Avicus Archive

Timed Out by Liquid_ICE August 4, 2014 at 9:08 AM UTC

I keep on timing out regularly today. When I'm playing a Walls match, everything just stops and then I time out.
Is there a reason for this?

Emmaye August 4, 2014 at 9:08 AM UTC

I have been also
idk why

S3M3L August 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM UTC

I was timed out a couple of times yesterday on Nebula.

HotAndCrunch August 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM UTC

I used to time out a lot but I only time out now when I am afk

uglygoddess August 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM UTC

Your Connection is bad or You need to Update your JAVA if its outdated i got that message when my java was outdated

Liquid_ICE August 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM UTC

My connection is good. And I'm not sure about my JAVA, I find the versions very confusing because minecraft runs on an old version of JAva.

uglygoddess August 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM UTC

My connection is good. And I'm not sure about my JAVA, I find the versions very confusing because minecraft runs on an old version of JAva.
Here mine runs on this one https://www.java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp?locale=en

S3M3L August 4, 2014 at 12:08 PM UTC

Your Connection is bad or You need to Update your JAVA if its outdated i got that message when my java was outdated
I get timed out even though I never experience lag or a bad connection and I also use the latest java.

Arachadonic August 4, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

I am lucky to get through a single  Nexus match without timing out now... its very very annoying and no it is not my internet or Java it is the server. Please fix it.

Phobiaxx August 4, 2014 at 2:08 PM UTC

guys, ITS NOT A CLIENT PROBLEM.... last night... nearly the ENTIRE server crashed... :c twice. everyone who was on.. was experiencing extreme server lag, and crashes...
we need ivy to explain this :P
(lots of people crashed with diamond armor :c)

MerlinMaster August 4, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

What map was the walls rotation on?

IamSUPERMAN2007 August 4, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

After you crashed and log in again everyone can kill you. When you die you respawn in a survival world...

toketrain August 4, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

me and my friend have been timing out nearly every match on walls. also a couple matches everybody save 3 or 4 players timed out.

BoldAndBrash August 4, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

After you crashed and log in again everyone can kill you. When you die you respawn in a survival world...
That happened to me. I couldnt move in nexus, i quit and joined bac. I was at the spectators spaw but i was kit sniper and i was in survival mode. I jumped in the void, died, got tpd to a weird world.

Numberz_ August 4, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

-.- this has happened about 40 times today.

Cyrus49 August 4, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

BTW time out= nerd terms for "lost all connections to the server "
It usually happens after a lag spike.[Nobody else moving but you/ you not being able to do anything [Open chests, hit people]

IamSUPERMAN2007 August 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM UTC

Bwah! I keep crashing every 2-5 minutes. It's so annoying.

Shoto_ August 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM UTC

I get scared when I spawn in the survival world. IDK why, I just do. Getting taunted by the messages in chat when yours can't be sent.
It's annoying when you're full diamond, killfarming, and then you get killed by a no-armor stone sword person. ;_;

Arachadonic August 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM UTC

There has been numerous threads about this yet still it is a new day and the problem is still there. Are staff seeing these threads or what? I gave it a day to give yous a chance to fix it but come on... At least tell us you are aware of the problem!I can't play on the server at this stage.

Riskayyy August 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM UTC

It is apparent that Avicus is experiencing some difficulties. Please be patient until this issue has been resolved!

zdq August 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM UTC

hi jozz

Jozz's edit: Hi there. Please refrain from posting spammy comments but Skype is where you can talk to me :)

goldenwalrus909 August 5, 2014 at 12:08 PM UTC

guys, ITS NOT A CLIENT PROBLEM.... last night... nearly the ENTIRE server crashed... :c twice. everyone who was on.. was experiencing extreme server lag, and crashes...
we need ivy to explain this :P
(lots of people crashed with diamond armor :c)
+1
We know it's not a client problem because everyone is timing out. If it was just a few people, it might be a coincidence, but it's highly unlikely considering there are tons of people timing out and the server has crashed like Roman said.

JKawesome August 5, 2014 at 12:08 PM UTC

I hate this. Always timing out when I'm breaking a monument

goldenwalrus909 August 5, 2014 at 12:08 PM UTC

I hate this. Always timing out when I'm breaking a monument
When are you not breaking a monument? xD

JKawesome August 5, 2014 at 12:08 PM UTC

When are you not breaking a monument? xD
When sfkwww is online...