Avicus Archive

Texture Pack Ideas by twopump April 30, 2017 at 7:04 PM UTC

Hey! So as some of you guys know I have been working on a texture pack for the last few weeks, but I have gotten to the point idk what blocks, textures I should put on my "priority list" which means like what blocks I should work on first. This is the info I neeed to know:

- Laggiest blocks (fps wise, such as leaves and large amounts of water/lava and tnt, but I need more blocks to do)
- Frequently used blocks (such as wood, glass, or any block that is used on maps in your inventory and on the actual maps)
- special requests? (I have done the actual item inventory, but if you guys have favorite blocks I might be able to squeeze you guys in somehow. After all, this IS a community pack)

Notes:
- It is a 16x16 Pack meant to cater towards Avicus gameplay and to help out those with doodoo PC's
- It is NOT one of those packs that have only clear glass and then call themselves an FPS Pack, The glass is mostly clear but you will be able to see it clearly
- This pack is multi-functional, so you can use it on practice servers as well as on Avicus
- Low fire (because default fire SUCKS, cant see anything)
- all original textures
- For those who would like it, I can send the file through discord if anyone wants to test and give feedback. I will not be making an offical download until I see that I put 100% into it and that the community likes it.
(PS: If I see this pack being a decent success, I will continue making more packs with a theme, my only requirement is that you give me as much info as possible in what you want in it. That includes if it is team- oriented, if it is fps friendly or HD, if you want me to edit a pack (it isn't hard you guys could do it yourselves tbh) or it you want it to be a private pack special for you)

poofywoo May 1, 2017 at 4:05 AM UTC

Short swords,

Bow Indicators,

smooth stone

clear water 

highlighted ores.

im hyped good luck, these are my typical pvp preferences

keller183 May 1, 2017 at 5:05 PM UTC

a custom lang file, sounds, and fonts are something i always add to packs, highlighted ores, short swords,  add a feather to the bow, partially clear gui, please make the swords match xdd i hate when people mishmatch swords, and edited particles and icons/hot bar textures

twopump May 2, 2017 at 7:05 PM UTC

Ok thanks! I will make sure to keep these in mind. 

- as for short sword, I have already finished the sword and with the way I have it, a shorter sword will kind of make it look weird.
- Clear water I will definitely do
- highlighted ores I will get to asap
- as for custom lang, sounds, and fonts, I am keeping those default (changing them to a brighter color though, or at least one that looks better)
- feather on the bow is possible if I have time after doing all the huge things
- clear gui is a must
- particles I can try to do, but it wont be a huge priority
- icons/hotbar textures I will get to

SamuelJacob9 May 3, 2017 at 7:05 AM UTC

Bright gapples, transparent inventory

ytilauxesomoh May 3, 2017 at 8:05 PM UTC

Ill test if you want InLoc#1596

twopump May 3, 2017 at 10:05 PM UTC

Bright gapples, transparent inventory
i already got the bright gapples lol as for clear inventory, its an fps pack so it will have that

twopump May 3, 2017 at 10:05 PM UTC

Ill test if you want InLoc#1596
I will have you test when i get the blocks done, the gui and stuff with be tested by me

gyalchester May 4, 2017 at 11:05 AM UTC

which hitmarker/cursor thingy are you using? 

also i would be happy to test it

twopump May 5, 2017 at 3:05 AM UTC

the little crosshairs that show where you are aiming? I think im either gonna change it to a light blue so it shows more, or making it look nice with a small design

twopump May 5, 2017 at 3:05 AM UTC

the little crosshairs that show where you are aiming? I think im either gonna change it to a light blue so it shows more, or making it look nice with a small design

gyalchester May 5, 2017 at 7:05 AM UTC

possibly make it almost a circle if you have seen those? i have also seen another design which it was a small flower shape which was pretty cool... try and make it unique i guess

twopump May 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM UTC

possibly make it almost a circle if you have seen those? i have also seen another design which it was a small flower shape which was pretty cool... try and make it unique i guess
Ik a lot of packs that use circles, but since im different im using an isosceles triangle ;) or maybe something kinda simple but cool at the same time

twopump May 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM UTC

NOTE: I am in the "extensive testing" phase rn, so far my awesome testers are:
Squiddie
Memeolion
PacketofCrisps
Me
Mr Pack Expert (you know who you are, if not it is Input)
Romanticized
interstates/emommy
King Cammy (ik i have yet to send you the pack but with this version I will)
----------- If you would like to be a tester, PM me via Discord and lemme know! Keep in mind it is an FPS pack so make sure whatever you suggest is not laggy, so far it is a WinRAR download but in the end product it will be open to those who dont want WinRAR----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates done so far:
Items- 100% (accepting changes)
Blocks- 100% (accepting changes)
GUI's- 100% (definitely accepting changes, like funny notes to put on them, hotbar, etc)
Crosshair- the file to change it isnt in my thing for some reason so I am looking into how to fix it
Lowfire- definitely low, but for some odd reason on the screen it doesnt show you that you are on fire so lemme know if you like it or not
Lava, Clear Water- 100%
Does it raise FPS? -' from what I have been told: "Yes" - laggy pc users, "a little bit" - god pc users
Does it look nice? - "yes" "yes" "yes"
Questions? Leave them below, but....
Is it good for PvP not only on Avicus?- Yes, I have used it on other servers and so far, the pack holds up well
Will there be custom sounds? - As far as I am concerned, most likely not
Will you make mroe packs in the future?- Ehhhhhh, maybe. Depends how I am feeling and if I think this pack is successful enough to make me want to do more.