Avicus Archive

Banned, (Updated) by FileDotZip July 14, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

I have just noticed that I have been temporarily banned from Avicus for 24 hours. Reason being, Accusing others of "hacking". Lets rewind here. Now, we typically think of "Accusing" others of hacking is some [Removed] year old who hasn't played the game properly yet to know what hacking is, So if he were to notice someone better than him, he would never second think him self and give the other player a chance, he would automatically think the other player is "hacking" because he is better than him. I am not saying that the typical [Removed] year old playing would act like that nor trying to discount their credibility from writing this, there are sometimes hackers out there and sometimes are caught by the eye's of players, but normally should not equal a automatic statement from players to shout in chat, curse, or use aggressive language for what they had seen or experienced. Anyway I was playing a nebula map on Luar i believe so, and I had noticed a player that shall not be named, had quite a quick reaction time when it came to hitting players when he/she encountered them. At first i had just discredited this to be probably my ping being high or just a bad response time with my ISP (Internet Service Provider). I later encountered the player after he had fallen from a great height (5 blocks in the sky) and had some wood is their had and without even turning their head to look i was there, the player immediately started to hit me. As i tried to come closer to get the kill i was just hit farther and farther away from them, until they realized they were fighting me and had took their sword out to kill me. This frustrated me greatly and i had given them a chance, blew off my first gut feeling about them, but they later confirmed it and i had almost nothing to say but what i had said to the public chat for people to type the command /report (player's name) quickly after i had some people confirm my thoughts about the suspected hacker. I was automatically given a warning by Avicus's system about not saying in chat to /report players. I acknowledged that warning and continued playing. Funny thing, Next game a "Manager"(basically a administrator) and a "Jr Mod" had suddenly popped in and the "Manager" had started out of no where interrogating the the person who I had last game accused of "hacking". I had stated to the Manager that the previous game the player he was accusing was someone who had also been using Kill Aura, The manager had responded saying that he can confirm the accused hacker had or has been using Kill Aura and now the Manager is accusing the player of hacking. Little did i know i apparently had players in the game who did not appreciate my remarks about the player in question and my statements about him, and had decided it would be alright to start harassing me in chat, accusing me of hacking and other little things, i shook it off and continued playing. a bit later i decided to come back on to play a quick game of nebula when I discovered this: 
(image provided in link) http://imgur.com/NQTFrAT   

I will leave you guys to that, comment down below of what you think about this and i will be happy to respond to any questions asked.

~Thank you.   

*I will not be applying for a ban appeal, I had not followed Avicus rules and strict protocol's and accept full responsibility for my actions*

BelgiumWaffles July 14, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

This should be a kick.

Dawudis July 14, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

Yeah, I agree, you shouldn't have been banned. just kicked.

ParthDarthVader July 14, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

this is kind of offensive because there are a lot more mature 12 years olds out there on this server than you think. I happened to be 12 years old last year too.

D00ZiE July 14, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

BelguimWaffles you were not there and do not know the full story, so do not make assumptions and act like you know the proper punishment. 

Also, what kind of discussion do you think can come out of this? You broke a rule, so you were punished. I don't see why there was a need to make this.

BOSS_Turtle98 July 14, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

TL;DR
I don't know if you had hackusated after a mod had warned you or not, but 24 hours still seems like a bit much. In the future though, use /report instead of hackusating.

BelgiumWaffles July 14, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

BelguimWaffles you were not there and do not know the full story, so do not make assumptions and act like you know the proper punishment. 

Also, what kind of discussion do you think can come out of this? You broke a rule, so you were punished. I don't see why there was a need to make this.
Sorry man i was just trying to help:/
and i am a mod in a server to so i know this stuff.
and i certainly dont need advice from u.

Awarrior July 14, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

The whole text is really hard to follow, try splitting your text into paragraphs please.

24h looks like a bit much however

SWEET_Johny July 14, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

24 hours honestly isn't that big of a deal. 

I do agree it could be lowered to a kick, because I don't seem the real harm in accusing other players of hacks.

ShiptheBattle July 14, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

Agreed, one whole day does seem too harsh. 
Like, I don't believe (Looking from this guy's text and attitude) that he's a bad guy... 
Maybe one-hour temp ban?

Eklip_Z July 14, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

I really can't make a decision whether this is fair or not. I wasn't there from what I can remember so all I can say is just wait it out.

FileDotZip July 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM UTC

D00ZiE I had posted this to get the community's opinion on how this situation might have been handled differently on the staff's side of this. I had a partial feeling that this situation was a bit unfair but would see no point as to fighting it considering by the time i would get a unban my 24 hour unban would be up...

Everyone else, Thank you for your thoughts on how this may have been handled differently, hopefully they may make a difference in Avicus's banning system.

BelgiumWaffles July 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM UTC

D00ZiE I had posted this to get the community's opinion on how this situation might have been handled differently on the staff's side of this. I had a partial feeling that this situation was a bit unfair but would see no point as to fighting it considering by the time i would get a unban my 24 hour unban would be up...

Everyone else, Thank you for your thoughts on how this may have been handled differently, hopefully they may make a difference in Avicus's banning system.
I believe u mate<3

this is kind of offensive because there are a lot more mature 12 years olds out there on this server than you think. I happened to be 12 years old last year too.
Everyone was 12 at one point even me, 4 years ago, But i have been around long enough to know how certain age'd members act in the community (Not all, But some) I am not targeting any age group i am just stating a example from a commonly known age group who are associated with not being the most mature people.. But hey, my brother is 11 years old and is mature than most people i meet that are around my age.

The whole text is really hard to follow, try splitting your text into paragraphs please.

24h looks like a bit much however
Thank you, that will help me alot. I will keep that in mind next time I write.

Cyrus49 July 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM UTC

DAMN!!!, you spent that long writing that over a 24 hr ban????

Ay, all i do is play Avicus. That network has been my home since before it even existed and was named "MCZone" and to be banned and took away from something you love doesn't make you feel well. There was nothing else i could have been doing, banned from Avicus, might as well write a story about it and edit it for 3 hours.

You do not want to know how much I would write if i was permanently banned.

D00ZiE July 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM UTC

It is not up to the community to decide how this situation might have been handled differently. If you believe a staff member is not doing their job correctly you can contact a manager on Skype.

carrie_may July 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM UTC

woah woah i thought hackusating is only a kick not temp ban... this is a little unfair not unless a person hackusates with spams which can result to temp ban.

It is not up to the community to decide how this situation might have been handled differently. If you believe a staff member is not doing their job correctly you can contact a manager on Skype.
I'm sorry D00ZiE but the manager has removed me from Skype a number of days ago out of pure randomness, i had tried to contact them back, he/she has not responded yet. Also, If you think for one second that the community has no rule over anything, think again. Who fills 200+ player slots on Avicus's server every day?, think who pay's the server managers to keep up this very website we are communicating on (let alone keeping the server up), Think who brought life into Avicus community and server, People like me and you who play the game to have fun, meet new friends, and learn new things.

goldenwalrus909 July 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM UTC

I'm sorry I can't be on your side, but to be honest, I think this is a good punishment. I know if can be really frustrating to play Nebula sometimes, even without a hacker, so if you do run into a hacker you might start raging. Although this is true, you have to have self-control. You know that it's against the rules to call hacks in chat and to persuade players to /report. I'm sure other people saw that person, too, and reported them. Also, I don't think anyone would /report someone with no evidence after hearing it from some random person. Also, if the hacker saw what you said, (s)he could turn his/her hacks off or leave and mods couldn't ban him/her. Then, the hacker could come back later and continue hacking. I really like the change of how mods are strict about this because if you want someone to get banned, this is the last thing you'd want to do. I know it might be hard, but just try not to say anything next time :3

BoldAndBrash July 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM UTC

Its a day.

D00ZiE July 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM UTC

I'm sorry D00ZiE but the manager has removed me from Skype a number of days ago out of pure randomness, i had tried to contact them back, he/she has not responded yet. Also, If you think for one second that the community has no rule over anything, think again. Who fills 200+ player slots on Avicus's server every day?, think who pay's the server managers to keep up this very website we are communicating on (let alone keeping the server up), Think who brought life into Avicus community and server, People like me and you who play the game to have fun, meet new friends, and learn new things.
As beautiful and touching as that was, I still stand by my statement. The community does not decide if a punishment is unjust. If Theodore could come on and clear things up that would be great.

I'm sorry I can't be on your side, but to be honest, I think this is a good punishment. I know if can be really frustrating to play Nebula sometimes, even without a hacker, so if you do run into a hacker you might start raging. Although this is true, you have to have self-control. You know that it's against the rules to call hacks in chat and to persuade players to /report. I'm sure other people saw that person, too, and reported them. Also, I don't think anyone would /report someone with no evidence after hearing it from some random person. Also, if the hacker saw what you said, (s)he could turn his/her hacks off or leave and mods couldn't ban him/her. Then, the hacker could come back later and continue hacking. I really like the change of how mods are strict about this because if you want someone to get banned, this is the last thing you'd want to do. I know it might be hard, but just try not to say anything next time :3
I see where you come from on this situation and respect your opinions and views. Thank you, I will put your methods into considerations into practice next time.

As beautiful and touching as that was, I still stand by my statement. The community does not decide if a punishment is unjust. If Theodore could come on and clear things up that would be great.
Yes, i would indeed like to hear his side of the story so people can get a better view of what happened.

MLGtino July 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM UTC

As a moderator, I should be reading the essay you have presented me. But I'm not going to. Why? Because you're supposed to learn from mistakes. If you argue, you have to deal with the consequences given. 

I only read a few posts on this thread, I did not look over the entire thing. I just wanted to state my opinion on this.

As a moderator, I should be reading the essay you have presented me. But I'm not going to. Why? Because you're supposed to learn from mistakes. If you argue, you have to deal with the consequences given. 

I only read a few posts on this thread, I did not look over the entire thing. I just wanted to state my opinion on this.
Thank you