeah I won't disagree that a bad community is bad.
How is candy and donating related that made no sense.

Also I that is what donating should be about and why you should donate not why some people donate.

Also if the community goes into ruins the fun for a lot of people will be gone as the community is part of the fun or in my case most of the fun. Minecraft Factions is stale,over done and does not suit avicus.

_Stormz January 22, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

Please stay on topic, guys. 

Anyway, I wouldn't want a factions server here. An increased number of hackers may come on. Hacks such as Xray would be more rampant.

Uh, I disagree in some cases yes to help out the server.  

But, if I were to donate it would be 80% for the perks 20% to help the server out
Again. You are bringing your own subjective opinion into this why I would donate. I'm saying why you should donate.

For factions:
Some form of survival
Independent gameplay
Adds variety to server
Against:

Overall, i think the benefits of adding factions slightly outweighs the detriments (bad possibilities) and may work, but a lot of the factors of adding it include rolling the dice on whether it will turn out a success or not..Therefore my conclusion is that i don't really care if we add it or not XD
Have a good one yo!
You can't count numerically in this kind of way as some things should have more weight than others. All the cons are very serious and would be a huge detriment to the community.

OPTOBAT January 22, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

You can't count numerically in this kind of way as some things should have more weight than others. All the cons are very serious and would be a huge detriment to the community.
which is why i stated that in the end i don't really care if it is added or not :)

Y0urm0m1 January 22, 2015 at 7:01 AM UTC

-1. adding factions is uncesary and a bit clishe imo. Also, unless you want nebula to be not fun and lonely, factions should not be implemented. It will only do more harm than good because it will only disperse the players more, thus having less people on each gamemode. If avicus had a bigger player base, maybe but even so, i wouldnt consider factions

hasl January 22, 2015 at 7:01 AM UTC

Factions, is a gamemode where you can talk to each other freely, instead of running for a monument, or taking control of the hill. It could be a really non-op factions, and all the Premium ranks, don't get a lot better gear. It would be a great idea to expand Avicus, and bring in more players, to the the classic, favourite gamemode with a signature line up of all the Avicus gamemodes. I would definately play it if it was to come.

RightSide January 22, 2015 at 7:01 AM UTC

Please stay on topic, guys. 

Anyway, I wouldn't want a factions server here. An increased number of hackers may come on. Hacks such as Xray would be more rampant.
Yes that happens on many other server but maybe there could be a plug in which allows you to protect your house

Emmaye January 22, 2015 at 12:01 PM UTC

Yes that happens on many other server but maybe there could be a plug in which allows you to protect your house
Having too many plugins can make the server lag too...

Mooch24 January 22, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

nobody wants to play some fairy-ta-ta land factions where everyone gives each others flowers and shares a nice cup o tea.

if you're not ruining someones day on factions, you're doing something wrong.

FrostedCupcakez January 22, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

I have to say :/ I used to enjoy factions a lot, and it's quite fun really.. But I don't think it's a great idea for Avicus to have it, it could cause a lot of bad relationships and some hate in the community.. As well as drama.. But yeah.

Out2Kill January 23, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

Factions involves hacker and ddosers. 

Also friends may become enemies and thats weely bad :/

Da_Baus January 23, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

For factions:
Some form of survival
Independent gameplay
Adds variety to server
Against:

Have a good one yo!
What if the facs were members from your clan?

XtraMajestical February 5, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

See where you guys are coming from. lol never thought of all these reasons

Shoto_ February 6, 2015 at 2:02 AM UTC

Honestly, factions shouldn't be on Avicus because of the lag from TnT, etc, but I know a really fun server that we can all play on, Skype me if you want the IP (HoboMaddy)

owenredeyedsquid February 6, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

scammers are not bad people and avicus allrey full of hackers has

smitdalt February 6, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

I totally agree!!!! I love when people try to get me to click on keyloggers and scam me out of money!!!!! Scammers are awesome people!1!1!!1

BoldAndBrash February 6, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

i know youre a troll and all, but still..

people who try and get your credit card number are bad people :)

Stimulating February 7, 2015 at 1:02 AM UTC

Lol? 

Umm yea, no thanks, I don't want all the regs from factions, as then we get, for the most part, douchey regs. Then our regulars and in-game players are annoying. Plus I don't think Factions would really work with Avicus' style anyways

kycrafft February 7, 2015 at 2:02 AM UTC

Factions involves hacker and ddosers. 

Also friends may become enemies and thats weely bad :/
Avicus has those already.