Avicus Archive

Disgusting Bias in Staff Conduct by _Gill May 8, 2017 at 4:05 PM UTC

For a long time, I have been the oldest semi-active member of this server. I have been a member of this community for well over five years. Unfortunately, I am not active on the server itself due to time constraints from my studies. Luckily though, I care enough about this server to stay active on the forums and discord. I have loved to see this server prosper in the past, and I still try to do whatever I can to make this server a better place for players. 

When I was Admin, there was no bullshit. My policies were made so that favortism was abolished. I never made a decision based on my opinions or feelings; I only used the rules provided for everything. This ideology may sound cold, but it worked. It proved that the staff team didn't show bias or favortism towards players for any reason. And, if someone was caught giving players preferential treatement, bending the rules, or (in other words) being a terrible staff member: they were instantly demoted.

I understand that with changing Senior Staff, polcies change. But, there is NO REASON for favoritsm to be shown in ANY WAY. Recently, I was told that a player was cheating during a tournament. I was around when the first tournament came on the Avicus Network. I was the original "Community Manager." I wrote the first set of rules that were used. And in any scenario, a player caught cheating would result in an instant permenant ban and a disqualification of the team. Seems fair, doesn't it?

What excuses can the current staff provide for letting hackers win the tournament? There isn't one.  There is no justification for rewarding cheating. Yet, somehow favortism got in the way of justice and let the cheaters win. The Officials say its more complicated than what we know... How so? It seems pretty simple to me: A player cheated- according to The Rules the team should have been disqualified- but they weren't- and they won the tournament (which included my money). 

In my opinion, the "Officials" need to be discplined for this. Not only should they be demoted (I know some stepped down, but they shouldn't be allowed to "retire"), but I think that this clear breach in protocol calls for a temp-ban. Disgusting behavior needs to be punished, and letting people off with a warning only promotes bias and shitty staff conduct. In a more outward approach, who on the Senior team is responsible for overlooking the Officials? If there was no one, that should be fixed immidiately so that idiodic mistakes like this don't happen again. I don't know how competant Admins/Seniors could let something this atrocious happen.

Some of you may be asking "Why do you care? You weren't in the tournament. So what did you lose?" First off, I care about this server. And anyone who cares about it shouldn't allow cheaters to win or the staff team to be biased/trash. Secondly, I generously donated $20 dollars to this tournament. I saw the opportunity to be generous and hopefully help Avicus grow. But, my money ended up in the hands of cheaters because the staff in charge are biased idiots who don't deserve to be on this server. I want my money back, or I at least want it to go to someone that deserves it.

I wontder what else people have gotten away with since I've been gone. I feel sorry for the community that has to live with this constant shit. Best of luck to everyone.

And please, leave your opinions below. I wasn't there when this autrocity happened. I only know the most basic facts.

If you read this, thank you for listening to my opinions and logic,
Max

Tazz May 8, 2017 at 4:05 PM UTC

In my opinion, the "Officials" need to be discplined for this
Not all officials 'fucked up' 

I don't know how competant Admins/Seniors could let something this atrocious happen.
One admin was fully aware of the situation the whole time, letting it happen. Will post more on this later.

because the staff in charge are biased idiots who don't deserve to be on this server
How are we biased to puredogs? If it's Horizon or Allah, then sure, but PureDogs? No bias was involved in the decision, noone has a real relation with PureDogs.

_Gill May 8, 2017 at 4:05 PM UTC

In my opinion, the "Officials" need to be discplined for this
Not all officials 'fucked up' 

I don't know how competant Admins/Seniors could let something this atrocious happen.
One admin was fully aware of the situation the whole time, letting it happen. Will post more on this later.

because the staff in charge are biased idiots who don't deserve to be on this server
How are we biased to puredogs? If it's Horizon or Allah, then sure, but PureDogs? No bias was involved in the decision, noone has a real relation with PureDogs.
1. I am sorry if it wasn't all officials. I don't know exactly how this happened. I only meant to talk about those that went against policy.

2. Wow. That is ridiculous.

3. Well the official team decided to go against protocol for one specific team. You favored them over the rules. That is the definition of bias.

ImTheRealBakugo May 8, 2017 at 4:05 PM UTC

First of all, it was your problem if you donated money.
Second, where is the negative behaviour? I don't see it anywhere, they just have taken some decisions which community criticized and didn't like.
Third, why a temp-ban? There isn't any reason for banning officials because the vote was a decision of em, which doesn't involve the community. If they think that they have made a big mistake they can retire like PieZ and Cyclops have done.
Fourth, as anybody can see in this post, you put yourself if like you were the best that happened to Avicus and when you left, this server has become shit. Then come here to solve it, and don't blame other people when you are just in your house studying and doing other stuff. Many staff from here (including myself) is studying and have a lot of things better to do than playing this game to get blamed for every mistake they can make. We are humans, not robots and we can take bad decisions sometimes, but you can't blame everyone​ just because it affects directly to you.
Fifth, were is the favouritism? I don't see it anywhere, they just take a decision and things have gone like that. PureDogs wins and they get the money. I have never seen during the tourney any official helping a specific team to make them winners. So don't talk about things you do not even know.
Have a nice day
Henry

_Gill May 8, 2017 at 4:05 PM UTC

Second, where is the negative behaviour? I don't see it anywhere, they just have taken some decisions which community criticized and didn't like.
Third, why a temp-ban? There isn't any reason for banning officials because the vote was a decision of em, which doesn't involve the community. If they think that they have made a big mistake they can retire like PieZ and Cyclops have done.
Fourth, as anybody can see in this post, you put yourself if like you were the best that happened to Avicus and when you left, this server has become shit. Then come here to solve it, and don't blame other people when you are just in your house studying and doing other stuff. Many staff from here (including myself) is studying and have a lot of things better to do than playing this game to get blamed for every mistake they can make. We are humans, not robots and we can take bad decisions sometimes, but you can't blame everyone​ just because it affects directly to you.
Fifth, were is the favouritism? I don't see it anywhere, they just take a decision and things have gone like that. PureDogs wins and they get the money. I have never seen during the tourney any official helping a specific team to make them winners. So don't talk about things you do not even know.
Have a nice day
Henry
1. Then I'll stop donating. Thank you Mr. Referee for showing that donors aren't appreciated.
2. They went against their policies. Which in and of itself is misconduct. Making an exception for a team that cheated isn't exactly a good way to break policy.
3. Then it will show that staff can break their rules, let cheaters get away with stuff, and face no punishment.
4. I was not the best thing to happen to Avicus. Not by a long shot. It was in decline when I left. I'm pointing out the inconsistencies. Since I have left, there have been a few things that just don't make sense to me. So I either try to learn the full story or point out the problems. I understand that staff make mistakes, I was a Moderator at one point too. But I paid for my mistakes and took responsibility. 
5. The favortism is in the fact that the team clearly should have been disqualified, but wasn't. The officials are making a post about the reasoning behind their decision soon.

Padlet May 8, 2017 at 4:05 PM UTC

Seeing the way the officials and referees are responding to this goes to show how correct gill is about it all

Zegita May 8, 2017 at 4:05 PM UTC

yeah it is ironic how the rules got ignored. poor management by some officials

profbananaslug May 8, 2017 at 4:05 PM UTC

the only way we can save avicus is by listening to our boys gill and cord

Eteh May 8, 2017 at 5:05 PM UTC

Have a nice day
Henry
how are you even referee lol

"First of all, it was your problem if you donated money."

dev_revs May 8, 2017 at 5:05 PM UTC

Funny enough the main problem was Kyoal, haven't heard him say a word on the situation. Sitting on his throne gigging at all of us who lost to cheaters,thanks to him.

Tropeca May 8, 2017 at 6:05 PM UTC

officia"L"

Mintace May 8, 2017 at 6:05 PM UTC

*avicus*

TooSweetSki May 8, 2017 at 6:05 PM UTC

Have a nice day
Henry
"First of all, it was your problem if you donated money."

What a terrible thing to say.
You represent the staff team, you can't say that to people.

ArmamentHaki May 8, 2017 at 6:05 PM UTC

I often feel like some staff members are trying to look away from people hacking, because they know and like them. There are many active players who are hacking, but not as obvious as others. As a player, you sometimes see it, like when you walk behind someone and he doesnt know and accidently toggles his killaura onto you etc. But even if they are reported, they aren't always banned. What I am trying to say is that there were many other players hacking, but not being catched.

Ny_ May 8, 2017 at 6:05 PM UTC

What's poppin'

ImTheRealBakugo May 8, 2017 at 7:05 PM UTC

Eteh and TooSweetSki am I lying? He is blaming everyone because PureDogs won and he gave his money to cheaters. So what can we say, everything was officials fault? Obviously not, they have been dealing with manny problems on t5 and everyone was attacking´em.
Sometimes the truth hurts but is the truth. What can I say, my phrase offended some people? Well what can I do, it is what I think of the people who are coplaining because they donated money and it went to a team who won the tourney   which should be dq.
I´m not going to apologize for the thing I said, if someone feel offended is because it´s true what I´m saying. But if officials told me that I can´t say that I will delete it instantly.

Also Eteh, you know why am I a referee? Because I´m good at doing my job and people feel good when they are with me.

Junr May 8, 2017 at 7:05 PM UTC

Eteh and TooSweetSki am I lying? He is blaming everyone because PureDogs won and he gave his money to cheaters. So what can we say, everything was officials fault? Obviously not, they have been dealing with manny problems on t5 and everyone was attacking´em.
Sometimes the truth hurts but is the truth. What can I say, my phrase offended some people? Well what can I do, it is what I think of the people who are coplaining because they donated money and it went to a team who won the tourney   which should be dq.
I´m not going to apologize for the thing I said, if someone feel offended is because it´s true what I´m saying. But if officials told me that I can´t say that I will delete it instantly.

Also Eteh, you know why am I a referee? Because I´m good at doing my job and people feel good when they are with me.
Gill is mad that some of the Officials allowed Pure Dogs to win. If you see in Tazz's post, he explains everything on what happened. In the rules it explains that if a team has a player cheating, they will be disqualified, which obviously did not happen. He's even angrier that his money went to a team that cheated their way to victory.

ViceTechnicolour May 8, 2017 at 7:05 PM UTC

I don't appreciate your egotistical "fact" about how good you are. It is not in the slightest his fault, and he has a right to complain about how the money distributed. The prize pool this time around was a bust, but I would honestly blame the officials who let the rule be voided. Also, the officials individually can express their opinions, and some have already. This proves how divided the official team is, and how there was no "official" statement but rather each official is now displeased with each other. Some haven't even tried dealing with the "many problems", actually. One of them hasn't even made a public forum post in 28 days.

Also, you realize that refusing to apologize for such a harsh comment you made unless the officials tell you to doesn't look good on you, at best? I'd imagine you'd have some sort of moral compass before making an irrational decision to just let the officials take care of it so you can get your final word out about how it's someone's fault for donating?

Put yourself in his shoes. Would you like your money going to a tournament where (regarding the facts we have currently) one official decided who wins?

dev_revs May 8, 2017 at 7:05 PM UTC

you know why am I a referee? Because I´m good at doing my job and people feel good when they are with me.

statement is a full-on opinion, i disagree with it.

The problems the officials dealt with are their own fault, don't act like the community caused all these problems. If they had followed their own rules, this would have been all settled. The truth is tpuredogs should of been DQ and the official that caused this needs a punishment.

Myv May 8, 2017 at 7:05 PM UTC

lmao are you trying to stick up for the officials who made this decision?

zicuri May 8, 2017 at 7:05 PM UTC

Gill is mad that some of the Officials allowed Pure Dogs to win. If you see in Tazz's post, he explains everything on what happened. In the rules it explains that if a team has a player cheating, they will be disqualified, which obviously did not happen. He's even angrier that his money went to a team that cheated their way to victory.
how did they cheat their way to victory?

ImTheRealBakugo May 8, 2017 at 8:05 PM UTC

I don't appreciate your egotistical "fact" about how good you are. It is not in the slightest his fault, and he has a right to complain about how the money distributed. The prize pool this time around was a bust, but I would honestly blame the officials who let the rule be voided. Also, the officials individually can express their opinions, and some have already. This proves how divided the official team is, and how there was no "official" statement but rather each official is now displeased with each other. Some haven't even tried dealing with the "many problems", actually. One of them hasn't even made a public forum post in 28 days.

Also, you realize that refusing to apologize for such a harsh comment you made unless the officials tell you to doesn't look good on you, at best? I'd imagine you'd have some sort of moral compass before making an irrational decision to just let the officials take care of it so you can get your final word out about how it's someone's fault for donating?

Put yourself in his shoes. Would you like your money going to a tournament where (regarding the facts we have currently) one official decided who wins?
I don't see any harassment in my commentary. 
I will explain my moral. I think that I always have to say the truth, even if you like or not, obviously I will not insult anyone, I won't be rude with anyone and I won't disrespect anyone. 
I know the officials were divided but the rule says: Finding an autoclicking will be permanently banned and his team will be DQ. As I have talked with many referees and officials, the rule doesn't say where you have to catch him. He was banned because they found a program​ in his computer (for me that is not enough reason to ban) and they voted. Why the vote, because they weren't 100% sure that he had use it on the tourney (and now is going to come everyone who reported him to blame me) and the vote said: no DQ. 
What else I can say, Gill did a good thing helping with the tourney, but is his own problem if he is not agree with the result of the t5. You donated you have to deal with everything that could happen.
Also why am I being egoist whith the comment: I do a good job and people like it. I'm not lying I'm saying why I'm referee and why they took me as a referee.

ViceTechnicolour May 8, 2017 at 8:05 PM UTC

I will explain my moral. I think that I always have to say the truth, even if you like or not, obviously I will not insult anyone, I won't be rude with anyone and I won't disrespect anyone. 
I know the officials were divided but the rule says: Finding an autoclicking will be permanently banned and his team will be DQ. As I have talked with many referees and officials, the rule doesn't say where you have to catch him. He was banned because they found a program​ in his computer (for me that is not enough reason to ban) and they voted. Why the vote, because they weren't 100% sure that he had use it on the tourney (and now is going to come everyone who reported him to blame me) and the vote said: no DQ. 
What else I can say, Gill did a good thing helping with the tourney, but is his own problem if he is not agree with the result of the t5. You donated you have to deal with everything that could happen.
Also why am I being egoist whith the comment: I do a good job and people like it. I'm not lying I'm saying why I'm referee and why they took me as a referee.
Official's Word: >If you're caught with an autoclicker anywhere on your pc even if you're not using it you will be banned. https://avicus.net/forums/discussions/3047937a1
Your Word:  (for me that is not enough reason to ban)

Seems pretty clear to me. It's an open and shut case.

dev_revs May 8, 2017 at 8:05 PM UTC

you shouldn't have the program on your pc in the first place.

you shouldn't have the program on your pc in the first place.
Why not. I can have any program I like and don't use it. I can have 100 hacks. But if I don't use it there is not any problem.

Why not. I can have any program I like and don't use it. I can have 100 hacks. But if I don't use it there is not any problem.
You are fine until you get screenshared pal.

ytilauxesomoh May 8, 2017 at 8:05 PM UTC

lets focus on the real tragedy. how does some play AVICUS for 5 years

i feel bad for you bro

You are fine until you get screenshared pal.
Being screenshared doesn't mean anything if you don't have probs that confirm that he was hacking/autoclicking during the tourney. Screensharing is only to know if you have those programs and to be careful with that person. Not more.

Crazy_ May 8, 2017 at 8:05 PM UTC

I often feel like some staff members are trying to look away from people hacking, because they know and like them. There are many active players who are hacking, but not as obvious as others. As a player, you sometimes see it, like when you walk behind someone and he doesnt know and accidently toggles his killaura onto you etc. But even if they are reported, they aren't always banned. What I am trying to say is that there were many other players hacking, but not being catched.
Catching the hackers isn't always the easy part. It's more likely for a hacker to let his toggling slip when there are no staff online vs when there are. And even then, sometimes a 2 second clip isn't enough to actually ban anyone off of.

Being screenshared doesn't mean anything if you don't have probs that confirm that he was hacking/autoclicking during the tourney. Screensharing is only to know if you have those programs and to be careful with that person. Not more.
I'm not sure if you've read over the Conquest rule set anytime recently, but it says this. "If you're caught with an autoclicker anywhere on your pc even if you're not using it you will be banned."

I'm not sure if you've read over the Conquest rule set anytime recently, but it says this. "If you're caught with an autoclicker anywhere on your pc even if you're not using it you will be banned."
Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't​ know that, I didn't watch that rule. Then, forget what I said, I spoke without knowing.

Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't​ know that, I didn't watch that rule. Then, forget what I said, I spoke without knowing.
so you are a tournament ref and you didnt know the rules?

Do you have a problem with that? You are a media and you didn't stream every match and I'm not saying anything about that. So think before typing. I can forget anything, just be open minded, because I think you have your mind very close in some ideas. Also I'm not going to argue with you more.

Do you have a problem with that? You are a media and you didn't stream every match and I'm not saying anything about that. So think before typing. I can forget anything, just be open minded, because I think you have your mind very close in some ideas. Also I'm not going to argue with you more.
I think he might be trying to say that you might want to fact check things before you say them...you are a Ref and you represent part of these Avicus tournaments, as well as the staff team.

Also your comparison with dev doesn't quite work. If this was about who was more active / inactive I think it might make more sense. Comparing activity to what someone does or does not know is not the same thing

potatoarmor May 8, 2017 at 9:05 PM UTC

Someone get their mans (LythureIsBack)

i agree with Avigill tho which makes this on topic gg10 ¿ 

it is simple rules that you must follow, the constitution of avicus

Junr May 8, 2017 at 9:05 PM UTC

how did they cheat their way to victory?
By having a cheater on their team.

_Nathy May 8, 2017 at 9:05 PM UTC

Gill we pray for your return

Lythure - incoming staff warn soz bro

ViceTechnicolour May 8, 2017 at 10:05 PM UTC

The difference is, those are two entirely different obligations. You have part of your basis for the argument as an opinion that directly contradicts part of the ruleset, which you're supposed to enforce. You claimed you were a ref for a reason, yet you fail the obligation to understand the basic rules of the tournament itself. Therefore, by defending yourself, you state an activity issue against dev_revs for not streaming every match yet you felt the need to point it out, even though you just said you're not saying anything about that.

You don't need to call someone close-minded and remind people that you may have forgot something, because it's apparent you forgot and you personally are bringing up something against him that is to do nothing more than try to hurt his reputation as a media. You're not representing the staff team properly, and every post you make is not helping the situation. If you want to help the officials, then please talk with them first and see how you can clear up the situation rather than dig a hole further that makes the tournament look even worse by showing how poorly a referee can act.

OriginaI May 8, 2017 at 11:05 PM UTC

agree

TooSweetSki May 9, 2017 at 12:05 AM UTC

Why not?
Because it's against the tournament rules.

zicuri May 9, 2017 at 12:05 AM UTC

It wasn't a program lmao it was a file of a 7 month autoclicker, stop if they screenshared me I'm sure they would find one of those but hey I wasn't autoclicking

zicuri May 9, 2017 at 12:05 AM UTC

That guy played 2 maps didn't event make a great performance, how did he carry their victory in invitationals? Pointless opinions

JeTePardonne May 9, 2017 at 1:05 AM UTC

We can't changed what happened, what is done is done, but we can learn from all of this and improve for future tournaments and events. :=)

ytilauxesomoh May 9, 2017 at 1:05 AM UTC

You seem smart

BustyBista May 9, 2017 at 1:05 AM UTC

no being a fucking retard is a requirement for staff
Can you tell me what happened, I want to see your understanding of this topic.

profbananaslug May 9, 2017 at 1:05 AM UTC

Can you tell me what happened, I want to see your understanding of this topic.
what topic

BustyBista May 9, 2017 at 1:05 AM UTC

what topic
The whole Zaoki thing.

Juanooo May 9, 2017 at 2:05 AM UTC

What was I thinking when I decided to play here holy shit

_Gill May 9, 2017 at 3:05 AM UTC

i feel bad for you bro
More than 5 years *  

And I was one of the first people on the server. I haven't "played" Avicus for more than 5 hours(in total) in probably 3 years. I've just been a part of the community since Avicus was MC Zone, and since MC Zone was Terrascape.

smd

_Gill May 9, 2017 at 3:05 AM UTC

This may be archived, but I don't exactly care (Its all fact).

You are probably one of the worst staff members I have ever seen on this server. First, you basically told me I shouldn't donate to the server or server sponsored events (a stupid thing to say for a staff member). Second, your only job (as a ref) is to enforce the rules; you didn't even know them! 

Not to hurt your feelings, but you are a terrible representative. And I am shocked that you are still a staff member. Good luck keeping your rank.

Much luv <3,
Max

GrapeSmoothie May 9, 2017 at 4:05 AM UTC

Sucks that I missed everything.

ViceTechnicolour May 9, 2017 at 4:05 AM UTC

If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma before or after playing an Avicus tournament you may be entitled to financial compensation

GrapeSmoothie May 9, 2017 at 4:05 AM UTC

If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma before or after playing an Avicus tournament you may be entitled to financial compensation
I should be entitled to compensation after reading that.

ImTheRealBakugo May 9, 2017 at 5:05 AM UTC

This may be archived, but I don't exactly care (Its all fact).

You are probably one of the worst staff members I have ever seen on this server. First, you basically told me I shouldn't donate to the server or server sponsored events (a stupid thing to say for a staff member). Second, your only job (as a ref) is to enforce the rules; you didn't even know them! 

Not to hurt your feelings, but you are a terrible representative. And I am shocked that you are still a staff member. Good luck keeping your rank.

Much luv <3,
Max
Don't lie man. I told you that is your problem if you donate and your money goes to a "cheater" team. I never said that you have to stop donating and that donators don't receive support from Avicus. Can you see my diamond rank? I have donated 50$ to Avicus.
About the rules it was just 1 rule, you are so mind closed and I hope that you are not like that irl, just here because you are angry for your money going to a "cheater" team.
Luv <3,
Henry

Zintenka May 9, 2017 at 5:05 AM UTC

I may not have much ground to stand on because I've been inactive and just recently I've come on again.

But this seems like a common sense thing to me, a rule was broken - specifically hacking - yet some officials allowed the cheating team to win.

Now in this circumstance, these are obvious things to do:

- Strip the biased staff members' ranks and temporarily ban them. Perhaps perma since they abused something so important and big.

- Punish the cheaters and ban them FOREVER. No appeals. GONE.

- Temp-ban all team members who weren't cheating. By not immediately calling for a suspension and expulsion of the team member, you allowed this to happen. This is your fault as well.

- And leave the Officials who voted against the win alone.

And to the Referee who said that it's Gill's fault for donating, you are a very bad representation for the Tournament staff team and I honestly hope you get your rank stripped or suspended.

Your unapologetic behavior and your disrespectful response for something that is so obviously right shows that you might not be qualified for any staff member position. I will ignore the fact that you didn't know about that rule, everyone makes that mistake.

Perhaps in future, double and triple check the rules before making such a post. You've left a very bad impression on yourself.

And saying something that could potentially discourage players from donating to the server is probably not a very smart idea as well.

If I buy a phone charger that is expected to work but it doesn't... then I have a right to be furious. Wouldn't you be?

My final gripe is that I'm unable to give this topic a Like... or a thousand.

EDIT: 
I've read more into it and I have to disagree with not allowing the people who realized their mistake from retiring.

Owning up to the mistakes and bad decisions you made is part of the path to being even more human.

profbananaslug May 9, 2017 at 5:05 AM UTC

Don't lie man. I told you that is your problem if you donate and your money goes to a "cheater" team. I never said that you have to stop donating and that donators don't receive support from Avicus. Can you see my diamond rank? I have donated 50$ to Avicus.
About the rules it was just 1 rule, you are so mind closed and I hope that you are not like that irl, just here because you are angry for your money going to a "cheater" team.
Luv <3,
Henry
dear """"henry"""",
you should honestly just stop, every post you make just digs the hole deeper and makes the case for your demotion stronger. " it was just 1 rule" coming from the person who's supposed to enforce them is just... wow. how in the name of god did you ever get referee.

every day we stray further from god's light,
profbananaslug

Eteh May 9, 2017 at 6:05 AM UTC

What's the point giving feedback and points on how the staff team can improve in general? They have slacking Admins. I've been stressing on Admin work ever since I was a moderator but since then I don't see any improvement.

TooSweetSki May 9, 2017 at 7:05 AM UTC

What's the point giving feedback and points on how the staff team can improve in general? They have slacking Admins. I've been stressing on Admin work ever since I was a moderator but since then I don't see any improvement.
The constant inactivity and lack of dedication (in general, not just with these 3 current admins) hinders any signs of significant progress unfortunately.

Riilo May 9, 2017 at 7:05 AM UTC

The amount of threads, posts and discussions on this whole topic is ridiculous. The officials set many rules, many simple rules to follow, no rules that really should have been broken. We (the community) have received many comments from the officials about this scenario, but does it really add up? Cheating is one of the easiest rules to follow, yet this huge drama was created from it. This little topic should have been like every person who has cheated in the tournaments over the years, a simple ban, a simple disqualification, but why isn't it like this you may ask? To be honest I don't know, who even knows? Apparently they "weren't sure" but they still managed to ban him. Many people thought Zaoki cheated, that is why he was screen shared. After 2 and a half hours of screen sharing, they finally banned him but the team wasn't disqualified. Like most teams would, they defended Zaoki and said: "he didnt cheat!1!1!11!". I'm not sure why the conclusion was made of not disqualifying the team, and the fact that this tournament had money involved it honestly just a huge fucking scam. The fact that people donated money that was only to be given away to a team that broke a rule, but won bias over their side is crazy. I just don't understand why they weren't disqualified, why this got so far. I don't know anymore. Please get new officials, new medias that actually live stream. please just fix all of this shit.

Thanks

joelous May 9, 2017 at 8:05 AM UTC

_Gill

Simple answer: No structure.
Remember when you and Howsie were admin (and the start of my first promotion) there was actual business structure. THAT hierarchy was perfect, but now; moderators are making decisions for the admins, indirectly if anything. I laugh.

Riilo May 9, 2017 at 8:05 AM UTC

Luv <3,
Henry
"I told you that is your problem if you donate and your money goes to a "cheater" team. "
Explain to me how it is his fault he donated money and it went to a cheater team? That is not Gill's fault at all, it is the officials for letting the team play. "
" it was just 1 rule"
So you are saying just because something is classified as '1' then it isn't big at all? k...

BustyBista May 9, 2017 at 11:05 AM UTC

dear """"henry"""",
you should honestly just stop, every post you make just digs the hole deeper and makes the case for your demotion stronger. " it was just 1 rule" coming from the person who's supposed to enforce them is just... wow. how in the name of god did you ever get referee.

every day we stray further from god's light,
profbananaslug
Literally every post you make makes me think that you don't know what you're talking about.

Murphh May 9, 2017 at 2:05 PM UTC

Official's Word: >If you're caught with an autoclicker anywhere on your pc even if you're not using it you will be banned. https://avicus.net/forums/discussions/3047937a1
Your Word:  (for me that is not enough reason to ban)

Seems pretty clear to me. It's an open and shut case.
ViceTechnicolour said it best.

I don't know if this was a case of team bias or not, but...

what I do know is that rules were not followed that were clearly stated regarding Conquest Inc.
"If you're caught with an autoclicker anywhere on your pc even if you're not using it you will be banned".
Autoclicker

The team should be immediately disqualified. It's not too late or in the past.

There is absolutely no point in avicus hosting another tournament if they can't follow their own tournament rules.

ImRaging May 9, 2017 at 2:05 PM UTC

'He is blaming everyone because PureDogs won and he gave his money to cheaters. So what can we say, everything was officials fault? Obviously not'

well it kinda was

'
Finding an autoclicking will be permanently banned and his team will be DQ. As I have talked with many referees and officials, the rule doesn't say where you have to catch him.'  

I'm confused please explain what  you mean??????

OriginaI May 9, 2017 at 9:05 PM UTC

i feel bad for you bro
because it used to be good

RIP_Avicus May 9, 2017 at 10:05 PM UTC

If actual money was involved, that will probably be against US corruption law. No expert, but it makes sense....

profbananaslug May 10, 2017 at 12:05 AM UTC

Literally every post you make makes me think that you don't know what you're talking about.
literally every post you make is so vague i don't know what you're talking about
do you still think zaoki didn't have an autoclicker by any chance?

ytilauxesomoh May 10, 2017 at 1:05 AM UTC

literally every post you make is so vague i don't know what you're talking about
do you still think zaoki didn't have an autoclicker by any chance?
You had to commentate us winning LOL

profbananaslug May 10, 2017 at 2:05 AM UTC

You had to commentate us winning LOL
yes and i did so with no bias, no mentions of a certain someone being banned, and only implying briefly that the officials had gotten involved in a "snafu" of sorts

Xuph May 10, 2017 at 4:05 AM UTC

gREG;D

Eteh May 10, 2017 at 8:05 AM UTC

If actual money was involved, that will probably be against US corruption law. No expert, but it makes sense....
Oh yeah, I thought  keenanjt was so into US law to that extent where he made developers sign contracts to follow, shouldn't he worry about being involved in a corruption lawsuit then.

Or8 May 11, 2017 at 2:05 AM UTC

1. Then I'll stop donating. Thank you Mr. Referee for showing that donors aren't appreciated.
2. They went against their policies. Which in and of itself is misconduct. Making an exception for a team that cheated isn't exactly a good way to break policy.
3. Then it will show that staff can break their rules, let cheaters get away with stuff, and face no punishment.
4. I was not the best thing to happen to Avicus. Not by a long shot. It was in decline when I left. I'm pointing out the inconsistencies. Since I have left, there have been a few things that just don't make sense to me. So I either try to learn the full story or point out the problems. I understand that staff make mistakes, I was a Moderator at one point too. But I paid for my mistakes and took responsibility. 
5. The favortism is in the fact that the team clearly should have been disqualified, but wasn't. The officials are making a post about the reasoning behind their decision soon.
It's ok Lythure is just a random ref with a huge ego. Idk why people are even arguing about this, it was in the rules and it wasn't follow. It was a wrong doing and some 1 needs to be punished for it.

Or8 May 11, 2017 at 2:05 AM UTC

You're a staff member, fucking act like one.
Someone finally noticed lol

Myworld6 May 11, 2017 at 6:05 AM UTC

Could be worse, I could be mod again.

On-topic: Haven't really been keeping an eye on Avicus, but from what I can understand the officials knew a team was using a modded client but refused to DQ them allegedly due to the influence of a senior, enabling them to win the tournament. I shouldn't need to point out how stupid that is. While I'm at it, ImTheRealBakugo I'm glad that I'm no longer on the staff team. If I was, I'd probably be hitting my head against something hard at how you're representing the team.

Also, hi!

Posighdun May 11, 2017 at 6:05 AM UTC

Could be worse, I could be mod again.

On-topic: Haven't really been keeping an eye on Avicus, but from what I can understand the officials knew a team was using a modded client but refused to DQ them allegedly due to the influence of a senior, enabling them to win the tournament. I shouldn't need to point out how stupid that is. While I'm at it, ImTheRealBakugo I'm glad that I'm no longer on the staff team. If I was, I'd probably be hitting my head against something hard at how you're representing the team.

Also, hi!
+1 

Could certainly be worser

:) hi

Myworld6 May 11, 2017 at 6:05 AM UTC

+1 

Could certainly be worser

:) hi
Three words: Kim Jong Sessp.

Pls no network ban. <3

Pls no network ban. <3
https://avicus.net/forums/discussions/11bf84930

celebrating 1 year of a Free Democratic, Republic of Avicus

Pls no network ban. <3
also celebrating one year of memes :)

Xuph May 11, 2017 at 7:05 AM UTC

The only democracy made in this year was this vote on the dq which is retarded af so id rather have you stay dictator LOL

Myworld6 May 11, 2017 at 7:05 AM UTC

Praise you supreme leader! And with that I'm back into my box for another 4 months.

Posighdun May 11, 2017 at 7:05 AM UTC

The only democracy made in this year was this vote on the dq which is retarded af so id rather have you stay dictator LOL
It's a joke...
That's what North Korea calls themselves, The democratic republic of north korea...

Posighdun May 11, 2017 at 7:05 AM UTC

Praise you supreme leader! And with that I'm back into my box for another 4 months.
Good.

Myworld6 May 11, 2017 at 7:05 AM UTC

Good.
Love you babes! Now Mr Admin, stop taking this off-topic!

Xuph May 11, 2017 at 11:05 AM UTC

It's a joke...
That's what North Korea calls themselves, The democratic republic of north korea...
If you couldn't tell I was joking too

Posighdun May 11, 2017 at 11:05 AM UTC

If you couldn't tell I was joking too
It looks more stupid than a joke but sure. Lets get this back ontopic.

Posighdun May 11, 2017 at 10:05 PM UTC

Keep it on topic or I'm going to lock it.