Avicus Archive

Open Discussion: ViceWatercolours Return by Arigenn January 11, 2016 at 3:01 AM UTC

On behalf of ViceWatercolour, I am going to say that he wishes to return to his Administrator position after his recent demotion from the rank. This is a decision that I will involve the whole community on, as its a rather important decision, and I believe its more than fair for the community to have a say in this.

gobernment January 11, 2016 at 3:01 AM UTC

DaFrozenBlaze January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

He already retired, if he really wanted it he would have stayed as a Sr Mod. I don't mind him returning

alexanderjoe January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

Para is an awesome guy, he did great as an admin and I would to see him keep on working with the admin team and improving the server, so yes from me.

vladthegreat100 January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

Like Frozen said.
I like Para, but he retired. If he wanted to stay he could have stayed as Sr Mod and done this exact thing while Sr Mod.
But in the end I don't mind him returning.

Juanooo January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

No, he retired, things are done already

Aerosmith January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

He has dedicated lots of time and effort to this server. If he feels he can continue his already achievement filled legacy, then sure, let him continue to help the server grow and prosper.

SnowSX3 January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

He got demoted from Admin because he abused his powers.
If he returns, how will we know that he won't abuse them again?

He's returned from retirement once already so this second time he'd have to be a Junior as according to the retirement policy.
So I don't know why this is even being considered.

He also said "I don't want to be associated with the Senior Staff team" Right after he retired.

If he wants back in, he'll have to work up the ranks- as the policy states. 

I mean, if you need another admin, promote a Senior Moderator.

Posighdun's already had Administrator training.
He's the most ready/deserving at the moment. 

Coco_stag January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

promote sessp

Porkyyy January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

He's returned from retirement once already so this second time he'd have to be a Junior as according to the retirement policy.

He also said "I don't want to be associated with the Senior Staff team" Right after he retired.

^

_Jupiter January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

Yeah but...he retired from sr?
He seemed like a good admin though

PieZ January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

I want a leader. I do not see leaders

BoldAndBrash January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

He did good as an admin and did many great things and had nice plans, too. But too be honest, as stated above, he apparently doesn't want anything to do with the seniors and even ended up retiring his senior rank. He can accomplish plenty of his plans without being an admin, although I'd like to see him maybe become a senior.

Sevoo January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

Start with giving him jr mod.

Jahaj January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

He did do a great deal to help the server, but he abused his permissions severely and proved he wasn't capable to be the leader of the staff team. He can come back as a Senior and still help the server out, continuing what he was doing as an admin, but he needs someone to monitor him since he has not proven worthy of Administrator yet.

Posighdun January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

Well the new policy says that he can only come back as moderator and we said we were actually going to start enforcing the new policies so...

vladthegreat100 January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

Well the new policy says that he can only come back as moderator and we said we were actually going to start enforcing the new policies so...
xddddd.
I see someone remembered the rules :P

Coco_stag January 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM UTC

xddddd.
I see someone remembered the rules :P
wouldn't avicus be great if everyone did the same, and not make up policies as they go

Jahaj January 11, 2016 at 5:01 AM UTC

Also he has to wait 2 weeks until he can return according to the policy.

vladthegreat100 January 11, 2016 at 5:01 AM UTC

wouldn't avicus be great if everyone did the same, and not make up policies as they go
It would be more organized :P

Posighdun January 11, 2016 at 5:01 AM UTC

It would be more organized :P
Well i updated the policies with ethan and we are the department of rules & policies so it's kinda my job to remember them and update them XD

ImNotYourTiger January 11, 2016 at 5:01 AM UTC

Ok let's be honest here I'll step up and be the admin. 

No but on a serious note like a lot of people have starred above, he didn't want to be associated with the staff team and he somehow abused his powers which I don't know how but apparently he did. But again, he was very helpful and he did do quite a bit (it seems) for the server. So if you can make sure he won't abuse his powers or retire completely if he gets demoted, I think he should. come back.

But I could still take his position. ARIGENN INTERVIEW ME

Robin_DD_J January 11, 2016 at 5:01 AM UTC

I think he should return as admin. He obviously retired because he got demotion. In my opinion Vice is creative and thinks like no one els, which can both be good or bad. But he did a great job as admin and actually made things happen. Get him back.

Juanooo January 11, 2016 at 5:01 AM UTC

I think he should return as admin. He obviously retired because he got demotion. In my opinion Vice is creative and thinks like no one els, which can both be good or bad. But he did a great job as admin and actually made things happen. Get him back.
Memes

Colecrc January 11, 2016 at 6:01 AM UTC

He abused his permissions and broke rules on TS and I have heard he abused in-game aswell. So I don't think he should come back.

Silentdawnslight January 11, 2016 at 6:01 AM UTC

With policies and the like, there's only so much you can think ahead. Policies help outline things for simpler cases, but there's so much that can happen you surely should not live or die by those pre-written standards, it'd be a dumb decision for any server or company or whatever. 
I think in that regard, with somebody who seems to contribute a large amount to the server, it's not worth getting particularly worked up over those. We want simply what's best for the server.
And if he has problems with the senior team, and they are considering bringing him back in and he is willing, then does it not seem that they have decided to work on those problems? Because it does to me. 

At least this is what I get out of this. I haven't been here awfully long and I haven't seen a lot of what happened previously, but a lot of people seem to agree with what Vice has said after his demotion and from that I'd think it would do well to have him working with the staff team again.

X0X0 January 11, 2016 at 6:01 AM UTC

sure why not

SnowSX3 January 11, 2016 at 6:01 AM UTC

He got demoted.
He's not even eligible to come back as an Admin.

Even if he retired from the position, he'd have to wait a few weeks to come back, not 2 days.
Why is this thread a thing?

No discussion is needed, No decision needs to be made.
The answer is no.

Colecrc January 11, 2016 at 6:01 AM UTC

He got demoted.

Even if he retired from the position, he'd have to wait a few weeks to come back, not 2 days.

The answer is no.
^

Coco_stag January 11, 2016 at 6:01 AM UTC

He got demoted.

The answer is no.
+1

kycrafft January 11, 2016 at 6:01 AM UTC

He got demoted.

The answer is no.
I agree, there has to be consistency within the staff team. I liked him and all but he should have to follow the same guidelines as everyone else.

SnowSX3 January 11, 2016 at 6:01 AM UTC

I agree, there has to be consistency within the staff team. I liked him and all but he should have to follow the same guidelines as everyone else.
Exactly.
Para's a good guy. But if he gets promoted it'll show either one of two things.

The Senior Staff are biased.
or
The Senior Staff don't know what they're doing. (because yet another exception has been made to an already confirmed policy)

As sad as it is, it's true.

Invenow January 11, 2016 at 7:01 AM UTC

i for one think he is great
but he did abuse his powers as admin

34th January 11, 2016 at 7:01 AM UTC

I agree with Snow, Vice isn't special, he shouldnt be allowed to be promoted to Admin when he was demoted for abusing (Ehmm flying) and then retiring. I believe that he should work through the ranks like everyone else otherwise it will be unfair!

Promote a senior if you want another Admin

RIP_Avicus January 11, 2016 at 7:01 AM UTC

No. People have been mods for years and never got Sr, and now Para can just stroll back in as and when he wants to? He abused his powers, and was demoted. Then he himself retired. He shouldn't come back.

Tazz January 11, 2016 at 7:01 AM UTC

I agree with Snow, Vice isn't special, he shouldnt be allowed to be promoted to Admin when he was demoted for abusing (Ehmm flying) and then retiring. I believe that he should work through the ranks like everyone else otherwise it will be unfair!

Promote a senior if you want another Admin
Nothing was to do with flying.

If he wants to come back the new policies should be used, including the fact that a retired staff member can't return before he has been retired for 2 week.

He was a good admin though.

_Mx_ January 11, 2016 at 7:01 AM UTC

I have no problem with him returning - but honestly, we could return him as a Trial-Admin, or a Temporary-Mod, or a Temporary-Sr Mod. Overall it'd make sure he doesn't still have those commands. Personally I trust him 100%, but this would compensate for those players who are wary of him misusing his commands. He could not have access to them at the start, so that we would all have time to adjust before fully integrating him back to Administrator. 

Basically, it's a yes from me.

ImRaging January 11, 2016 at 8:01 AM UTC

Good Admin

But he retired from SrMod. If you think about it, retiring and requesting a promotion straight to Admin is a quicker process than having to go from Sr back to Admin. If he does get promoted go to a rank lower than Sr.

Also Para abused perms so going straight back to a rank with lots of perms isnt a good idea imo

Alaann January 11, 2016 at 8:01 AM UTC

No, if he was demoted why would you give him admin back wtf, btw i totally agree with Posighdun.

Alaann January 11, 2016 at 8:01 AM UTC

And why tf this threads are a thing, just react.

_Nathy January 11, 2016 at 8:01 AM UTC

1. This new policy we are meant to be working so hard to enforce doesnt allow him to come back for a while.
2. Him jumping straight back up ahead of hard working mods would show a ton of bias.

That aside, I would still say no based on a single recent event:

Snow, one of the most dedicated and active mods got demoted for "Being a moderator"
Para got demoted for abusing his rank and now he's being asked back? Yeah no

If Snow gets given Sr I'd be cool with Para starting again at Jr Mod

Subscriptor January 11, 2016 at 8:01 AM UTC

As much as i like para and what he has done is great, i 100% agree with what snow said.

Capenage January 11, 2016 at 9:01 AM UTC

He retired from his position because of the demotion. 
I don't mind seeing him back to the Administrator spot.

He's cool, let him get another chance.

FrozenSolstice January 11, 2016 at 9:01 AM UTC

It's funny how things are getting choppy now. These new policies being twisted and turned whenever suits the staff bet, ahah.

Putting everything aside though, I believe Para would be great if he returned as administrator.

+1

Camemes January 11, 2016 at 9:01 AM UTC

I think Para was and still is a good leader and admin, I would like to see him return, retired or not.

+1

Posighdun January 11, 2016 at 9:01 AM UTC

As was pointed out before, This discussion is now useless as the policy will not allow him to come back to Administrator straight away. If he wishes to come back then the policy states he may come back as a moderator, but that is up to him. 

Locking....