Avicus Archive

Let's Talk About 1.9 by ALM July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

Hello everyone, ALM here.

For the last couple of months, it has been discussed both internally and in the community about switching our servers to 1.12 and allowing 1.9+ clients to connect. This has some major advantages in development since we can now use features that we haven't been able to use in over a year since we have been on 1.8. 

I would like to get some community input on this matter since you guys are the one's that play our servers.

Some things to consider:

Vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/13335429

Feel free to discuss below but be warned that any useless posts will be archived.

UPDATE: We can support 1.10.*, 1.9.*, 1.8.*, 1.7.* clients if we update.

Thanks,
ALM

Cow_Man06 July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

SUPPORT 1.7 AND 1.8

*edit: please keep 1.8 pvp just please

t3h_n3rd July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

just drop support for every version

rinn July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

:(

Junr July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

Keep 1.8, don't drop it, that's a big mistake right there.

ProfessorUtonium July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

i'd rather see the server move forward than being held back by a 1 - 2 year old version instead of using outdated software for development.

pretty sure We all knew this would've happened eventually. We can't stay 1.8 forever.

EbGG July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

If 1.8 and 1.8 pvp get dropped I know for sure you will lose many MANNNY PEOPLE

Junr July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

i'd rather see the server move forward than being held back by a 1 - 2 year old version instead of using outdated software for development.

pretty sure We all knew this would've happened eventually. We can't stay 1.8 forever.
Minecraft is oLd anyways o.o

I'll be one of the ones leaving no matter what if we switch to 1.9. Many more with follow.

Goodnighht July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

Are we sure this is the right strawpoll?

ytilauxesomoh July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

No no no no no no no no

OCN had over ten times your playerbase before switching to 1.9, then died less than 6 months later. For a pvp server, updating to 1.9 is essentially lying down in a coffin.

This mistake has been made before. Learn from it.

Goodnighht July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

No no no no no no no no

OCN had over ten times your playerbase before switching to 1.9, then died less than 6 months later. For a pvp server, updating to 1.9 is essentially lying down in a coffin.

This ^

Minecraft is oLd anyways o.o
true

Albinooooooo July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

Good idea, keep up the great work!

SK8BORT_P July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

do it you wont

ALM July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

SK8BORT_P July 2, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

hahahahahahaa fucking ridiculous

ChertanProject July 2, 2017 at 4:07 AM UTC

No no no no no no no no

My opinion is to listen to this if you want this server to survive

lgmatias July 2, 2017 at 4:07 AM UTC

Abandoning 1.7 support is a huge folley, please learn from your predecessors and do not repeat their mistakes. The reason Avicus tourneys have been increasing in size as of recently is because you're just now tapping into the huge playerbase of people who loved team based 8v8 minecraft (ocn) and like playing in 1.7, the objectively best version for pvp. In 1.8, your crosshair lags behind where it is alleged to be by a few miliseconds, and the laundrylist of unplayable features and bugs added in 1.9 will not only take more dev time to remove than it did to make all of atlas, but even then at the very best you can only achieve a quazi 1.7 pvp hybrid where you're neither appeasing the people who want a real 1.7 pvp experience, or the 1.9 purists who I assume you're trying to attract with this move. This is a lose lose. Keep 1.7 support or your current competitive playerbase evaporates, I promise.

Or8 July 2, 2017 at 4:07 AM UTC

So you are slowly going towards not giving people a reason to pick avicus over stratus? Only positive of avicus is its version imo...

Or8 July 2, 2017 at 4:07 AM UTC

Abandoning 1.7 support is a huge folley, please learn from your predecessors and do not repeat their mistakes. The reason Avicus tourneys have been increasing in size as of recently is because you're just now tapping into the huge playerbase of people who loved team based 8v8 minecraft (ocn) and like playing in 1.7, the objectively best version for pvp. In 1.8, your crosshair lags behind where it is alleged to be by a few miliseconds, and the laundrylist of unplayable features and bugs added in 1.9 will not only take more dev time to remove than it did to make all of atlas, but even then at the very best you can only achieve a quazi 1.7 pvp hybrid where you're neither appeasing the people who want a real 1.7 pvp experience, or the 1.9 purists who I assume you're trying to attract with this move. This is a lose lose. Keep 1.7 support or your current competitive playerbase evaporates, I promise.
Thank fucking god, I found someone with a brain.

SharknadoSeven July 2, 2017 at 4:07 AM UTC

yeah atleast  the competitive aspect of avicus plays for 1.7 not innovative gameplay mechanics tm

ginie1 July 2, 2017 at 4:07 AM UTC

?

:thinking:

Numberz_ July 2, 2017 at 6:07 AM UTC

im fine with it updating but I still think tournaments/scrim server should be kept on either 1.7 or 1.8

Mehrp July 2, 2017 at 7:07 AM UTC

"Lets talk about 1.9"
EDIT: just realised 1.7 no longer supported  yet avicus says this (below) and when I log in it just times out and doesnt even say 'sorry 1.7 has been dumped'
EDIT 2: just went on 1.8 and I have a really fat xp bar covering my screen fantastic
EDIT 3: Also turns out I cant turn this bar off fantastic lets update to 1.8 without letting people turn off a fat bar that was not present in 1.7

Diabolicx July 2, 2017 at 7:07 AM UTC

The reason I'm playing in 1.8 is that all higher versions are buggy as fuck and 1.8 is overall more stable and easier to play in, so please don't drop support for it

ImRaging July 2, 2017 at 7:07 AM UTC

Um did you not see what happened to ocn? Updating to 1.9 is a huge mistake and dropping 1.7 support is aswell

the server had 1 person on at 1 point yesrerday, if that doesnt count as being dead, then dropping 1.7 will make sure of it

kon333 July 2, 2017 at 7:07 AM UTC

Please, please, please, please, please! Don't do this. Avicus has made some mistakes in the past.. Killing of the player count hugely. This, is one of those mistakes, but it's not some small mistake, I and from the looks of it everyone else, can tell this is one of those major fuck ups that a server could make. As everyone has been saying, OCN did this.. Look where they are now.

You recently updated the scrim server, great job! However, massive shame the
competitive scene is now dead.. 

It's worth the thought, but it's not worth the time. The only thing that stops me playing stratus instead of avicus. Is the community and the 1.7/1.8 support. By getting rid of 1.7/1.8 support, you get rid of the community. Then you might as well all start applying for staff at Hypixel, because if you do this Avicus is 110% dead.

Junr July 2, 2017 at 7:07 AM UTC

what are the stars for? Does it mean there's a catch to it?

Skquid July 2, 2017 at 3:07 PM UTC

We don't want to die please keep 1.8 pvp

cellish July 2, 2017 at 3:07 PM UTC

if you actually remove 1.8 to the server you do realise that ur gonna lose a heck ton of people right

imryaan July 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM UTC

"i'd rather see the server move forward than being held back by a 1 - 2 year old version instead of using outdated software for development."

I'm pretty sure updating the server to 1.9 would kill it. Just look what happened to OCN.

Player base, Profit > Software

Tazz July 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM UTC

oh neil

DaGoldBrick July 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM UTC

I agree, handing over 95% of the remaining player base to stratus is a good way to update the server

Okiba July 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM UTC

i mean if you dont want players anymore then go ahead lol ! ! !

rinn July 2, 2017 at 6:07 PM UTC

most of what's left here is the competitive community which is extremely reliant on 1.7 mechanics

what's the advantage in dropping support for it

Riilo July 2, 2017 at 7:07 PM UTC

what are the stars for? Does it mean there's a catch to it?
I'm pretty sure the asterisk is filling in for all the other versions non mentioned between 1.7, and 1.10 (1.7.2, 1.7.9, 1..8.8, 1.8.9. 1.9.2, etc.

Zeusy July 2, 2017 at 7:07 PM UTC

"i'd rather see the server move forward than being held back by a 1 - 2 year old version instead of using outdated software for development."

do you really think that allowing compatibility with other versions is truly what's holding the server back? Cutting 1.7 will make the player count decrease even more, I've been through these changes, and they will ALWAYS revert back, so please shove your 2 year old excuse elsewhere.

Rombeyy July 2, 2017 at 7:07 PM UTC

kon333 July 2, 2017 at 7:07 PM UTC

14 PLAYERS!! This amazing, fantastic, straight up ingenious idea, must've worked!! Wow a sunday and we have 14 players! Nice one guys!

Jk #BRINGBACK1.7

Seuthy July 2, 2017 at 7:07 PM UTC

Can I ask why we support 1.12 when there is no difference in pvp from 1.9, and 1.11?

SK8BORT_P July 2, 2017 at 7:07 PM UTC

If you're dead set on doing this, at least wait until this current tournament cycle is over to remove 1.7.

AtditC July 3, 2017 at 7:07 PM UTC

Don't do it. No.

ElementalAssasin July 3, 2017 at 8:07 PM UTC

@developer team what makes you think that this will help avicus in anyway at all

Clickn July 3, 2017 at 8:07 PM UTC

Pffh, OCN's playerbase dropped when they updated to 1.9, and looked what happened! It got shut down. I understand that 1.7 and 1.8 is old but the 1.9 combat system is super bad tbh.

dieqoh July 4, 2017 at 1:07 AM UTC

Pffh, OCN's playerbase dropped when they updated to 1.9, and looked what happened! It got shut down. I understand that 1.7 and 1.8 is old but the 1.9 combat system is super bad tbh.
+1

X911yasuomain69X July 4, 2017 at 2:07 AM UTC

srsly if u want proof just look at all of those mega servers im not going to mention them but u should probaby know what they r. They were actually smart enough to not get rid of 1.8 and some even 1.7 because they actually had brains and thought that 'if we removed those versions everyone would be sad and leave the server so we wont get get rid of them.' Like most of them aren't even competitive servers and they could legit get rid of 1.8 support and the whole community would probably still be alright with the 1.9 hits. But even they didn't get rid of it. And since avicus is a 'competitive' minecraft server, i doubt that removing this support would be beneficial to this server at all. 'i'd rather see the server move forward than being held back by a 1 - 2 year old version instead of using outdated software for development.' U either didn't think twice before posting or u just dont understand how this process works at all no offence but that is legit one of the most reckless and unrewarding ideas I have ever heard of in my life. Getting rid of something old and getting something new instead doesnt necessarily mean that it will be better. For example, u have a laptop and the company releases a new version of the laptop that u have but its inferior in specs to the laptop u have rn in all area. What u r saying is that we should buy that laptop and get rid of ur old one even tho its better because u want to 'move forward'. Avicus staff team plz take all of these replies on this thread to account because WE r the people playing ur server and not YOU and what we r all saying is that u shouldn't drop support for 1.8 and also bringing back 1.7 support. Plz do consider that our opinions r the ones that matter the most because when u do drop support for 1.8, most of us wont be here anymore and by then, u will be regretting this decision. Mark my words.

MeMyselfAndGhost July 4, 2017 at 4:07 AM UTC

Can I ask why we support 1.12 when there is no difference in pvp from 1.9, and 1.11?
1.11 has auto-jump!!!

DaFrozenBlaze July 4, 2017 at 7:07 AM UTC

1.11 has auto-jump!!!
That doesn't sound too bad

Xuph July 4, 2017 at 8:07 AM UTC

1.7 was the only advantage of avicus over stratus. If you remove 1.7&1.8 I, or any other player, have no reason to come prefer to play here over stratus. They have better maps, better staff, better everything. You had one advantage and you fucked it hard in the organs

Posighdun July 4, 2017 at 9:07 AM UTC

Being a competitive PVP server it's pretty obvious that updating to something other than 1.7/1.8 is going to have a severe effect on server. I would have hoped that by now we have learnt from our past and could see that.

The only possible advantage of using 1.9 would be for the development aspects. But If you think about it, what's the point of updating to 1.9 when all we will really get is a couple of new blocks in maps and some other features that won't really do much. We're a competitive server, we don't really need new development features as much as we need decent pvp mechanics. I'd understand if we were a massive minigames server or a small survival server, but it certainly doesn't make any logical sense for a competitive pvp server to make the switch. 

Just look at OCN and what has happened to it. Arguably their player count drop was caused by their switch to 1.9. Even after we dropped 1.7, only a few days ago, the player counts have dropped again. 

It's good to know though that the majority of you want us to stay with 1.8 .

lunaceee July 4, 2017 at 10:07 AM UTC

Hi

Xuph July 4, 2017 at 10:07 AM UTC

bring 1.7 back

DaGoldBrick July 4, 2017 at 2:07 PM UTC

Being a competitive PVP server it's pretty obvious that updating to something other than 1.7/1.8 is going to have a severe effect on server. I would have hoped that by now we have learnt from our past and could see that.

The only possible advantage of using 1.9 would be for the development aspects. But If you think about it, what's the point of updating to 1.9 when all we will really get is a couple of new blocks in maps and some other features that won't really do much. We're a competitive server, we don't really need new development features as much as we need decent pvp mechanics. I'd understand if we were a massive minigames server or a small survival server, but it certainly doesn't make any logical sense for a competitive pvp server to make the switch. 

Just look at OCN and what has happened to it. Arguably their player count drop was caused by their switch to 1.9. Even after we dropped 1.7, only a few days ago, the player counts have dropped again. 

There's no advantage of using 1.9 for avicus at all. I find it funny af that people think just because a version is a higher number than the next it makes it more of a viable choice for development or w/e. MC is dying 24/7 because of these shitty updates, I can only name 1 server that has some success with 1.9 pvp and even that is minuscule in comparison to the success it would have if it were 1.7. Every update after 1.7 to combat is terrible and no pvp server that wants to get a decent player count should prevent 1.7 clients from logging in.

but hey this is AVICUS

ArmamentHaki July 4, 2017 at 2:07 PM UTC

To be honest, 1.12 is currently my favorite minecraft-version. I was doing a mod and then I realized that the worlds now look much cooler and epic, and the new changes werent that bad either. For pvp, I prefer 1.7 or 1.8. Also I think that 1.8 has to do more with skill, because it made movement more important

InputIGNHere July 4, 2017 at 4:07 PM UTC

I'm fine if it updates... just have it so that 1.9+ has the tweak where it seems like there is no hit delay by setting hit speed to 999.

Goodnighht July 4, 2017 at 6:07 PM UTC

I'm fine if it updates... just have it so that 1.9+ has the tweak where it seems like there is no hit delay by setting hit speed to 999.
The hit detection is still awful in 1.9+, even if you make the swing delay zero.

rinn July 4, 2017 at 6:07 PM UTC

it's good that you understand why not to use 1.9 but what's the point in removing 1.7?

ytilauxesomoh July 4, 2017 at 6:07 PM UTC

Wrong. 1.11 fixed the crosshair lag thing that came about in 1.8

K_R_Cord July 4, 2017 at 7:07 PM UTC

I am personally against this move at this moment because it does not fit with our general demographic that we are currently trying to attract. The only aspect of the pvp community that plays above 1.8 is the faction communities and even so the biggest faction servers in mind stick with 1.8 or lower. The server at the moment does not fit such a shift that if this was to happen it would decimate our community and give them less of a reason to play on our services compared to our direct competition. 
I get the ideas of having an easier time developing the plugins and bringing new and exciting games into the Minecraft community, but doing a full change towards a version can hurt us more than help us even in the long run.

Zeusy July 4, 2017 at 9:07 PM UTC

Thank fuck someone actually understands

Posighdun July 5, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

it's good that you understand why not to use 1.9 but what's the point in removing 1.7?
Well I don't really agree with that either. I'd assume it would just be to make things easier development wise.

Zeusy July 5, 2017 at 9:07 AM UTC

Well I don't really agree with that either. I'd assume it would just be to make things easier development wise.
what fucking development?

don't lose your player base for some overrated updates that eventually decline the server even more

Iron July 5, 2017 at 10:07 AM UTC

in the past two or three days I have come on this server like 10 times. The most amount of players I've seen is 20. Dropping 1.8 or updating whichever is what you would call the final straw. I do not see a reason for people to continue to play on this server if the one asset it has (the versions it supports) is removed.  A sad state of affairs to be frank.

Alpp July 5, 2017 at 3:07 PM UTC

If 1.8 and 1.8 pvp get dropped I know for sure you will lose many MANNNY PEOPLE
ikr

Alpp July 5, 2017 at 3:07 PM UTC

"Lets talk about 1.9"
EDIT: just realised 1.7 no longer supported  yet avicus says this (below) and when I log in it just times out and doesnt even say 'sorry 1.7 has been dumped'
EDIT 2: just went on 1.8 and I have a really fat xp bar covering my screen fantastic
EDIT 3: Also turns out I cant turn this bar off fantastic lets update to 1.8 without letting people turn off a fat bar that was not present in 1.7
just use 1.7 u spastic

Spoookeh July 5, 2017 at 4:07 PM UTC

Let's not

Zeusy July 5, 2017 at 6:07 PM UTC

in the past two or three days I have come on this server like 10 times. The most amount of players I've seen is 20. Dropping 1.8 or updating whichever is what you would call the final straw. I do not see a reason for people to continue to play on this server if the one asset it has (the versions it supports) is removed.  A sad state of affairs to be frank.
THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

rinn July 6, 2017 at 12:07 AM UTC

stratus just announced 1.7/1.8 support

L

Iron July 6, 2017 at 12:07 AM UTC

stratus just announced 1.7/1.8 support

L
It would appear their 20 year old admin understands how to satisfy his playerbase. (And presumably knows how to correctly use grammar in his speech)

Riilo July 6, 2017 at 12:07 AM UTC

I'm sure as a PVP server you could have easily expected those poll results. A lot of well-known servers have made very stupid mistakes, which have ruined their player base or server in general. Avicus is barely lifting off the ground, as the server struggles to get more than 40 people online each day. Avicus has had a lot of updates in the past, and some were absolutely awful. I'm sure by now, Avicus knows what the community wants, and what it doesn't want. If you want this to stay alive, then give the community what they want. Don't expect the community to adapt to your changes, and think they will like them. Removing 1.7 support was quite stupid, and removing 1.8 support is going to stop the server. I get that not a lot of people used 1.7 daily, but when it came to competitive tournaments & scrims that is something I'd say about 75% of people used. If we want to have a competitive side and continue as a PVP server, then don't remove the versions that have the best pvp. I understand the server wants to update to all this new fancy stuff, but in the end, you are achieving nothing but failure. Don't ruin PVP like Minecraft did.

Rombeyy July 6, 2017 at 12:07 AM UTC

+1 now u r a real admin xdlol btw if you those are your thoughts then why did the server still got updated ? there wasnt a vote thing or what ?

ElementalAssasin July 6, 2017 at 2:07 AM UTC

+1 now u r a real admin xdlol btw if you those are your thoughts then why did the server still got updated ? there wasnt a vote thing or what ?
Pretty sure it was the owner who wanted the change

Posighdun July 6, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

No, I'm a fake admin.

ALM July 6, 2017 at 9:07 AM UTC

It seems there has been a bit of confusion regarding this whole thread and a lot of points have been made for and against the update. Let me get some things straight.

Feel free to continue discussion below.

Vanthex July 6, 2017 at 3:07 PM UTC

i will play 1.9 on avicus only if you guys somehow manage to make a custom 1.9 pvp client that uses 1.7 mechanics and shit, instead of having a server plugin that tries to simulate 1.7 which is gay

Riilo July 7, 2017 at 12:07 AM UTC

ALM
So you're saying if we update to 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12 fully we will have 1.7 back but no 1.8? And whats the point of getting our response to if we want 1.8 to stay or not if you are just going to remove it.

ALM July 7, 2017 at 2:07 AM UTC

ALM
So you're saying if we update to 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12 fully we will have 1.7 back but no 1.8? And whats the point of getting our response to if we want 1.8 to stay or not if you are just going to remove it.

ButIDK July 7, 2017 at 5:07 AM UTC

Idk what you admins or whoever are thinking but,

In no sense is updating past 1.8 a competent idea from a competitive standpoint. Not only are the 1.9 features literally gamebreaking (elytras for example) to a level where the "whole map" is irrelevant since you can fly to your own base to the wool rooms.

Possibly, 1.9 and above have some good factors from a public and casual standpoint for "the fun" of it. 

Although, if the server were to be updated past 1.8 and for there to be no prize pool, Bulldogs/Pureblox will not participate in future tournaments due to the terrible combat/PvP experience of 1.9 and above (Essentially, no fun or incentive to win or play over other Tournaments/servers). As an example, the update caused The Overcast Network to get bought out by Lifeboat causing a crash in the server as a whole. I would also like to input the server is already pretty "Laggy". As in the hitregistration/detection is worse than a lot of other servers and 1.9 will just make it more worse and add disgustingly broken knockback. 

Thanks for the read whoever cares idk, cya.

ChertanProject July 9, 2017 at 5:07 AM UTC

Idk what you admins or whoever are thinking but,

In no sense is updating past 1.8 a competent idea from a competitive standpoint. Not only are the 1.9 features literally gamebreaking (elytras for example) to a level where the "whole map" is irrelevant since you can fly to your own base to the wool rooms.

Possibly, 1.9 and above have some good factors from a public and casual standpoint for "the fun" of it. 

Although, if the server were to be updated past 1.8 and for there to be no prize pool, Bulldogs/Pureblox will not participate in future tournaments due to the terrible combat/PvP experience of 1.9 and above (Essentially, no fun or incentive to win or play over other Tournaments/servers). As an example, the update caused The Overcast Network to get bought out by Lifeboat causing a crash in the server as a whole. I would also like to input the server is already pretty "Laggy". As in the hitregistration/detection is worse than a lot of other servers and 1.9 will just make it more worse and add disgustingly broken knockback. 

Thanks for the read whoever cares idk, cya.
if even someone as yung as this man over here can understand how shit works in a fucking block game than I'm pretty sure the admins can also understand unless they r autistic

TheMasterClock July 9, 2017 at 3:07 PM UTC

just put 1.8 bc nobody gives a fuck about those people who want 1.9+

Xeinpai July 11, 2017 at 7:07 PM UTC

:(
:,(

_Nathy July 12, 2017 at 12:07 AM UTC

• If we were to update to 1.9, it is POSSIBLE for us to support 1.7 again.
  • With the update, we would still support ALL VERSIONS which we currently support. 

Just thought I'd fix that for you. I'm sure thats what you meant as you don't want to kill the server.....I think?

Iron July 12, 2017 at 8:07 AM UTC

how 2 kill a shitty server by ALM

rinn July 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM UTC

hey can you stop fucking locking legit threads without any explanation or any attempt to answer the questions asked

BmB July 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM UTC

update if it means we can play 1.7 otherwise na

http://prntscr.com/fur5xj

DaGoldBrick July 12, 2017 at 3:07 PM UTC

I was questioning ALMs intelligence for a while. I was unsure which side of the fence to put him on, but this had made it clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwY3HbSIRTE

Fixes everything and then ruins it with 1 retarded decision. It's like he was involved in a car crash and lost 70% of his brain cells in said crash/during the surgery.

Zegita July 13, 2017 at 2:07 PM UTC

come now boys and girls there's no reason to flame ALM.

I can understand why you'd want to update to 1.9+ because of the features you'll receive for development wise etc but you see the thing is and to be quite honest with you a lot of the community would like to keep 1.7 because of how well it plays just purely in pvp. This is evident by the voting that you did which stated whether or not to keep 1.7 or remove it. A lot of people voted to keep but you still removed it. Nonetheless, this server was thriving with the competitive scene and brought in more players because they see the version and immediately migrate. You know this but the same problem occured with OCN. As soon as they dropped 1.7 which was the version everybody loved, they just went into decline and then eventually they updated to 1.9 and yeah bye bye server.

However, I am 100% not against 1.9 but and I say "but" in bold to imply how important this is; if you update to 1.9 and the pvp mechanics is how it is in vanilla 1.9 in which there is that shitty cooldown, I am telling you right now this server will die. Unless you can manipulate the pvp mechanics like how Stratus does it then I am fine with that, but what's the point if you're willing to support 1.8 anyway.

Avicus for the last 2 years ish, has been just the same band of people and those band of people with their experience know what is right for the server. This whole server wouldn't exist without a community and you're simply diminishing the community, leaving them in the shadows and thus you see a decline in players. Remember Austin all the good teamspeak moments; that's the community right there. You eventually say you will update to 1.9 but keep this in mind the same people that willingly played the server for a long time will be gone. You want to cater to the "new" players who are running the latest version but if they come on the server they're most likely going to just leave in an hour or two rather than those who were playing prior and stayed.

TLDR:

hopefully that's most of the things summarised. ALM, if there's anything that's bothering you, you can speak to me and we can talk more about this if you would like. I'd appreciate a response. sorry for such a long post lmao and thanks if anyone actually read most of the shit.

ytilauxesomoh July 13, 2017 at 4:07 PM UTC

Tell me one gameplay advantage of 1.9, ill wait

X911yasuomain69X July 13, 2017 at 4:07 PM UTC

SHIELDS!!!!!!!!

ok in all fucking honesty nothing

ogel July 13, 2017 at 8:07 PM UTC

block spam with 2 hands