Avicus Archive

Stalemate prevention by Humblares June 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

stalemating sucks!!

to prevent it just make the obsidian become easier to break like morph the block like on ocn which makes it easier to break 

Oby: start
Beacon 10 mins
Coal block 20 mins
Gold 35 mins
Ice 50 mins

vladthegreat100 June 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

This has been suggested before. And the reason of stalemates most of the time is not because of how long it takes to break the obsidian, that's only a very small factor.
Most of the time when stalemates happen, it's because either:
1. People are bow spamming like they're life will die without doing it.
2. There is one monument left and half the team is defending that one monument while the opposition is attacking 1 by 1 making it near to impossible to actually make it to the monument.

There really is no fix to stalemate, it's just on how the players in the game decide to play.

Crazy_ June 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

OOooo this would be cool. Though 10 mins seems too early to have a monument mode.

Legoche June 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

I don't think it's necessary, it's fine at the moment with obsidian since stalemate adds more strategy to the game, especially on maps like Clay Wars.

Clijmart June 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM UTC

In my opinion a good idea, just the times need some tweaking. I'd say Ice after 1.5 hours and the rest somewhere in the middle :P
+1

Vobaseball12 June 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM UTC

Or, just have a different block as the monument..... If i remember correctly, Atlas will allow that.

SnowSX3 June 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM UTC

That's the most OCN thing I've ever heard.

DaFrozenBlaze June 23, 2016 at 9:06 PM UTC

Please no
It just won't feel right

GrapeSmoothie June 23, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

Their cores change modes not mons, also they aren't the only server with blocks that can become something else. :P

Sevoo June 23, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

It's hard to prevent stalemates without stealing OCN's idea. So what'd I'd do is focus on making stalemates fun. Idk how, but there are people on this server creative enough to find a way.

Posighdun June 23, 2016 at 11:06 PM UTC

Please no
It just won't feel right
+1

Crazy_ June 24, 2016 at 12:06 AM UTC

Their cores change modes not mons, also they aren't the only server with blocks that can become something else. :P
No, we have monument modes over there as well

SnowSX3 June 24, 2016 at 12:06 AM UTC

No, we have monument modes over there as well
Hence my post :P

OldManTigerMask July 15, 2016 at 7:07 AM UTC

Hmm what if you instead of turning the monuments into different blocks make all the pickaxes more efficient as time progresses.

Pickaxe efficiency increases every 10 minutes to prevent Stalemate

joelous July 15, 2016 at 8:07 AM UTC

map making 101: always ensure that the map has flow 
the items make no difference, trust me. The actual map itself needs to be dramatically changed

crescent chaos shows this perfectly, which is why there's a lot of circles - and it's barely stalemate

SnowSX3 July 15, 2016 at 9:07 AM UTC

I still think it's a very Overcast thing to do.

Besides, it's not like stalemates are a constant problem on Avicus, it's not something that needs to be fixed.

And personally, I love long games.
It creates awesome moments and set pieces.

Junr July 15, 2016 at 9:07 AM UTC

Besides, it's not like stalemates are a constant problem on Avicus, it's not something that needs to be fixed.

And more credits :)

OldManTigerMask July 15, 2016 at 10:07 AM UTC

I do enjoy a long game it allows soo much strategy and blocks and cleaning up to do xD (Yeah... thats what I do in most games XD)

SnowSX3 July 15, 2016 at 10:07 AM UTC

I do enjoy a long game it allows soo much strategy and blocks and cleaning up to do xD (Yeah... thats what I do in most games XD)
Agreed.
Long games are much more fun in my opinion.

Having a bunch of short games would get so boring.
In moderate amounts ( which is what's currently happening on the server) stalemate are fun.

Sevoo July 15, 2016 at 11:07 AM UTC

Agreed.
Long games are much more fun in my opinion.

Having a bunch of short games would get so boring.
In moderate amounts ( which is what's currently happening on the server) stalemate are fun.
IMO matters what map is being stalemated.

A map like Quintus or Ternio can be stalemated for a very long time and still be fun. A map like Campi can only be stalemated for a certain amount of time and maps like Ravanged aren't fun stalemates.