Avicus Archive

Walls - fire needs to be fixed by potatoarmor August 17, 2014 at 7:08 AM UTC

Things aren't burning right, it's hard to burn down a tree or skybase.  It's like the fire doesn't spread.

Plus flint & steel doesn't work at all.

Please fix it so flint & steel works again, and fire actually burns things.  Burning down trees / skybases is a part of the game.  Thx.

OldManTigerMask August 17, 2014 at 10:08 AM UTC

This has been REMOVED 
Due to this Following Reasons:

steven5703 August 17, 2014 at 4:08 PM UTC

Plus Juan!
Maybe you shouldn't be able to use it before the walls drop.

rot43 August 17, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Plus Juan!
Maybe you shouldn't be able to use it before the walls drop.
ugh, I know right. Right now, it's the exact opposite, you can place it before the walls drop, but not after.

Murphh August 17, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

Completely agree.  Please bring fire spread back to burn down skybases and trees.

Polar_Express August 17, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

I agree we need fire on certain maps. Some maps it destroys the map, and thats no good, but on some maps I think it is great. I think the game rule is just set to not allow fire to tick.

kycrafft August 17, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

This has been REMOVED 
Due to this Following Reasons:

• Players Grief 
  • Abuse
  • Laggy
And who told you that?

Arachadonic August 17, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

If people moan about getting lag from "glass" (seriously?) "water" "snow" then fire will destroy them. Imagine the horror in a map full of trees.. Don't get me wrong I love that tactic of burning people out (bit of a pyro) so maybe what Polar said would be a great idea. To have it enabled only on certain maps.

Yung_Metro August 17, 2014 at 11:08 PM UTC

I hate the invisible fire thing. It kills me evertim.

TheMasterClock August 17, 2014 at 11:08 PM UTC

I hate the invisible fire thing. It kills me evertim.
I agree. It gets me everytime so it has to be fixed.

potatoarmor August 18, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

I understand that some people use fire to team kill before wall drop but after wall drop fire should be able to spread.  Using fire to burn trees and wooden skybases is a part of the game, always has been.

While we're at it, leaf decay should be brought back. When you chop down a tree the leaves should decay like normal, which gives a chance of an apple drop plus makes it easier to see things (leaves aren't blocking the view).

potatoarmor September 10, 2014 at 12:09 AM UTC

Can fire be fixed?

We really need the ability to burn down skybases with flint & steel.  Problem now is that fire doesn't spread.  And something is wrong with flint & steel too.

Thanks for looking into this.

StewieFG September 10, 2014 at 12:09 AM UTC

Np