Avicus Archive

Reintroducing Staff Spotlight | shadowolfyt by Crazy_ May 20, 2017 at 1:05 PM UTC

In a recent senior staff meeting we decided to bring back Staff Spotlights. For those of you who are unaware how these work; we interview individuals in the staff team and ask them a bunch of questions. Then, on either a biweekly or monthly schedule (we haven't figured out how often we're going to be posting these yet, but you'll know by the next one!), we post these Staff Spotlights onto the forums.

So to start things off, today's Staff Spotlight is on shadowolfyt, who's been a part of the team for the last 5 months.

Introduce yourself (4 or more sentences) 

Hello, my name is shadowolf. I am 19 years old [still playing a block game, I know]. I am a Moderator, Streamer and a student studying in college. I live in Sydney, Australia.

What are your hobbies?

I enjoy recording gameplay and uploading it for ‘entertainment’ purposes, editing and creating videos and streaming on Twitch playing games on either Avicus or other servers. I like the occasional coding, I am currently learning HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL [database]. Outside of the internet and this area of online life would be socializing and talking to friends and occasionally meeting up with each other.

What are you most excited/obsessed over at the moment?

I’m not really excited or obsessed over anything really, nothing really springs to mind. What interests you the most in life? My interests mainly contain computing. I’ve built my own computer and I’m currently learning new [coding] languages and all of that stuff. I am hoping that in the future I will get a job in the IT industry.

What music/art/media do you like?

I am more into Electronic music [not like really hardcore, just plain and simple] and the occasional quiet music while studying or something that really relaxes me.

Where are you from? 

As I have mentioned earlier, I am from Sydney, Australia [Not actually going to give you my actual location].

What’s your favourite thing about moderating?

I think my favourite thing about Moderating is interacting with the community, taking reports [some people might think, boi that crap is boring and repetitive, not really, at least for me] and having some good memes with the staff team.

What’s your most memorable experience as a moderator?

Most memorable experience would have to be the time that I have false banned and false kicked myself over the past 3 months as being a Moderator. There are so many people that have the name shadow or shadowolf in their names so I have to stop using tab when issuing punishments xd. 

Diabolicx May 20, 2017 at 6:05 PM UTC

Ayy this is nice

By staff you mean moderation staff or every staff in general?

ViceTechnicolour May 20, 2017 at 6:05 PM UTC

I have a feeling that this won't last long... every time the seniors decide collectively to do something in terms of events they fall behind. I'm still thinking about the megascrims (that still get announced in-game) and the community events that were promised on TeamSpeak/Discord. In that case, the community is always running events for the community.

Anyways, hopefully this actually stays on track this time. Has been reintroduced around 12 times now since Howsie was director.

profbananaslug May 20, 2017 at 7:05 PM UTC

I have a feeling that this won't last long... every time the seniors decide collectively to do something in terms of events they fall behind. I'm still thinking about the megascrims (that still get announced in-game) and the community events that were promised on TeamSpeak/Discord. In that case, the community is always running events for the community.

Anyways, hopefully this actually stays on track this time. Has been reintroduced around 12 times now since Howsie was director.
what do the seniors even do all day? every time i ask, no one can tell me, and they clearly don't do actually things like organize megascrims or whatnot

shadowolfyt May 20, 2017 at 8:05 PM UTC

cool

Honours May 20, 2017 at 8:05 PM UTC

Cringe interview not enough memes

Crazy_ May 20, 2017 at 10:05 PM UTC

Ayy this is nice

By staff you mean moderation staff or every staff in general?
I'd like to do something that includes all staff, since this is a "staff" spotlight after all, not just a "mod" one.

shadowolfyt May 20, 2017 at 11:05 PM UTC

Cringe interview not enough memes
I agree, demote this guy...

KojaCola May 21, 2017 at 1:05 AM UTC

Nice to see this reimplimented :)

paulna May 21, 2017 at 1:05 AM UTC

hot n spicy

twopump May 21, 2017 at 2:05 AM UTC

wait shadow's been part of the staff team for only 5 months.... i thought it was way longer

shadowolfyt May 21, 2017 at 3:05 AM UTC

wait shadow's been part of the staff team for only 5 months.... i thought it was way longer
Correct.