Avicus Archive

TeamSpeak >> Support Rooms by Pelpelajax February 9, 2015 at 7:02 PM UTC

Hello, as you might have noticed, we now have support rooms on TeamSpeak.

These rooms are like a Help-Desk. If you have any questions and/or concerns, you will move in here. A Moderator will then come and help you to the best of their ability. If you abuse these rooms, you will be banned from TeamSpeak. Please only come here if you need anything. It is not a place to talk to other players. If you have any questions and/or concerns, feel free to ask below. I will do my best to answer them. Have a great day :).

Just a note; this isn't for your life problems. Purely Avicus related.

vladthegreat100 February 9, 2015 at 7:02 PM UTC

Great! I really think this is a great implementation! Can't wait to help users in them! :)

lactify February 9, 2015 at 7:02 PM UTC

This is a really good update for TeamSpeak. Very useful. 

We would probably have to poke a staff member right?

hasl February 9, 2015 at 7:02 PM UTC

Thanks for the update!
Already noticed these though :P
Should make TS a more helpful and effective function.

Pelpelajax February 9, 2015 at 7:02 PM UTC

This is a really good update for TeamSpeak. Very useful. 

We would probably have to poke a staff member right?
Either that, but please don't spam them, or just wait and I am sure that there will be people willing to help. :)

Legoche February 9, 2015 at 7:02 PM UTC

Nice, this is good for private questions or support that cannot be typed easily. I like it :D

Mooch24 February 9, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

I'd give it about 3 days till this is abused

Lavish February 9, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

No need for negative attitude Mooch. :/ pls <3

Anyways, this is a wonderful idea, they do it on other teamspeaks as well and it is very efficient.

Rainstruck February 9, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

Glad that this is being implemented!! Hopefully us staff can answer any problems that you might have!

Porkyyy February 9, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

I think this is a really great idea!

badgg February 9, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

Same goes for staff. Be immature about it; you will be demoted on the spot.

D00ZiE February 9, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

Sounds rad :D

FrozenSolstice February 9, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

This'll be a wonderful addition!

Emmaye February 9, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

I like this!

Glitchaye February 10, 2015 at 12:02 AM UTC

Eh.

kycrafft February 10, 2015 at 12:02 AM UTC

So we aren't allowed to sit there until someone comes?

Edit: this thread is 90% Jr. Mods, nise

FrostedCupcakez February 10, 2015 at 4:02 AM UTC

This is great :) Thanks for the update!

Dyspa February 10, 2015 at 4:02 AM UTC

This looks so Kohi styled, it is really helpful in their TS but the only bad things is the staff they have, hope this doesn't get ruined here.
Very good idea, hope this helps new players with their questions and more!

Legoche February 10, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

It won't if it is monitored :)

Mooch24 February 10, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

It won't if it is monitored :)
What if the staff team are the ones abusing it?

How do you plan on finding out if they aren't offering support or just having a private discusssion, etc?

Porkyyy February 10, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

What if the staff team are the ones abusing it?

How do you plan on finding out if they aren't offering support or just having a private discusssion, etc?
If a staff member abuses it, they will most likely get a warning or be demoted. If they have a private discussion, I'm sure they'll stop once a member of the community comes on to ask a question. I honestly do not think that any of the staff would abuse it.

Out2Kill February 10, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

If a staff member abuses it, they will most likely get a warning or be demoted. If they have a private discussion, I'm sure they'll stop once a member of the community comes on to ask a question. I honestly do not think that any of the staff would abuse it.
You never know buddy

Tarheelkiwi February 10, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

I wondered what these were.  Awesome idea :D

Mooch24 February 10, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

Like I said before, It's nearly impossible to tell if staff members or just regular players are abusing it.

I just don't really see the need considering Gillette had to sit in their for at least a dozen hours and I still don't know if he ever got what he wanted.

D00ZiE February 10, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

Like I said before, It's nearly impossible to tell if staff members or just regular players are abusing it.

I just don't really see the need considering Gillette had to sit in their for at least a dozen hours and I still don't know if he ever got what he wanted.
I think he wanted his "former admin" rank.

TheTNTPotato February 10, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

Regarding regular users abusing it: It'll be monitored, and they'll be dealt with appropriately.

Regarding staff abusing it: Not every staff member would abuse it. Like with a regular player, either notify another staff member, or "report" them. They'll be dealt with accordingly. 

Sure, one of the 2 will eventually happen, but that's why we have the Report subforum, and staff members. No matter what, the Support rooms are great, and were needed.

kycrafft February 10, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

I think Ivy's trying to change the permissions.

Emmaye February 10, 2015 at 11:02 PM UTC

I really don't think Gill needs a "Retired Rank" since he messed up all the permissions and just sits in cspacer chats or Admin channels purposely. Retired players shouldn't have Staff Powers at all, so I think the rank should just be removed.

D00ZiE February 10, 2015 at 11:02 PM UTC

I really don't think Gill needs a "Retired Rank" since he messed up all the permissions and just sits in cspacer chats or Admin channels purposely. Retired players shouldn't have Staff Powers at all, so I think the rank should just be removed.
I agree with that. Or, you could just it into just a basic rank like Gold or Emerald. Even then, it serves no real purpose, it's just a cool little thing like a donator rank :P

GrapeSmoothie February 10, 2015 at 11:02 PM UTC

I agree with that. Or, you could just it into just a basic rank like Gold or Emerald. Even then, it serves no real purpose, it's just a cool little thing like a donator rank :P
I agree Just give it the perms of a Donor rank :P

ayy February 10, 2015 at 11:02 PM UTC

So we aren't allowed to sit there until someone comes?

Edit: this thread is 90% Jr. Mods, nise
All trying to get the easy mod points for praising it.

badgg February 11, 2015 at 5:02 AM UTC

Trust me, it's quite obvious to tell... even if I'm sitting in my Office. I tell staff off all the time for doing it.

_Gill February 13, 2015 at 5:02 AM UTC

In reference to Greg, Zoom, and Emerald, I didn't mess with any ranks. Someone decided to mess with the retired rank and try to change the permissions (still not fixed). Also, I have no access to permissions in TeamSpeak. The only thing I have is access to all channels, and I really don't know why I still have that. 
I know how to fix the ranks, but obviously no one has asked me to fix it.

Note: I heard what happened to the TeamSpeak, anyone who said that it was my fault or that I caused is has some serious mental issues. I haven't had access to really any permissions in a while, and now is the first time that Ive heard of this issue.

Dyspa February 13, 2015 at 5:02 AM UTC

Give me some credit men!
I told Flu to add the foreign language support room.

Atdit February 13, 2015 at 10:02 AM UTC

Nice, now we just need a musicbot channel and all is done!

c:

Emmaye February 13, 2015 at 12:02 PM UTC

In reference to Greg, Zoom, and Emerald, I didn't mess with any ranks. Someone decided to mess with the retired rank and try to change the permissions (still not fixed). Also, I have no access to permissions in TeamSpeak. The only thing I have is access to all channels, and I really don't know why I still have that. 
I know how to fix the ranks, but obviously no one has asked me to fix it.

Note: I heard what happened to the TeamSpeak, anyone who said that it was my fault or that I caused is has some serious mental issues. I haven't had access to really any permissions in a while, and now is the first time that Ive heard of this issue.
I really don't understand why having a retired rank on there is necessary at all. Mostly everyone knows you and that you're a retired administrator. Just saying... But I understand that someone else seemed to have messed with the permissions.

Eklip_Z February 14, 2015 at 5:02 AM UTC

I really don't understand why having a retired rank on there is necessary at all. Mostly everyone knows you and that you're a retired administrator. Just saying... But I understand that someone else seemed to have messed with the permissions.
It could just be there to symbolise his long work on the server.

Emmaye February 14, 2015 at 5:02 AM UTC

It could just be there to symbolise his long work on the server.
Well he's been around for such a while that basically everyone knows who he is and his past.

Dyspa February 14, 2015 at 5:02 AM UTC

Well he's been around for such a while that basically everyone knows who he is and his past.
Not everyone, maybe, anyday of this year or week or day,etc, a new user that joined TS will see Gill in a room with his rank so he will probably ask you or another mod: "What does the retired rank stands for?" and then you'll just answer him with what Gill did for this server and all the effort he putted on it.
It's not for the permissions the rank gives you, it's for the value it has.