Avicus Archive

Team Stacking: Clamping Down on the issue. by Stimulating September 4, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

We all know team stacking exists, all I ask is that we try to clamp down on this issue. I'd say most people get on and just want a fun relaxing, fair game. Then you see there's 4 on one team and 1-2 on all the others in CTH for example, I find it hard to have a good experience in-game when I'm fighting an uphill battle. CTH isn't always populated like Nebula so there's only ever one game at a time, forcing you to play by their rules. It doesn't matter how good the people are the sheer numbers win them the game almost always (unless you're a PvP god and can carry your entire team). This frustrates me as i want a clean, fair game that I can say "gg" after and mean it, the other part that frustrates me is that it feels like these people are so intent on winning that they have to put the odds in their favor to win which kind of ruins others' in-game experience because you basically can't win no mater what. Staff do with this what you want but I feel if you're truly striving to make the server better you'd take a look and try to do your best to stop it. There's a difference between team stacking and going into a team with a friend that may or may not be good, anyways I'll leave it after an eternity of writing and let everyone discuss this issue (not written the best in the moment but i'm sure most of us have been pitted against the team stack and know how it feels). 

Thank You 
-ShadowSlayerZ7

Tarheelkiwi September 4, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Nothing you can really do.  Sometimes you don't think about it.  People just want to play with friends but i turns out that they are the best pvpers in the game.  Just something that will always be around.  sorry

hpux September 4, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Yes, it's a problem. However, there aren't too many ways to stop this problem. Minimizing the max amount of people per game might be a possible solution for Nexus, but not for CTH. Team stacking doesn't affect Nebula too much or too often. Sometimes you just have to ignore the team stack and play anyway. Removing that donor perk will cause a lot of anger within the community.

SergeantBoom September 4, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

I don't wanna be "That Guy", but Avicus itself is populated with many, many players who join for the Competitive feel (Me, one for example). When players stack teams its so they have the best experience that they can have... Yes, it could be seen as "unfair" or "frustrating" but that's they way some players have fun.

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA September 4, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

As much as you hate to hear it, team stacking is part of a donator perk.  Yes, it may not be good in many cases, but it's a reason that people pay to help run the server.  In a lot of examples, team stacking isn't intended, rather people wanting to team with/against their friends.

RCMP_Mountie September 4, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

As much as you hate to hear it, team stacking is part of a donator perk.  Yes, it may not be good in many cases, but it's a reason that people pay to help run the server.  In a lot of examples, team stacking isn't intended, rather people wanting to team with/against their friends.
Unless there's someone yourself and your friends really really hate on the other team, or just trolls in general.

Stimulating September 4, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

Yes, it's a problem. However, there aren't too many ways to stop this problem. Minimizing the max amount of people per game might be a possible solution for Nexus, but not for CTH. Team stacking doesn't affect Nebula too much or too often. Sometimes you just have to ignore the team stack and play anyway. Removing that donor perk will cause a lot of anger within the community.
I'm not saying remove donor perks, I think the people who keep this server up and running deserve a little something extra but I feel like the power that comes with the perks is being abused when this happens (I never hear anyone no matter what role, with a couple exceptions stand up and ask for a fair game)...thanks for being the first staff on it. Really helps to have more than just the general public's views (even though everyone's really helpful and generally gives great info) and I respect that you actually acknowledged that it is an issue instead of avoiding it.

Hete September 4, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

Well. Honestly, it's one of the advantages of being a donor to the server. And it's not like on every game people are team stacking. In CTH, Yes it might be annoying sometimes, but also sometimes people try to make it equal and fun to everyone.

resepignev September 4, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

Let's on CTH is a game with 16 player, 4 on each team. The game starts. 2 of red timed out. (disconnected). 3 players of blue had to go, because what ever and then 2 ppl of green left, because they want to play nebula. This means red=2 blue=1 green=2 and yellow=4. Then says a player: "omg teamstack!" you see why it's not right. And I would say, if you buy your self a donor rank, you'll do thes same.

Emmaye September 4, 2014 at 5:09 AM UTC

Well CTH doesn't have a lot of players compared to Nebula, so small games with teams such as Green-2 Yellow-1 Red-2 Blue-4 is a big difference compared to a Nebula Game (Cyan-19 Purple-23)

Infivix September 4, 2014 at 5:09 AM UTC

Honestly, we pay money for our rank and this is an included perk. If they want to complain about it, that's their problem. This is not against the rules and we should be able to do it.

Y0urm0m1 September 4, 2014 at 5:09 AM UTC

Techincally, donors deserve the perk's on wheather or not to choose their own teams so i gotta give them that.

However..

Donors should also have some self-disipline and honesty. Just because a staff is not there does not mean you can purposely team stack to make the game totally unfair. Think about the non-donors that support the server. How would they like it if the match is staked with donors? Pretty unfair and i have been in that situation so many times and IT SUCKS. So donors, just because you have the perk, doesn't mean you can abuse it. Have some integerty and honor peopls

Infivix September 4, 2014 at 5:09 AM UTC

Techincally, donors deserve the perk's on wheather or not to choose their own teams so i gotta give them that.

However..

Donors should also have some self-disipline and honesty. Just because a staff is not there does not mean you can purposely team stack to make the game totally unfair. Think about the non-donors that support the server. How would they like it if the match is staked with donors? Pretty unfair and i have been in that situation so many times and IT SUCKS. So donors, just because you have the perk, doesn't mean you can abuse it. Have some integerty and honor peopls
I've honestly never abused this perk to a big extent. I would join the same team as a friend... But I never really used it for team stacking.