Avicus Archive

How did you find Avicus or McZone? by GrapeSmoothie August 5, 2015 at 12:08 AM UTC

Title says it all. Did you find Avicus through someone's Youtube? Stream? A website? A Friend? Many people have played the server, but never say how they found it. I found McZone by googling cool Minecraft servers and the first thing that caught my eyes was McZone which was actually the first server I ever joined and I enjoyed it a lot. Eventually after several months it became Avicus and like many others out there (didn't recognize that it was still McZone but was just an update) left because they didn't know about the update. That's why I wasn't here for 7 months and finally decided to play again and found out that Avicus was McZone *facepalm*

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo......... How did you find the server?

Milki August 5, 2015 at 12:08 AM UTC

I don't even remember how.

Seriously, the earliest time I remember playing it was back in August when I was in China, and I was looking through the Minecraft servers I had and found this was in my list.

So I played it. And I had a damn good time.

So I played it again. And again.

But I still have no idea why it was originally in my list.

Storm997 August 5, 2015 at 12:08 AM UTC

Some of you may be surprised by how old this makes me server-wise, but I came with Haribo98/ParaPenguin.  I was a staff on his old server, and when he made nebula for this network, I came with him, along with Phoenix and Bumblebeetle.  Of the four of us, I am the only one that remains.  Through my connection to Haribo, I was a moderator before I even got on the server.  It's interesting to think of how he brought here, where I stayed, while everyone else moved on.

steven5703 August 5, 2015 at 12:08 AM UTC

I came here around April 2013 during mczone. I think I saw the server at the top 10 on a server list, and it was like "walls" so I joined. Played it for a while, then near the end of mczone (~1 month) I stopped playing, and came back to avicus later. Been playing ever since (except when I got banned on teamspeak and went rip for like 5 months)

Emmaye August 5, 2015 at 12:08 AM UTC

January 6, 2013; I was looking for a walls server to play on, back when it was popular at the time. I found Mczone on a minecraft server list online shortly after.

vladthegreat100 August 5, 2015 at 12:08 AM UTC

Porky showed me. Was such a noob at PvP, and actually knowing how to play avicus. Took a week to actually figure out the objective of the game xd.

Happily it grew me into finding new friends that we have today, and old ones that are no longer here and to know how to properly PvP. Because before I was a person who would play on mineplex. And not to win easy games xD, I was the one who would be gg 10ed.
Not anymore ^_^

Glitchaye August 5, 2015 at 1:08 AM UTC

Wanted to record SG, found mczone, played nebula, killfarmed on quintus and rapture v2, called g_skippy a faggot, got kicked then left

Cynthesis August 5, 2015 at 1:08 AM UTC

I have an IRL friend on the server. He never plays, but he introduced me to it when I was at his house; first server that left a lasting impression.

Numberz August 5, 2015 at 1:08 AM UTC

I didn't find McZone, it found me.

StickilasFanboy August 5, 2015 at 2:08 AM UTC

was watching mcfinest's walls's videos and then in the desc someone said the in was wallsmc.com and BAMM (2 OR MORE YEARS STRONG)

Creanetor August 5, 2015 at 2:08 AM UTC

I just wanna play original Sky Wars but suddenly i found a really good however i was in wrong server and pretty much fun. That was in 3 years ago/

Upsoar August 5, 2015 at 2:08 AM UTC

A noob named lil_greg15 showed me

Jahaj August 5, 2015 at 2:08 AM UTC

Sometime in April of last year my friend showed it to me. (Then got banned for hacking a day later.) xD

katiscoool August 5, 2015 at 2:08 AM UTC

bpirr showed me.

Newcleus August 5, 2015 at 2:08 AM UTC

merlinfagster

imurs August 5, 2015 at 2:08 AM UTC

I misspelled skywars.com as skywars.co

PokerFace August 5, 2015 at 3:08 AM UTC

Looked for Walls on a server list.

Petlas August 5, 2015 at 4:08 AM UTC

Was looking for Skywars servers. Found this since it had Skywars in the IP. Boom.

ID10 August 5, 2015 at 4:08 AM UTC

I heard about Avicus like a year ago, but I never actually joined the server. But how I first joined the server was through a few friends who had a team on Avicus that I already knew from another server. They invited me to play with them and that's how I first joined Avicus. \o/

ViceTechnicolour August 5, 2015 at 4:08 AM UTC

Found MCZone from avalanche network, then Overcast

TheTNTPotato August 5, 2015 at 4:08 AM UTC

Was casually playing OCN, when everything started having a large discussion about MC Zone. I decided to check it out, but wasn't interested. A few months later, some people from OCN were making me rather sad, so I remembered MC Zone, and started actively playing on it.

Ingigo August 5, 2015 at 5:08 AM UTC

April (awesome_apricot) and Me wanted to find a server for something. I don't remember what. So we went to minecraftservers and found MCZone. I stopped playing minecraft but then saw that April got Moderator. I was jealous due to that and that he had so many friends there so I came back and here I am today, known as a Regular, part of the Avicadian Family.

Mehrp August 5, 2015 at 6:08 AM UTC

My friend showed me it. We're not really friends anymore, but he left me with the best server there is ^-^

BmB August 5, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

My friend RyanPearson22 and i wanted to play walls. Naturally we played it on MCzone. Then i found  Nexus and Ronloyd and never left. :)

ImTheRealBakugo August 5, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

When I got banned on OCN, I was searching for a server which haves same gamemodes. And I saw this server on a web, and I love it. So I start to playing here.

SnowSX3 August 5, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

I was an OCN regular before I came here.
One day Howsie randomly posted an AMA on the OCN forums saying how he was a Director on this server called the Avicus Network.

I came over to check this place out.
The rest is history.

Nicolai156 August 5, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

i found mczone by myself in 2012 a long time ago when avicus came i didn't want to play the server anymore but i changed my mind!

DaFrozenBlaze August 5, 2015 at 11:08 AM UTC

I was playing Snapcraft EarthGames (I still do), then EG got deleted, so I had nothing to play.
I was watching TheBajanCanadian, saw him playing this Equinox.
Googled Team pvp servers.
Avicus came up
RIP

awesome_apricot August 5, 2015 at 12:08 PM UTC

April (awesome_apricot) and Me wanted to find a server for something. I don't remember what. So we went to minecraftservers and found MCZone. I stopped playing minecraft but then saw that April got Moderator. I was jealous due to that and that he had so many friends there so I came back and here I am today, known as a Regular, part of the Avicadian Family.
We wanted to play walls, and you found it on the server lists so we checked it out.

Then you ditched me xD and i made some great friends such as Hunting_Chick, TortoiseMuncher, Tino, FTW, Shi and moaaaaaaaaar

pope_panda August 5, 2015 at 12:08 PM UTC

I liked hacking on servers then i found mczone, hacked on it and never got banned and then i got bored of hacking

awesome_apricot August 5, 2015 at 12:08 PM UTC

I liked hacking on servers then i found mczone, hacked on it and never got banned and then i got bored of hacking
this

Mango_ August 5, 2015 at 12:08 PM UTC

Wanted to record SG, found mczone, played nebula, killfarmed on quintus and rapture v2, called g_skippy a faggot, got kicked then left
So inspiring! <3

Ingigo August 5, 2015 at 2:08 PM UTC

We wanted to play walls, and you found it on the server lists so we checked it out.

Then you ditched me xD and i made some great friends such as Hunting_Chick, TortoiseMuncher, Tino, FTW, Shi and moaaaaaaaaar
In Simpleton words, yes xD

RefuseToSink August 5, 2015 at 2:08 PM UTC

Pretty sure I just googled "walls minecraft servers", because Walls used to be a big thing, and I was brought to McZone and played a lot of Walls. I was very bad xd

Spoookeh August 5, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

Found MCZone with IRL friends when we wanted to play walls and skywars.

I found Nebula, they left and I joined the community :)

Myv August 5, 2015 at 5:08 PM UTC

I got bored of OCN and heard Avicus was another server like OCN.

Only better :)

PieZ August 5, 2015 at 8:08 PM UTC

Someone declared war on OCN claiming they were from avicus. I came on and got bored and since I wasn't known no one would take me I got accepted in a team called BlackBear

Vobaseball12 August 6, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

I came from OCN. I joined Avicus maybe 1-2 years ago, then left. Came back to OCN, got bored, and found my home on Avicus again.

AtditC August 6, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

Swisscheese10

TheMasterClock August 6, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

One fine evening during April 2013, I got bored of the SMP server I always played on. I went on minecraft servers list and found MC Zone. After an hour of playing, I already got addicted.

DarthRaysty August 6, 2015 at 5:08 PM UTC

My cousin told me about it when it was mczone but It was one of his friends who really got me into it

JCoIe September 3, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

dANK m3m3s

Absolab September 3, 2015 at 4:09 AM UTC

I wanted to play walls. Then found this server and felllll in love with nebula

SWEET_Johny September 3, 2015 at 4:09 AM UTC

My mom gave me the ip address.

Numberz_ September 3, 2015 at 4:09 AM UTC

My mom gave me the ip address.
what's your mom's ign?

VenomousViper September 3, 2015 at 5:09 AM UTC

Cole1crc found an awesome hunger games server and gave me the ip.

ImRaging September 3, 2015 at 7:09 AM UTC

Someone advertised it on their skype. I can't remember his name....Grit something and he used to have a honeydew skin.

kycrafft September 3, 2015 at 7:09 AM UTC

what's your mom's ign?
killerbye22

ImRaging September 3, 2015 at 10:09 AM UTC

what's your mom's ign?
MLGtina

Creephunter September 3, 2015 at 10:09 AM UTC

cause bad company

Yin September 3, 2015 at 1:09 PM UTC

Someone mentioned it on the OCN forums so I joined just to kill farm and leave but decided to stay.

Legoche September 3, 2015 at 3:09 PM UTC

I don't know, but my oldest memories are the parkour to the staff head room in the lobby, that stupid floating sand island in skywars and winning every SG game on SG 4, the only voted map. Good times.

smitdaIt September 3, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

ur mum told me JAJAJJAJAA

eZZZZSniper September 5, 2015 at 10:09 AM UTC

i remember that i searched for minecraft "war" like servers so i found nebula...
you know the rest ... i stuck here playing walls ;)

and nebula

BrandonMunson September 5, 2015 at 11:09 AM UTC

I played avicus because my brother found it lol

Wahiz September 5, 2015 at 11:09 AM UTC

I found avicus through walls and same with grape/Greg it was like one of the first servers I ever joined :D

FrozenThorn September 5, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

I think I found Avicus on a Server list, I remember the first ever map I played was Senex 1, that map has a very special place in my heart.

Sevoo September 5, 2015 at 2:09 PM UTC

Back when I played singleplayer, my friend told me to play multiplayer with him, so I did. He showed me this server, but he said it was a server for "famous people" and I didnt believe him, but I played along because he seemed offended every time I told him I didnt believe him when he did this sort of thing (he also told me he was a famous youtuber with 500k subs) and afterwards he just stopped playing. I continued, and it was fun, but I sucked, until I joined some other server, which exploded (damn owner didnt pay!) and then I joined Avicus for good, joining the competitive PvP part of minecraft. I was bad back then, but I played anyways, and with time I became pretty good :D