Avicus Archive

Old avicus community vs New avicus community by ballzi September 25, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Please I would love your thoughts of the New vs the Old. This is a rant page feel free too rant about this. :D

Notalgicular September 25, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

The old is old and the new hasn't happened yet

Shoto_ September 25, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

A lot of cool Avicus players left, and a lot of cool new players came. :)

ballzi September 25, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

The old is old and the new hasn't happened yet
Notal in other words it MCzone vs Avicus

Arachadonic September 25, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Was never on McZone but from what I hear it was a hot mess. Lots of players but equally lots of chaos. Now currently we have less players but a bit more order and control at least.

Porkyyy September 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

I played on McZone with another account which now belongs to my friend, but the community back then wasn't as great as it is now. I remember that people in-game were swearing all the time, and just treating each other like garbage. I see a very big improvement now, because many players remind others to watch the language, and those types of gestures in general.

guppiigo September 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

I was part of the WallsMC back in Feb or Jan 2013. It was no hub server or anything. Once you joined it put you in a walls game. So no one really talked, no one was popular. Then McZone came in, the server became more popular and other cool stuff. But like Porky said, a bunch of garbage started happening. Now there is an improvement I dont know as if September because i got perm banned in August. But this is the first server i've joined and my favorite for a long time.

MLGtino September 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

I'm going to give my general opinion on this all:

McZone - Great quality server, okay quality community.

Early Avicus - Good quality server, outstanding community (everyone was nice, friendly, no staff tryhards, lots of support and almost no forum spammers).

Today - Awful server quality (lag, maps gameplay vs. aesthetics issues, extremely immature player base), bad community (mod tryhards as far as the eye can see, everyone being immature and carrying a negative atmosphere like myself, corruption everywhere, lots of forum spam and general issues, lack of organization, etc).

But that's just me, disagree or not, my thoughts won't change.

_Avy September 25, 2014 at 11:09 PM UTC

Early Avicus - Good quality server, outstanding community (everyone was nice, friendly, no staff tryhards, lots of support and almost no forum spammers).

Today - Awful server quality (lag, maps gameplay vs. aesthetics issues, extremely immature player base), bad community (mod tryhards as far as the eye can see, everyone being immature and carrying a negative atmosphere like myself, corruption everywhere, lots of forum spam and general issues, lack of organization, etc).

I 100% agree with your statement, I think you've covered it all.

Phobiaxx September 25, 2014 at 11:09 PM UTC

Well said ^.^

Lavish September 25, 2014 at 11:09 PM UTC

Old Community was baller

Goodnighht September 25, 2014 at 11:09 PM UTC

I loved avicus before 1.8. I gotta be honest I think 1.8 messed with server lag and a lot of other things that everyone has been seeing. but before that I loved avicus. It seemed like everyone knew everyone and if there was a hacker there would be like 3/4 ppl recording. and a tin of ppl would use /report.
but ever since 1.8 it seems like everyone hacks and I don't know anyone beside the mods and like 5 other ppl that accually play :/

Phobiaxx September 25, 2014 at 11:09 PM UTC

Avicus is still 1.7...

ik but 1.8 I think its messing with all the servers 1.8 or not bucz ever since 1.8 the server lag and timing out has been happening before that everything was fine :)

FallTimeSummer September 25, 2014 at 11:09 PM UTC

I played MCzone for a while, but I was like 10 so i can't remember :l lol Early Avicus was pretty good though. Current Avicus is basically as MLGtino said but there are a lot of ragers, hackers and swearers. I don't mind, as the game is still playable and the lag has been recently fixed. Its still my favourite server though.

yea I agree. you cant leave the best server ever bcuz of lag <<< +10000000000000 ^^^ +10 :P

Mooch24 September 26, 2014 at 12:09 AM UTC

hot

PsychoStoner September 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

Was better back then, nuff said.

Goodnighht September 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

? Mooch

Mooch24 September 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

? Mooch
hi my name is mooch

Aydran September 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

Have my Plus Juan.

lol mooch I know who you are I dint under stand what you were saying :P

Allen_Iverson September 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

I was actully noticed in MCZone. just saying.

I still notice you :)

FallTimeSummer September 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

I was actully noticed in MCZone. just saying.
IM NOTICING YOU! No srsly, we're on the same server and I see you.

Lol

Lol
:D killed him

D00ZiE September 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

Stay on topic.

Haha did you tell him that you notice him :)

We basically are, I just got off it a teensy bit. Blame me.

Goodnighht September 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

We were off topic for a while lol not ate say bit XD

FallTimeSummer September 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Stop getting off topic :D

D00ZiE September 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Both of you can stop now. Last warning.

Goodnighht September 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Ok sry :(

kycrafft September 26, 2014 at 3:09 AM UTC

Then:
http://old.avicus.net/forums/topic/7786

Now:
[Now]

ImJeezus September 26, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

MCZone: Great staff team, alright community, Great Gameplay
Early Avicus(9-11 months ago) Alright staff, peak of community, alright gameplay
Modern: Ok staff team, Terrible community, God-Awful gameplay

kycrafft September 26, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

MCZone: Great staff team, alright community, Great Gameplay
Early Avicus(9-11 months ago) Alright staff, peak of community, alright gameplay
Modern: Ok staff team, Terrible community, God-Awful gameplay
+1

Iron September 26, 2014 at 7:09 AM UTC

There is light at the end of the road! We just haven't reached the end of it...

ImJeezus September 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM UTC

It is the end of the road.

Zedther September 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM UTC

A lot of old community members have come and gone :/
But not me <3

ProfessorUtonium September 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM UTC

There is always light!

kycrafft September 26, 2014 at 7:09 PM UTC

There is always light!
There is a bomb at the end of the road too.

Mooch24 September 26, 2014 at 7:09 PM UTC

why is there drama over a minecraft server

so limp

BelgiumWaffles September 28, 2014 at 8:09 AM UTC

i dont like this cr*pmczone was the best

OPTOBAT September 28, 2014 at 2:09 PM UTC

Well this is a nice original thread and all, but it really depends what you mean by old? the entire old forums or just a certain time period or what?

NuclearDucky September 28, 2014 at 4:09 PM UTC

I would say old avicus because the games were AWESOME but he community........just no I mean the community was terrible but I still made some friends there but most of them left ;( but then in the new avicus I made ALOT more friends then in old avicus but I still remember the time I played with my old avicus friends :)

TigerMan200028 October 2, 2014 at 8:10 PM UTC

Old > New

Yung_Metro October 3, 2014 at 12:10 AM UTC

preach

Kels October 3, 2014 at 1:10 AM UTC

I've been through both communities, so I'll explain both.

McZone - A community who complains way more than they should, immature overall.

Avicus right now - I'll admit, the forums have mod tryhards. Some of them think they're so cool. Then you have some of the avicus "pro" pvpers where they think they're so good they act like they're the king of pvp. The other side (small amount) is ok.

Honestly Old > New, but they are both pretty awful

The_Detonator_ October 3, 2014 at 2:10 AM UTC

Wow, people think the mczone community was good. Sorry, what community?

As someone who first hand had to deal with it, I can tell you right now that it was the most immature place you could find yourself.

I'd come on the forums at like nine o'clock, notice that hornet's spamming the forums with gore, clean that up, go to bed, come on the next day, someone's started a petition against the "hackers" from ocn and has managed to convince half the forum of the dilemma. Come on the next day and there'd be multiple threads for "how to mod plz".
This would go on just about continuously.

If you're seriously calling the mczone community good, then you probably have not experienced it.

Emmaye October 3, 2014 at 2:10 AM UTC

Wow, people think the mczone community was good. Sorry, what community?

As someone who first hand had to deal with it, I can tell you right now that it was the most immature place you could find yourself.

I'd come on the forums at like nine o'clock, notice that hornet's spamming the forums with gore, clean that up, go to bed, come on the next day, someone's started a petition against the "hackers" from ocn and has managed to convince half the forum of the dilemma. Come on the next day and there'd be multiple threads for "how to mod plz".
This would go on just about continuously.

If you're seriously calling the mczone community good, then you probably have not experienced it.
The Real Mc-Zone

OldManTigerMask October 20, 2014 at 8:10 PM UTC

MC Zone is best they had 4132 PLAYERS :D

Notalgicular October 20, 2014 at 8:10 PM UTC

MC Zone is best they had 4132 PLAYERS :D
and then an average 30 players

_BillGates October 20, 2014 at 8:10 PM UTC

Old.

borgoyne November 3, 2014 at 12:11 AM UTC

I prefer Mc Zone

_Stormz November 3, 2014 at 1:11 AM UTC

Please don't bump old topics. Not sure why this wasn't locked before.