Avicus Archive

How to hide your IP from Skype Resolvers! by AtditC October 12, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

Hi everyone.

We all know there are some people threatening with ".... or/I'll dos you!".
We all know you'll get banned when you make threats or if you really dos someone.
Many of us know, how to get an IP address fast.

Through Skype security vulnerabilities.

In this topic, I want to explain you how to "hide" your IP address, when using skype, from "Skype IP Resolvers" and other users!
You can now show your skype name in your profile, without being scared of getting a ddos-attack :)

To fix this problem, we will have to ask "What is a skype ip resolver and how does it get my IP address?
Here's the answer. Skype uses direct connections to your skype contacts, to connect faster. Direct connections means, you connect to another computer directly with your own IP address, which will make it visible for everyone who connects to you using Skype! Skype IP-Resolvers use this security vulnerability to "resolve" your IP-address out of your username. It means you basically can get each IP only with having a username. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: It will only work if you make this change on each device you are using to connect to your skype account!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is how to fix it!

PC:

1.) Open Skype
2.) after logging in, click on "Tools", then "Options..." OR press the CTRL and the , key together (Windows users only)
3.) go to "Advanced"
4.) click on "Connection", it will be under "Advanced"
5.) disable "Allow direct connections to your contacts only."
6.) disable "Enable uPnP" if you don't know what it is, or if you don't need it.
7.) Click on "Save" and confirm the dialog
8.) WINDOWS: right click the skype on your task bar and click on "Quit Skype", confirm it. (I don't know how to restart skype on other OS'es so if you don't know too, simply restart the computer.

iOS: (used version: 6.3.0.211)

1.) Open Skype
2.) click on "My info" (right side)
3.) click on "Settings"
4.) scroll down to "Advanced" and click it
5.) enable "Direct connections only" (It might already be enabled)

Android:

<coming soon>

If you have any more questions about that, ask :P

P.S If I have any grammar mistakes, I apologize. I'm not the best in english

EDIT: If you still don't know how, here is a good tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYqs1zf-JEU

Rainstruck October 12, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

Cheers m8!

Legoche October 12, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

Seems I already disabled it...

Thanks anyway <3

zero9178 October 12, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

yes now Remy can't threaten me anymore !!111

Tazz October 12, 2015 at 3:10 PM UTC

Add the fact that if you log in from a mobile or other device, your IP is able to be resolved.

RIP_Avicus October 12, 2015 at 3:10 PM UTC

Rip Merp xD

Capenage October 12, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

Is this also possible for mac users?

Wahiz October 12, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

Haha I can't be added to your "to do d dos list.txt" xddd

AtditC October 12, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

Is this also possible for mac users?
The steps are the same, but I didn't test it since I don't have a mac :P

AtditC October 12, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

Haha I can't be added to your "to do d dos list.txt" xddd
There are other ways to get IP-addresses than only using skype resolvers :P

BTW It's called to-ddos-list.txt

smitdalt October 12, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

I literally don't care if people have my ip lol everyone has like 5 dollar booters that can only hit you off for 2 minutes.

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA October 13, 2015 at 2:10 AM UTC

there are easier ways than skype to get your ip

smitdalt October 13, 2015 at 3:10 AM UTC

Well most kids with free booters only know how to enter a username then copy paste an IP and press a button

AtditC October 13, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

Demonstrate it and get my ip :p send the first 2 or 3 numbers if it's really easier than skype lol

DaFrozenBlaze October 13, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

Demonstrate it and get my ip :p send the first 2 or 3 numbers if it's really easier than skype lol
inb4 ddos

Anyway thanks for sharing, hope it works.

FrozenThorn November 7, 2015 at 11:11 PM UTC

Done, thank you Atdit!

ImRaging November 7, 2015 at 11:11 PM UTC

Thanks Atdit

FrozenThorn November 7, 2015 at 11:11 PM UTC

**Everyone please pay attention to this post it is crucial in protecting you and your personal information.**