Avicus Archive

Legit tactics of playing by StewieFG December 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM UTC

So recently, me and Ambivalence_ Were playing on avicus and got accused for using legit tactics.
First, the mostly thing that everyone accuses someone for: Bow-Spamming.
Bow spamming is a completelty legit tactic, and if it annoys you that not the player matter, he uses a legit tactic so do not spam the chat with "PLAYER123 IDIOT BOWSPAMMER OMG".
Second, the blockspamming. Blockspamming is a very good tactic that helps you to rush and make the enemys hard to kill you. Why do you have to say "PLAYER1234 BLOCKSPAMMER N00B".
Third, and the most good tactic that I don't even know why people accuse for it: Block-hitting.
Now seriously guys, who doesn't block-hit?  It's completely normal tactic.. 

Is it really necessary for the chat?
I think the chat was inveneted for fun and saying messages, and not to be rude to other players for them to use legit-tactic..
My point is that I don't think its necessary to players to accuse other players for using legit tactics and all of them, anyone can use them!

Hope you will understand, for make avicus a better place :D

-EricV4 and Ambivalence_

Lucifist December 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM UTC

-1 noob ur a bowspammer!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

StewieFG December 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM UTC

-1 noob ur a bowspammer!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
cri everytim

MLGtino December 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM UTC

Why would you let that bother you?
That just means they're bad at PvP and need some sorry bad excuse to make up for it.

BoldAndBrash December 14, 2014 at 4:12 PM UTC

lol just kik ther buts wen tey tri to kil u and mak tem crie

StewieFG December 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM UTC

That just means they're bad at PvP and need some sorry bad excuse to make up for it.
Because people has to understand that it's a legit tactic and there's nothing wrong with bowspamming and especially not being rude and saying noob for using a completely legit tactics that are good.
"Every thing that makes you win is legit. Includes hacking. o wait"-Ambivalence_

Stimulating December 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM UTC

when I see people complain about blockhitting on PvP servers it makes me want to cry. Blockhitting is perfectly legit. You just hybrid blockhit in nexus like mad and get triples for dayz xD

Emmaye December 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM UTC

People can choose to do this if they want to, I'm not intending it in the said form as if they do it purposely, but you're saying this because YOU wouldn't say things like that in chat. If they say some things in chat that start to become rude or nasty towards others or just in general, then you can just report them ingame or online with sufficient evidence. Some people aren't that derogatory.

Stimulating December 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM UTC

lmao spot on ^^^^^^^^

lulle265 December 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM UTC

I don't like blockspamming teammates, I hate it when noobs blockhit and I hate it when people bowspam, it also takes little skill. They may be legit tactics, but I wouldn't like to see everybody use them. I do bowspam a little, but never when people are up close.

StewieFG December 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM UTC

People can choose to do this if they want to, I'm not intending it in the said form as if they do it purposely, but you're saying this because YOU wouldn't say things like that in chat. If they say some things in chat that start to become rude or nasty towards others or just in general, then you can just report them ingame or online with sufficient evidence. Some people aren't that derogatory.
Nah, not  punishments needs to be given.
The results of  this that the players stop using these tactics because of the accusers.
Ex.: Me, i stopped bowspamming because people told me nub bowpsammah, after an ocn match with mars, he told me everything that makes u win except hacks is a legit tactic.

Iron December 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM UTC

Bow spamming is great..... It makes people rage so much, and it generally generates a laugh or two.

Arcane_Horror December 14, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

I'm fine with these but it's very annoying when there are 2 guys (one in front of me and the other behind me) bowspamming me so i'm just flying back and forth like a ping pong ball.

StewieFG December 14, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

Bow spamming is great..... It makes people rage so much, and it generally generates a laugh or two.
ikr

Sevoo December 14, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

I honestly hate when people bow spam, but not blockhit.

I never call them nubs for that tho :P

source_route December 14, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

im a happy bows-pammer and jitterclicker

Myv December 14, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

I hate bowspammers!1

They're nubs who can't PvPfor life!!

Like me den kthxbai

Infivix December 14, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

WHAT HE SAID!

Infivix December 14, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

I personally don't care for bow spammers, cause it shows me they have no skill whatsoever and are probably new to Minecraft PvP. However, regarding block-hitting, I don't mind people who do it unless they just constantly do it, which gets really annoying. For block spamming, it's a good tactic that if utilized right, can be useful for rushing or getting past groups of opposing players.

BoldAndBrash December 14, 2014 at 8:12 PM UTC

I personally don't care for bow spammers, cause it shows me they have no skill whatsoever and are probably new to Minecraft PvP. However, regarding block-hitting, I don't mind people who do it unless they just constantly do it, which gets really annoying. For block spamming, it's a good tactic that if utilized right, can be useful for rushing or getting past groups of opposing players.
You get mad at people because they bowspam yet all you do is get mad. .-.

Bowspamming makes aiming harder, so it should be easy to get around. Its a really useful strategy that helps with dealing damage and making people mad.

Infivix December 14, 2014 at 8:12 PM UTC

You get mad at people because they bowspam yet all you do is get mad. .-.

Bowspamming makes aiming harder, so it should be easy to get around. Its a really useful strategy that helps with dealing damage and making people mad.
"You get mad at people because they bowspam yet all you do is get mad. .-." What?.. talk normally please. I get mad when people bow spam and I get mad again??

build_high December 14, 2014 at 9:12 PM UTC

If yew mean bowspamming when people are trying to bridge, i hate that. It makes the game take for ever while nubbishly picking on the extremely vunerable. Anyway im sure its a legit tactic but its boring, ruins games and is just stupid.

i wouldnt have a problem with block spamming as it is a really useful tactic and can really helpful while rushing but i always glitch in the blocks for like a minute everytime

my only problem with blockhitting is when it is excessive and their only tactic, thats pretty nubby.

Emmaye December 14, 2014 at 10:12 PM UTC

Nah, not  punishments needs to be given.
The results of  this that the players stop using these tactics because of the accusers.
Ex.: Me, i stopped bowspamming because people told me nub bowpsammah, after an ocn match with mars, he told me everything that makes u win except hacks is a legit tactic.
Well, you can't do anything about this, since they choose to do that. Asking for them to stop makes it as a result where most likely, they will say no or a denied factor in a rude way.

Mathematical December 14, 2014 at 11:12 PM UTC

I am confused why these tactics are considered nooby tactics. Some say they are nooby because they are easy to do and people use them a lot. If the definition of a nooby tactic is "a simple and used a lot tactic" then would clicking a mouse be a nooby tactic? Would strafing be a nooby tactic? Or how about sprinting and jumping? These tactics are all simple and used a lot.

I am perfectly fine with people using these tactics. If our pvp tactics were limited then I wouldn't think Minecraft would really be as fun.

JoseTheSavage December 14, 2014 at 11:12 PM UTC

Block-hitting= EXTREMELY GOOD
Block spam= Good
Bow spam= It really sucks -.- It is legit is the worst legit tactic ever :l

Stimulating December 14, 2014 at 11:12 PM UTC

Bowspam is annoying af. But if you do it correctly it's so OP. 

Blockhitting and just standing there is noobie, weaving it in your normal hit patterns and taking full benefit from it's advantages is good. 

Blockspamming while running for no reason shows you don't know what to do or you're trolling. I use it while running away and will turn and jitterclick, spamming blocks everywhere in my pursuer's face.

HappyHolidays December 15, 2014 at 12:12 AM UTC

Tell the person you have the A and D keys to move left and right to strafe. XD learn to move not just foward

Y0urm0m1 December 15, 2014 at 12:12 AM UTC

I don't like blockspamming teammates, I hate it when noobs blockhit and I hate it when people bowspam, it also takes little skill. They may be legit tactics, but I wouldn't like to see everybody use them. I do bowspam a little, but never when people are up close.
 I hate it when noobs blockhit and I hate it when people bowspam, it also takes little skill.

well blockhitting is bad i can give you that. it literaly takes no skill to block hit. However, bowspamming does require skill when it comes to bowspam strafers and if they move a lot, you need to track and anticipate their movements in order to hit them so it does take skill

I hate it when noobs blockhit and I hate it when people bowspam, it also takes little skill.

well blockhitting is bad i can give you that. it literaly takes no skill to block hit. However, bowspamming does require skill when it comes to bowspam strafers and if they move a lot, you need to track and anticipate their movements in order to hit them so it does take skill
bit of clarification but here are my personal thoughts about thse tactics

Block Hitting: sure its a legit tactic but also one of the worse(depends how you use it). Block hitting reduces the amount of damage you take from the opponents while your making damge to the opponent. hwoever, the opponent can easily counter that by strafing and you will die. IMO, block hitting is one of the worse tactics in general pvp but the only way  block hitting is good for is

A. Blocking an arrow: really reduces kb and damge taken

B. In tight close spaces where the opponent his little to move around in. please note block hitting does not reduce fall damge or when your burning

c. combos? idk

Block Spamming: legit tacic. can be annoying if someone from your own team does it on your side but its good to slow down the enemy ish

Bowspamming: this is  argumentably, the best/ cheapest tactic? Well, it is a legit tactic and it does take skill to use this. I mean when you bowspam, it is hard to bowspam when your coming against a person who moves around a lot or someone who is strafing you and it does reqire skill. So ya, comepletely legit tactic because your doing damage to the opponent thats coming after you while you take no damage. IT is good to save you in situations. 

For example, when you bowspam an opponent coming after you, do some damage and then engage them in sword to sword combat. that way,  you have a more likely chance of winning. IT is a very good tactic to use. It is easy to use and easy to avoid as well by blocking and strafing.

these are my opinions on them so ya

Stimulating December 15, 2014 at 12:12 AM UTC

Blockhitting when weaved in between normal hits and when you 8-block it isn't noob in the slightest. People just like to complain and make excuses. I 8-blocked this kid a lot in a 1v1 and he called me a pinger when I had 40ms and 7cps and proceeded to ragequit. This isn't trying to brag, this is trying to show the dumb stuff people come up with to try and make excuses for their losses and lack of skill. One thing people don't seem to realize is that if they think that tactic is OP then why not use it to your advantage as well? 
I blockhit a lot, but I know how to properly use it in PvP other than the situations and reasons why you'd use it listed above.

Blockhitting when weaved in between normal hits and when you 8-block it isn't noob in the slightest. People just like to complain and make excuses. I 8-blocked this kid a lot in a 1v1 and he called me a pinger when I had 40ms and 7cps and proceeded to ragequit. This isn't trying to brag, this is trying to show the dumb stuff people come up with to try and make excuses for their losses and lack of skill. One thing people don't seem to realize is that if they think that tactic is OP then why not use it to your advantage as well? 
I blockhit a lot, but I know how to properly use it in PvP other than the situations and reasons why you'd use it listed above.
i mean ok blockhitting is in general bad but can also be good. I mean, if they can do it, you can use it as well. Like its good in tight spaces, combos, and block arrows. It is bad in normal combat like if you block hit all the time. 

so ya agree you on there on your last sentence :)

Stimulating December 15, 2014 at 12:12 AM UTC

i mean ok blockhitting is in general bad but can also be good. I mean, if they can do it, you can use it as well. Like its good in tight spaces, combos, and block arrows. It is bad in normal combat like if you block hit all the time. 

so ya agree you on there on your last sentence :)
ty <3 

but yeah, if all you do is sit there and blockhit you end up losing against someone who knows how to strafe.

Jahaj December 15, 2014 at 4:12 AM UTC

Ya, strafing is OP. It can avoid 2 of the 3 things you mentioned, so if they do that, then the tactics do take skill, and are not noobish.

StewieFG December 15, 2014 at 5:12 AM UTC

Guys, I get your all point and accept your opinion.
however, in my opinion that's not true
even pros bow spam, happend to me a week ago on teamspeak when I accused Zeus for it, and he kept reminding me it's a completely legit tactic.
and yeah,it's actually is
when people use these tactics they may be noobs,or not, but you didn't get my point
my point wasn't giving proof that the people that use these tactics are noobs, my point was so do not accuse others for doing it.

Lucifist December 15, 2014 at 5:12 AM UTC

Actually, bow spamming is a great tactic, and it does what it's meant to do. Half of the people don't even know how to bow spam properly, it you utilize it in a proper manner, it could turn out to be great! It's hard if you do it properly.

S3M3L December 15, 2014 at 7:12 AM UTC

I remember the first couple of days I played on Avicus and we had our argue because you said I only knew how to bowspam, it was fun times actually, as I never bowspam.

I would say, bowspam is when you rapidly shoot arrows at your opponent in order to use the knockback in your advantage, as it only takes half a heart or a heart damage maximum. 

I understand that some people do blockspam as it is both a good and a bad tactic, as you probably know, if someone attacks you from the side while you are running and blockspam, the knockback in the hit will make you fly further than you only were running and not jumping. 

Block-hitting is a smart tactic as you both attack and defend yourself while you are being attacked, the only downside with it is, you won't do as much damage as if you only attacked a player.

Otherwise, you could use the tactic DGB always does, you hit players into void, I find it really funny especially as DGB is a "pvp-god". If someone can help me understand how you are a pvp-god when you only know how to hit people into void, I will gladly listen. 

"Pvp-god", hahahaha ...

Pavlo December 15, 2014 at 11:12 AM UTC

Well,  I used to think that bow spamming was a bad tactic and it always made me go rage. But in the end, you can't do anything about bow spammers, so use it to your advantage. It can be very useful sometimes.

Zedther December 15, 2014 at 11:12 AM UTC

I cri when people say I'm a noob for using pyro ;-;

Trexychan December 15, 2014 at 1:12 PM UTC

I don't like to bow spam. I do it for 2-3 shots most of the time and run awayyyy.

But there are times when people just keep coming at me when I AM bow spamming, and they don't run away... they just keep coming...

potatoarmor December 18, 2014 at 3:12 AM UTC

What is block hitting and block spamming?

I assume block spamming is running and placing random blocks, to slow down somebody who is chasing you?

Colecrc December 18, 2014 at 4:12 AM UTC

"Takes little skill"

So your saying running to the side is true skill, or is making sure your getting correct timing take skill?

Y0urm0m1 December 18, 2014 at 4:12 AM UTC

What is block hitting and block spamming?

I assume block spamming is running and placing random blocks, to slow down somebody who is chasing you?
correct. Block hitting is when you block and hit at the same time to deal damge to the enemy while you take less damge to theenemy. OF coruse you also do less damge to the enemy beccause half of the time your blocking

PieZ December 18, 2014 at 5:12 AM UTC

Bow spamming is actually a good tactic but 99% of players don't know how to use it correctly

Doppelganger_ December 18, 2014 at 9:12 AM UTC

If it really bothers you turn off chat. This the Internet there will always be people like that and the also forums community is just a fraction of the playing community and most of the people that do that aren't on the forums.