Avicus Archive

Military Coup in Turkey (FAILED) by flyofff July 15, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

Tanks everywhere. Airports and bridges are closed. Military coup in Turkey.
#RipGG

resepignev July 15, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

Any sources?

Numberz_ July 15, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

Any sources?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36809083

flyofff July 15, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

The president will talk to media soon.

resepignev July 15, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

After reading about it a bit, I wouldn't assume there is no democracy, president or freedom. At least not right now. We have to wait and see how the situation develops.

Crimson_Aught July 15, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

Wow wow wow, wtf.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/16/world/europe/military-attempts-coup-in-turkey-prime-minister-says....

Crimson_Aught July 15, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

Ggwp, Turkey

Turkish Armed Forces have completely taken over the administration of the country to reinstate constitutional order, human rights and freedoms, the rule of law and general security that was damaged.

“All international agreements are still valid. We hope that all of our good relationships with all countries will continue.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/15/turkey-low-flying-jets-and-gunfire-heard-in-ankara1/

BmB July 15, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

Off and on, here and gone

JustBudah July 15, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

Its funny how you say "No more democracy" when Erdogan is your president

Or8 July 15, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

Im Turkish here is the story
ITS the game of the government, they are corrupt and they planned a coup now they are gnna act like they took down the coup and that they are "strong" so they dont lose votes, its not an actual coup again its a government trick

Precise_ July 15, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

ITS the game of the government, they are corrupt and they planned a coup now they are gnna act like they took down the coup and that they are "strong" so they dont lose votes, its not an actual coup again its a government trick
Where did u find that out?

Spoookeh July 15, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

In my personal opinion this is somewhat a good thing. The president doesn't seem to be a true supporter of democracy at all and with the recent terror attack the government has been shown to be weak.

However this must be a terrifying night for the Turkish people, thoughts go out to everyone in the country.

DaFrozenBlaze July 16, 2016 at 2:07 AM UTC

Must be scary for the people :x
Don't know if it's good or bad because I know almost nothing about Turkey

Or8 July 16, 2016 at 3:07 AM UTC

Where did u find that out?
There is twitter, the obvoius games the government plays but somehow tricks a big part of the country and removed tv channels and the fact that they did at at 10pm in Turkish time which is retarded cus u need to control ppints in coups b4 any 1 can act against and that they didnt attack/arrest tge president or any of the pple close to him

Humblares July 16, 2016 at 4:07 AM UTC

There is twitter, the obvoius games the government plays but somehow tricks a big part of the country and removed tv channels and the fact that they did at at 10pm in Turkish time which is retarded cus u need to control ppints in coups b4 any 1 can act against and that they didnt attack/arrest tge president or any of the pple close to him
Rip R3DSS don't die on me

flyofff July 16, 2016 at 7:07 AM UTC

Its funny how you say "No more democracy" when Erdogan is your president
So true actually +1
But I'd prefer Erdogan instead of army xd At Erdogan doesn't kill anyone

In my personal opinion this is somewhat a good thing. The president doesn't seem to be a true supporter of democracy at all and with the recent terror attack the government has been shown to be weak.

However this must be a terrifying night for the Turkish people, thoughts go out to everyone in the country.
Omg, you don't even know what army does here. They kill people for no reason. Erdogan is a terrible president. But people choose him, that's not his fault. It's people's fault. I wish he wouldn't be the president but better than  military coup. CUZ ARMY WAS ABOUT TO MAKE A CIVIL WAR.

U Turkish? I live in turkey too.

DaFrozenBlaze July 16, 2016 at 7:07 AM UTC

90 people killed and like 1500 people arrested :x

Zintenka July 16, 2016 at 8:07 AM UTC

So true actually +1
Actually, that's a good thing.

The last Military coup in Turkey was in the 1980s. And military coups of Turkey were initiated to repel fundamentalist ideals inside the government and bring about more secularism.

Erdogan... that man is a monster. What he does to journalists and commits censorship. The man needs to be arrested or executed.

Also, to note when the military succeeds in these coups they actually make sure that a new president is instated - democratically. One who will protect the peoples' rights.

A lot of the time, being the opposite of democratic is a good thing.

Zintenka July 16, 2016 at 8:07 AM UTC

So true actually +1
However, this coup is different. Whenever there is a military coup the military is unified... however they're currently split.

So... three outcomes.

Coup fails and Erdogan uses this as an opportunity to institute laws similar to Saudi Arabia (A VERY bad time for a lot of civilians.) 

Military coup wins and a more secular president is put on power - upholding the peoples' rights.

No one wins and this persists for decades.

JustBudah July 16, 2016 at 8:07 AM UTC

So true actually +1
''At Erdogan doesn't kill anyone'' What about the curdish people that he murders?

flyofff July 16, 2016 at 8:07 AM UTC

''At Erdogan doesn't kill anyone'' What about the curdish people that he murders?
Well actually he does. He does the worst things on this world. And I HATE HIM PLS NEVER FORGET THIS. But what I mean is, coup is a worse thing. I wish Erdogan didn't be the president but people are voting him cuz Turkish people are so idiot. He steals money and people say' He stole for us'. He is a cunt, fag, retarted. whatever you say is true. But. When military coup happens, more people die, army starts administrating the country, THEY FUCK EDUCATION SYSTEM EVERYTIME. And last night, if a soldier would have attacked to another soldier (it was about to happen last night btw) there would be a civil war... You can choose a better president by voting, but you can't change army by voting... I wish erdogan wouldn't be the president, but it's fault of fucking Turkish people unfortunately...

flyofff July 16, 2016 at 9:07 AM UTC

Actually, that's a good thing.

The last Military coup in Turkey was in the 1980s. And military coups of Turkey were initiated to repel fundamentalist ideals inside the government and bring about more secularism.

Erdogan... that man is a monster. What he does to journalists and commits censorship. The man needs to be arrested or executed.

Also, to note when the military succeeds in these coups they actually make sure that a new president is instated - democratically. One who will protect the peoples' rights.

A lot of the time, being the opposite of democratic is a good thing.
So true, I agree with you. But the solution isn't military coup. Cuz army isn't good either just like Erdogan.

flyofff July 16, 2016 at 9:07 AM UTC

However, this coup is different. Whenever there is a military coup the military is unified... however they're currently split.

So... three outcomes.

Coup fails and Erdogan uses this as an opportunity to institute laws similar to Saudi Arabia (A VERY bad time for a lot of civilians.) 

Military coup wins and a more secular president is put on power - upholding the peoples' rights.

No one wins and this persists for decades.
Hope he gets arrested asap and a better president comes... When the military coup was happening he was at his summer house and having vacation. So sure he was ready to run away. Then he messaged to all mobile phone users 'Get on streets, show your power to them and don't let them get the country'. And meanwhile, he was on vacation at Marmaris. LMAO

Sevoo July 16, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

Well actually he does. He does the worst things on this world. And I HATE HIM PLS NEVER FORGET THIS. But what I mean is, coup is a worse thing. I wish Erdogan didn't be the president but people are voting him cuz Turkish people are so idiot. He steals money and people say' He stole for us'. He is a cunt, fag, retarted. whatever you say is true. But. When military coup happens, more people die, army starts administrating the country, THEY FUCK EDUCATION SYSTEM EVERYTIME. And last night, if a soldier would have attacked to another soldier (it was about to happen last night btw) there would be a civil war... You can choose a better president by voting, but you can't change army by voting... I wish erdogan wouldn't be the president, but it's fault of fucking Turkish people unfortunately...
It's nice to see a Turk actually opening his eyes. If you want to learn more about how much people your country has killed (my people), search the Armenian Genocide up. It's a mass killing which your people commuted 101 years ago that president Erdogan refuses to accept. 1.5 million people were killed in total.

I wouldnt be be saying this if you didn't say what you said. If you don't believe that your people did this 100 years ago, it's fine, I don't want to start a flame war. If you have any more questions about this topic PM me on Skype and I'll answer when I get back from vacation. 

Also, you know the world is fucked up when you leave home for 8 days and come back knowing there was a terrorist attack in Nice and a military coop in Turkey within those 8 days.

flyofff July 16, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

It's nice to see a Turk actually opening his eyes. If you want to learn more about how much people your country has killed (my people), search the Armenian Genocide up. It's a mass killing which your people commuted 101 years ago that president Erdogan refuses to accept. 1.5 million people were killed in total.

I wouldnt be be saying this if you didn't say what you said. If you don't believe that your people did this 100 years ago, it's fine, I don't want to start a flame war. If you have any more questions about this topic PM me on Skype and I'll answer when I get back from vacation. 

Also, you know the world is fucked up when you leave home for 8 days and come back knowing there was a terrorist attack in Nice and a military coop in Turkey within those 8 days.
So true. But I'm not Turkish and I'm proud of NOT BEING A TURKISH. I live in Istanbul but I'm from the USA. Your people wanted to make an Armenia country and Turkish people didn't let you and sent you out of the country. In Turkish schools, they teach it as something nice. But I've always though that we should let people create their own countries. And they teach us like France, Italy and England are bad countries. I just wanna move out of this fucking country. People suck, education suck, president suck EVERYTHING SUX HERE OMG

Sevoo July 16, 2016 at 1:07 PM UTC

So true. But I'm not Turkish and I'm proud of NOT BEING A TURKISH. I live in Istanbul but I'm from the USA. Your people wanted to make an Armenia country and Turkish people didn't let you and sent you out of the country. In Turkish schools, they teach it as something nice. But I've always though that we should let people create their own countries. And they teach us like France, Italy and England are bad countries. I just wanna move out of this fucking country. People suck, education suck, president suck EVERYTHING SUX HERE OMG
You know they didn't just send us out of Turkey right? They literally made my ancestors walk across a lot of miles (idk if it's more than 100 or a thousand, I don't want to give false information, but I do know they made us cross the Der Zor desert). Fortunately, Turkey tried to advance on the second part of Armenia in 1918 we fought back and won. It was they first time we were independent in  more than 100 years.

flyofff July 16, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

You know they didn't just send us out of Turkey right? They literally made my ancestors walk across a lot of miles (idk if it's more than 100 or a thousand, I don't want to give false information, but I do know they made us cross the Der Zor desert). Fortunately, Turkey tried to advance on the second part of Armenia in 1918 we fought back and won. It was they first time we were independent in  more than 100 years.
So true. I hate my country and people...

Sevoo July 16, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

So true. I hate my country and people...
Anyways, good luck to you. I hope you're able to move out one day ;-;.

flyofff July 16, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

Anyways, good luck to you. I hope you're able to move out one day ;-;.
Hope so :'( Here is not safe and good.