Avicus Archive

Butterfly Clicking by awesome_apricot December 9, 2015 at 4:12 PM UTC

Is it allowed? Should it be? Should it not?

_Nathy December 9, 2015 at 4:12 PM UTC

its fine, it makes you click fast, i dont think its an issue

Indicado December 9, 2015 at 4:12 PM UTC

Why not?

Its like the jitterclick,why not is allowed? is just a tactic.

awesome_apricot December 9, 2015 at 4:12 PM UTC

Some servers, namely Badlion, don't allow of this.

It's pretty OP once mastered. Just wondering opinions

_Nathy December 9, 2015 at 4:12 PM UTC

lol wot, badlion ban it?!

thats like saying you cant do volleys in tennis

Robin_DD_J December 9, 2015 at 5:12 PM UTC

It would be stupid to ban for such a thing. It's a tactic that requires skill and therefore should be allowed. Me myself have tried to master it with no luck what so ever.

Tazz December 9, 2015 at 5:12 PM UTC

Where did you here this? Of course it's allowed, it's a legitimate way of clicking

Stimulating December 9, 2015 at 5:12 PM UTC

Where did you here this? Of course it's allowed, it's a legitimate way of clicking
Basically there are two ways to butterfly click, most people do it the incorrect way, which they get no vibrations with and the hammer motion of the second tap gives extra, illegitimate clicks due to a bug on most mice. Though most people don't know the proper way, which gives you vibrations and gets you more clicks, legitimately. Due to this bug it is largely considered cheating and banable on servers such as Badlion and OCN from my understanding. Most anti-cheats pick up the improper butterfly as autoclicker.

ClubberNugget December 9, 2015 at 5:12 PM UTC

Warning: Noob inbound, coming in at high speeds.

CRASH

So.....What is butterfly clicking?....

Tazz December 9, 2015 at 5:12 PM UTC

Basically there are two ways to butterfly click, most people do it the incorrect way, which they get no vibrations with and the hammer motion of the second tap gives extra, illegitimate clicks due to a bug on most mice. Though most people don't know the proper way, which gives you vibrations and gets you more clicks, legitimately. Due to this bug it is largely considered cheating and banable on servers such as Badlion and OCN from my understanding. Most anti-cheats pick up the improper butterfly as autoclicker.
o ty

Sevoo December 9, 2015 at 6:12 PM UTC

I only use it for placing blocks fast.

I'm sure I'll get banned for auto clicking by G Cheat on Badlion though, or even OCN or here, if I'm on an alt.

I've been practicing it with normal clicking and my aim is bad af. I get around 10 cps compared to my 5 normally clicking, and when i get someone in a combo, it's pretty damn over powered. It's kind of like when you put an extremely low sensitivity on and jitterclick, only with your normal sensitivity. Unsurprisingly, the best mouse for illegitimate butterfly clicking, is the DeathAdder. Not only it has big buttons, but the clicks are incredibly light. I have it, and it's a lot easier than a normal mouse.

Dyspa December 9, 2015 at 6:12 PM UTC

This post is going nowhere.

How would the staff know someone is using this way to click? ._.

gobernment December 9, 2015 at 6:12 PM UTC

CRASH

It's when a butterfly lands on your mouse and clicks it for you.
For the OP, I don't think it should be illegal.

Sevoo December 9, 2015 at 6:12 PM UTC

This post is going nowhere.

How would the staff know someone is using this way to click? ._.
Exactly.

That's why it's hard to know if someone is jittering/butterflying or autoclicking.

You'd assume an alt with 40 kills placing 3 blocks above the ground while block spamming is autoclicking. You check if he's a regular on OCN, Kohi or even Badlion, and he hasn't, or has rarely, played on those servers. Instead of going through the trouble of contacting a Senior Mod, the usual Avicus staff member, at least a couple of months ago, bans the player for autoclicking. That's what happened to Splade. You probably already know this, but a lot of people don't.

Iron December 9, 2015 at 7:12 PM UTC

Exactly.

That's why it's hard to know if someone is jittering/butterflying or autoclicking.

You'd assume an alt with 40 kills placing 3 blocks above the ground while block spamming is autoclicking. You check if he's a regular on OCN, Kohi or even Badlion, and he hasn't, or has rarely, played on those servers. Instead of going through the trouble of contacting a Senior Mod, the usual Avicus staff member, at least a couple of months ago, bans the player for autoclicking. That's what happened to Splade. You probably already know this, but a lot of people don't.
And your point is?

Dyspa December 9, 2015 at 7:12 PM UTC

Exactly.

Linked to what Iron said, what's your point again?

awesome_apricot December 9, 2015 at 7:12 PM UTC

1. Any type of third party program that interfaces(directly or indirectly) with the minecraft client to provide an unfair advantage is strictly prohibited. Examples include(but not limited to) autoclickers, macros, multiple attack buttons (multiple buttons bound to mouse1), editing hardware to allow clicking faster than humanly possible (drag clicking), and changing default mouse interactions (like double/triple click on a single click). General rule is one button, one finger, one click.
General rule is one button, one finger, one click.

Butterfly clicking is not that, therefore they ban for it.. Ask Hughsie and check the badlion forums...

Sevoo December 9, 2015 at 7:12 PM UTC

And your point is?
We need to have better judgement when it comes to this.

I know it's hard, but there is a way to separate auto clicking from jitter/butterfly.

I remember watching a video on it. I recommend going to Stimulating for help, because he probably knows this, and pass this on in staff training.

Dyspa December 9, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

We need to have better judgement when it comes to this.

I know it's hard, but there is a way to separate auto clicking from jitter/butterfly.

I remember watching a video on it. I recommend going to Stimulating for help, because he probably knows this, and pass this on in staff training.
You know you can't tell someone is autoclicking just by 1v1ing him or watching a video you know that right?

AtditC December 9, 2015 at 9:12 PM UTC

If Badlion really doesn't allow you that, then they are fuc*** up stupid people there... Honestly, that's complete bullshit if it would be not allowed here -.- How could Mods even find out? There'd be more and more wrong bans and more and more complainments....

Badlion shit server/staff

ClubberNugget December 9, 2015 at 9:12 PM UTC

It's when a butterfly lands on your mouse and clicks it for you.
For the OP, I don't think it should be illegal.
Oh why didnt i think of that beforehand.....what a genius strategy

Sevoo December 9, 2015 at 9:12 PM UTC

You know you can't tell someone is autoclicking just by 1v1ing him or watching a video you know that right?
By spectating him, yes. Don't quote me on this, but I have seen a video of someone identifying autoclicking and jitter clicking in 2 separate 1v1s. He was a spectator.

YourAsian December 9, 2015 at 9:12 PM UTC

Butterfly vs Jittr = Butterfly

Sevoo December 9, 2015 at 9:12 PM UTC

Butterfly vs Jittr = Butterfly
I get 14 cps with jitter and 10 with butterfly. Although, according to Stimulating, I am doing it wrong.

Okiba December 9, 2015 at 10:12 PM UTC

Lol I butterfly clicked before I knew that it was called butterfly clicking ;3;

Dyspa December 9, 2015 at 11:12 PM UTC

I get 14 cps with jitter and 10 with butterfly. Although, according to Stimulating, I am doing it wrong.
CPS mean nothing. You don't need high cps to be good.

Sevoo December 9, 2015 at 11:12 PM UTC

I don't know, I've been getting a lot better combos on Kohi after butter fly clicking.

I used to think the same way, but apparently I was wrong.

Dyspa December 10, 2015 at 12:12 AM UTC

I don't know, I've been getting a lot better combos on Kohi after butter fly clicking.

I used to think the same way, but apparently I was wrong.
Dude, higher CPS get you to nothing, it's all about strafing, lmfao.

Sevoo December 10, 2015 at 12:12 AM UTC

Dude, higher CPS get you to nothing, it's all about strafing, lmfao.
I have to disagree. I agree, strafing is more important, but jitter clicking can get you mad combos. At least compared to my 14 cps with jitter and 5 without.

Dyspa December 10, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

I have to disagree. I agree, strafing is more important, but jitter clicking can get you mad combos. At least compared to my 14 cps with jitter and 5 without.
Ok buddy, ok.
It's easy to get mad combos on a server like this one.

DaFrozenBlaze December 10, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

It should be allowed, don't see why not.

BoldAndBrash December 10, 2015 at 2:12 AM UTC

I never really understood why people the to get so many cps in Minecraft...doesn't it only register like 3 clicks a second?

Hete December 10, 2015 at 3:12 AM UTC

I never really understood why people the to get so many cps in Minecraft...doesn't it only register like 3 clicks a second?
That may be true, but you are most likely to get the first hit and keep the combo with a higher cps. (Then again, aim and ping plays a role in this as well.)

DaFrozenBlaze December 10, 2015 at 4:12 AM UTC

With more cps, you are more likely to hit the other person. It doesn't actually make you do more damage.

Stimulating December 10, 2015 at 6:12 AM UTC

Fair warning, if you just slap your mouse button and get no vibrations for butterfly and do it a lot, you will break your mouse in probs around 1-2months. I'll probably do a butterfly clicking + difference vid on my channel for those who don't understand. Splade broke his mouse doing it slightly too hard in about 2 months.

BmB December 10, 2015 at 8:12 AM UTC

Ok buddy, ok.
It's easy to get mad combos on a server like this one.
Lol juano CPS is pretty much all that matters...

YourAsian December 10, 2015 at 10:12 AM UTC

I get 16-20 jitter and 15 with butterfly, but I get better combos with butterfly

dcstarwars December 10, 2015 at 11:12 AM UTC

If Badlion really doesn't allow you that, then they are fuc*** up stupid people there... Honestly, that's complete bullshit if it would be not allowed here -.- How could Mods even find out? There'd be more and more wrong bans and more and more complainments....

Badlion shit server/staff
Gcheat picks it up as autoclicking, that's why its banned on badlion

Sevoo December 10, 2015 at 1:12 PM UTC

Fair warning, if you just slap your mouse button and get no vibrations for butterfly and do it a lot, you will break your mouse in probs around 1-2months. I'll probably do a butterfly clicking + difference vid on my channel for those who don't understand. Splade broke his mouse doing it slightly too hard in about 2 months.
I don't really slap it. I more like, tap it.

AutoHit December 10, 2015 at 4:12 PM UTC

Butterfly clicking is just like jitter clicking. Most people I've seen using it get better CPS + combos, but there mouse breaks quite fast.

Dyspa December 10, 2015 at 5:12 PM UTC

Then explain me how can I get the same hits and combos with butterfly (11cps) and regular clicking (5cps).

At least it's all about strafing when you have a high ping (180-250ms).

iiDarudePvP December 10, 2015 at 5:12 PM UTC

what is it like? better than jitter or naw

DaGoldBrick December 10, 2015 at 6:12 PM UTC

Then explain me how can I get the same hits and combos with butterfly (11cps) and regular clicking (5cps).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozfgb7a02QI
tbh Aykoris is autoclicking pretty bad and you can see it on this guys pov!

Stimulating December 10, 2015 at 6:12 PM UTC

I don't really slap it. I more like, tap it.
Basically if you aren't hearing vibrations, your mouse will deteriorate at a much higher rate.

Zegita December 10, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

dw my g's butterfly clicking and jitterclicking will be useless in 1.9 pvp so it's all good folks.

HitByADagger December 10, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

http://prntscr.com/9cntwy my way is still better

Dyspa December 10, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

ya got me there!!

Nah, but seriously, the person needs to be dead obvious to be caught by just watching a vid.

Sevoo December 10, 2015 at 9:12 PM UTC

ya got me there!!

Nah, but seriously, the person needs to be dead obvious to be caught by just watching a vid.
That's why I said don't quote me on this xD.

Sevoo December 10, 2015 at 9:12 PM UTC

My Internet spikes a lot and I occasionally get around 300 ms. My CPS still helps me get better combos. I agree though, strafing is a lot more important.

Stimulating December 11, 2015 at 12:12 AM UTC

I'm going to make a video showing the differences between the two types of butterfly clicking (handcam and click sounds) with commentary to explain how it all works and the difference, I'll post it here when I'm done.

DaFrozenBlaze December 11, 2015 at 2:12 AM UTC

I'm going to make a video showing the differences between the two types of butterfly clicking (handcam and click sounds) with commentary to explain how it all works and the difference, I'll post it here when I'm done.
Yes ty

awesome_apricot December 11, 2015 at 6:12 PM UTC

Sounds good :D

Robin_DD_J December 11, 2015 at 6:12 PM UTC

It kind of does depending which gamemode you play, if it's pot, you dont need that high, however it becomes really important in reg. Imo.

Edit: also just saw what you said about "there is no difference between 5 and 14 cps because you get the same hits". Do you even realise how low 5 cps is? ._.

Dyspa December 11, 2015 at 9:12 PM UTC

It kind of does depending which gamemode you play, if it's pot, you dont need that high, however it becomes really important in reg. Imo.

Edit: also just saw what you said about "there is no difference between 5 and 14 cps because you get the same hits". Do you even realise how low 5 cps is? ._.
There's no noticeable difference for me at least.

DaGoldBrick December 13, 2015 at 1:12 PM UTC

There's still no difference between them if you have good aim noob

Robin_DD_J December 13, 2015 at 3:12 PM UTC

There's still no difference between them if you have good aim noob
Fight me with 3 cps  and we'll so who can win...

DaGoldBrick December 13, 2015 at 3:12 PM UTC

Fight me with 3 cps  and we'll so who can win...
Minecraft registers 4, so I can fight you with 4 cps and win if my aim is on point

awesome_apricot December 13, 2015 at 5:12 PM UTC

Minecraft registers 4, so I can fight you with 4 cps and win if my aim is on point
The point he's trying to make is the fast you click, the quicker the game can register those four hits every second

DaGoldBrick December 13, 2015 at 5:12 PM UTC

The point he's trying to make is the fast you click, the quicker the game can register those four hits every second

Again if you have 100% perfect aim, it doesn't matter how fast you click because you won't have to click extra for them to register as you're always aiming at them no matter what

awesome_apricot December 13, 2015 at 5:12 PM UTC

Again if you have 100% perfect aim, it doesn't matter how fast you click because you won't have to click extra for them to register as you're always aiming at them no matter what
You evidently don't understand, I shall leave a watercress sandwich in which you may compare yourself. (sarcastic ":P" face)

Coco_stag December 13, 2015 at 7:12 PM UTC

I do 3 CPS, and can still get huge combos on people, in badlion or kohi. Especially, the ones that are better than me. If you can strafe well, use the right tactics, its easy. Not just CPS...

lgmatias December 13, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

Butterfly clicking is cheating as it adds extra clicks that you did not do. The way servers like Badlion and Kohi pick it up is by using their respective GCheat and AntiSkid, not by moderators watching them. If it's allowed here, whatever but let it be known that it is the equivalent of a Razer Synapse autoclicker.

DaFrozenBlaze December 13, 2015 at 10:12 PM UTC

I do 3 CPS, and can still get huge combos on people, in badlion or kohi. Especially, the ones that are better than me. If you can strafe well, use the right tactics, its easy. Not just CPS...
Why would you do 3cps anyway.

Coco_stag December 13, 2015 at 11:12 PM UTC

Why would you do 3cps anyway.
Because I don't jitter, and I can't do higher than 3cps xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

DaFrozenBlaze December 13, 2015 at 11:12 PM UTC

3cps is really low... Usually when I pvp I get so hyped I click faster anyway.

Coco_stag December 13, 2015 at 11:12 PM UTC

3cps is really low... Usually when I pvp I get so hyped I click faster anyway.
If i jitter I get 8, but I normally get 3-6.

DaGoldBrick December 13, 2015 at 11:12 PM UTC

You evidently don't understand, I shall leave a watercress sandwich in which you may compare yourself. (sarcastic ":P" face)

I'm not the shitter whose asking if butterfly clicking makes a difference

Splades December 13, 2015 at 11:12 PM UTC

Its funny how popular this has gotten over the past 6 months.

Zegita December 13, 2015 at 11:12 PM UTC

what about clicking with ur toes?????

ClubberNugget December 14, 2015 at 12:12 AM UTC

Lol all this talk about combos, how the heck do you get those!!!??? First im told its all about cps, then strafing, then combos....Im just a guy trying to learn how to fight in a block game ;-;  but its something new every day lol

Rip me and my fellow nubs

DaFrozenBlaze December 14, 2015 at 12:12 AM UTC

Lol all this talk about combos, how the heck do you get those!!!??? First im told its all about cps, then strafing, then combos....Im just a guy trying to learn how to fight in a block game ;-;  but its something new every day lol

Rip me and my fellow nubs
It's all about kb.

shoop_raton December 14, 2015 at 12:12 AM UTC

CRASH

Look up videos on it

Stimulating December 14, 2015 at 12:12 AM UTC

sry, having trouble getting handcam recordings to my pc from phone...delay is real

DaFrozenBlaze December 14, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

sry, having trouble getting handcam recordings to my pc from phone...delay is real
Rip

Dyspa December 14, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

Honestly, you getting a combo is by far the best meme I've seen this year.

Coco_stag December 14, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

Honestly, you getting a combo is by far the best meme I've seen this year.
the fuck?

Dyspa December 14, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

the fuck?
Excuse me sir, I was just trying to make you open your eyes.

DaFrozenBlaze December 14, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

The burns

Coco_stag December 14, 2015 at 11:12 AM UTC

Excuse me sir, I was just trying to make you open your eyes.
Open your eyes to what your fking saying...

TurkishDelite December 14, 2015 at 11:12 AM UTC

lol...

DaFrozenBlaze December 14, 2015 at 11:12 AM UTC

Eye opener experiences.

awesome_apricot December 14, 2015 at 3:12 PM UTC

I'm not the shitter whose asking if butterfly clicking makes a difference
We weren't talking about 100% aim either.
Here
ANother watercress sandwich

EDIT: The first was watercress AND cucumber, so I kinda lied sorry :(

Dyspa December 14, 2015 at 5:12 PM UTC

you*

DaGoldBrick December 14, 2015 at 6:12 PM UTC

We weren't talking about 100% aim either.
Here
ANother watercress sandwich

EDIT: The first was watercress AND cucumber, so I kinda lied sorry :(

I came to avicus and expected people to not still have this level of stupidity, what a mistake I have made.

http://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/82262?page=2

BmB December 17, 2015 at 8:12 AM UTC

Good one, no you can't. If you had 3cps you wouldn't touch anyone who had arms to play minecraft with.

UneCookie December 17, 2015 at 4:12 PM UTC

Obvs autoclicker lmao XD