Avicus Archive

Maps Bordering Each Other? by RIP_Avicus January 25, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Hey Everyone,

I was on Nebula the other day with one of my friends, and we decided to make a bridge out to the side and hit the other team from there.
But, we randomly saw the border of another map quite far out from our bridge.
We didn't get a proper chance to explore it, but it had lava and water flowing down the sides, and was very tall.
I was just on another game using the same tactic, and I saw the same thing.
Is that just the outermost border of the map, or is it actually the beginning of another map?
Do all the maps sit next to each other on one massive world?
Any help would be appreciated  :)
Thanks

ProfessorUtonium January 25, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

what map was it?

and no all the maps don't sit next to eachother in the same world

It was probably a schematic someone put and forgot to remove

RIP_Avicus January 25, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

One of the maps was Curabitur and I can't remember the other one

resepignev January 25, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Ohhh I think you mean like the normal world? with caves and such.
Yea that's a glitch. If you try to create a void world on a server with a plugin, the plugin only makes a big void hole in an normal world.
Just a advice, don't bridge to the lava and so on, you could be punished for abusing glitches.
It's also already reported at github. And I think it will be fixed in the next update!

toketrain January 25, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

it was most likely the actual minecraft world. if you go out far enough on some maps, you hit an actual minecraft generated world, but you're not supposed to go there

RIP_Avicus January 25, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Haha ok, thanks :)

MissCarmel January 25, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

i've never made any maps or whatever but I know there isn't one large world where all of the maps are

RightSide January 25, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

Most maps have this but don't abuse this it's the borders and all maps are on different worlds !

Emmaye January 25, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

That's technically abusing glitches, so don't build out to those structures/chunks if you see them. If you do, you will be punished.

BelgiumWaffles January 26, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

That's technically abusing glitches, so don't build out to those structures/chunks if you see them. If you do, you will be punished.
Can u remove them?

PieZ January 27, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

Put map borders or fix it and I won't go there