Avicus Archive

How to use FiyHacks (Rushing Tips) by ProfessorUtonium June 16, 2015 at 2:06 AM UTC

Some Tips to help you mine monuments
I like making these types of posts

1. Understand the Map
    -This is essential to being a good offensive player. If you know the maps layout, you can create paths/routes to reach the monument. Maps have different resources. Find some items you can use (water for example)

2. Understand who is defending and what they have
    -This is also essential to being a good offensive player. You need to understand who is defending and what they have. If you see 2 guys with no armor, you can kill them easily. If you see a full diamond, you can stay far away and mine it without them noticing

3. Understand how the defense is set-up
    -Don't run into the defense without knowing what you are up against. Something I do is: I go in with nothing fancy (armor, enchants) and see how the defense is set up. If you know what you are up against you can create plans to get that monument

4. Create a hotbar layout you understand
    -A Hotbar Layout I use is (in order from left to right)
Sword, Bow, Pick, Axe, Food, Gold Apple, Wood, A block you can destroy easily (Glass, Stone), More Wood. This helps me understand what I have while attacking

5. Use music that you like
    -This will help you relax and focus on the defense you are against

6. Use a team to help you
    -Having multiple players attack with you can raise your chances of winning

7. Following up to #1: Have Multiple routes/paths to the monument
    -Eventually Defenders will understand how you are attacking if you are using the same path over and over again after you die. Example: after taking a skybridge why not an underbridge? The enemies will be distracted from them thinking you are attacking from the top and not the bottom

8. Carry an Axe
    -Axes can help you in the offensive area. You need to destroy wood when you need to get around defenses/blocked tunnels

9. Carry Water Buckets
     -Water Buckets can help when you a lot. The goal of using water buckets is to reduce fall damage when you jump on maps with hills (Venonous DTM). If you are sure you can 1v1 a full iron/diamond with 5 hearts left from fall damage, go ahead. If you have a water bucket, you can reduce fall damage.

10. Find a Weakness
       - Every defense has a weakness, now how do you find it? Most defenses are weak to skybridges with water pouring down. Some defenses have no void protection (protection against getting hit into the void). Some defenses might have 2 full leather gear defenders so go in with full iron. Finding a weakness can help you

11. Stay away from players and stay out of sight

-The easiest thing you can do is stay underground. Staying out of sight will reduce the likelyhood of defenders knowing you are there. If the defender sees you running towards the defense, he/she will need to kill you. You can stay out of sight or stay distant from player

This is mostly it. I'll try to update it with other tips on how to be a good offensive player.

12. Use Enchants
       -Enchants can vary how a fight goes. The best offensive enchant is either sharpness or Knockback. Most avicus maps now have enchantment tables so make sure to enchant your swords! If you have one extra level, try to get Effficency on your pickaxe.

13. Use Iron Gear
       -Using iron gear will help you live longer when fighting. This can help take out an iron defender or a two non-armored man defense.

14. Block Hit
     -Block Hit when you need to. If you think you won't win a fight, you can start block hitting when will help you live longer

15. Bow Spam
        -Players will get mad at you but nbow spamming can help you in tricky situations. Do this only on maps with infinity bows. This can make the enemy stop sprinting at you to make it so you can combo him, or to mnock him into the void when he/she is shot

emilizzle June 16, 2015 at 7:06 AM UTC

or just start a skybridge before their defence begins fall on their roof knock everyone of till you can destroy the monument ez

Fuseh June 16, 2015 at 9:06 AM UTC

Ok.

ProfessorUtonium July 21, 2015 at 1:07 PM UTC

Updated with 8, 9, 10, 11

ProfessorUtonium August 1, 2015 at 4:08 AM UTC

Updated with 12, 13, 14, 15

Zintenka August 1, 2015 at 5:08 AM UTC

Y'know, that is the exact same hotbar layout I use. I use most of these tips to rush, though I'm not one of the best.