Avicus Archive

A Question about Nebula Gameplay / Rules by Classical_freaK July 19, 2014 at 9:07 AM UTC

I've been an avid Nebula player for a long while, at least six months now. I'm on my way to Prestige 1, and I've seen a great deal of things from the game. I fell in love with the last-generation maps, like Senex and Rendezvous. In these maps, the spawn has special zoning that blocks any chance of spawn-killing, thus enforcing the rule in a very efficient way. How come so many of the new-generation maps (like previously discussed, Illegal Office) don't have spawn protection anymore? I feel that map makers need to have more restrictions and more importantly, more requirements of their maps.

This is only my opinion, but having a strict rule against spawn-killing yet not making it difficult to do so seems a bit contradictory to me. You say, "you cannot eat the forbidden fruit", yet you basically put it in their mouths. I am not much of one for spawn-killing myself, but if people can't even spawn-kill at all, there's not fear of infractions or unfair gameplay.

And another question, why has chat changed so much? I used to not be able to say any curse words and now it's free-reign. And people say horrible stuff, and I can't exactly say "no cursing!" because it's not like anything's stopping them. 99% of servers that have chat-restrictions in the rules also have it in the coding. Why did this change? It kind of goes back to the spawn-killing rule. What's the point of having rules when you're giving people more opportunity to break them?

I love Avicus, and I have no complaints, just these two suggestions about my favorite Nebula game.

Eklip_Z July 19, 2014 at 9:07 AM UTC

I have no idea why the map devs have not implemented anti spawn killing yet but as for the change in chat, the chat has not changed, we do sometimes let swears slide depending on what word or how it's used. And why can't you say don't swear? You're helping us do our job, however if you fell that asking them to stop doesn't work simply report them using /report and we will gladly sus things out. We are constantly punishing people for swearing, team grief and spawn killing, I apologize if you think that we aren't punishing these players but we're doing our best.

kycrafft July 19, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

Illegal Office is um...yeah. I think it was just not added in in the. YAML. I think that it is on MD10 to fix it. 

As as for the swearing thing, you can still report players for excessive swearing or harassment, just the filter has been removed.