Avicus Archive

Super Bowl Holiday? by BourbonBonobo January 13, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

Ask yourselves this question all you NFL die hards, If you had the power to, would you make the super bowl a national holiday (in the U.S)? I thought this would be a fun question 4 y'all to answer. Enjoy :PP

kycrafft January 13, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

No. Not everyone likes American football. But it sure as hell izjust4fun to play. (Ok he's Canadian, whatever)

JKawesome January 13, 2015 at 6:01 PM UTC

I don't follow or watch football, but yeah I would make it a holiday just so I can skip school.

Notalgicular January 13, 2015 at 6:01 PM UTC

Why would some sporting event possibility require a day off of work/school?

Mooch24 January 13, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Why would some sporting event possibility require a day off of work/school?
because america is just the greatest

Tarheelkiwi January 13, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

I don't follow or watch football, but yeah I would make it a holiday just so I can skip school.
The Super Bowl is on a Sunday xP.  But considering that people wait all year and these business must pay millions of dollars to get a commercial spot, it sounds like a holiday already.

BourbonBonobo January 14, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

In america we treat every sunday like a holiday. Everyone stops working (mostly) and sits down and watches football. It's just our pastime. Well that's what I do :PPPP

Jahaj January 14, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

In America, The Super Bowl is a holiday (And a Sunday), and the only time my mom will play ads on the TV without muting them. :)

BourbonBonobo January 14, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

LOL That is so true

_Phyre January 14, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Seahawks = God. Yes I would.... In Seattle ;3

Jahaj January 14, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Go, Pack, Go!

BourbonBonobo January 16, 2015 at 12:01 AM UTC

Go colts!!! I <3 Luck

TheMasterClock January 16, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

The Super Bowl is pretty important but I don't know why there would be a holiday because of it.

JTCraft317 January 16, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

Go colts!!! I <3 Luck
You and I think alike.

JJTheGuy January 16, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

Well, if the Super Bowl became a holiday, the World Series would have to also! Baseball is our National Pastime, and there's no denying thay.

RCMP_Mountie January 16, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

Packers. Lets roll.

BourbonBonobo January 19, 2015 at 7:01 AM UTC

Sadly this year's super bowl is going to be really boring

RCMP_Mountie January 19, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

Packers are rip, gg

SnowSX3 January 19, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

Packers are rip, gg
Looking at your two comments just days apart and seeing your complete turn of opinion is hilarious!

RCMP_Mountie January 19, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

Looking at your two comments just days apart and seeing your complete turn of opinion is hilarious!
Welp, making a 15 point comeback and winning in OT beats me >.< cri

BourbonBonobo January 21, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

@SnowSX3, American football can have crazy turn outs, this past weekend showed the lucky team (Seattle) And the dominant team (New England). Personally I want the Patriots to win. Tom Brady is a native to my area and I would like to see him win. The neon and blue is getting a bit too overwhelming. 

@RCMP: Dude the packers had this one. They made some pretty stupid decisions when it came to instances where 4th and inches occurred. From my point of view, the Seahawks were just lucky, the better team just made one error. New England has this. The Broncos had no chance, but this time around the score will not be as huge!

ImJeezus January 21, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

Let's see.....

Team that cheats vs a team full of crybabies.

Dunno, who I should root for.

Allen_Iverson January 21, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

Patriots > Seahawks

MLGtino January 21, 2015 at 11:01 AM UTC

Let's see.....

Team that cheats vs a team full of crybabies.

Dunno, who I should root for.
I'm rooting for wardrobe malfunction at halftime.

Allen_Iverson January 21, 2015 at 11:01 AM UTC

^

BourbonBonobo January 21, 2015 at 11:01 PM UTC

Im gonna go for the patriot biased refs! huehue

ImJeezus January 22, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

I'm pumping out the ear plugs during that.

TheOpAmerican January 22, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

@SnowSX3, American football can have crazy turn outs, this past weekend showed the lucky team (Seattle) And the dominant team (New England). Personally I want the Patriots to win. Tom Brady is a native to my area and I would like to see him win. The neon and blue is getting a bit too overwhelming. 

@RCMP: Dude the packers had this one. They made some pretty stupid decisions when it came to instances where 4th and inches occurred. From my point of view, the Seahawks were just lucky, the better team just made one error. New England has this. The Broncos had no chance, but this time around the score will not be as huge!
it's honestly not that bad of a decision when you realize you're going against a good defense... gotta get points when you can... the seahawks are a good defense, it'd have been a huge momentum shift if they stuffed the packers on those fourth downs..

BourbonBonobo January 22, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

Yeah... But they were lucky that they won. It was pure luck. Their defense was not as good as green bay's. Honestly the pats offensive line may be a bit tough for the birds to fly around.

Thomas_Shoes January 22, 2015 at 3:01 PM UTC

Yeah... But they were lucky that they won. It was pure luck. Their defense was not as good as green bay's. Honestly the pats offensive line may be a bit tough for the birds to fly around.
They are a better team, even in there worst game they found a way to win, Seattles defense held green bay to field goals instead of touchdowns

RightSide January 22, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

:D

endergodx January 22, 2015 at 6:01 PM UTC

lol i am not American