Avicus Archive

NEW MAP ROATIONS by TheCrazySof December 8, 2016 at 2:12 AM UTC

Can we get a new map rotation for destroy 1 please? no one goes to the other servers so dont suggest to go there. We need new ones on destroy 1 the ones we have are super repetitive

ProfessorUtonium December 8, 2016 at 2:12 AM UTC

please

Junr December 8, 2016 at 2:12 AM UTC

https://avicus.net/forums/discussions/5671b2f86

You can suggest changes for the rotation there and hopefully a Map Dev will respond to it. Just simply state the map you want to remove and a map you would like to see.

Posighdun December 8, 2016 at 2:12 AM UTC

We were just discussing it in our Administrator meeting. Expect changes soon.

xNemoII December 8, 2016 at 3:12 AM UTC

what happened to all the other maps? There so many maps like all the justice maps and senex 3 etc. I agree more changes to the rots pls c:

Murphh December 8, 2016 at 3:12 AM UTC

Yes, I agree with TheCrazySof.  I've also posted suggestions on this forum topic...
https://avicus.net/forums/discussions/865dfaafb

imryaan December 8, 2016 at 4:12 PM UTC

what happened to all the other maps? There so many maps like all the justice maps and senex 3 etc. I agree more changes to the rots pls c:
They change every couple of weeks so that there is more variation.

KizzyFizzy December 8, 2016 at 4:12 PM UTC

I agree, I love these maps but come on :(

dev_revs December 9, 2016 at 1:12 AM UTC

They should have like different daily rotations or something smooth like that. Or a map voting where after the match you can vote what map next.

StanSB December 9, 2016 at 2:12 AM UTC

They should have like different daily rotations or something smooth like that. Or a map voting where after the match you can vote what map next.
this, both of them yes

KizzyFizzy December 9, 2016 at 6:12 AM UTC

up vote ^ if this had up votes I would give this a +1 voting for maps would be fun... idk how it would work though?

shadowolfyt December 9, 2016 at 7:12 AM UTC

"Map voting where after the match you can vote what map next"
Can easily be abused by constantly voting for 1 map all the time.

"Different daily rotations or something smooth like that"
This could work, it would need a lot of work from the Map Developers though...

AtditC December 9, 2016 at 11:12 AM UTC

Remove Senex 2 and add Senex 3

Remove Rendezvous 3 (please, Rendezvous 3 is being played sooo many times in scrims & tournaments too) and add Rendezvous 2 back

Add both Candyland maps

Add Justice maps (at least 2)

Add Luar (original)

And of course, add Quintus 1.0.0 (No redstone, no iron armor in chests, 5 monuments etc.)

AtditC December 9, 2016 at 12:12 PM UTC

The real problem is that the Map Dev team almost never listens to the community (and their suggestions) and that they're way too slowly and inactively working on their projects. We had so many great suggestions: Map rating after map ends, Custom rotations with a chance for each map to get in (Example: Rendezvous 1.0 chance: 50%, Quintus chance: 10%, Ravaged chance: 5%) etc. but they're never implemented, no matter how many +1's they have.

ProfessorUtonium December 9, 2016 at 2:12 PM UTC

The real problem is that the Map Dev team almost never listens to the community (and their suggestions) and that they're way too slowly and inactively working on their projects. We had so many great suggestions: Map rating after map ends, Custom rotations with a chance for each map to get in (Example: Rendezvous 1.0 chance: 50%, Quintus chance: 10%, Ravaged chance: 5%) etc. but they're never implemented, no matter how many +1's they have.
all the suggestions you posted require developers 

Quintus is already in Mix and will probably stay there.

and mapdevs are busy doing something else (https://avicus.net/forums/discussions/dd2c11776?reply=345974)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AtditC December 9, 2016 at 3:12 PM UTC

all the suggestions you posted require developers 

Quintus is already in Mix and will probably stay there.

and mapdevs are busy doing something else (https://avicus.net/forums/discussions/dd2c11776?reply=345974)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
;-;