Avicus Archive

EULA Change: Experience/Leveling/Prestiging by _Gill August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

Hey everyone! Sorry we are a little behind on the EULA changes. We are working on them as quickly as possible. A more "official" update will be posted soon enough.

For now, I have one major question to ask all of you players:
Would you like for there to still be leveling?
As of now, prestiging is purely cosmetic, and I would like for it to stay that way. This would allow donors to continue having their same perks. The only major difference would be the fact that leveling up wouldn't give you the opportunity to get kits (therefore leveling up faster is purely cosmetic). We would also add more prestiges, along with more stars and other symbols to show off. 
Also, this would allow everyone to keep their current level that they worked hard to get. There would be no resetting levels, which is my ultimate goal seeing that people have put hours upon hours into getting their prestige 5.

Comment below whether you would like to keep leveling, or whether you would like for it to be tossed. Your opinions do count! So please be specific on what you want!

Thanks, 
Max

Shoto_ August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

Keep it
EDIT: (Be specific)
Maybe kits for all, and maybe donators could change what symbol they want for prestiges, like /symbol and words show up, like heart, smile, star.

/symbol heart
HoboMaddy♥: Hello

/symbol smile
HoboMaddy☺: Hello

/symbol star
HoboMaddy*: Hello

Ogrey August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

Keep it! Love the idea of having more stars and more symbols :)

BoldAndBrash August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

Love.

Mooch24 August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

I'd recommend having kits be rewarded from a set number of kills.

Add 5 more prestiges at least. Keep the donor boosts.
The whole prestiging thing is pretty unique so definitely keep it around.

Just my 2 cents :P

Epicraft321 August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

OMG what maddy said+1. I would just keep something that is meaningful to me. Since I'm prestige 1 I could have like a purple face next to my name

Phobiaxx August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

keep the leveling.. but let donors customize

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

+1 on keeping the leveling.

Emmaye August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

keep the leveling/prestige stars/boosts

BoldAndBrash August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

Donors should be able to choose a total of 50 symbols. Normal players will get to use 5 as a lil preview =3

Colecrc August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

I think If you prestige you should get a reward like Pets etc. So keep prestiges :)

FrostedCupcakez August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

Keep the levels! I agree with Maddy and everyone else about letting donators change symbol for prestige :)!

chaibrit1 August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

Keep the leveling and I think the idea that Maddy sugested seems pretty cool and so the symbol you have would be the color prestige you're on :).

Two_Become_One August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

I would like to be-able to keep leveling and see more prestige's 
symbols may be sweet as well and maybe ./nick added.

_Gill August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

Im liking all of the feedback in such short of an amount of time! Thank you! All of your ideas are being brought to the staff's attention.

@Dylan- Im gonna shoot you down early on this one. /Nick won't be added because A) It'll take 72 hours to code. B) It will be extremely easy to abuse.

Epicraft321 August 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

Use the mcsg /nick it takes 2 random names and 2 random numbers.

MasterProX August 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

Keep the leveling, of course; that's actually one of the things that keeps me coming back to the server. "I'll quit for the day after I level up once more in Nebula..."

And, even though I'm only a nominal first prestige, I'd love to see more added... preferably at least five more, as many players have been suggesting, bringing the total number to ten. Having a customizable prestige symbol seems like a pretty neat idea as well — you should definitely put that into consideration.

AtditC August 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

Epicraft321 August 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

Why. Btw I just noticed the ? On your face!

goldenwalrus909 August 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

This seems awesome and very fair! I love it! :D
Thank you for addressing our concerns!

Epicraft321 August 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

I was getting worried about the Eula

QFrog August 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

Keep it.

Snowcone202 August 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

Keep it.

puffytrn5751 August 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

I think you should keep it because 'Prestige' is my goal on nebula. :D

Murphh August 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

+1 Maddy's idea
Keep leveling!

_Phyre August 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

Hmm, Maybe to make this server stand out, Just leveling up (Like mooch said) Get at least 25 kills in a game and get awarded a 5 durability Diamond sword, with enchant such as sharpness 5... 50 kills etc.

Killstreaks! : Maybe a certain kill streak, for example, 10 kills = Potion effect Regeneration 4-5 etc. or 15 kill streak = Strength 2 for 1 minute... But its totally up to the Users to vote on and the staff if they want this :P. Good luck on EULA!

MLG_Jirafa August 3, 2014 at 4:08 AM UTC

Keep it with the maddy's idea

build_high August 3, 2014 at 5:08 AM UTC

Donors should be able to choose a total of 50 symbols. Normal players will get to use 5 as a lil preview =3
That's wayyy too many symbols, donors should get 3 and non-donor should stick with tha star

cinammoncroc000 August 3, 2014 at 5:08 AM UTC

Keep everything! :D

TotallyTotle August 3, 2014 at 7:08 AM UTC

Remove it I recken

Hola August 3, 2014 at 7:08 AM UTC

Keep it. And while you're switching stuff you might as well remove the broken ncp ;)

Zeusy August 3, 2014 at 8:08 AM UTC

Keep the levelling. 
However more prestiges and symbols sound great!
This sounds like an exciting update which many players will love.

ImRaging August 3, 2014 at 9:08 AM UTC

Definitely keep the leveling. Maybe, prestiges 1-5 are stars, prestiges 6-10 are another symbol, and 10-15 are another, and so on!

ImRaging August 3, 2014 at 9:08 AM UTC

Im liking all of the feedback in such short of an amount of time! Thank you! All of your ideas are being brought to the staff's attention.

@Dylan- Im gonna shoot you down early on this one. /Nick won't be added because A) It'll take 72 hours to code. B) It will be extremely easy to abuse.
Do what MCSG does, theirs hasn't been abused yet, and never will. Make this only for Donors. Basically what epicraft said.

Iron August 3, 2014 at 9:08 AM UTC

Keep the leveling! I would love too see more prestiges because it would add more fun. I was thinking whether you guys could consider being able to choose your prestige color after the last one

ImRaging August 3, 2014 at 10:08 AM UTC

I also think retired mods should get a special rank, only for them. It could even stay 'Retired' but at least a colour or something to make them stand out.

RCMP_Mountie August 3, 2014 at 10:08 AM UTC

I also think retired mods should get a special rank, only for them. It could even stay 'Retired' but at least a colour or something to make them stand out.
Maybe a "Pensioner" rank?

A little off topic but...could you re-add /stats or make it work (or whatever is wrong with it) Because it is a real pain opening up the internet and looking at my stats page every time I want to see how many kills I have etc.

sfkwww August 3, 2014 at 10:08 AM UTC

Keep the leveling, but make sure monuments give the same amount of exp and points as it did before, because right now you only get 1 point.

Maybe a "Pensioner" rank?
haha yes that would be funny: Pensioner/OAP
XD

what colour though???

Notalgicular August 3, 2014 at 10:08 AM UTC

Do what MCSG does, theirs hasn't been abused yet, and never will. Make this only for Donors. Basically what epicraft said.
That will take even more than 72 hours to code..

haha yes that would be funny: Pensioner/OAP
XD

what colour though???
xD

Adding to your reply, fix the broken /stats please. It even says you can use /stats in the Avicus guide book thing in the Hub, yet it doesn't work :(

That will take even more than 72 hours to code..
I guess...but surely there's /nick in the essentials plugin, so could you take it out of that or allow that and have like a permission firewall from the other commands? Will that still take 72 hours to code?

Keep the leveling since I need a goal in life for Nebula.

ViolentBoo August 3, 2014 at 11:08 AM UTC

REMOVE LEVELING

RCMP_Mountie August 3, 2014 at 11:08 AM UTC

REMOVE LEVELING
Why? ;-;

i cri

TheMasterClock August 3, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Keep the leveling. :-)
Also +1 for Maddy's idea.

Polar_Express August 3, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

+1 for keeping

JandJSecurity August 3, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Would u have to revome the lvl requirements on the neb shop because donators lvl up faster getting the stuff faster

OPTOBAT August 3, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Keep it man! 
Like you said, some people have lured in ALL their available hours to get the the prestige or level they are at, myself included.
I say keep it.

_Gill August 3, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

Would u have to revome the lvl requirements on the neb shop because donators lvl up faster getting the stuff faster
Yes, the nebula shop leveling system would be removed.

To everyone else, please stay on topic. /Nick will NOT be added, no need to try to convince me to add it. This topic is only about leveling and prestiging.

Numberz_ August 3, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

So the Xp boost stays?
+1 to keep the prestiges.

Glitchaye August 3, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

We would also add more prestiges, along with more stars and other symbols to show off. 
We would also add more prestiges,
more prestiges
Yes gill please, More prestiges would be lovely. And the fact that levelling wouldnt unlock kits is fine to me, but another system would be put in-place that most likely would work just fine.

goldenwalrus909 August 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM UTC

Why don't we just take away the donor XP boost and make kits unlockable at a certain level again? There are lots of cool things donors could get besides that, too. 
I'm just pretty worried about not unlocking kits at a certain level.. You won't have that amazing rush of unlocking that one kit with TNT in it or have the motivation to play more to get the next fun kit. I understand that cosmetics can be fun, but taking away the leveling needed to get kits is, well.. not fun. 
I know I'm just one thought out of tons of people, but please think about it first :c

_Gill August 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM UTC

Why don't we just take away the donor XP boost and make kits unlockable at a certain level again? There are lots of cool things donors could get besides that, too. 
I'm just pretty worried about not unlocking kits at a certain level.. You won't have that amazing rush of unlocking that one kit with TNT in it or have the motivation to play more to get the next fun kit. I understand that cosmetics can be fun, but taking away the leveling needed to get kits is, well.. not fun. 
I know I'm just one thought out of tons of people, but please think about it first :c
Not all kits will be available all of the time. Don't worry about that.

If we were to take away the donor bonus, then we would most likely reset levels completely because donors used their increase leveling to prestige quicker. We have an alternate system of unlocking kits being made.

ProfessorUtonium August 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM UTC

Keep! I don't want 3 months of getting to prestige 3 go to waste D:<

_BillGates August 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM UTC

People should get Kits based on their number of Kills in {gamemode}

Not all kits will be available all of the time. Don't worry about that.

If we were to take away the donor bonus, then we would most likely reset levels completely because donors used their increase leveling to prestige quicker. We have an alternate system of unlocking kits being made.
Ok, wonderful. This all sounds really awesome to me, thank you for responding (:

People should get Kits based on their number of Kills in {gamemode}
I was just thinking that.. xD
+1

zero9178 August 3, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Keep it. I like the idea being fully cosmetic

MENGA August 3, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

What RomanTrident said, keep leveling but the sybols changing for premiums!

MidnightBeats August 3, 2014 at 11:08 PM UTC

+1

Yung_Metro August 4, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

+1 to keep leveling and more prestige bars. I liek showin off ma red star

DonaldMyTrump August 4, 2014 at 7:08 AM UTC

Personally I say complete level and prestige reset not just cosmetic.
Ik some older players may want to keep their prestige and such but I can only speak for myself but they can speak for themselves.