Avicus Archive

Suggestion on hack checks. by Cezbla June 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

this will enable to ban the right players, not  banning the wrong players,A hack check is when a player is accused of hacking [Reported in game] if a moderator comes or above, and sees he might have hacks, They preform a hack check the following steps are in a hack check

1. The staff will say "You are getting hack checked"
  2. "you have 10 minutes to post your .minecraft your in game screen your in game options, and your versions [The 10 minutes is if they can't do it in that time it means they aren't going to do it, you may give the player extra 2 3 minutes if you see they are doing it, .minecraft as you know shows your versions and you can see if they have any mods, in game screen is because usually if you hack you have something on the top left or right of your screen, your options is because hack clients like huzuni have donation that hide it if you donate but it has that "Toggle huzuni" which would say they are using it, and for the versions most hacks if not all are in your version folder unless its a mod hack]
  3. "IF YOU LEAVE IT IS A AUTO BAN" [This would prevent them from deleting them or changing there versions and joining back, no matter what excuse "I need to open skype to show you my screen I have to leave" "My mom is calling me I have to go" These are the typical hackers excuses in the hack check.]
  4. This is going to be hard because avicus is a great server and is getting bigger and greater by day now because of the server advertisement . The only answer is get more staff, this Hack check system would help a lot and may be added upon I think this would be a great new addition to the avicus update because I have had many upon many friends be banned for "hacking"

Best regards, Cezbla

P.S @izjustforfun

NewVoltdrive June 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

Umm...a hacker could have a back-up screen..or he takes out the hacks first.
This has too many loopholes.

Mooch24 June 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

Just as Volt said, there's too many loop holes. I could easily rename a hacked versions folder to something like "Optifine 1.7.9"

Shadowbladz June 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

I would just have all my screenshots prepared and a spare clean jar file.

Ducksfanwaterloo June 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

-1, this would make taking reports a much longer task, which means that the mods can't go around to other reports as quickly

ViceTechnicolour June 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

The current system works fine and this is heavily flawed.

Awarrior June 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

As many stated, many loopholes, the current one works just fine, all we need is an actual fast and steady ban appeal system.

vladthegreat100 June 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

As many stated, many loopholes, the current one works just fine, all we need is an actual fast and steady ban appeal system.
there should be staff (who cannot ban) have access to the email and their specific job is to take appeals, would save funky,howsie,avigill and all the other staff members who have access to the email appeal a lot of time and they could look after punishing others than appealing others

NewVoltdrive June 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

there should be staff (who cannot ban) have access to the email and their specific job is to take appeals, would save funky,howsie,avigill and all the other staff members who have access to the email appeal a lot of time and they could look after punishing others than appealing others
The problem with that is that they wouldn't quite know the moderator's experience.

Phobiaxx June 8, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

What they all said ^
Tho ,a better way to hack check(that could be made possible), is through a configured NCP, NCP shows player's infractions(or believed to be) If mods are given NCP Operator perms(just for the infractions stream) if they find someone is hacking, they can double check, if their names show up in the stream more than twice(just in case NCP accuses wrongly...)
The reason it has to be configured tho, it might be just me, but pvp hacks only show up once in the feed, and they stay, but they don't repeat...

SpicyTunaRoll9 June 9, 2014 at 12:06 AM UTC

A bit misguided. I get what you're saying at but this is inefficient.

yooitstim June 9, 2014 at 12:06 AM UTC

-1 how do you no what a hacker screen looks like Are you a hacker o_O

Joao_Victor June 9, 2014 at 12:06 AM UTC

So many loopholes.

Riskayyy June 9, 2014 at 12:06 AM UTC

Actually, I would love this. I know a server which has this already, and It's apparently very accurate. Every hacker there was checked and banned.

Shadowbladz June 9, 2014 at 1:06 AM UTC

-1 how do you no what a hacker screen looks like Are you a hacker o_O
A lot of moderators and people who just want to know how hacks work download a hack client and experiment with them on some small servers.

Shadowbladz June 9, 2014 at 1:06 AM UTC

Actually, I would love this. I know a server which has this already, and It's apparently very accurate. Every hacker there was checked and banned.
What's the name of the server?