Avicus Archive

Problems You Find With Avicore by _Gill May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

Hello everyone,
A lot of people have been saying negative things or having negative thoughts about the Avicore update. I want to make the coming updates perfect this plugin, and in doing so I want the community's help. Please respond some of the problems you see with Avicore, and some of the issues you want us to fix. I will gladly present all of these ideas, changes, and fixes to Funky, and I will respond to you what the staff thinks about these ideas. We all want the same thing, whats best for the community, and this is most likely the best way to make this plugin and server perfect.
Now, I kindly ask all of you to stop ranting about how Avicore didn't meet your expectations and isn't as good as you thought it was going to be. I understand that having an opinion isn't against the rules, but it does get quite annoying when it gets posted in a topic that is completely unrelated. Please comment (kindly) what you feel about the Avicore update, and please provide real problems that the staff team can provide answers for. We don't want Avicus hate or unreasonable requests on this thread, but we do encourage any other problems or requests you have.

Emmaye May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

+1

Yung_Metro May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

The lobby is too big, NO /WHERE >:O, i liked the ability to hit the signs to teleport to them, no new avicade games.

_Gill May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

I think we will bring back the click on sign option. That was a big hit and I personally liked it also. I am sorry about the Avicade Games: More will be added soon. We just haven't had time to make more, if we did Avicore would have taken more time.

irex681 May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

Yeah, it would be fantastic if you re added /where. That was so useful in finding my friends.

MustardMan227 May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

Should be some more Avicade games, I gave the idea of Escape The Flood in Avicade. Once we get acces to the old forums I will show you.

No donor flying in lobby. And really but why cant we leave the lobby.

I tried to go on an adventure and escape the lobby by being Indy Jones and double jumping on slabs. I tried to take my adventure to the second floor of the lobby but I got big bold red letters instead. >You may not leave the lobby.
At first I thought Howsie was hiding some ponies or something. But then I released I can't go on adventures like the old lobby. :C

steven5703 May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

Add fly into the lobby, or at least allow people with pets fly their pets :)

Make  the lobby less 'plain', add some buildings and stuff to it. I think you know what I mean.

/where needs to come back

Should be some more Avicade games, I gave the idea of Escape The Flood in Avicade. Once we get acces to the old forums I will show you.

No donor flying in lobby. And really but why cant we leave the lobby.

I tried to go on an adventure and escape the lobby by being Indy Jones and double jumping on slabs. I tried to take my adventure to the second floor of the lobby but I got big bold red letters instead. >You may not leave the lobby.
At first I thought Howsie was hiding some ponies or something. But then I released I can't go on adventures like the old lobby. :C
Yes, remove that and add more secrets. :)

mukmukfriend May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

Improve the YML. You can literally bridge so far away from the original area of the map and get the monument from behind.

Synergic May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

I think Control the Hill should go with Neux around...too similar. And everyone plays on Nexus more.

_Gill May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

/where will be re-added soon. We must have just forgot to put it back in.
The donor flying was replaced with trails. Those are much more fun. I don't think flying will be re-added. Sorry if this saddens you (Shouldn't sadden non donors?)
Secrets caused a bit of lag in the lobby, so we took them out. We tried to make the lobby have less secrets to allow players to actually play the game and not waste too much time. The lobby also got really cluttered in the end, and it annoyed a lot of the staff members (me included).

vladthegreat100 May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

be able to fly in lobby for donors ^_^ make the lobby look sexier, change the /where to be able to do /w because sometimes I get annoyed since I am in a lazy mood that day xD ^_^ hope you get to fix all of this ^

EDIT: add back in the /where, on the server now and it says I don't have permission for that command but at 3:30 pm eastern it was possible now its 8:40 eastern

QFrog May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

For the lobby, get rid of 85% of th flat ground, really stupid to have that.

For the lobby, get rid of 85% of th flat ground, really stupid to have that.
or make the lobby smaller xD, even the flying invisible signs are a bit to far when you spawn in so you gotta walk around a bit to load the chunk you want to teleport to the minigame you wanna play

Pretty empty. Add rules, or parkour, or any other information in these type of spots

irex681 May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

Oh, also... Maybe make it so that donators don't receive messages that say you should donate, it would remove some spam.

Oh, also... Maybe make it so that donators don't receive messages that say you should donate, it would remove some spam.
tbh I don't think funky has that time, that takes a lot of coding, since you need to program it to adjust automatically so donors don't get that message, unless funky does it manually it takes A LOT of coding

swivr May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

/where will be re-added soon. We must have just forgot to put it back in.
The donor flying was replaced with trails. Those are much more fun. I don't think flying will be re-added. Sorry if this saddens you (Shouldn't sadden non donors?)
Secrets caused a bit of lag in the lobby, so we took them out. We tried to make the lobby have less secrets to allow players to actually play the game and not waste too much time. The lobby also got really cluttered in the end, and it annoyed a lot of the staff members (me included).
/where was added back yesterday :P

mukmukfriend May 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

tbh I don't think funky has that time, that takes a lot of coding, since you need to program it to adjust automatically so donors don't get that message, unless funky does it manually it takes A LOT of coding
No it's actually really easy to do that.

PingPongDelay May 27, 2014 at 1:05 AM UTC

My issue is just with the VIP rank.

I don't have perms for what the rank brings.

Thanks! Loving Avicore :D

MustardMan227 May 27, 2014 at 1:05 AM UTC

Never seen the /trails in action. Maybe in the shop you should add links to pictures so people could see what some of the perks do. Such as /trails.

If someone is trying to make a long written thought out post on the forums and then they copy and paste a link to say a picture, video, etc. Once they paste the link all there paragraphs come together and all the "Enters" they pushed to make the different spaces for those paragraphs. An Example:

Hey guys! I just made a video! I will now press enter four times to make a new paragraph and tell you what the video is about.This video is a Website Tour of the new website for Avicus! I will now press enter four times for a paragraph saying Enjoy!I really hope you guys enjoy this video! I will now post the link to the video in the next paragraph. Here is the link to the video:https://www.youtube.com/

If I didn't put the enters back in the Bug Find above the jumbled paragraph it would look like this.

Never seen the /trails in action. Maybe in the shop you should add links to pictures so people could see what some of the perks do. Such as /trails. If someone is trying to make a long written thought out post on the forums and then they copy and paste a link to say a picture, video, etc. Once they paste the link all there paragraphs come together and all the "Enters" they pushed to make the different spaces for those paragraphs. An Example:Hey guys! I just made a video! I will now press enter four times to make a new paragraph and tell you what the video is about.This video is a Website Tour of the new website for Avicus! I will now press enter four times for a paragraph saying Enjoy!I really hope you guys enjoy this video! I will now post the link to the video in the next paragraph. Here is the link to the video:https://www.youtube.com/

It also really bugs me that I have to press "Enter" twice to get one enter when I post a reply/comment/post/discussion on the forums.

Phobiaxx May 27, 2014 at 1:05 AM UTC

this is a great idea! :)
1. fix the reporting( player reports on site)bug
2.what the other people said
3.fix Mczone03
4.Add a /helpop or something, so you can ask staff questions, not just /report
5.Fix Senex, re-add flame bows
6.fix other maps, re-add diamond
7. oh... and please hurry in re-adding the friend button :o
Some of these just are reminders ;p
btw, theres a VIP rank? ;o

Ogrey May 27, 2014 at 1:05 AM UTC

3.fix Mczone03
We won't be adding flame bows back to Senex.
Maps that have reduced amount of diamonds/no diamond at all are intended to be like that, however, I might consider re-adding them back to Ternio.

Phobiaxx May 27, 2014 at 1:05 AM UTC

Maps that have reduced amount of diamonds/no diamond at all are intended to be like that, however, I might consider re-adding them back to Ternio.
:O
R.I.P Senex :( Many people hated the senex change tho D:

Please add the diamonds back to Ternio! :D (whatevs Zalidor :P)

thx

Dyspa May 27, 2014 at 1:05 AM UTC

1/ Make a smaller lobby.
2/ Make the /where command for normal users.
3/ More Avicade games.
4/ Map borders smaller.
5/ Remove some maps and put them in special cases, cause people want to play specially 1 they like and it takes ages for it to come.

Mooch24 May 27, 2014 at 1:05 AM UTC

/where doesn't work :c
It was fixed temporarily though.

Klondichael May 27, 2014 at 1:05 AM UTC

And the lag

Gforce40 May 27, 2014 at 1:05 AM UTC

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/eqa7md.png[/IMG]
This is merely a bug, not something bad just wanted to bring it to the attention of the staff.

_Gill May 27, 2014 at 2:05 AM UTC

3.fix Mczone03
1. I don't know the bug about reporting on the website?
2. Ok.
3. Ok
4. You can ask questions on the forums.
5. Senex was horribly unbalanced with flame bows. It was just not fun to play against a bunch of people who had flame bows.
6. Diamonds made is again, unbalanced. It made me want to quit the server sometimes playing against 20 elope in full diamond.
7. Our bad, that will be fixed soon.

Vip is for YouTubers that are actively making videos for our server. I forgot the exact requirement, but I believe it was like over 10,000 subscribers.

SWEET_Johny May 27, 2014 at 2:05 AM UTC

Kit Scout in CTH gives you slowness 2.
Makes sense.

MustardMan227 May 27, 2014 at 2:05 AM UTC

2. Ok.
3. Ok
5. Senex was horribly unbalanced with flame bows. It was just not fun to play against a bunch of people who had flame bows.
6. Diamonds made is again, unbalanced. It made me want to quit the server sometimes playing against 20 elope in full diamond.

Vip is for YouTubers that are actively making videos for our server. I forgot the exact requirement, but I believe it was like over 10,000 subscribers.
Any Input on my second post? That one was about the website.

Phobiaxx May 27, 2014 at 2:05 AM UTC

2. Ok.
3. Ok

Oks, thx
1) sorryz, forgot the link http://avicus.net/forums/c8290edc0
4) I mean like, for the newcomers, when I first joined avicus, I would've been clueless if I weren't with pizza. :(
EDIT: I was clueless, because pizza was sleeping the 1st time, thats why I joined in February, but never came back until way laterrr, when pizza actually was online and answered my Qs. ^_^ (Players are no help... 1st time, I was like "Erm, could someone help me? show me around or something?" no response...) :P
5+6) :,( I cri

BenDooley7 May 27, 2014 at 2:05 AM UTC

I think Control the Hill should go with Neux around...too similar. And everyone plays on Nexus more.
I actually kind of like this idea. 

kycrafft May 27, 2014 at 3:05 AM UTC

Pyro 2 OP. Plz nerf soon 4 better Nexoos

AstroFlare May 27, 2014 at 3:05 AM UTC

add grenades back

Tigor101 May 27, 2014 at 4:05 AM UTC

There is a CTH bug (killing someone doesn't give you xp), and /kit random doesn't work.

Phobiaxx May 27, 2014 at 4:05 AM UTC

add grenades back
YES! Add grenades!

_Gill May 27, 2014 at 11:05 AM UTC

Any Input on my second post? That one was about the website.
I am sorry, I must have missed it. The staff will think of ways to spread the word about trails, but I don't think youtube it the best way to do it.

As for everyone else, all of the bugs you mentioned are being fixed as we speak. Funky is hard at work correcting the minor details and bugs that have shown up.

MLGtino May 27, 2014 at 11:05 AM UTC

I just wanna add a suggestion here.

In Minotaur, add flowing lava in the back that gradually creeps forward. This will:

A) Kill any afk players
B) Prevent players from going behind the Minotaur.

garsdef May 27, 2014 at 1:05 PM UTC

Should get a notification when replied, you might I might haven't realised.
Friend/Unfriend players.
Suggestions
A team page, but with positions. As you see most teams have set positions for their players, this would show what position they are on the team page. Similar to the OCN team page system. 
Remove or make CTH better. Maybe put it into nebula or something. 

TheMasterClock May 27, 2014 at 1:05 PM UTC

Friend/Unfriend players.
Suggestions
A team page, but with positions. As you see most teams have set positions for their players, this would show what position they are on the team page. Similar to the OCN team page system. 
Funky is still working on the friend requests.

luigishadow2 May 27, 2014 at 1:05 PM UTC

Like Muk said, improve YML so that there could possibly be map borders and height limits, so you can actaully contain gameplay and enjoy the actual gameplay of the map. Nobody likes a skybridge at 256 and dropping water down, cause that lags the crap out of the server.

swivr May 27, 2014 at 2:05 PM UTC

Like Muk said, improve YML so that there could possibly be map borders and height limits, so you can actaully contain gameplay and enjoy the actual gameplay of the map. Nobody likes a skybridge at 256 and dropping water down, cause that lags the crap out of the server.
The YML already supports this, it's up to map devs and map creators.

Zeusy May 27, 2014 at 2:05 PM UTC

Please bring /where back, but with a twist it'll only be fo diamond/emerald donors or only for diamond.
But, we don't have perms to /where a staff member though.

luigishadow2 May 27, 2014 at 2:05 PM UTC

The YML already supports this, it's up to map devs and map creators.
I guess I should change what I stated then:

Please update old maps to have regions.

Please bring /where back, but with a twist it'll only be fo diamond/emerald donors or only for diamond.
But, we don't have perms to /where a staff member though.
/where appears to be working. I'm using an average upgraded user to test...

Porkyyy May 27, 2014 at 2:05 PM UTC

/where appears to be working. I'm using an average upgraded user to test...

It's a bit wierd, because at times, /where works, and I can locate anyone, but a bit later when I try it, it says that I have no permission.
It sometimes works and sometimes does not.

ctdggd May 27, 2014 at 2:05 PM UTC

I liked donator flying, but the old hub was so small, it was only good for looking at the belly and Redstone.   Add /where. 

Friend/Unfriend players.
Suggestions
Once other bugs are ironed out, then we will look at adding a feature like this since it would be necessary for managing and running a tournament.

San_David May 27, 2014 at 2:05 PM UTC

May I suggest making Nexus less sword-based? Like, barely any kits have bows in them (only Archer and Sniper, as fair as I know), and 24 arrows for Archer will only kill one or two people, with no way to get them back. Maybe give Archers 16 arrows when they kill someone?

Sphrynax May 27, 2014 at 3:05 PM UTC

Sometimes, when a nebula match ends, players can still break other monuments and kill other players, as if it never ended.

smitdalt May 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM UTC

Can we not add friends on the website anymore? or am i missing something..

_Gill May 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM UTC

Can we not add friends on the website anymore? or am i missing something..
It will be added soon.

erod15 May 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM UTC

Well on the Walls you need to check some things out with Poseidon. So many people use it and its OP in my opinion also the height border is kinda weird I went to make a skybase thing on top of a tree in Tetris Jungle and this message kept spamming me saying you can not build in the void but I was in a tree away from the void. Lastly I get why you take away flint and steel and I like that fire charges work but I think that the fire should spread its a great way to take out a opponent camping in a tree. 

_Gill May 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM UTC

Well on the Walls you need to check some things out with Poseidon. So many people use it and its OP in my opinion also the height border is kinda weird I went to make a skybase thing on top of a tree in Tetris Jungle and this message kept spamming me saying you can not build in the void but I was in a tree away from the void. Lastly I get why you take away flint and steel and I like that fire charges work but I think that the fire should spread its a great way to take out a opponent camping in a tree. 
Strange, I guess Walls has a quite a few bugs. We will wok on fixing those things Asap! Thanks for reporting them!

Awarrior May 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM UTC

One I found,

I was playing on Nebula, and i bought Mushroom Soup, i ate it and the five bowls were gone..

More incoming, I found a bunch but didnt take the time to write them down...

MustardMan227 May 28, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

I am sorry, I must have missed it. The staff will think of ways to spread the word about trails, but I don't think youtube it the best way to do it.

As for everyone else, all of the bugs you mentioned are being fixed as we speak. Funky is hard at work correcting the minor details and bugs that have shown up.
Any Input on what I said about the forums? I would really like to have this fixed. Thanks! It was also happening in the old forums too.

Phobiaxx May 28, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

I just discovered this yesterday... the nebula shop prices appear way to high. Tho, when you buy something its a completely different price and amount... for example, it says 64 arrows for 10 pts, I bought it for 5 pts, but only got like 10 arrows D:

erod15 May 28, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

On The Walls spectators can break mine carts with chests in it I am not sure if that goes with all kinds of mine carts though.

Midnightstorm May 28, 2014 at 1:05 AM UTC

Bring back 'nades, I cri evrytiem ;~;

steven5703 May 28, 2014 at 2:05 AM UTC

Pretty sure stomper is broken or needs a major buff

_Gill May 28, 2014 at 11:05 AM UTC

Grenades won't be brought back because of the fact that it seemed to be a pay-to-win item. And we are taking note of all bugs that are commented on this discussion.

_Avy May 28, 2014 at 11:05 AM UTC

This is where the bugs go right?
Anyway I was on a map today (I don't remember the name but it was with good vs evil) 
I think there might be something wrong with the YML, since you cant mine your own iron.
The error that comes up says "You cant mine your own teams spawn" Or something like that.
I had Tel come check (He was in game) and said that I have to come to Funky or someone else so here I am.
Anyway It will be appreciated if you check it out  
:D

_Stormz May 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM UTC

May I ask a few questions?
1. Golden Apples aren't dropping anymore for most maps. Was this intentionally done? I know that the regular apples were replaced with Golden Apples that cost 8 points, kinda expensive for just 3 pieces and the fact that there are no more golden apple drops is kinda harsh to a surviving player. I'd like to think of them as an award rather than killing heaps just to get a few bits of regen. Just a thought. They are not dropping upon killing an enemy. They are kept soulbound. 

2. I think the block-placing pace should not be controlled because what happens if you naturally just place blocks quickly? It just despawns from the whole battlefield leaving you vulnerable. Let's say making an outpost or a bridge. It makes things slower and more difficult. 

_DC May 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM UTC

Great job on Avicus 2.0! All round the best way to play Minecraft! I have been working on a plugin to compress packet sizes so that it decreases both ping and server lag but i'm not sure if it will help enough to give a more enjoyable experience. If so then a plugin along those lines should be implemented!

swivr May 28, 2014 at 1:05 PM UTC

In-Game Time not updating on website. -.-
Bugs should not be reported here, but instead at https://github.com/Avicus/Issues/issues

legosean10 May 28, 2014 at 1:05 PM UTC

Bugs should not be reported here, but instead at https://github.com/Avicus/Issues/issues
Sorry funky ;)

carrie_may May 28, 2014 at 1:05 PM UTC

Grenades won't be brought back because of the fact that it seemed to be a pay-to-win item. And we are taking note of all bugs that are commented on this discussion.
Wait what? Maybe you can just lessen the damage and i know grenades are not that easy to use for beginners or make it like 15-20 points for grenades and also for the spanky spade, it's overpriced. reduce it to 15-20 points.

kycrafft May 28, 2014 at 1:05 PM UTC

Wait what? Maybe you can just lessen the damage and i know grenades are not that easy to use for beginners or make it like 15-20 points for grenades and also for the spanky spade, it's overpriced. reduce it to 15-20 points.
"Grenades are not that easy for beginners to use"

what? They are pretty easy to use. Just hold them, aim, and spam right click until someone dies

EinfachNalor May 28, 2014 at 3:05 PM UTC

I have found something, that bothers me about nebula. Since the Update, a match starts as soon as 1 Player has joined. Like this you can be the only person in a game, which means that you can then easily farm EP by destroying the monuments. Would like this to be changed, seeing as I think that it is sense of the EP to show how good different people are. This gets spoiled by these Ep-farmers. So I would like this to be stopped, because it ruins the games a bit.

LG Forscher

carrie_may May 28, 2014 at 4:05 PM UTC

"Grenades are not that easy for beginners to use"

what? They are pretty easy to use. Just hold them, aim, and spam right click until someone dies
There are people who sucked at aiming at their target that they just throw them all and wadah! they missed or sometimes they only hit one person and that person even didnt die. Ky, if you're a donor, you can tell how hard to throw and aim them to enemies who are good at dodging or when they're too close if they're wearing iron/diamond armor. One time i was trying to throw grenades at my friend and he survived by dodging. That's one of the cons of grenades. Easy to dodge if you practice. Also another con is, for 5 grenades, it will took you 10 points to get it and you can only kill 1-2 person if you suck at targeting. but for some people who are good at throwing grenades, they can kill 5 people with it or even more. Grenades are annoying but you can still dodge it by strafing it.

D00ZiE May 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM UTC

One word, Nebula.

The whole Gamemode is practically ruined due to the fact that you cannot pick up gapples from killed foes. I mean come on, 8 points for 3 golden apples? Nebula does not flow anymore, without being able to regen health constantly it leaves players too vulnerable.

swivr May 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM UTC

One word, Nebula.

The whole Gamemode is practically ruined due to the fact that you cannot pick up gapples from killed foes. I mean come on, 8 points for 3 golden apples? Nebula does not flow anymore, without being able to regen health constantly it leaves players too vulnerable.
Most of the maps don't disable golden apple drops, judging by their YAMLs.

Polar_Express May 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM UTC

/surface going to come back? For some reason I cant start a new topic....

D00ZiE May 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM UTC

Most of the maps don't disable golden apple drops, judging by their YAMLs.
As I would hope. Yet some of them, such as a fan favorite, rendezvous, do not.

swivr May 29, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

As I would hope. Yet some of them, such as a fan favorite, rendezvous, do not.
So an entire gamemode is ruined by a couple maps whose YAML is incorrect or not to your liking? That's not good justification in my opinion.

MustardMan227 May 29, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

So an entire gamemode is ruined by a couple maps whose YAML is incorrect or not to your liking? That's not good justification in my opinion.
I know that I already asked Gill but I didn't get an answer. I listed too bugs in one post. On page four I believe. He only answered one. The one he didn't answer was a website bug. When you get a chance do you mind looking at it?

ctdggd May 29, 2014 at 2:05 AM UTC

Ok why.  Just why?  It's now basically a infinite, small rendezvous.

ctdggd May 29, 2014 at 2:05 AM UTC

Friend/Unfriend players.
Suggestions
NO.  JUST NO.

mukmukfriend May 29, 2014 at 3:05 AM UTC

If you want to remove pay2win remove the exp bonus that donators get. The top 10 people for exp leaderboards are all donators

D00ZiE May 29, 2014 at 3:05 AM UTC

It was my understanding that that was how all of the nebula maps were, clearly I was mistaken. That is just how it was on the 4 maps that I had played.

If you want to remove pay2win remove the exp bonus that donators get. The top 10 people for exp leaderboards are all donators
So what exactly do I win for being in the top 15? There is no pay2win when it comes to leaderboards, I gain no in game boost for being on the first page of the exp leaderboards.

ctdggd May 29, 2014 at 3:05 AM UTC

It is a shame that gold apples don't drop. Iron armor really isn't that invincible anymore...

swivr May 29, 2014 at 3:05 AM UTC

It was my understanding that that was how all of the nebula maps were, clearly I was mistaken. That is just how it was on the 4 maps that I had played.
Ah alright. Fair enough.

Ah alright. Fair enough.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I ment no offense by it.

EinfachNalor May 29, 2014 at 5:05 AM UTC

1) I would like the golden apple drops to be back too. They helped and it ensured, that you can also do kill streaks and rush.
2) Grenades? I am not sure if they were so good. They were very helpful of course, but they ruin the game a bit by being OP if in the hand of a good fighter. Seeing as they could only be bought, if you were Gold or higher, they normally are in the hands of good fighters. If they come back, I would like them to be for all.
3)For the people on the first places, there should be some kind of award. How about a damage boost: 1: triple damage  2-5: double damage 6-20: 1.5 times so much damage. Or this this a bit to high?

Greetz Forscher

Precise_ May 29, 2014 at 5:05 AM UTC

/trails doesn't rlly do much donors and non donors should be able to fly flying is way funner than trails

sfkwww May 29, 2014 at 5:05 AM UTC

I find the anti cheat really annoying now, almost every game i get teleported while bridging and end up falling into the void at least once. It has also happened to me while i was stacking straight up.

Also, i don't like how some of the McZone maps have changed, like in Crusade they changed the stonebrick to a mixture of a bunch of different types of stone blocks, and it just looks ugly imo. They also changed Frostbite, but it's not the bedrock i don't mind, it's just that they moved the spectator spawn. People used to skybridge up there, and since it's not there anymore, it usually makes Frostbite a bit stalematey since theres only one main path to the other side.

UnkelBen May 29, 2014 at 5:05 AM UTC

I agree with SFK in the one part that the spectator spawn was moved. Was always great to see who got there first, I shall do my best to get it back in the middle.

Colecrc May 29, 2014 at 5:05 AM UTC

Nexus: Make pyro have leather armor.

mukmukfriend May 29, 2014 at 5:05 AM UTC

So what exactly do I win for being in the top 15? There is no pay2win when it comes to leaderboards, I gain no in game boost for being on the first page of the exp leaderboards.
Theres game boosts for being at a certain level in control the hill and others

Colecrc May 29, 2014 at 5:05 AM UTC

Avicus is not pay2win. So what I get 1 or 2 kits for paying 20+ dollars. I deserve some kind of reward.

_Gill May 29, 2014 at 11:05 AM UTC

I don't know how else we would have donations if we took away the xp boost. Also, you can sort the leaderboards by kills (non-effected), k/d (non-effected), and various other options.

EinfachNalor May 29, 2014 at 12:05 PM UTC

I have a Question. Are PMs possible on this platform? I have scanned the forum several times, but I haven't found any option. I would like PMs to be added here, if they aren't here already and I simply cant find them:)

LG Forscher

Drakeyy May 29, 2014 at 5:05 PM UTC

I've not really had any problems with any of the game modes except walls.

1. /surface doesn't work for emerald
2. Sometimes when the map rotates you'll get put back in the map you were just in
3. Poseidon kit is way too OP, without really any kits to counter it
4.Ive noticed some weird void messages when I'm not in the void
 Other then these though, I'm enjoying Avicore! :)

Joao_Victor May 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

@Forscher

We don't have PM's on the forums.

BmB May 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

I think we should re-add /server and /stats commands, because not being able to do /server is a right pain when your friend asks you what game you are in. I think the /stats for nexus should be like they were in MCzone. Kills, deaths K/D, and XP. I also agree with jrl on the lobby being a bit too big. Maybe you could downscale it?

QFrog May 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

I think we should re-add /server and /stats commands, because not being able to do /server is a right pain when your friend asks you what game you are in. I think the /stats for nexus should be like they were in MCzone. Kills, deaths K/D, and XP. I also agree with jrl on the lobby being a bit too big. Maybe you could downscale it?
They said /stats is coming back.

BmB May 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

They said /stats is coming back.
Ahh right thanks, sorry i didn't read through all the posts. Lazy me.

garsdef May 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

/hub isn't working for me?

Phobiaxx May 29, 2014 at 11:05 PM UTC

I find the anti cheat really annoying now, almost every game i get teleported while bridging and end up falling into the void at least once. It has also happened to me while i was stacking straight up.

Also, i don't like how some of the McZone maps have changed, like in Crusade they changed the stonebrick to a mixture of a bunch of different types of stone blocks, and it just looks ugly imo. They also changed Frostbite, but it's not the bedrock i don't mind, it's just that they moved the spectator spawn. People used to skybridge up there, and since it's not there anymore, it usually makes Frostbite a bit stalematey since theres only one main path to the other side.

Aye, I've died 3 times from the anti cheat :(
I support these ideas:
1.Make old maps better
2.Re-add gapple drops.
3.Re-add grenades.
4.fix anticheat?
5.Re-add /stats and /server
:)

steven5703 May 29, 2014 at 11:05 PM UTC

Get kicked 95% of the times I get shoot off a island while running at full speed. And 50% those times I get called a Logger XD

Also, add parkour to the lobby pls.

steven5703 May 29, 2014 at 11:05 PM UTC

Also remove the spam protect. It's crap.

I say 'omfg' 'stop' 'dont grief' all within 3 seconds and I get kicked for Spam.

AutoHit May 30, 2014 at 1:05 AM UTC

Stop advertising!

kycrafft May 30, 2014 at 2:05 AM UTC

GOWAI.

Tekcrezec162 May 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM UTC

I have a few problems with the current setup of Avicore.
1.Nexus laggy,why?
I thought Avicus would be anti-lag after Avicore.
2.Make it so that we can see our exp anytime we want.
3.Label Donor kits?
I have a little problem seeing which is a donor kit and which is not.
4.Hub is a little...plain,maybe add like little gadgets we can play around with?
5.I think Avicade should have more kits than like 3.
6.Relating to number 5,all the donor kits in Avicade seemed to be named Ninja?Why?

GreasyBe May 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM UTC

You cant see each other skin for some reason

TotallyTotle May 30, 2014 at 10:05 AM UTC

I've got 2 suggestions
-Add Parkour
-Re add Skywars

I know not many people liked Skywars, but well I did and I think you should give it another shot.

ImRaging May 30, 2014 at 10:05 AM UTC

There's a lot of ping issues with EU users. Since the IP is Avic.us i guess it is U.S. hosted. I know theres not much you can do about that but I thought I should say.

Also some of the commands dont work like /stats so everytime i want to check my stats i have to go onto the website.

RL.

ViceTechnicolour May 30, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

@MetallicPenguin Parkour was originally on MCZone, but was never finished. I don't think it deserves it's own gamemode, but if we could find a twist to put it in Avicade I bet it'd be real fun. Sky Wars isn't really that popular, however if we were to re-add it I think it'd also fit in avicade; the only issue is the length of the games and if it would really be worth it bringing it back. (Unofficial word here..)

@RagingLumberjack It is indeed hosted in the United States, however I believe funky said a while back on Oldvicus that if we were to get another server, it would be hosted in Europe.

@cowcowl Blame Mojang's skin servers. I don't think it's a problem on Avicus's end.
@Tekcrezec162 It's most likely the amount of players and the maps themselves. Some maps are non-laggy and some aren't. Claustrophobia and World's End have smooth framerate, while some others can impact you bad. As for #2, you can probably see it once the stats command comes back. You are able to know how much XP you get after a match ends. For #4, I agree and hopefully we can make it less boring. Right now, we just have pets and holograms. I was thinking hats, jump pads, and lounges. For #5, I believe it's hardcoded however you can always request new kits on the forum. And.. for #6.. I don't really know, probably a coincidence. 

ImRaging May 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM UTC

K, thanks @ParaSpider. <3 you!

swivr May 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM UTC

There's a lot of ping issues with EU users. Since the IP is Avic.us i guess it is U.S. hosted. I know theres not much you can do about that but I thought I should say.

Also some of the commands dont work like /stats so everytime i want to check my stats i have to go onto the website.

RL.
Avicus is hosted in Canada, the .us domain does not imply location, it just worked with Avicus.

jrsmash May 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM UTC

I still use skywars.co for the ip XD

MiniMadScientist May 30, 2014 at 9:05 PM UTC

In my opinion Avicore, although it has good programming, was not a good update. The lobby is fantastic but sadly we can't explore it because after all, it was well built and it would be sad to leave it to go to waste. The new maps are hard to get used to, I want to like them but I can't. Nexus and Avicade coming does not mean that Nebula can be changed completely. I never get to play my favourite maps, Nebula is so full of new ones. I don't like how rendezvous is at night and in my personal opinion as an Avic I think that Avicore was unfortunately not worth waiting for. 

EliBass May 30, 2014 at 9:05 PM UTC

Make the obbys more than 1 point... Seriously how will Sfk level up?

Colecrc May 30, 2014 at 10:05 PM UTC

Please Nerf Pyro. Atleast make it leather armor, because they just don't die and they have a fire aspect axe.

LuckyTiger7130 May 31, 2014 at 12:05 AM UTC

Bring back the old Nexus. Thats all i need. (:

jrsmash May 31, 2014 at 2:05 AM UTC

Why did they take away skywars?

awesome_apricot May 31, 2014 at 2:05 PM UTC

Anyone else? 

(ps. cheers Killerbye... Ruining my GifShoot :P)

IamSUPERMAN2007 May 31, 2014 at 2:05 PM UTC

BRING BACK SECRET ROOMS!!!

Yung_Metro May 31, 2014 at 2:05 PM UTC

^^^^^^^^

jrsmash May 31, 2014 at 8:05 PM UTC

^^^^^^

ParthDarthVader May 31, 2014 at 8:05 PM UTC

ya seriously I had fun with the secret rooms

mr_penguin_12 May 31, 2014 at 8:05 PM UTC

I just played avicus for 10hrs straight and discover a block glitch when im bridging then i fall in the void, and im getting warned for fastplace, and finally fly hacker i saw 4 and i killed 2 its not fair you can really reach them....

mr_penguin_12 May 31, 2014 at 8:05 PM UTC

^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^

kycrafft May 31, 2014 at 8:05 PM UTC

Nebula needs to be fixed. 

1. Cut the prices of the shop items in half
2. Make the monuments give you 10xp and 10 points
3. Make golden apples drop
4. Idk if the diamonds in some maps were brought back, but keep the diamonds
5. Put armor in the shop
6. Award xp for winning (pretty sure you don't get anything)

Phobiaxx May 31, 2014 at 8:05 PM UTC

Nebula needs to be fixed. 

1. Cut the prices of the shop items in half
2. Make the monuments give you 10xp and 10 points
3. Make golden apples drop
4. Idk if the diamonds in some maps were brought back, but keep the diamonds
5. Put armor in the shop
6. Award xp for winning (pretty sure you don't get anything)
YES! ^^ please! >:D

wyliemason1614 May 31, 2014 at 10:05 PM UTC

Well i think ummm Yes it's  Being ables to fly when you are ranked and get blend rings in to nebula xD 

EinfachNalor June 1, 2014 at 5:06 AM UTC

My opinion is pretty much the same as that from kycrafft. I would only attach, that if the grenades are brought back, they should definetly be for all. Seeing as mostly good fighters(because of the rank) had them, they were way to OP. I think the op thing was the reason, they were taken away :D However, if everyone can have them for points, they wont be so OP anymore because also unskilled users can use them. Greetz Forscher

Tekcrezec162 June 1, 2014 at 6:06 AM UTC

Improve Nexus kits,they are severely underpowered,snake only does half a heart of poison damage,it's basically useless and we only have a stone sword,Enderman is useless as well even though there's enderpearls because the enderpearls will take sometime to teleport the player to the desired location,Make them at least average kits please.

Legoche June 1, 2014 at 8:06 AM UTC

Make prices cheaper in shops

Phobiaxx June 1, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

I LOVE the new voting implement, keep it that way! :) just.... add more voting sites xD

erod15 June 1, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

^^^

Also whats happening with the walls? A lot of games arent working they have 0 players in it but it says the game is in progress.

MiniMadScientist June 1, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

Senex and rendezvous have changed in a bad way. And bring back secret rooms.

Phobiaxx June 1, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

Senex and rendezvous have changed in a bad way. And bring back secret rooms.
? how has rendezvous changed?

TortouseMincer June 3, 2014 at 9:06 AM UTC

Making people with Gold, Emerald, Diamond and Retired have their username in gold, green, blue or black on the forums :3 :D

I didn't want to say this cuz I was a snob about my rank in the past.. :3 but yeah xD

vladthegreat100 June 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM UTC

Add fly into the lobby, or at least allow people with pets fly their pets :)

Make  the lobby less 'plain', add some buildings and stuff to it. I think you know what I mean.

/where needs to come back
/where is back :P you just gotta type /where [insert the username]

vladthegreat100 June 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM UTC

The walls tping, was playing with steven, psycho and a few others on the walls and it said I wasn't allowed to tp (since I didn't have command}

soulreaper2012 June 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM UTC

How about providing a Map of where everything is :D

PastelRaven June 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM UTC

Elimination:
Compasses don't work, It will point to people who died already and you can never find anyone. :3 

soulreaper2012 June 3, 2014 at 12:06 PM UTC

Making people with Gold, Emerald, Diamond and Retired have their username in gold, green, blue or black on the forums :3 :D

I didn't want to say this cuz I was a snob about my rank in the past.. :3 but yeah xD
Sounds Cool

Pumpkination June 3, 2014 at 12:06 PM UTC

They haven t implemented adding friends.
 the lobby is a bit to large, new players might not know you can tp with the compas.

Rendez-vous 2 est pas super bien fait, et l´espace de vide est trop grand et loin du spawn, et tu pas rentrer dans les chambres à monument, mais pas placer des blocks dedans (it´s not greatly done, the void gap is to large and too far away from spawn, also you can get into the monument rooms, but you cant place blocks in it (on your team´s side))

Also fantasy (the thing with the orcs and elves) isnt to fantastic or good, its easy to rush and there is no such thing as frontlining on that map.

P.S. I didn t read any posts, hope these were nt posted too many times :P

kycrafft June 3, 2014 at 2:06 PM UTC

They haven t implemented adding friends.
 the lobby is a bit to large, new players might not know you can tp with the compas.

Rendez-vous 2 est pas super bien fait, et l´espace de vide est trop grand et loin du spawn, et tu pas rentrer dans les chambres à monument, mais pas placer des blocks dedans (it´s not greatly done, the void gap is to large and too far away from spawn, also you can get into the monument rooms, but you cant place blocks in it (on your team´s side))

Also fantasy (the thing with the orcs and elves) isnt to fantastic or good, its easy to rush and there is no such thing as frontlining on that map.

P.S. I didn t read any posts, hope these were nt posted too many times :P
The friends option will be brought back soon

I'm pretty sure most new players will check their hot at to see what the stuff is or does

During a controversial decision, Rendezvous 2 was converted from CTW to DTM. This has caused some problems

Fantasy is just a map that no-one defends on. Personally, it's a good map for defending if you want to do it. Also the no front lines means that you can sneak by the other team without getting slaughtered

SRKZI June 3, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

We need maps from the old servers on MCZone. So far the only old maps are Candoria and The Arc. (only applies to Nexus)

dodgerXyz June 3, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

Every time i try to bridge, the blocks break under me >.>

ViceTechnicolour June 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

Every time i try to bridge, the blocks break under me >.>

Lag

Phobiaxx June 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

Lag
i think it might be an AntiCheat glitch for auto-place, fast-place or somethin

Tigor101 June 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

No game/kit committee

No game/kit committee
That's a good thing imo, they completely failed

Tigor101 June 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

That's a good thing imo, they completely failed
Well, they did take too long (especially my nexus kit that was under review for 4 months) but, I think that they should reestablish the committees because i have http://avicus.net/forums/1c6f6c08f and it got great feedback on it.

Well, they did take too long (especially my nexus kit that was under review for 4 months) but, I think that they should reestablish the committees because i have http://avicus.net/forums/1c6f6c08f and it got great feedback on it.
Communication was lost with them, it took a long time for replies, and I personally think that we should rename "Map Developers" into something else to where we can help manage both. 

MustardMan227 June 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

If someone is trying to make a long written thought out post on the forums and then they copy and paste a link to say a picture, video, etc. Once they paste the link all there paragraphs come together and all the "Enters" they pushed to make the different spaces for those paragraphs. An Example:

Hey guys! I just made a video! I will now press enter four times to make a new paragraph and tell you what the video is about.This video is a Website Tour of the new website for Avicus! I will now press enter four times for a paragraph saying Enjoy!I really hope you guys enjoy this video! I will now post the link to the video in the next paragraph. Here is the link to the video:https://www.youtube.com/

If I didn't put the enters back in the Bug Find above the jumbled paragraph it would look like this.

Never seen the /trails in action. Maybe in the shop you should add links to pictures so people could see what some of the perks do. Such as /trails. If someone is trying to make a long written thought out post on the forums and then they copy and paste a link to say a picture, video, etc. Once they paste the link all there paragraphs come together and all the "Enters" they pushed to make the different spaces for those paragraphs. An Example:Hey guys! I just made a video! I will now press enter four times to make a new paragraph and tell you what the video is about.This video is a Website Tour of the new website for Avicus! I will now press enter four times for a paragraph saying Enjoy!I really hope you guys enjoy this video! I will now post the link to the video in the next paragraph. Here is the link to the video:https://www.youtube.com/

It also really bugs me that I have to press "Enter" twice to get one enter when I post a reply/comment/post/discussion on the forums.

EinfachNalor June 4, 2014 at 12:06 PM UTC

There is one thing that bothers me MUCH here and I am nearly gone because of this. There are way to much hackers here and also mostly the wrong people are accused of hacking. For instance, 2 days a go in Unix(Nebula) A leather guy fighted against 2 diamond guys(including me) and won(He didn't knock us over the edge) I alone had given him about 10 hits with my diamond sword. But strangely no one thought, that he could be a hacker.

EinfachNalor June 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM UTC

It must be shown again, if a monument is destroyed !!!!!!!!!

EinfachNalor June 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM UTC

I will only come back, if it is fixed that a notice comes if a monument is destroyed. It is so annoying that there isn't one

kycrafft June 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM UTC

I will only come back, if it is fixed that a notice comes if a monument is destroyed. It is so annoying that there isn't one
Um....as far as I know there is a notice. 

D00ZiE June 4, 2014 at 5:06 PM UTC

I think that a kit/Gamemode committee is GREATLY needed :P 

MustardMan227 June 4, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

Kits could probably be taken care of by Funky, Para, and Evo but game committee yes pls +1

erod15 June 4, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

I think we really need to fix Poseidon its so unfair it is so hard to beat them. 

Tekcrezec162 June 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

Big Nebula glitch
When I break the monuments,nothing happens,it doesn't say I broke it nor do I gain exp from it.

Tekcrezec162 June 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

Yes,I would love to join it if this idea was excepted :D
+1

ViceTechnicolour June 5, 2014 at 12:06 AM UTC

Big Nebula glitch
When I break the monuments,nothing happens,it doesn't say I broke it nor do I gain exp from it.
It's on github