Avicus Archive

The community removal - Let's make a change! by Robin_DD_J October 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Hello,
In our recent Map development meeting have we been discussing a lot of things. And one the things we'd like to introduce is something we call "The community removal". We're doing this to get the community's feedback on maps, if they would like to keep the maps or not.
  This thread will be rebooted every week with 4 new maps!

So, how does this little thing work?

Every week on this thread you will see 4 maps. These maps are being discussed if we should keep or not. Under me you will right now see four different maps. We, Map Developers would like you to share your thought of this map. Do you want this map to stay, or get removed? When you give ur opinion on the map, please do motivate why you think like you do. Maybe we wont have to remove the map and instead make a certain change to it instead!

The following 3 maps that will either be removed/stay:

Fantasy

We chose to discuss this map because in our eyes it's too big to provide a good aspect of gameplay.
We also chose this map because the monuments were poorly placed and came with confusion.

-------

Planks
In our eyes the monuments are poorly placed and is kind of hard to defend.
We also think that it's very hard to rush because of how the map is created.

-------

Port town 2

In our eyes the proportion of islands doesnt seem like it provides good gameplay.

This is when you can make a change, please motivate why you think like you do. Hopefully this will improve and create a better avicus experience.

Thank you!

BoldAndBrash October 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

1) Remove it. Many people dislike it, some people even get lost, and I don't think the map is even. Could be edited.

2) Turns out stalematey most of the time, but I guess we can keep it.

3) Keep it. Good gameplay, no stalemate.

Porkyyy October 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

KEEP FANTASY. That was like the best map ever, many memories :')

resepignev October 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Fantasy: Classic and aesthetically pleasant. The Gameplay can be good if people are defending instead of rushing. (Keep)
Planks: Sometimes very stale since both monuments are at the same place (Remove)
Port Town: I like the map, also sometimes stale, but it offers great gameplay (Keep)

Robin_DD_J October 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

KEEP FANTASY. That was like the best map ever, many memories :')
Well that's sadly the kind of issue we're dealing with. We want to improve the rotations with maps based on good gameplay and not memories :/

Jahaj October 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Fantasy: Remove, very unequal gameplay
Planks: Remove, there are too many stalemate games
Port Town: Keep, offers good gameplay

Rainstruck October 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Fantasy: Keep! Classic map and is still quite popular.

Planks: Remove. This map can last for ages and its design isn't the best.

Port Town 2: Indifferent. I like yet I don't at the same time. It has a good design but the gameplay is a little stale.

Loo October 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Fantasy: Please remove, it's way easier to win if you're on red team (at least for me, I know a few others think this way too) and the gameplay isn't very good especially when it stalemates because it just ends up being a lot of running just to end up dying and it becomes a boring cycle.

Planks: The only bad thing about this map is the monument placing, if you can make it so it's not as easy to stalemate that'd be great, otherwise remove.

Port Town 2: The gameplay on this one is very good and it continues to be fun even when it does stalemate because there is a lot of space for combat and there are a lot of paths you can take to get to the other side, please keep.

Zegita October 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Fantasy: Too big bad, monuments are really hard to get, long, the speed, sword,
Planks: All right apart from the fact that you have to mine two monuments on top of one which requires a long process
Port Town 2: Beautiful map, no stalemate, everything is equal <3 keep it

DonaldMyTrump October 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

1. Remove
2. Remove
3. Remove or edit
Its a really good sign that this is happening. My reasoning pretty much follows the reasons why they are on this list.

AtditC October 18, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

1.) I really loved playing this map in back in the days, but somehow, it has a become a shitty gameplay.
2.) It's really hard for rushers to get the monument, when you are alone as rusher or when the defense is big. My suggestion: Add Efficiency 3, 4 or 5 to the diamond pickaxe, so you can mine it faster.
3.) Either change to whole map, or remove it. It's a bad map imo.

Petlas October 18, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

1. Keep. It's a true classic that many people still love, and it's one of the last remaining maps that requires clever tactical knowledge (eg. routes players can take).
2. Remove. The monuments are poorly place, and it's just a little awkward in terrain proportion as well. (I'll be honest here, I've always disliked this map)
3. Keep. It may not be aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but it's great for PvP and rushing tactics.

pope_panda October 18, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

1 remove plays bad
2 edit spawn area, monuments included
3 .

Coco_stag October 18, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

1) Rushed very quickly! But I gotta admit it is a fun ass map with great aesthetics. Please keep this map but just add some little adjustments here and there so the map lasts a bit longer.

2)  Horrible map! Its aesthetics is poor and the design is very partially done. The shape is boring thus the map itself it's boring. It's sometimes impossible to break the monument when someone breaks your wood n cage and kills you. 

3) Lovely map, Jumping side to side can be annoying

SnowSX3 October 18, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

Keep the last 2, they're fine.
Don't think I've played the first one.

Okiba October 18, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

1) Not really fun anymore, stalematey.
2)Its ok but the mons should be seperate.
3)Keep it, its a great map with good gameplay.

vladthegreat100 October 18, 2015 at 1:10 AM UTC

1) Remove, way too big and way to easy to rush
2) Keep, I really enjoy the gameplay as it does take a tad bit of skill to get around all the players as the map is narrow either by killing anyone who goes in your way or rush it silently
3) KEEP, I love the map, you guys may think it has bad gameplay but tbh the PvP aspect of it is amazing, you have so many choices to go on each platform which is flat and big enough for amazing PvP experience but all the different places to go make it that you have to think strategically where you must go to actually rush.

dilpickel October 18, 2015 at 1:10 AM UTC

1) Heavy edit or remove.
2) Definitely keep, BUT lower the monuments!!!!
3) Remove. I just never liked it. Was to fix it would be changing the mons. less void gap.

Eteh October 18, 2015 at 4:10 AM UTC

keep Port Town 2 please

DaFrozenBlaze October 18, 2015 at 4:10 AM UTC

Fantasy: The Orcs side has the advantage. It usually ends quite quickly. Gameplay isn't very good. Remove

Planks: Can be a bit of a stalemate at time, but has still decent gameplay. Keep

Port Town 2: Tbh I don't anything wrong with this map, fun to rush, fun to defend. Keep

Tazz October 18, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

Remove all of them

zero9178 October 18, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

1)remove
2)keep
3)remove

Legoche October 18, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

1.) Nope. Gameplay is bad.

2.) Too stalematey. Alter it.

3.) Keep it.

BmB October 18, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

1) I would like to keep this for a sort of old times sake however because of it's gameplay it should really be removed.
2) keep
3) remove, I don't think that the map plays out very well and i don't like the layout of the overall map.

Spoookeh October 18, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

1) Keep- Unique and not hard to defend/rush at all.
2) Keep, good for pvp and although it's easier to defend than rush it makes for a challenge.
3) Keep- good gameplay

Jellow_ October 18, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

1) Definitely keep. I think this map provides awesome gameplay and it has great asthetics as well. Although my opinion might be biased because of the memories I have attached to this map.

2) remove. I haven't played it much however I kind of just find it boring.

3) keep I think this map is super cool and has good gameplay. I think you can have a lot of fun on this map.

_Nathy October 18, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

Keep-edit it maybe but don't change it that much so people don't think it's been deliberately remade. Who cares if its gameplayee one of the worst maps, nostalgia must live on.

edit or remove - bad mon placement, bad mid, too narrow. If we take that multiply it by pi, an divide by x we are left with stalemate on boring

remove I hate this map. Maybe just remove the water and move the mons. At least on planks the defenders can't respawn and jump 2 feet to mon. Bad mid as well

fazer153 October 18, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

1) keep, but remove the kb swords (if they haven't already), also nostalgia
2) keep, good pvp, a little hard to get monuments though
3) I'd say remove, monuments are too hard to get, islands a little too far away from each other.
I also don't like the spawn drop

faht October 18, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

1) Remove, too big, VERY laggy, bad gameplay, knockback swords.
2) Keep, good gameplay, long matches, good pvp space.
3) Keep, good gameplay, space to pvp on, both easy to rush and defend on.

Subscriptor October 18, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

Fantasy: sucks. remove.
Planks: edit the monument, make some other changes, keep
Port town 2: i still dont know which is 1 and which is 2 but i guess its ok so keep

shoop_raton October 18, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

> 1: Keep it, it's one  of my personal favorite maps and most other people like it too!

> 2: Remove it, IMO, a good defense will most likely keep the game going on for a while and it's pretty stalemate.

> 3: Keep it, it flows nicely and isn't that much of a stalemate.

Arigenn October 19, 2015 at 1:10 AM UTC

1) I would remove this map; but could editing it help at all? I mean the aesthetics of this map are pretty dang good, its just the gameplay that isn't the greatest.

2) Remove, I really don't enjoy its gameplay, and its definitely stalematey

3) Gameplay is pretty good, along with pretty decent aesthetics. +1

Itsameekizzii October 19, 2015 at 2:10 AM UTC

1:keep this one, a lot of people enjoy it.
2: this map is okay it's just a little frustrating so id vote remove it
3: eh i never played this map because i haven't really gone to the newer servers vote is remove it.

keller183 October 19, 2015 at 2:10 AM UTC

1:Keep-A bit large, but I like it.
2:Keep-Love this map for pvp, it lasts a good amount of time usually.
3:Keep-I like this map, other then dropping from spawn.

Capenage October 19, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

dont remove Planks please :D 

Fav map to get them kills

Robin_DD_J October 20, 2015 at 12:10 PM UTC

Hello,

Due to the massive feedback (which we are really happy for) I've decided to reboot this every "week" with 4 new maps instead of 3. You may already see some edits to the main post, this is for next saturday.
A system for maps will also be added soon. In the system you'll find a score "0-0-0".
Each 0 stand for Keep-Edit-Remove.

Regards!

shahmi October 20, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

1. Remove
2. Remove
3. Edit

SWEET_Johny October 20, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

1. Keep.

2. Remove that shit.

3. Keep.

Robin_DD_J October 24, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

Thank you for ur amazing feedback!