Avicus Archive

My rants. by NewVoltdrive September 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

Well, it's been a while......a long while. So, I just want to say what I have seen in my short visit here.

First, where I have been. Tbh, I not only quit Avicus, but Minecraft in general. Playing a game for a year straight. However, Avicus.....is really boring right now. More on that later. I now spend a lot of my time perfecting Mega Man games and doing smart stuff. (Algebra 1 in 7th grade. Yez.) And school has never been better. Awesome friends, awesome girls, (I can now say that a smart blonde chick is possible.) and awesome classes. (Engineering is so awesome, might become an engineer. Or a chemisist. Inside joke.) So, that is a brief outline of where I have been.
  Now, what I have to say about Avicus. The server itself....is one of the laggiest ever. NCP just annoys the hell out of me, and server quality is just awful.
Community? I took one look at the front page, looked through some topics. And I can quite honestly say that you guys have gone bad. Hostility, and just plain annoyance. All you people tryharding to be mod...forget it, there is no point getting mod on a server which will not last the end of 2014. (It's true, admit it.)
That's what I have to say. Deal with it.

Exzyy September 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Im sorry but I feel like it's the truth. Even for me. Even for anyone...

FallTimeSummer September 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Tbh, all I said to that was "Incorrect, false, wrong, error, untrue." except about the personal life stuff.

Goodnighht September 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

We know :( it's sad but we are trying to fix it but there's very rarely new ppl and with out new ppl we can't do much :/

NewVoltdrive September 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Tbh, all I said to that was "Incorrect, false, wrong, error, untrue." except about the personal life stuff.
Good to see someone keeps a positive attitude around here. Give this person some applause.
*claps*
But seriously, accept it.

Accept what? I don't see anything wrong with Avicus, but don't worry, I'm just an ignorant little GIRL aren't I?!

NewVoltdrive September 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Accept what? I don't see anything wrong with Avicus, but don't worry, I'm just an ignorant little GIRL aren't I?!
Didn't say your ignorant, but I'm just going to drop this.

Numberz_ September 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

I missed you BedRoom. :L
-On topic- I can't disagree with any of the points.. it is one of the more lagger servers but i'm sure it will get fixed some day. .-.

Shoto_ September 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

I know it's laggy/terrible right now, but (possible) new devs and new staff, along with the rest of the servers, will TRY to make it better. If not, :/

MidnightBeats September 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

To be honest this isn't a very strong rant.

While I understand that the server is lagging right now, that's no reason to criticize Avicus. Yes, the server's lag is making it very hard to play some games at the moment, but there's no reason to hate on Avicus on it completely.
I half agree with you on this point.

Community? What topics do you see on the forum page that annoys you? You need some evidence in order to prove that our community is terrible.

"Don't try at Mod, it never lasts." This part of your rant I did not like.
Trying for Mod is beneficial, it gives you a chance to experience what it's like to be an adult. When you get older and want to try for a job, you have to go through a long process such as writing a resumé, and having the skills and attitude to keep the job. It places a great amount of responsibility on your shoulders. 
When I see the applications open, I see a chance to get better prepared in life. You can carry the responsibility of leading this community only through a long, hard process. That is life.

My overall view on this rant.
It's not the best. It has weak semi-points and blatant main points.

Hope you don't take this too seriously.

To be honest this isn't a very strong rant.

While I understand that the server is lagging right now, that's no reason to criticize Avicus. Yes, the server's lag is making it very hard to play some games at the moment, but there's no reason to hate on Avicus on it completely.
I half agree with you on this point.

Community? What topics do you see on the forum page that annoys you? You need some evidence in order to prove that our community is terrible.

"Don't try at Mod, it never lasts." This part of your rant I did not like.
Trying for Mod is beneficial, it gives you a chance to experience what it's like to be an adult. When you get older and want to try for a job, you have to go through a long process such as writing a resumé, and having the skills and attitude to keep the job. It places a great amount of responsibility on your shoulders. 
When I see the applications open, I see a chance to get better prepared in life. You can carry the responsibility of leading this community only through a long, hard process. That is life.

My overall view on this rant.
It's not the best. It has weak semi-points and blatant main points.

Hope you don't take this too seriously.
Very true. *holds up applause sign but drops it cuz I'm a fish*

MidnightBeats September 26, 2014 at 3:09 AM UTC

Very true. *holds up applause sign but drops it cuz I'm a fish*
Don't worry, Pandas aren't good at holding up signs either.

Goodnighht September 26, 2014 at 3:09 AM UTC

Idk if Bacca are but I think we are considering we climb trees all the time

but we should stay on topic so no one has to get web banned

FallTimeSummer September 26, 2014 at 3:09 AM UTC

Haha

QFrog September 26, 2014 at 3:09 AM UTC

Yes the server is laggy, yes the server is at a low point. But I have seen worse, a lot worse. I am currently staff on a small survival server that was huge back in the day, about the same size as mczone. It has now died down to a point where it is rare to seen more than 6 people on. The main downfall of this server is because it was survival and survival isn't that popular anymore. But Avicus is pvp, which is a HUGE part of Minecraft right now. Avicus is far from dead, we just need someone to improve it then get youtubers on here to advertise.

Kammeh September 26, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

Don't worry, Pandas aren't good at holding up signs either.
Im not sure Charmanders are either. XD they would probably burn it if it were made out of paper or wood.

NewVoltdrive September 26, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

Ya...never have been the greatest at ranting. Someone should call TNTurtles.

Robin_DD_J September 26, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

*Tryhards* lol

Zaayk September 26, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

This server isn't dying. It's many many people's favorite server since MC Zone beta. Even if only 3 people were still here, guess what. I'd still be playing it. This is my favorite server and I will play it until it's complete end, which won't be anytime soon. Nebula, CTH, Walls, it's all fun! And the staff? They're the best! Community? Awesome! If people don't like the server, please just leave instead of attempting to make a flame war. ;)

MerlinMaster September 26, 2014 at 12:09 PM UTC

You've only been gone for 2 weeks.

Pelpelajax September 26, 2014 at 12:09 PM UTC

If you compare this Community with another server, with a different Community, this, Avicus Community clearly stands out. People always accept each other, always have laughs in game and just enjoy talking to other people. If you look at other servers, their community is absolutely horrible, you could say Avicus is heaven and the others are hell. In game it might be bad, but the regulars and the forums user know what there doing and know how to keep the Community together.

TortouseMincer September 26, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

I agree.

I can't login onto Avicus; and I haven't been able to for 3 months now. :/

I get timed out errors but I can join other servers...

winterice123 September 27, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

Ima give you some life advice, right now...
You should spend less time complaining and more time working on yo pick up skills.
Seriously. "Such a thing as a smart blonde" you aint never gonna get laid this way.

MidnightBeats September 27, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

Ima give you some life advice, right now...
You should spend less time complaining and more time working on yo pick up skills.
Seriously. "Such a thing as a smart blonde" you aint never gonna get laid this way.
Agreed. The rant was weak on its own and the blond thing was too far.