Avicus Archive

SnowSX3's Retirement. by SnowSX3 September 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Hey guys.
Just want to clear something up before I start.
I'm not leaving Avicus, I'm just retiring from my Moderator position.

I always knew right when I got promoted to Junior Moderator in January that I'd be retiring around December-February.
Going into this I knew that I was going to be Moderating while going through my last year of high school and I knew that at the end of the academic year (December ish) I'd most probably retire around that time because I'd no longer be at school anymore and I'd have to start thinking about what I was going to do with myself in the big wide world.

Unfortunately for me, I have to retire a little earlier than expected.

Here's the thing.
I recently got some of my grades back from school today and it wasn't pretty.
I have end of year exams in 6 weeks and I just can't keep spending 90% of my free time moderating anymore.
I have to focus on my studies now more than ever and I can't keep prioritising Avicus over School.

Trust me, this is as big of a surprise to me as it is to you.
I didn't plan on retiring today, it just kind of happened that way.

I really don't want to retire eh? Like, I really don't want to xD
But I just can't keep doing this.
I have to start thinking about my future. 

Having said that, it really hurts to walk away from the staff team. From the guys who've grown with me over the months. But I know they'll still be bosses without me xD

I guess the one thing I regret is never being good enough to get into the Senior Staff team.
Despite how hard I worked, I was never up to par with the standards that was required.
My goal was to become a Senior Moderator before I retired and not reaching that goal kinda stings but hey, that's life. 
Just to clarify, I never did anything with the intention of getting into the Senior Staff team, it was just something that I always aimed for. 

This community is so cool, I've learnt a lot from you guys.
The combination of praise and criticism has been so beneficial for me. I've appreciated every word of it.

I was a staff member for just over 8 months (245 days)
I was a Junior Moderator for 20 days 
I was a Moderator for 225 days. 

I'm so proud of the staff team and how far it's come since I started.
I've seen a lot of people come and go during my time as staff and I can say that the improvements that are being made and that will be made will truly change the staff team for the better.

I couldn't be more proud at how far this team has come.

I'm not going to thank anyone specific, I'll save that for my leaving thread whenever that comes up (not soon :P)
But you know who you are ;) Thank you. For everything.

There have been a lot of ups and downs during my nearly 8 month stint but I can confidently say that this has truly been the most coolest experience I've ever had.

This experience has taught me a lot of things and has definitely given me a confidence boost because believe it or not, I'm a very shy person IRL xD

So thank you for the most fun I've ever had on Minecraft.

I'll still be around, I just won't have that sexy red tag next to my name hahaha.

<3

_Nathy September 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Show this post to your English teacher and your grades will be improved :P

Bai Snow, I will always remember you as the man who spectates threesomes

NovaLikesPvP September 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

EWUWUWUUWWUUWWUWUWUWUWUWUWUWUT?

Sorry, Im beaner.

vladthegreat100 September 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Rip Snow the Mod God 2015
#Snow4ModGod2015

ItzAidan September 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Wow. You acutally inspired me to aim to be a moderator, thanks for being a cool, chill guy on Avicus. Good luck with exams <3

Coco_stag September 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

NONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNONONONONOONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONON

Tynvale September 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

I know we have all have to call it quits eventually and I fully understand your reasons to your desicion. You were a great mod and a great person in this community, I'm glad to know your staying around as well :)

FrozenSolstice September 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

NOOOOO!

Snowy pls. Pls. I remember our talks and our trial together... rip Avicus staff...

GrapeSmoothie September 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

nuu snaruuuu ;-;

You will be the best Ausi.... I mean New Zealander (other than cupcake) to be mod ;-;. I will miss u, good luck in school.

Midnightstorm September 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Good luck in the real world buddy, and good luck on exams too.

Coco_stag September 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Snow, Go away. If you don't come back to moderator in 2 days YES I SAID 2 DAYS you will be banned from listening to my beautiful singing. 

Me not being stupid: WHY!!! THE MODERATOR TAG WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!

SmokeJamo September 28, 2015 at 4:09 AM UTC

Why snow/snowlas :d why you do this WHYYYYYY

Subscriptor September 28, 2015 at 4:09 AM UTC

if part of it is because what happened yesterday on teamspeak I apologize for my behavior. you've always been mature, tried to help, you were one of the less biased members on the staff team. Thank you for your amazing service and I'm happy you stay around, good luck in school

Eteh September 28, 2015 at 4:09 AM UTC

I understand that you have your personal life to lead and carry on. Good luck with your exams buddy! All the best! Keep in touch bro :)

SnowSX3 September 28, 2015 at 4:09 AM UTC

if part of it is because what happened yesterday on teamspeak I apologize for my behavior. you've always been mature, tried to help, you were one of the less biased members on the staff team. Thank you for your amazing service and I'm happy you stay around, good luck in school
Absolutely nothing to do with yesterday.
I was in the wrong anyway :P

MerlinMaster September 28, 2015 at 4:09 AM UTC

Lol

Rainstruck September 28, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

Thanks for your service snow! Hopefully you stay around to play a few rounds!

DonaldMyTrump September 28, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

The forums will never again feel the wrath of snowrue

Petlas September 28, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

A'right, since I don't have the time to write a hugeass comment and, frankly, I want to save the best for your leave once the day comes, I'm just going to say this.

Hey, we may not have known eachother for a while, but I sure as hell remember you back when I started getting into the real jist of things relating to Avicus (Teamspeak activity, etc.) You were like a role model to me, mate, I'm not even kidding. Your dedication and initiation was on point. Plus, you were my most active mentor during my Jr. Mod days, and that meant a lot. You put up with everyone for so long, no matter how much they pestered you for simple mistakes or tested your patience. You made it to the end, mate. 

That's all I have to say moderator wise. Much longer than expected, but trust me, once that leaving post comes, this'll be nothing compared to other things I have to say. ;)

Mehrp September 28, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

D: rip the most hard-working mod ;-;

Spoookeh September 28, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

I fully understand your reasoning and we do all have to focus more on school eventually.

Rip the best mod out there

ImRaging September 28, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

Good luck with your school work Snowru. Nice having you around and thankyou for your service ♥

TurnipTheTiger September 28, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

RIP  the person it took me 6 deaths to kill on Rendezvous 1
xD
Good luck in the future bro!

SnowSX3 September 28, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

RIP  the person it took me 6 deaths to kill on Rendezvous 1
xD
Good luck in the future bro!
Great times! 
xD

FrozenSolstice September 28, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

A'right, since I don't have the time to write a hugeass comment and, frankly, I want to save the best for your leave once the day comes, I'm just going to say this.

Hey, we may not have known eachother for a while, but I sure as hell remember you back when I started getting into the real jist of things relating to Avicus (Teamspeak activity, etc.) You were like a role model to me, mate, I'm not even kidding. Your dedication and initiation was on point. Plus, you were my most active mentor during my Jr. Mod days, and that meant a lot. You put up with everyone for so long, no matter how much they pestered you for simple mistakes or tested your patience. You made it to the end, mate. 

That's all I have to say moderator wise. Much longer than expected, but trust me, once that leaving post comes, this'll be nothing compared to other things I have to say. ;)
*Fights the urge to make a Snowlas comment.*

DaFrozenBlaze September 28, 2015 at 7:09 AM UTC

You were the best mini mod, always knew you would get mod. You did a lot for the server, thanks a lot! :D

PokerFace September 28, 2015 at 9:09 AM UTC

Beat of luck to you in your school work!

And thank you for your service as a moderator.

Fuseh September 28, 2015 at 9:09 AM UTC

Good luck in life fam!

TheColdCrafter September 28, 2015 at 10:09 AM UTC

I knew it, all the good mods are leaving. This is the beginning of the end...

Vobaseball12 September 28, 2015 at 10:09 AM UTC

WHY SNOW WHY WHY WHY.

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA September 28, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

the forums will never be the same

AIDSquirt September 28, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

You've done a great job snow, good luck on your tests :D!

DonaldMyTrump September 28, 2015 at 4:09 PM UTC

This is the beginning?

Sem September 28, 2015 at 4:09 PM UTC

no worries coldthecrocodile, my teaboy sam is going to save avicus.

voidloop September 28, 2015 at 4:09 PM UTC

Um, Where can I start.

First of all, I'm actually crying. I know it seems stupid to cry for a block game, but for me(call me whatever you want) its like seeing a brother passing away. Ever since i joined Avicus you've been my inspiration, not just inside Minecraft, also outside, just like a Older brother. I knew this day would come, but I didn't think it would be so soon. It just seems like yesterday when I was the one telling you to not MiniMod, when now i am the MiniMod. You know things that none of my family members know, and you treated me like I was your brother. It really sucks to see you go, but I do understand that School and your future isn't compatible with Minecraft. 

He´ll look like a Normal Player,  Well, He really is, But, Snow has something special. He has the capacity of helping out in 
everything you need help in. He gets on well with all players and he´s a mature guy, But can be funny from time to time. Now, Snow isn´t anyone different to other players, But he has the capacity of been As kind as possible. (Please do not Spam him with problems)

Now, For the upcoming players of Avicus, You can really trust Snow as a person to talk about Personal Things, Since he is quite experienced and Mature enough to give a reasonable answer to your questions. 

If I would need to describe Snow in a word, It would be Kind. This is not to Disrespect other players, But, In my opinion, And Again, This is just my opinion, Snow is probably one of the best persons i have known.

Thanks for everything Buddy!
I´ll end up this post By posting an Example of What I meant before.

Situation: I couldn´t sleep since I have insomnia
Where: Skype
Time: 3 on the morning

JDKL September 28, 2015 at 4:09 PM UTC

Shame you had to retire mate :( Good luck with your exams!

Glitchaye September 28, 2015 at 5:09 PM UTC

rip in peace

AutoHit September 28, 2015 at 5:09 PM UTC

Seeya man, good luck in life!

Porkyyy September 28, 2015 at 6:09 PM UTC

When you were staff, I always thought of you as one of the top 5 staff members.. good job Snow, I respect your decision.
Hey... I retired for the same reason... I understand where you're coming from :D

Javipepe September 28, 2015 at 6:09 PM UTC

Hope you can come back, you have many times inspired me and are a great role model. You were definitely a great moderator and, most importantly a great and approachable guy.

Thanks for everything mate, again hope you can come back some day as a mod :)

lactify September 28, 2015 at 6:09 PM UTC

Well Snow, you were an amazing moderator, and I wish you luck in your exams. :)

TurkishDelite September 28, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

noo snow you were one of the best avicus mods ive seen in a while if not ever :-: dissapointing that you retired before getting that red thingy mcbob tag. in seriousness its sad that a great mod has retired today (yesterday? idk timezones xD) best wishes for you in the future ans i hope you stay around on avicus for quite a while| this is your pal relieving you from your duty.

P.S does that mean you have for time with petlas?

RIP_Avicus September 28, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

I don't even know what to say. I fully respect your decision and you will be missed. Carry on coming on ts?

MajestysDream September 28, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Very sad to see you leave the staff team, Snow. I remember working with you back when we were staff together, you and I would always help each other. You were a phenomenal staff member, mad respect to you, sir. I wish you good luck in wherever life takes you. Thanks for everything man. :)

hasl September 28, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

I'll drop another tedious goodbye comment in Skype, I need to tell you something. ;P

SnowSX3 September 28, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

I don't even know what to say. I fully respect your decision and you will be missed. Carry on coming on ts?
Yea man!

SnowSX3 September 28, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

I'm blown away by the support.
Didn't really expect this xD

You guys are fucking awesome!

Numberz_ September 28, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Rest in peace Snowlas. ;c I'm going to miss you man! ;-;

Spartemex September 28, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

You were a great mod, but it's great to see you focusing on other things. Good luck on your future endeavors!

Colecrc September 29, 2015 at 1:09 AM UTC

rip in the aussy mod :^)

OPTOBAT October 1, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

Sad to see this decision man, although i haven't been here, i'm sure you were a great mod!

Posighdun October 1, 2015 at 6:10 AM UTC

You were truly one of the best mods and my best friend, well you still are my best friend. Whether we were dealing with problems together or banning hackers together (or banning ourselves :P) we always had a blast. You were truly one of the best moderators, when i first joined the staff team you were a role model to me, i pretty much looked up to you throughout the first couple of months. Only recently i was questioning wether you were my role model or if i was your role model xD 

Hopefully i will still see you ingame and on teamspeak as often as i did before and hopefully maybe in the future you may be able to return and continue to make a good impact on this wonderful community and hopefully we will still remain best buds :D

DaFrozenBlaze October 1, 2015 at 1:10 PM UTC

Snow best mini mod whether or not post retirement or pre mod.