Avicus Archive

How to Ninja Bridge Tutorial (Proper) by lordteddey November 9, 2014 at 3:11 PM UTC

This is a thread from OCN, I found it very helpfull so I decided to share it with you guys :D . I take no credits for this. Original creator: Tonyfamous

Well, Breezily bridging is probably the fastest and hardest bridging technique out of all the bridging techniques. So I'm here to teach you, exactly, on how to Ninja Bridge the proper way.

If you do not know what is ninja bridging, it's basically a shift-unshift bridge, where as you unshift all the way until the edge of the block, and shift again, etc.

Step 1: Understand your technique of normal shift bridging

You need to understand the shift bridging placement in order to work on the ninja bridging. Average people presses A+S and move to the right side of the block, which is what most people do. If you use D+S, don't worry, you'll still be able to work on it. Some people which uses the normal and classic way of shift bridging, which is pressing S individually. By pressing S individually, it is slower than pressing A+S or D+S. In fact, here's a speed test made by the name 'failerkin'.

Step 2: Timing

Bridging with the ninja bridge is all about timing. If you did it correctly, you should be going at the speed of 6-8 cps (clicks per second) and sps (shifts per second). It is as fast as the Breezily bridge, but way more flashy. Also, do not spam click your mouse. It must fit the speed with your shift's. After you got a couple of blocks going on, practice again and again. Remember, don't struggle, it doesn't help you. By the way, you think this is hard? Well, a bunch of people are struggling way more than this on practicing Breezily bridging.

Step 3: Remain your pointer's position

Your pointer must be on the side of the block, and while you bridge, you click it again and again. Try not to move it. If you do, you'll lose your rhythm of the clicks and you'll fall. Also, after a while of bridging continuously, you'll find yourself moving to the side that you're pressing, (A+S = near the right, D+S= near the left). If that happens, Do not press the third button to position yourself back while having the rhythm. Stop for just a second, and re-position yourself back. If you did it fast, you'll be as fast as Breezily bridging.

Step 4: Practice again and again in Singleplayer

I recommend you not to practice on public servers, because you'll probably make a mess, and nobody's gonna clean it up, unless they feel generous. Practice in Singleplayer again and again, and you'll be as professional as Breezily in no time. In fact, if you get shot to the back, try to shift as soon as you reach the edge of the block, and continue the rhythm. This is good for sky-bridging if you need to bridge really fast.

Infivix November 9, 2014 at 7:11 PM UTC

I'm garbage at Breezily bridging, but I've mastered fast staircasing  and shift-unshit bridging. I'm not sure if you're thinking about the same thing, a video would be helpful :3

D00ZiE November 9, 2014 at 7:11 PM UTC

Can you add the name of the creator of the original thread please.

JKawesome November 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM UTC

Could you add maybe a description of what exactly ninja bridging looks like? I learned a technique where you press and let go of shift with precise timing, while keeping the mouse button down, but no idea if it's the same thing. It's definitely not as fast as Breezily though

Super_Fat_Man November 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM UTC

same jk :/ Breezily is like double as fast as ninja bridging.

Splades November 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM UTC

Thanks for the guide! It's not like I didn't know how to ninja bridge before :P I'm sure sfk will be proud when I send this to him on Skype ^_^ Keep up the good work ProjectMars ^_^

Stimulating November 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM UTC

Wow. Really. You've single-handedly ruined the accomplishment of being able to ninja bridge. It's supposed to be a technique for only people who strive to get better. Not something that just anyone can pick up and have good bridging skills even if they suck. 
I think you've managed to get everyone who can ninja bridge on the server pissed at you... 
Why people never teach others is because they want it to STAY a secret... 

And BTW...Breezily Bridging isn't the fastest way to bridge. There's a faster one :)

Notalgicular November 9, 2014 at 9:11 PM UTC

Wow. Really. You've single-handedly ruined the accomplishment of being able to ninja bridge. It's supposed to be a technique for only people who strive to get better. Not something that just anyone can pick up and have good bridging skills even if they suck. 
I think you've managed to get everyone who can ninja bridge on the server pissed at you... 

And BTW...Breezily Bridging isn't the fastest way to bridge. There's a faster one :)
No, its incredibly easy its unreal, too bad if you need a topic to find out how

Stimulating November 9, 2014 at 9:11 PM UTC

No, its incredibly easy its unreal, too bad if you need a topic to find out how
Too bad you need to be a dick about it

Notalgicular November 9, 2014 at 9:11 PM UTC

Too bad you need to be a dick about it
Lolwut xD

How was I being a dick lol

build_high November 9, 2014 at 9:11 PM UTC

Lawl, shadow its just a topic, if anyone wanted to learn they would look it up. If anyone is being a dick its you, mars found something helpful and wants to share it.

Hola November 9, 2014 at 10:11 PM UTC

Reading that might actually have given me brain damage.
@OP You might wan to put the original creator's name in there (Tonyfamous)

Infivix November 9, 2014 at 10:11 PM UTC

@build_high You're a "dick" on every topic. I wouldn't be calling Shadow a dick, he was simply stating the facts.

cinammoncroc000 November 10, 2014 at 1:11 AM UTC

Guys, stay on topic. I actually find this very helpful as I've never had anyone teach me how to do this; I only learned how to do it through videos and watching others, and yet I'm still terrible.

Anyways, nice guide! I'll definitely put this to good use, and I might actually start rushing now o_o
Oh, and I do suggest you put the original thread in the OP.

Stimulating November 10, 2014 at 3:11 AM UTC

Lolwut xD

How was I being a dick lol
It's basically a straight up insult to anyone who takes pride in the fact that they can. And that not just one or two people.

Lawl, shadow its just a topic, if anyone wanted to learn they would look it up. If anyone is being a dick its you, mars found something helpful and wants to share it.
Yea but it completely ruins the fact that it's only for people who really strive to improve. It's a good thought but think for two seconds. It kinda completely ruins ninja bridging and the fact that only a few could do it. As I said. Good intentions. Just think before you post. People don't go running around telling everyone this for a reason...

I could've burned you so hard. But I choose not to. (In case you were wondering, I would've said "Not like it made anything worse than it already is.") But I'm not going to straightup say it. You can look at out of curiosity. But what would've caused such brain damage??? This is why I always win flame wars xD

build_high November 10, 2014 at 4:11 AM UTC

Yea but it completely ruins the fact that it's only for people who really strive to improve. It's a good thought but think for two seconds. It kinda completely ruins ninja bridging and the fact that only a few could do it. As I said. Good intentions. Just think before you post. People don't go running around telling everyone this for a reason...
I get where youre coming from, I still think this is a positive thing with good intentions. I do see why someone might be pissed if they ruined your "secret" but shit happens and it doesnt always go your way, its also a pretty easy thing to look up.

to yoshi,
 I didnt call him a "dick", I said, in response to what he said to notal, that if anyone was being a dick its him as he was trying to keep tactics secret. I didnt actually call him a dick or think he was a dick, all i did was compare him calling notal a dick to himself .-.

and on the thread about your ban i was answering canuck's question abd finally you got banned twice for generally being a dick, harrassing people
etc. (You know why, not going into anything)

kycrafft November 10, 2014 at 5:11 AM UTC

The entire flame war gave me brain damage.

Phobiaxx November 10, 2014 at 5:11 AM UTC

Please stay on topic. :c
You don't have to publicly show that you are jealous that other people will know how to ninja bridge. :/ Readers still need to strive to improve, they need to practice. A guide similar to this can easily be found, Mars just made it easily accessible for Avicus forum users. I really don't see why you're getting so worked up over this, no offense intended. ^-^

@OP Thanks for posting this here Mars ^-^
@All Please don't try to flame Mars' Topic.

lordteddey November 10, 2014 at 2:11 PM UTC

You don't have to publicly show that you are jealous that other people will know how to ninja bridge. :/ Readers still need to strive to improve, they need to practice. A guide similar to this can easily be found, Mars just made it easily accessible for Avicus forum users. I really don't see why you're getting so worked up over this, no offense intended. ^-^

Thanks Roman! Btw, you do need to practice, I can't breezily, but.. I can bridge without shifting, and the method I made was tough, but it paid off, I basically removed my shift, so I used to play without a shift and was forced to bridge without a shift key :D

KalinD November 10, 2014 at 4:11 PM UTC

This is fake, don't listen to this randy 1!1!1!1

Anyways, fast staircasing is ezier than breezily bridging.

Notalgicular November 10, 2014 at 4:11 PM UTC

also your lying, unless you can sprint backwards it is impossible to bridge faster than the breezily method

Stimulating November 10, 2014 at 8:11 PM UTC

also your lying, unless you can sprint backwards it is impossible to bridge faster than the breezily method
Yea there is. You're just ignorant of the fact that there is. You don't have to always be facing one way or use the same methods. There is a way. I've been practicing it a bit. It's even more difficult than Breezily, but faster.

hpux November 10, 2014 at 8:11 PM UTC

It's not fair to exclude people from learning a technique. Also, I wouldn't say that ninja bridging is too much of a secret.

Stimulating November 10, 2014 at 8:11 PM UTC

Why I am is because as I've stated. People don't walk around telling everyone how to for a reason. Yes, I respect the fact that someone is trying to help. But it makes something that was supposed to be only for people who really tried, who would go through all the trouble too accessible. The technique isn't too difficult, and people know what it is, but not many people care enough to put in the effort of finding out from videos and such. What separates the average, decently committed player, from the people who are trying really hard. It makes something that's supposed to show hard work and commitment worth practically nothing. It's what I use to bridge a lot because Breezily is quite difficult and inconsistent. Even though I like this server very much, I have to admit, the average OCN player is better than the average Avicus player. Practically half the people on OCN know how to ninja bridge which means a forums topic about ninja bridging on OCN means a lot less than something that few can do here. I really do appreciate the fact that someone's trying to help. But at the same time I feel like it kinda spoils it for others. 

You can say it's exclusion, that it's not fair to others,
but it's unfair to the people who take pride in their bridging and the people who care. 

I have nothing to be jealous about. I have other techniques, none are as consistent, but I don't see how I would be jealous with a couple more tricks up my sleeve. The issue is that ninja bridging is a main source of movement for me sometimes, and others. IT's not something anyone who knows how to really wants getting out

Notalgicular November 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM UTC

Yea there is. You're just ignorant of the fact that there is. You don't have to always be facing one way or use the same methods. There is a way. I've been practicing it a bit. It's even more difficult than Breezily, but faster.
Unless you are misguided on what breezily bridging is, then thats not true

Stimulating November 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM UTC

Unless you are misguided on what breezily bridging is, then thats not true
I clearly know how to Breezily. There's still a faster way though. I've done it a few times on the server for a couple blocks.

Notalgicular November 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM UTC

I clearly know how to Breezily. There's still a faster way though. I've done it a few times on the server for a couple blocks.
Oh by the way, breezily bridges in more than 1 way

sfkwww November 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM UTC

Why I am is because as I've stated. People don't walk around telling everyone how to for a reason. Yes, I respect the fact that someone is trying to help. But it makes something that was supposed to be only for people who really tried, who would go through all the trouble too accessible. The technique isn't too difficult, and people know what it is, but not many people care enough to put in the effort of finding out from videos and such. What separates the average, decently committed player, from the people who are trying really hard. It makes something that's supposed to show hard work and commitment worth practically nothing. It's what I use to bridge a lot because Breezily is quite difficult and inconsistent. Even though I like this server very much, I have to admit, the average OCN player is better than the average Avicus player. Practically half the people on OCN know how to ninja bridge which means a forums topic about ninja bridging on OCN means a lot less than something that few can do here. I really do appreciate the fact that someone's trying to help. But at the same time I feel like it kinda spoils it for others. 

You can say it's exclusion, that it's not fair to others,
but it's unfair to the people who take pride in their bridging and the people who care. 

I have nothing to be jealous about. I have other techniques, none are as consistent, but I don't see how I would be jealous with a couple more tricks up my sleeve. The issue is that ninja bridging is a main source of movement for me sometimes, and others. IT's not something anyone who knows how to really wants getting out
First of all, I was the person who invented the so called "ninja-bridging" technique, although I called it shift bridging, so if anyone should be upset about the technique getting out it would be me, but i'm not because I quit.

Second, it has already spread seeing as it has appeared on OCN now, even though it originated here, and this guide will probably only help people who know about it but are having difficulty learning how to do it, so this guide is just helping them learn, likewise with any other pvp tips thread or video.

And Third, even though there is a thread about "ninja-bridging" now, it is still for people who really try since they obviously have to practice this if they are going to learn it.

I can agree with the fact that some people may not want it to get out, but let's be honest, it's been out there for quite a while now.

Also for the people saying that "Breezily bridging" (where you don't shift) is faster than "ninja-bridging", you are wrong, they are basically just as fast if you do the ninja bridging correctly.

I would also like to note that technically there are ways where you can bridge much faster than these techniques, but those are near impossible and would be incredibly difficult to do for more than a few blocks.

Ty splade for sending me the link on Skype so I could give my thoughts :)

IamSUPERMAN2007 November 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM UTC

First of all, I was the person who invented the so called "ninja-bridging" technique, although I called it shift bridging, so if anyone should be upset about the technique getting out it would be me, but i'm not because I quit.

Second, it has already spread seeing as it has appeared on OCN now, even though it originated here, and this guide will probably only help people who know about it but are having difficulty learning how to do it, so this guide is just helping them learn, likewise with any other pvp tips thread or video.

And Third, even though there is a thread about "ninja-bridging" now, it is still for people who really try since they obviously have to practice this if they are going to learn it.

I can agree with the fact that some people may not want it to get out, but let's be honest, it's been out there for quite a while now.

Also for the people saying that "Breezily bridging" (where you don't shift) is faster than "ninja-bridging", you are wrong, they are basically just as fast if you do the ninja bridging correctly.

I would also like to note that technically there are ways where you can bridge much faster than these techniques, but those are near impossible and would be incredibly difficult to do for more than a few blocks.

I'm 100% sure that you didn't invent ninja bridging. lmao

lag

lordteddey November 11, 2014 at 3:11 AM UTC

LOL, no. Sorry to ruin your moment, but you did not invent "Ninja Bridging", it was originated in OCN by many players, using different methods to create one efficient method.

JKawesome November 11, 2014 at 4:11 AM UTC

Since when can you ninja bridge faster than Breezily bridging? Not shifting at all is always gonna be faster than pressing down shift at intervals. If you can "do it correctly", I'd like to see, but from your videos, you don't bridge as fast as Breezily bridgers.

Stimulating November 11, 2014 at 5:11 AM UTC

It's not fair to exclude people from learning a technique. Also, I wouldn't say that ninja bridging is too much of a secret.
As I've said before. People don't run around telling everyone how for a reason. For example, if you had a great PvP combo that worked really well you wouldn't go around telling everyone how to do it. If you say you would I'm pretty sure that's a lie. Same concept. You could also say you're disregarding the people who want to keep it lower key's opinions and feelings. And how is it exclusion? Anyone who cared could've done research. Everyone had equal amounts of accessibility to start with. It just showed you put in the effort before.

BoldAndBrash November 11, 2014 at 12:11 PM UTC

Shadow, just stop being jealous. From the way youre talking, it looks like youre bragging about how you know how to do it and other people shouldnt know how to do it.... Listen to sfk. Een if he didnt make it, his post is still correct. Shadow, Mars is NOT gonna archive this post or anything. ;l

_Entity November 11, 2014 at 1:11 PM UTC

-

StewieFG November 11, 2014 at 2:11 PM UTC

-
OMFG U I FAN <3 <3 <3 <3

_Tony November 11, 2014 at 3:11 PM UTC

As I've said before. People don't run around telling everyone how for a reason. For example, if you had a great PvP combo that worked really well you wouldn't go around telling everyone how to do it. If you say you would I'm pretty sure that's a lie. Same concept. You could also say you're disregarding the people who want to keep it lower key's opinions and feelings. And how is it exclusion? Anyone who cared could've done research. Everyone had equal amounts of accessibility to start with. It just showed you put in the effort before.
This post's purpose was to help others who WANTS TO KNOW how to Ninja Bridge, not to the people who doesn't care and is just jealous that others know how to do it. Care about some other people... jeez.

EDIT: Breezily bridging is the fastest bridging technique, and the 'faster one' that you mentioned is probably auto-place or something.

MLGtino November 11, 2014 at 3:11 PM UTC

dont make me laugh xdxd

lordteddey November 11, 2014 at 3:11 PM UTC

This post's purpose was to help others who WANTS TO KNOW how to Ninja Bridge, not to the people who doesn't care and is just jealous that others know how to do it. Care about some other people... jeez.

EDIT: Breezily bridging is the fastest bridging technique, and the 'faster one' that you mentioned is probably auto-place or something.
Hi!!!!! <3

Y0urm0m1 November 11, 2014 at 5:11 PM UTC

i cant really tell if your joking or not ._.

Im pretty sure you didnt invent Brezzily Bridging. Maybe not even OCN players invented it. Probable out of the millions of MC players, 1 of them was able to invent it but did not really publicly announced it so i do not think it was  you.

Also, i seen Brrezily Briding originate more in OCN than Avicus :/ just sayin no h8 pls not rek. no flame pls :(

EDIT!!!!: PLEASE READ: Ok not originate but more of people started using it more in OCN first than Avicus. Just to clear things up

sfkwww November 11, 2014 at 8:11 PM UTC

i cant really tell if your joking or not ._.

Im pretty sure you didnt invent Brezzily Bridging. Maybe not even OCN players invented it. Probable out of the millions of MC players, 1 of them was able to invent it but did not really publicly announced it so i do not think it was  you.

Also, i seen Brrezily Briding originate more in OCN than Avicus :/ just sayin no h8 pls not rek. no flame pls :(

EDIT!!!!: PLEASE READ: Ok not originate but more of people started using it more in OCN first than Avicus. Just to clear things up
I said I invented shift bridging, not breezily bridging, but i'm not 100% sure no one had used it before, but I had never seen anyone do anything of the sort, so I did learn it by myself without having seen or heard about it. And it's only after I started using it and showing some of my friends that it started appearing, so i'm pretty sure I was the one who invented it. Again, there might have been someone who had done it before, but since I didn't see anyone doing that before I started doing it I'm going to assume I invented it.

So yeah, idc if you believe me or not, but this is my reasoning for believing that I invented it.

Notalgicular November 11, 2014 at 8:11 PM UTC

I said I invented shift bridging, not breezily bridging, but i'm not 100% sure no one had used it before, but I had never seen anyone do anything of the sort, so I did learn it by myself without having seen or heard about it. And it's only after I started using it and showing some of my friends that it started appearing, so i'm pretty sure I was the one who invented it. Again, there might have been someone who had done it before, but since I didn't see anyone doing that before I started doing it I'm going to assume I invented it.

So yeah, idc if you believe me or not, but this is my reasoning for believing that I invented it.
LOL.
Yea, you didn't invent shiftbridging. Have you heard of ninja squad? Do you know why its called ninja bridging?

ShiptheBattle November 11, 2014 at 8:11 PM UTC

Guys, Calm down. 
Does it really matter who invented or not? No, it really doesn't. 
What feels better, slamming down the person who thinks he/she invented it? 
Or beating the person who invented it at their own game. 
Probably the second one. 
So, there's no need to challenge someone of their knowledge because no one knows any sources to anything because it might come from OCN, or it might come from Avicus, it might come from a SinglePlayer World for anyone knows. 
Just add on to this post, or learn from it and move on, there's no post trying to raise your ego or challenge someone else's knowledge.

MLGtino November 11, 2014 at 8:11 PM UTC

Guys, Calm down. 
Does it really matter who invented or not? No, it really doesn't. 
What feels better, slamming down the person who thinks he/she invented it? 
Or beating the person who invented it at their own game. 
Probably the second one. 
So, there's no need to challenge someone of their knowledge because no one knows any sources to anything because it might come from OCN, or it might come from Avicus, it might come from a SinglePlayer World for anyone knows. 
Just add on to this post, or learn from it and move on, there's no post trying to raise your ego or challenge someone else's knowledge.
It does matter.
lmao