Avicus Archive

Map Dev's? by IcyCode August 29, 2014 at 11:08 AM UTC

Ok I understand that there is now only one remaining Map Dev. IvyCode (funkystudios)
Now IvyCode is extremely inactive these days also doing many other duties. I will like to suggest that other map dev's are elected ASAP. Ivy is not capable with dealing with so many new map's each day and working out which ones should be accepted denied etc. I have heard that this should be a punishment for the community not having anyone to accept map's (from Evo/Para's leaving post). That would be a great shame as think about the amount of people who have tried to make map's for us and can no longer as there aren't any map dev's to review them.  If we want Avicus to advance we need map dev's there as pioneers. Expanding the map collection. Modifying it. Tweaking it. etc etc. If Avicus were to make it to December without losing more and more players we need more Map Dev's. I hope that Sr. staff will  elect new map dev's soon to help us guide avicus further onwards and upwards.

Thanks, subzero

PS I have decided to make a housekeeping rulesto stop flame wars in this topic. Do not post about the previous map dev's as there is another topic for that. I have expressed my thoughts and views to that myself in that topic.

HereIwas August 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM UTC

Crazy_Clownz!!
She is an awesome builder,
and i would highly recommend her!!
:D

Matic0B August 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM UTC

Crazy_Clownz!!
She is an awesome builder,
and i would highly recommend her!!
:D
Its not only about being a good builder. Its also about knowing how to make good YML with no or as few mistakes as possible and being able to use github to push maps to the repositories so they are actually loaded (You use Github right?)

garsdef August 29, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Zintenka would make a good map dev

IcyCode August 29, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

In my opinion someone who can use github. Someone who is organised. Can make YAML. Is good at providing constructive criticism and finally is a good builder will be a good map dev. I'm sure someone can fill all if not most criteria within the Avicus community.

Matic0B August 29, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

In my opinion someone who can use github. Someone who is organised. Can make YAML. Is good at providing constructive criticism and finally is a good builder will be a good map dev. I'm sure someone can fill all if not most criteria within the Avicus community.
This. But they also have to make sure the person won't abuse the power they are given

Cezbla August 29, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Ehhh Cobalt and aidrian and Awarriorvenom 3 ppl

Joao_Victor August 29, 2014 at 2:08 PM UTC

While Ivy will most likely manage maps until we have a new map dev, he isn't an official map dev.

One person needs to have map dev, or the staff page breaks, that's why he has it.

There is one issue with picking a map dev, and that's the amount of trust that you have to have in a person.

Map Dev's get access to the map repository, get /op on the MapDev server (which gives them some commands they're not supposed to have).        

The potential for abuse that a Map Dev has is equal to that of Senior mods, except for getting Senior Mod takes a load of time and trust between you and the higher staff.                                                                                                                                                           Getting Map Dev, is just about being picked, there's no months of trust building needed, and no interview.

IcyCode August 29, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

Well yes I completely agree. There are some really good builders on Avicus sadly I doubt you could trust these. I will like to suggest an application process for becoming Map Dev. however there is alot tighter criteria involved with it. Just a thought to make it easier as it will be difficult for someone like Howsie or Ivy just to find a Map Dev based on projects and there personality as Evo and Para got to no people better and probably found whether they would be suitable or not.

Polar_Express August 29, 2014 at 4:08 PM UTC

Vote - CC and IZ to tag team the maps dev thingy

MLG_Jirafa August 29, 2014 at 4:08 PM UTC

Polar is not a bad idea for a map dev :P

StewieFG August 29, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Voting, for possibly mapdevs: KooDaLord, AwarriorVenom, Crazy_Clownz and  izjust4fun .

JJTheGuy August 29, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

Idk if itaity can make a good YML, but I think he should. He's made sooooo many quality maps, and I feel that he would be able to do the job quite effectively. 

But also +1 for Iz and CC

Zintenka August 29, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

We need more than 2 or 3 ppl. Since the MapDev role is considered difficult we could have a quintet of MapDevs. The MapDevs could test the map out and vote whether the map gets accepted or not.

The odd number will be able to pick out the final judgment of the map.

Here are my suggestions for MapDev: AwarriorVenom, Crazy_Clownz, izjust4fun, Matic0bastile (Very good builder and knows both XML and YML) and potentially me (Heh, voting for myself eh? Well I'll tell you why. I am a very good  builder but I take gameplay into heavy consideration. And I can do YML and XML.)

Anyway, what do you guys think?

IviFetita August 29, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

La map dev needs to know how use github, imgur, WorldEdit, etc.
The ideal is Crazy_Clownz .

Zintenka August 29, 2014 at 8:08 PM UTC

La map dev needs to know how use github, imgur, WorldEdit, etc.
The ideal is Crazy_Clownz .
Only one MapDev will be horrible... The stress of many ppl arguing with him will be catastrophic. 

That's why I suggest that there be 5 MapDevs.

Ogrey August 29, 2014 at 8:08 PM UTC

I vote for itaity and AwarriorVenom, my last hopes are on them :)

CozzehPvP_ August 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

I think Polar_Express should be a map dev

his maps are awesome!!! I'd love to see him as a map dev (he makes maps on de wallz)

MissCarmel August 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

Awarrior would be a nice map dev :)

PieZ August 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

I would suggest matic, he is a good map builder as he has build maps for others servers(I checked his website). He has the rough skin that is needed for it and he is a great map builder altogether, he might need to learn YML or what ever it is called if he hasn't already

Snowcone202 August 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

Awarrior :D

toketrain August 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

I think Polar_Express should be a map dev

his maps are awesome!!! I'd love to see him as a map dev (he makes maps on de wallz)
im certain there is so much more to consider than just how good the person's building skills are... so much

also i vote itaity, crazy_clownz, iz, koo, and awarrior

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA August 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

2 map devs were far too little, there needs to be around five.

I'd say Iz, Crazy, Awarrior, Polar, and Itaity.

Xx_Maddy_xX August 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

Awarrior :)

Riskayyy August 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

The thing is, being Map Developer; you have the power to ruin Avicus. The amount of power that can be abused is too much, therefore the Directors and former Map Developers are very picky when it comes to Map Developer recruitment

PieZ August 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

I might of caught Awarrior on 2 bad days but he is a little touchy on gameplay talk. I criticized a map for its gameplay and he says STFU and then we had a conversation and said he didn't want to start a gameplay argument again after the good look>gameplay thread that spicy made. I am sorry but that attitude he presented there isn't wanting me to support him.

Phobiaxx August 29, 2014 at 11:08 PM UTC

MapDevs need to be trustworthy, good with YAML, and at building... that being said....
Izjust4fun
Crazy_Clowns
Awarriorvenom
KooDaLord
and.... the best option would be if evo and para came back... but that's not really likely... :C
Reasoning:iz is manager. Clownz is iz's close bud. Koo used to be mod, definitely trustworthy. ;p Awarrior used to be Jr.mod, and from what I know, has a good personality.
iz and clownz are purty good builders.
Koo and awarrior make great maps that have incredible aesthetics...

D00ZiE August 29, 2014 at 11:08 PM UTC

MapDevs need to be trustworthy, good with YAML, and at building... that being said....
Izjust4fun
Crazy_Clowns
Awarriorvenom
KooDaLord
and.... the best option would be if evo and para came back... but that's not really likely... :C
Reasoning:iz is manager. Clownz is iz's close bud. Koo used to be mod, definitely trustworthy. ;p Awarrior used to be Jr.mod, and from what I know, has a good personality.
iz and clownz are purty good builders.
Koo and awarrior make great maps that have incredible aesthetics...

Mooch24 August 29, 2014 at 11:08 PM UTC

Glitchaye August 29, 2014 at 11:08 PM UTC

Oh you.

Mooch24 August 29, 2014 at 11:08 PM UTC

Oh you.

no u

TheMasterCow August 29, 2014 at 11:08 PM UTC

no u

Awarrior August 30, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

I might of caught Awarrior on 2 bad days but he is a little touchy on gameplay talk. I criticized a map for its gameplay and he says STFU and then we had a conversation and said he didn't want to start a gameplay argument again after the good look>gameplay thread that spicy made. I am sorry but that attitude he presented there isn't wanting me to support him.
I do not I have ever said "STFU" to anyone on Avicus before, you might have got it that way.

If so, I am sorry. I didn't mean to.

That gameplay vs aesthetics trend killed me for 6 days ._.

Synergic August 30, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

AwarriorVenom k bai <3

Aydran August 30, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

Any person who has not been sucking up for it...

LeCobalt August 30, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

Any person who has not been sucking up for it...
Pretty Much!

Awarrior August 30, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

AwarriorVenom k bai <3
hmmm

Can't tell if serious...

kycrafft August 30, 2014 at 5:08 AM UTC

Vouch AwarriorVenom, itaity, and Crazy_Clowns

IcyCode August 30, 2014 at 2:08 PM UTC

I don't know. I think Itaity would be a good map dev in my opinion but I just don't no whether he is good at YAML and github.

IcyCode August 30, 2014 at 8:08 PM UTC

I think people who don't nominate themselves aswell like Adrian said