Avicus Archive

Ideas on what to do when temp-banned? by GrantInPhoenix May 24, 2015 at 3:05 PM UTC

Toby here, and im here to ask for some ideas on what can i do while im/you are temp-banned
on servers, yesterday i was temp-banned cuz of inappropriate language in chat, and the temp-ban's time
has been up, but i recently just found out i was temp-banned again for scamming players w/ the
infamous alt + f4 dirty trick.

This post isn't an appeal nor meant to flame the server's staff or anyone, ill be honest and i did
do this and legendaryengram took it upon himself to temp-ban me for 2 weeks (something like that
upto june 3), and i do not blame him for this since i've publicly tried this b4 alrdy on some ppl so
yeah 

(back to what i want to actually say for the title)

since im gonna be temp-banned for a week or so, i need your guys help in giving me ideas in
spending my time while im temporarily banned from Avicus, i already have pre-plans incase like
the usual

-Watch Youtube/Youtubers i like
-Watch TV/ Movies
-Go play outside or do some other activity
-Hangout on another server
- etc. etc.

ive got alot more but i/we need more ideas and maybe even more specific ideas like
"why not go watch this movie i think you'll like" or something along those lines
and just for safe measure, i will not be hopping on the server w/ an Alt just so i dont
want to have a higher risk of having both accounts perm-banned/ip-banned and im not sure if its actually
allowed but i wont try just incase that i wont walk into a minefield.

So this post is not just for me but for those other people who have limited ideas and thoughts on
what they can do besides appealing a ban or doing some house work/chores or attenting school/
homework, etc. etc.

Leave your suggestions, comments, and ideas down below, please no hate on me or to anyone in
the staff!

resepignev May 24, 2015 at 3:05 PM UTC

Play on other servers or do something outside.

Vobaseball12 May 24, 2015 at 4:05 PM UTC

Ban evading is not allowed. I do not suggest you try that if you still want to play on Avicus.

GrantInPhoenix May 24, 2015 at 4:05 PM UTC

Ban evading is not allowed. I do not suggest you try that if you still want to play on Avicus.
i do want to play on Avicus

on June 3 xD

Robin_DD_J May 24, 2015 at 5:05 PM UTC

I usually find another game, like tf2 or terraria

Mehrp May 24, 2015 at 5:05 PM UTC

Build a map? Thats what i did. You could also practise stuff

MLGtino May 24, 2015 at 5:05 PM UTC

Exercise.

Sevoo May 24, 2015 at 5:05 PM UTC

Tbh why do you break rules?

Make a resource pack, encourages creativity and still has something to do with the game. Plus, you'll get a custom look and exactly to your liking.

Oraporo May 24, 2015 at 6:05 PM UTC

Exercise

UmbreonMessiah May 24, 2015 at 6:05 PM UTC

I quite like the build a map idea. Then you can still be doing something for Avicus, I'll forgive you. Infact, just recently made a post about not liking the exact treachery you did! :3

GrantInPhoenix May 25, 2015 at 6:05 AM UTC

I quite like the build a map idea. Then you can still be doing something for Avicus, I'll forgive you. Infact, just recently made a post about not liking the exact treachery you did! :3
<3 and if i knew how to use World Edit and Vorpel Sniper i would, and if i had both as well xP

UmbreonMessiah May 25, 2015 at 6:05 AM UTC

Could be hardcore like me and go freestyle. I've made two maps like that. One sucked, the other, not sure yet :p

Subscriptor May 25, 2015 at 6:05 AM UTC

Go watch  youtubers you like.

GrantInPhoenix May 25, 2015 at 7:05 AM UTC

Just get a life
wrong number :P

Could be hardcore like me and go freestyle. I've made two maps like that. One sucked, the other, not sure yet :p
well i did make this one map, its my Pack World where i showcase/test Custom TexturePacks
and Default Edits, heres a screenshot and download if you wanna try it, its only compatible
for 1.7+ cuz in 1.8 it messes up the villagers that i had placed to stand still (kinda like the villagers
you do for a shop in a server)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uij52iuuy1n934a/Terra%27s%20Pack%20World.zip?dl=0

Petlas May 25, 2015 at 7:05 AM UTC

When I got tempbanned a year ago for team spleefing, I went and spoke to my family.

They seem like nice people.

Eteh May 25, 2015 at 7:05 AM UTC

I suggest you to move this post to "Avicus Lounge" or "Off Topic"

When I got tempbanned a year ago for team spleefing, I went and spoke to my family.

how did you get mod if you were tempbanned? :O just asking out of curiousity

I suggest you to move this post to "Avicus Lounge" or "Off Topic"
Cheers for pointing it out.

Topic moved to 'Off Topic'.

how did you get mod if you were tempbanned? :O just asking out of curiousity
Its an old ban, so it doesn't have any affect on me at the current moment/didn't have much affect when I applied for mod. ^-^

Dyspa May 25, 2015 at 4:05 PM UTC

Its an old ban, so it doesn't have any affect on me at the current moment/didn't have much affect when I applied for mod. ^-^
It doesn't matter if an infraction is old or new, that won't affect your chances of getting the trial at all, however, if you have a lot of infractions related to immaturity, etc, then that might change the senior's point of view about you. But.. that's not the case here cause you have some good roots with the community :')

pope_panda May 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

It doesn't matter if an infraction is old or new, that won't affect your chances of getting the trial at all, however, if you have a lot of infractions related to immaturity, etc, then that might change the senior's point of view about you. But.. that's not the case here cause you have some good roots with the community :')
what about if you hack the server and give yourself admin, does that affect it?

kycrafft May 25, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

what about if you hack the server and give yourself admin, does that affect it?
Lance2000XD has Jr. Mod...

pope_panda May 25, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Lance2000XD has Jr. Mod...
i know

kycrafft May 25, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

i know
Then you question is answered :P :P :P

But seriously, you can't get mod if you are banned, so hacking in admin will probably screw up your chances at getting legitimenity promoted

FalseBan May 25, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

A good one for starters is to behave like a normal person should.

smitdalt May 26, 2015 at 3:05 PM UTC

Make a resource pack, encourages creativity and still has something to do with the game. Plus, you'll get a custom look and exactly to your liking.

NICE INFRACTION PAGE BUD

hippocrite detected

GrantInPhoenix May 26, 2015 at 6:05 PM UTC

NICE INFRACTION PAGE BUD

hippocrite detected
Having a clean record isn't as easy as taking a shower in your own nature and the nature around you

Sevoo May 26, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

NICE INFRACTION PAGE BUD

hippocrite detected
Tbh Ik I have a lot of infractions, but Ive been trying to stop. Also, he has lots more infractions for a player thats played 3 days. And fyi, the receny infractions ive been getting are false.

Lol, why you hatin?

Hazzmanz June 4, 2015 at 8:06 AM UTC

I got banned because of my name and i have changed it now and im still banned, anyone know how to contact avicus?

Atdit June 4, 2015 at 8:06 AM UTC

Wow alt + f4

You're a noob

voidloop June 4, 2015 at 9:06 AM UTC

Build a map? Thats what i did. You could also practise stuff
*WE*

Petlas June 4, 2015 at 9:06 AM UTC

I got banned because of my name and i have changed it now and im still banned, anyone know how to contact avicus?
You can appeal your infraction by making a new thread here: https://avicus.net/forums?topic_id=50

Aerosmith June 4, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

On my old account I had two tempbans for teamspleefing. Get on my level Petlas XD

Petlas June 4, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

On my old account I had two tempbans for teamspleefing. Get on my level Petlas XD
1v1 me teamsplee-

wait no

Allen_Iverson June 4, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

I think I got the best tempban around

DaGoldBrick June 4, 2015 at 10:06 PM UTC

Get an alt list, ban evade until they can't do anything but unban your main.