Avicus Archive

Where has Quintus gone? by BourbonBonobo January 12, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Quintus, Once my favorite map, has now turned into a really unfair kill farm map which has made me come to the decision to write this. At the beginning of Avicus, I thought quintus was the coolest map. Everyone seemed to love it, everyone always talked about it over and over again. Now a days, quintus has turned into a kill farm map. Where'd that come from? This is more like spawn kill farming, players can't escape the bounds of their spawn area, without getting pegged by swords, and have the constant dread about being killed rather than enjoying the game. Imagine you were a brand new person to the server and you were on the team being kill farmed. You would probably be really mad about what is going on, and confused as well. You would be like, I can't escape my spawn, players with full diamond are hitting me just as I step out of the protective shell of spawn. Wouldn't that just be annoying? Then imagine that player thinking of leaving the server, and never coming back again, because of the experience he/she just faced. I'm quite pissed off that this is happening on avicus. The legacy of quintus being such a unique map is almost a mirage to me now. Where has the old quintus gone?

Please respond to this. And thank you for reading this as well

-peace

AutoHit January 12, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Killfarming is a tactic and is allowed on the server. If people think the Players are Spawn Killing and being unfair they can report them.

MerlinMaster January 12, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

In other circumstances, kill farming puts new challenge on players. It makes them want to pvp more to get out.

alexanderjoe January 12, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Asked para... he said it was gone.

EDIT: There is a match playing on mczone01

Splades January 12, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Honestly you can legit just avoid them, it's not hard. I don't mean this in an offensive way but get good and avoid the killfarms. Honestly I hate threads about people saying kill farming being unfair it's usually just people who don't know how to rush that automatically start complaining saying killfarming is spawnkilling. I am mainly a rusher but sometimes I like to killfarm with friends on TS. Once again: get good and find ways to avoid killfarms.

BourbonBonobo January 12, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

@splade4812, get good at what? pvp? I'm already pretty good at that

VenomousViper January 12, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Honestly you can legit just avoid them, it's not hard. I don't mean this in an offensive way but get good and avoid the killfarms. Honestly I hate threads about people saying kill farming being unfair it's usually just people who don't know how to rush that automatically start complaining saying killfarming is spawnkilling. I am mainly a rusher but sometimes I like to killfarm with friends on TS. Once again: get good and find ways to avoid killfarms.
+1

Splades January 12, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Get good at finding ways to avoid killfarms.

Btw 1v1? (I'll record).

kycrafft January 12, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Kill farming isn't the problem. It's the map.

VenomousViper January 12, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Kill farming isn't the problem. It's the map.
I personally like the map a lot and can break kill farms

SnowSX3 January 12, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

I agree with you 100% Canuck.

JKawesome January 12, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

There are a lot of ways to avoid killfarms, which involve sneaking and stuff. It just takes practice.

BerrySmooothie January 12, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

I agree 100%

Infivix January 12, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

"get good at what, pvp? I'm already pretty good at that"

haha your funny

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA January 12, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

One team does not start with more resources than the other, and it's not anywhere against the rules.  Therefore, it seems like a legit tactic to me.

If you don't like it, there are other Nebula servers with other rots with other maps.

Sorry to sound rude, but it is not against the rules.

Numberz_ January 12, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

One team does not start with more resources than the other, and it's not anywhere against the rules.  Therefore, it seems like a legit tactic to me.

If you don't like it, there are other Nebula servers with other rots with other maps.

Sorry to sound rude, but it is not against the rules.
---Off topic---
Is there anywhere I could get a download on Quintus? I'd like to try something with it.

@OP Yeah this map is just for kill farming and you have to be good at that. I would like to see a few changes in front of the spawn making less area so diamond guys could get knocked off easier.

JKawesome January 12, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

---Off topic---
Is there anywhere I could get a download on Quintus? I'd like to try something with it.

@OP Yeah this map is just for kill farming and you have to be good at that. I would like to see a few changes in front of the spawn making less area so diamond guys could get knocked off easier.
*cough* WorldDownloader *cough*
But seriously, I don't think you can get a copy of the map anywhere legit.

RightSide January 12, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

I agree however the thing what I play or any other players do is when they get diamond armor they go and kill farm .Then when they die we go rushing to get monuments.

For example yesterday I was kill farming (not successful) I got 33 kills not bad then I died . I then started rushing and got 3 monuments in 3:46 minutes (Timed)!

RightSide January 12, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

There are a lot of ways to avoid killfarms, which involve sneaking and stuff. It just takes practice.
Yes there is !

Sunaye January 12, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

I have a solution bring some TNT into Quintus (;

kycrafft January 12, 2015 at 7:01 AM UTC

Strength potions too?

JKawesome January 12, 2015 at 7:01 AM UTC

I agree however the thing what I play or any other players do is when they get diamond armor they go and kill farm .Then when they die we go rushing to get monuments.

For example yesterday I was kill farming (not successful) I got 33 kills not bad then I died . I then started rushing and got 3 monuments in 3:46 minutes (Timed)!
What if the player is OP like Emerald or Sunny, and simply doesn't die?
Also, what did you mean on your other post?

_Lowkigh January 12, 2015 at 7:01 AM UTC

Strength potions too?
That could backfire... Just imagine a wave of diamond people with strength pots :o

@OP As others have said you could simply just avoid them. It can be tricky at times, but with the opposing team kill farming there is usually no defence that will prevent you from breaking a monument, unless you fall into the void... .-.

lactify January 12, 2015 at 7:01 AM UTC

Lol I have been in a few Quintus kfs. Just sky bridge up, works for me.

DaFrozenBlaze January 12, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

I avoid them going along the walls, not hard

OPTOBAT January 12, 2015 at 11:01 AM UTC

I know exactly what you mean canuck_pro, it used to be all about strategy and desperately trying to defend when you're losing 4 - 0, or digging to the back and stealthily creeping toward the back monument, and now its this evolved landscape for impenetrable, importable, non killable kill farmers..
its lost its touch :(

Iron January 12, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

It really depends.... Mostly on the amount/aggressiveness of the killfarmers. Generally I feel kill-farming should not be allowed, but seeing that most staff do kill farm it will never become a rule. However, this topic has been debated so much but to no avail..

I've said this many times and still believe it:

"Some of you guys look at these players being kill farmed, as if they are all experienced and know how too play like "gods." Think about it like this, if your first match on Avicus was essentially trying to figure out how to get out of your spawn, would you want to play more? Why not go and find a server where you can actually play the intended gamemode. How would new players know what too do if they were being overwhelmed by un-killable players. If it was your first or second game would you not need a proper match where you get a monument, good defense, or even just kills by playing the OBJECTIVE, as apposed too a one sided kill fest."

On the other note: Why not lower the Diamonds to 2 sets a side."

OPTOBAT January 12, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

It really depends.... Mostly on the amount/aggressiveness of the killfarmers. Generally I feel kill-farming should not be allowed, but seeing that most staff do kill farm it will never become a rule. However, this topic has been debated so much but to no avail..

I've said this many times and still believe it:

"Some of you guys look at these players being kill farmed, as if they are all experienced and know how too play like "gods." Think about it like this, if your first match on Avicus was essentially trying to figure out how to get out of your spawn, would you want to play more? Why not go and find a server where you can actually play the intended gamemode. How would new players know what too do if they were being overwhelmed by un-killable players. If it was your first or second game would you not need a proper match where you get a monument, good defense, or even just kills by playing the OBJECTIVE, as apposed too a one sided kill fest."

On the other note: Why not lower the Diamonds to 2 sets a side."

+1

Doppelganger_ January 12, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

Frankly map should be gone. It really hasn't aged well and I think we should stop living in past glories and look at the for what is currently.

Robin_DD_J January 12, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

1 more post about this? Oboy dis is gonna be fun...

Splades January 12, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

Lets just create more threads like this shall we!

D00ZiE January 12, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

Just go around the people kill farming or join another nebula match... 

I don't see why people have to get all butthurt over something that can be easily avoided.

Stimulating January 12, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

Just go around the people kill farming or join another nebula match... 

I don't see why people have to get all butthurt over something that can be easily avoided.
^^^^^^^^There's a tons of ways to get by kfs. 

@canuck pretty good at PvP? OK, sure. When do you want to 1v1? 
                  There's tons of players ik that will make you eat those                       words if they saw you saying that.

kycrafft January 12, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

That could backfire... Just imagine a wave of diamond people with strength pots :o

@OP As others have said you could simply just avoid them. It can be tricky at times, but with the opposing team kill farming there is usually no defence that will prevent you from breaking a monument, unless you fall into the void... .-.
That was a joke...

BoldAndBrash January 12, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

How do we report killfarmers when half the staff team does it? they'll just say "its killfarming" and continue..

Killfarmers don't really think about how the team being killfarmed feels. When i killfarm, i usually just go into a hole where the other team has the CHOICE to attack me.

bye

Trexychan January 12, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

There's no problem with it, b/c you have free liberty to leave.

The killfarmers have no one to blame for your leave, they're just there to get kills.

Like many, in Quintus I prefer to go down into the ground, giving people the choice of attacking me. I ain't taking the blame for making em rage, they just stupidly went down thinking they could 1v1 a diamond dude. :P

I probably sound stupid defending this but it's true, sometimes people don't think these days.

AFLTackler January 12, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

When in doubt blow shiz up.

AtditC January 12, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

+1
next time I won't killfarm on my allts :P

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA January 12, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

How do we report killfarmers when half the staff team does it? they'll just say "its killfarming" and continue..

Killfarmers don't really think about how the team being killfarmed feels. When i killfarm, i usually just go into a hole where the other team has the CHOICE to attack me.

bye
There's other rotations with other maps, as stated previously.

D00ZiE January 12, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

bye
You can report staff if they're actually breaking the rules, but you can't report anybody for kill farming because it's not against the rules. You can report people for spawnkilling though.

BoldAndBrash January 12, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

There's other rotations with other maps, as stated previously.
But the thing is I want to play quintus. I know there are other rots, but only a few have Quintus. This is just what I think.

Robin_DD_J January 12, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

bye
Do something about it then..

If I get killfarmed I dig under the map, gets iron and then blockhit the dias out of the world.

Easy.

BoldAndBrash January 12, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

Do something about it then..

If I get killfarmed I dig under the map, gets iron and then blockhit the dias out of the world.

Easy.
Yes, because everyone is as good as you. I am awful at pvp so it makes it quite hard :)

JKawesome January 12, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

Yes, because everyone is as good as you. I am awful at pvp so it makes it quite hard :)
Or just dig under the map, get iron, and rush?

Stimulating January 12, 2015 at 6:01 PM UTC

You're better than u give yourself credit for. And when in doubt, blockhit it out (Avi kb abuse ftw).

BoldAndBrash January 12, 2015 at 6:01 PM UTC

You're better than u give yourself credit for. And when in doubt, blockhit it out (Avi kb abuse ftw).
LOL XD

Notalgicular January 12, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

"get good at what, pvp? I'm already pretty good at that"

haha your funny
Instead of being rude, contribute to the topic.

MLGtino January 12, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

In my opinion, kill farming and spawn killing are two different things. Kill farming you can get by. Spawn killing is when they won't let you by. If you go around the sides and they leave you alone, that's fine. If they don't let you by, that's technically spawn killing. Spawn killing is punishable. Therefore, you have the power to use the report command or record (I've already given examples before using vladrhegreat's video) the spawn killers.

someone's probably already been through this, but I'm not reading the 5 pages of this thread.

Zintenka January 12, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

Y'know, its selfish comments like this that really turn me off.

Ok, you talk about "Getting good" but what about new players to the server or new players to minecraft as a whole.

What about them? They can't learn to get good when all they're learning is how to get farmed like cattle for kills?

Rainstruck January 12, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

I do like Quintus a lot!! I still love this map its just a little bit outdated, so if they made a Quintus 2.0 I would be all for that!!

JKawesome January 12, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

I do like Quintus a lot!! I still love this map its just a little bit outdated, so if they made a Quintus 2.0 I would be all for that!!
Well, contacting G_Skippy is near impossible now.

vladthegreat100 January 12, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

100% agreeing with you, I have made a video of kill farming and how it is, no one seems to care unless the negative side hits hard. Best to leave it how it is and wait for the predictable to happen and help build the server back up into a new and better server.

Rainstruck January 12, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

Well, contacting G_Skippy is near impossible now.
yeah that is what I have heard as well!

PieZ January 12, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

If you look at the map, if one team pushes harder than the other then they will start kill farming. I do not mind killfarming but I do mind kill farming on that map. There is no real area for players to get around kill farming which for good gameplay there should. To all the people who want to say "But there should be a way to stop them if they are good enough." There isn't. Unless the other team actually is respectful and pulls back to the main castle area than there is a chance but lets face it, we play minecraft. The iron location is too far from the spawn and so it is easy to kill farm with just diamond. It is a bad map.

Tarheelkiwi January 12, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

RIP Quintus

Stimulating January 12, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

LOL XD
"Im the worst PvPer on Avi"  Trust me I've seen way worse.

Stimulating January 12, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

Y'know, its selfish comments like this that really turn me off.

Ok, you talk about "Getting good" but what about new players to the server or new players to minecraft as a whole.

What about them? They can't learn to get good when all they're learning is how to get farmed like cattle for kills?
That's not selfish tbh, he's a rusher mainly and it's true. It's actually quite easy to avoid killfarms and there are plenty of ways around it. You can leave the game if you're being kf'd as well. I fail to see how stating the truth is selfish. 

When I'm being killfarmed I just rush. As soon as you're by the killfarmers it's easy monuments from there. As long as you don't fall it's easy to end the game because everyone is up there. I'm not the greatest rusher out there, but It's an easy ending from there. You're also likely get past them again, even if you die or fall off.

Y0urm0m1 January 13, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

ehh killfarming is a legit tactic. It should not be banned. However, if the people kill farming are spawn killing, thats when it should be illegal.

BourbonBonobo January 13, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

@Zinteka, thanks for giving another view on why this is so important. (we don't want to loose new players because of this)
@Snow <3 ya m8

I did not expect this many replies, thanks!

BourbonBonobo January 13, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

+1