Avicus Archive

{Walls} Earning EXP. by BoldAndBrash March 29, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

Recently, I've been getting into walls. There are usually around 2-3 people on each team which makes it pretty hard to get exp. I mean, you prepare really hard for 10 minutes only to end up getting 0 kills. I believe players should earn exp. in more ways than just getting kills.

Opinions?

TheColdCrafter March 29, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

Hi Xiphias.
You know the point of minecraft isnt to get xp.
Its to have fun.
as long as you have fun it dosent really matter how much xp you get, right?

Legoche March 29, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

I agree

Even thouh this is probably going to get the communty all Pissed off.

BoldAndBrash March 29, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

Hi Xiphias.
You know the point of minecraft isnt to get xp.
Its to have fun.
as long as you have fun it dosent really matter how much xp you get, right?
Trust me, I've been having fun :)

But, I just think there should be another way of earning exp. considering there are hardly ever that many people on each team. I'm not really sure if it's just me.

Trust me, I've been having fun :)

But, I just think there should be another way of earning exp. considering there are hardly ever that many people on each team. I'm not really sure if it's just me.
I agree there should be another way to earn Exp.
If you have any ideas, you should find a way to contact a Map developer or moderator and tell them what you think.
You have a right to free speech ;)

HardBrexit_ March 29, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

With the emerald rank you get 8xp per kill and 10 per win. When you start yolo rushing when the walls fall you will get tons of xp.

BoldAndBrash March 29, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

With the emerald rank you get 8xp per kill and 10 per win. When you start yolo rushing when the walls fall you will get tons of xp.
Not all about me

kycrafft March 29, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

Walls defensively needs to reward more xp. 

In a 10 minute game of nexus I might be able to get ~25 depending on the map, ect. That equates to about 50 xp + 5xp if I win. In walls it is less consistent. I might be able to get 2-3 kills a game. 3 kills is 12 xp + 6xp if I win.

So in 10 minutes of nexus I can get 55xp and in 10 minutes of walls (and matches go longer, around 20 minutes!) I can get 17xp. 

Let's recap:
•Nexus: 55xp per 10 minutes
•Walls: 17xp per 20 minutes

it really should be 5xp for making it untill the walls fall, 8xp per kill and 5xp for a win.

HardBrexit_ March 29, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

Not all about me
I know but you do gain a lot of xp per kill even as a non-donator. I think its fine people that play walls aren't going for prestige's they like  the fun.

kycrafft March 29, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

I know but you do gain a lot of xp per kill even as a non-donator. I think its fine people that play walls aren't going for prestige's they like  the fun.
No actually, you don't. I earn 4xp per kill and 5xp per win. Let's I am a pro and get 5 kills and a win every game I play. That's 25xp per a 15-25 minute game  and that is not nearly as much as playing Nexus or Nebula.

BoldAndBrash March 30, 2015 at 11:03 PM UTC

Gonna go ahead and bump this.

I think you should earn 3 exp if you survive until walls drop.

RightSide March 31, 2015 at 5:03 AM UTC

I agree I think I could give you xp for mining so much and walking a distance or how many kill you have got !

BoldAndBrash March 31, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

I agree I think I could give you xp for mining so much and walking a distance or how many kill you have got !
I think it'd be hard to make it so you get exp for mining, I'm not sure though.

kycrafft March 31, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

I think it'd be hard to make it so you get exp for mining, I'm not sure though.
There could be a feature where you get xp from going to the center right after the walls drop. It could encourage people not to skybase as much.

BoldAndBrash March 31, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

There could be a feature where you get xp from going to the center right after the walls drop. It could encourage people not to skybase as much.
I actually like that idea a lot :)

Polar_Express April 1, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

We may have some mini-rotations once the update comes out that will make getting into games faster. I think a lot of good things are going to come from the update. Glad to see your getting into walls. I have played walls a little, so I understand :)