Avicus Archive

[Precaution]Change Your Passwords by BlueberryWaffle7 June 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM UTC

Recently, there has been some DDoSing going around and even some account hacking from some guy. 

If you did not know, the guys name is lelddos or something like that, and he has already hit many major servers, including our friends at OCN.

All I ask is that all of you change your password just to be safe, I would hate to see any of your accounts being hacked.

vladthegreat100 June 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM UTC

xD ive never listened to these things and nothing has ever happend, thanks for the warning tho <3

BlueberryWaffle7 June 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM UTC

This one is actually pretty serious, the guy made a list of 1.8k+ accounts with their info.
I didn't see anyone on the list that I recognized, but I would still advise that you change your password.

Lavish June 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM UTC

1.8k+ accounts? o-o

vladthegreat100 June 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM UTC

can I see the list please? o.o

BlueberryWaffle7 June 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM UTC

I will send the link to the staff via a report.

I don't want it to end up with people that are already banned here, because then they could just use it for ban evasion.

ViceTechnicolour June 26, 2014 at 3:06 PM UTC

The list was of fake usernames.

ParthDarthVader June 26, 2014 at 3:06 PM UTC

Yup

in fact I think the real alts are the idminecraft ones.

(staff you can delete that last bit if you think it is too much information)

zero9178 June 26, 2014 at 3:06 PM UTC

https://twitter.com/Marc_IRL/status/474051715700776960

BlueberryWaffle7 June 26, 2014 at 3:06 PM UTC

Many names on that list were real (Although a couple hundred were fake).

Either way, you cannot log in with the credentials that the guy posted in that link I shared with the staff, so there isn't that much of a worry.

However, if someone happened to know the player's email address (Assuming they have a mojang account) they could still get into it.
One of the accounts was a friend of mine's, and since I knew his email address I could access it.

Of course, I told him and he changed his password and such.